PDA

View Full Version : Who's really in charge? AFC West has undergone great change

Denver Native (Carol)
06-22-2013, 06:23 PM
When it comes to building an NFL roster, hierarchies vary from team to team. Some organizations are driven by general managers, others by owners, a few by head coaches -- and of course, many franchises divvy up checks and balances. Albert Breer takes an in-depth look at all 32 power structures in this eight-part, division-by-division series, which aims to answer one simple question for each NFL team: Who's really in charge? Read the AFC West breakdown below. Click here for other divisions.

DENVER BRONCOS

Owner: Pat Bowlen, 30th year
General Manager: N/A
Head Coach: John Fox, 3rd year
Other front-office notables: Joe Ellis, President; John Elway, Executive Vice President of Football Operations; Matt Russell, Director of Player Personnel; Tom Heckert, Director of Pro Personnel; Mike Sullivan, Director of Football Administration.

Who's really in charge? The team underwent a full-scale restructuring two years ago that put Joe Ellis in charge of the club on a day-to-day basis and positioned John Elway to lead the football operation. Pat Bowlen passed many of his own responsibilities to Ellis, while Elway was given full control of gridiron duties -- final say on all personnel matters, as well as the 53-man roster, and the task of hiring Josh McDaniels' replacement at head coach.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000213432/article/whos-ireallyi-in-charge-afc-west-has-undergone-great-change

EMB6903
06-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Broncos will again go 6-0 against the afc west.

SoCalImport
06-23-2013, 05:36 AM
@ Arrowhead will always be a tough win.

I'd be pretty stoked with 5-1 though

sneakers
06-23-2013, 06:15 AM
NOTHiNG HAS CHANGED!!!!

Magnificent Seven
06-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Broncos will go 6-0 again. Hands down.

Dapper Dan
06-24-2013, 07:37 AM
We really have no reason do dismiss the Chiefs or Chargers. Arrowhead is always tough. Alex Smith is underrated right now, in my opinion. It took a missive rally to come back and beat San Diego last season. I think we're getting ahead of ourselves and we need to tone it down a little.

arapaho2
06-25-2013, 03:10 PM
We really have no reason do dismiss the Chiefs or Chargers. Arrowhead is always tough. Alex Smith is underrated right now, in my opinion. It took a missive rally to come back and beat San Diego last season. I think we're getting ahead of ourselves and we need to tone it down a little.I don't take afc west games lightly....however although technically your right and we did need a huge comeback to beat san diego...but it wasn't because of what they dictated to us, but rather our own mistakes, b2b special teams turnovers, willis not running the route manning signaled cost another 7 points....right after decker had a walk in td disappear when he tripped over his shadow

Dapper Dan
06-25-2013, 08:56 PM
I don't take afc west games lightly....however although technically your right and we did need a huge comeback to beat san diego...but it wasn't because of what they dictated to us, but rather our own mistakes, b2b special teams turnovers, willis not running the route manning signaled cost another 7 points....right after decker had a walk in td disappear when he tripped over his shadow

Which could easily happen again. It proves that our team can mess up. Enough to keep me from proclaiming we can easily go 6-0 right now.

Dzone
06-26-2013, 12:40 AM
We are superior to all and should go undefeated! We Will win the Super bowl against Seattle on a cold and snowy super bowl sunday in New Jersey... Ok ok, I will tone it down a little,lol, but when was the last time we went into a season with so much optimism? :)

Dapper Dan
06-26-2013, 12:53 AM
We are superior to all and should go undefeated! We Will win the Super bowl against Seattle on a cold and snowy super bowl sunday in New Jersey... Ok ok, I will tone it down a little,lol, but when was the last time we went into a season with so much optimism? :)

Such a stupid prediction. Seattle? :D