PDA

View Full Version : Miller: " Derek Wolfe is like Watt"

Jsteve01
06-25-2013, 11:26 PM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prime-cuts/slice/miller-derek-wolfe-is-like-j.j.-watt

sorry I couldn't link the actual espn article so I linked the IAOF article. Hope this is ok. Seems to me a certain poster mentioned serious similarities between Wolfe and Miller's ability along with an alarming similitude between their rookie stats. Wolfe, is not the athlete Watt is, although he's definitely very athletic. He also has to contend with Miller getting there before he does. I expect big things from Wolfe this year as he should see more opportunity as a pass rusher and all the guys playing outside should really see an improved push from the tackle position with the additions of Knighton and Williams.

cmc0605
06-26-2013, 12:26 AM
Don't know about this, but I expect big things from Wolfe this year. The coaches and players have said nothing but good about him this offseason, and it's been a lot more sincere than the typical "oh yea he's a good teammate, making progress, etc" And he's already become a leader on the defense apparently.

Dzone
06-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Right on. Good article

Simple Jaded
06-26-2013, 02:39 AM
Von has been reading too many message boards.

Northman
06-26-2013, 04:48 AM
Lol, yea lets not get ahead of ourselves. While it would be nice if Wolfe started to play like Watt its WAY too early to make these kind of claims.

sneakers
06-26-2013, 05:46 AM
He's like what?

CrazyHorse
06-26-2013, 06:20 AM
Between him, Ayers, Phillips, and Q. Smith we should be able to make up for our loss of Dumervil.

TXBRONC
06-26-2013, 08:23 AM
I don't know if Wolfe is the kind of player who can get double digit sacks but I've maintained that if he gets between 6 to 8 consistently he'll be doing his job well.

vandammage13
06-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Wolfe is a physical beast..I wouldn't say he's JJ Watt, but he does have the talent to be a formidable player.

If he can get his technique down, Wolfe does have the physical ability to put up good sack numbers, especially with Von taking a lot of attention on the opposite end.

I think he'll be a good player for us, but I would hold off on the JJ Watt comparisons for now.

TXBRONC
06-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Wolfe is a physical beast..I wouldn't say he's JJ Watt, but he does have the talent to be a formidable player.

If he can get his technique down, Wolfe does have the physical ability to put up good sack numbers, especially with Von taking a lot of attention on the opposite end.

I think he'll be a good player for us, but I would hold off on the JJ Watt comparisons for now.

I agree, and if we're wrong and he is as good Watt than I will very happy to be wrong.

Chef Zambini
06-26-2013, 10:56 AM
He's like what?

best post, how typical !

Chef Zambini
06-26-2013, 11:00 AM
I don't know if Wolfe is the kind of player who can get double digit sacks but I've maintained that if he gets between 6 to 8 consistently he'll be doing his job well.
as you well now it aint all about the glamour sacks number!
watt probably has more pass defenses than our starting safeties !
he stoips the run and knocks down passes.
creates fumbles and does a whole lot more than just the sack and handcuffed victory celebration.
I hope for the best for wolfe, I hope he exceeds every expectation, but comparing him to "watts his name "is really pretty silly at this point.

Chef Zambini
06-26-2013, 11:02 AM
wolf is a watt in sheeps clothing.

Traveler
06-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Between him, Ayers, Phillips, and Q. Smith we should be able to make up for our loss of Dumervil.

I still have high hopes for Jackson too...

honz
06-26-2013, 04:47 PM
He's like what?

Watt?

slim
06-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Beast

Jsteve01
06-26-2013, 06:05 PM
creates fumbles and does a whole lot more than just the sack and handcuffed victory celebration.
I hope for the best for wolfe, I hope he exceeds every expectation, but comparing him to "watts his name "is really pretty silly at this point. compare numbers from their rookie seasons and then factor the notion that Wolfe rarely rushed the passer as a rook

CrazyHorse
06-27-2013, 12:42 AM
I still have high hopes for Jackson too...

I hope with Sly and Knighton we'll finally be able to get a push up the middle and keep quarterbacks from just stepping up into the pocket to avoid the edge rush.

TXBRONC
06-27-2013, 08:10 AM
I hope for the best for wolfe, I hope he exceeds every expectation, but comparing him to "watts his name "is really pretty silly at this point.

You didn't read the article did you? The comparison that was made is that Wolfe numbers from him rookie season are very similar to that of Watt.

TXBRONC
06-27-2013, 08:19 AM
compare numbers from their rookie seasons and then factor the notion that Wolfe rarely rushed the passer as a rook

I just got done posting something very similar to Zam. The article says that their rookie seasons are very similar. The writer thinks Wolfe can be a consistent 10 sack defensive end. As long as he plays on the same side as Miller I don't know if can do that because Miller has one of the most explosive first steps in the game.