PDA

View Full Version : Miller Ranked Number One Pass Rusher

WARHORSE
06-19-2013, 11:11 PM
I dont disagree at all. He is definitely a head above everyone else in just pure pass rushing ability. Nice Highlights.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000213570/article/ranking-the-top-25-nfl-edge-rushers

Simple Jaded
06-19-2013, 11:22 PM
I like Suggs but dude is overrated here, Dumervil is better. In 10 seasons he's only played less than 16 games twice and has had double digit sacks four times, never had more than 14 and averages 8.5. The production doesn't back this ranking.

Poet
06-19-2013, 11:25 PM
The list didn't include defensive lineman. Watts is the better pass rusher. Miller is the better football player.

BroncoWave
06-19-2013, 11:29 PM
The list didn't include defensive lineman. Watts is the better pass rusher. Miller is the better football player.

It was a ranking of edge pass rushers.

BroncoWave
06-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Also, Dumervil didn't even make their top 25, yet people on here wanted him paid as the top DE in football. Incredible.

Poet
06-19-2013, 11:40 PM
It was a ranking of edge pass rushers.

I was aware.

The list is weird. It has Dunlap ahead of Johnson. That's just not accurate.

Simple Jaded
06-19-2013, 11:47 PM
I was aware.

The list is weird. It has Dunlap ahead of Johnson. That's just not accurate.
Dunlap didn't even start last year did he?

Poet
06-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Dunlap didn't even start last year did he?

It's that heavy rotation thing. He didn't start, but his snap total should be close. Dunlap makes a ton of plays. Batted balls, fumbles and fumble recoveries. He scores a good amount of TD's for his position. He's really good and if he played all the snaps he'd have similar numbers to Johnson. BUUUUUUUT, Johnson is consistently a better pass rusher. Dunlap hits these funks.

rationalfan
06-20-2013, 03:54 PM
i might be in the minority, but i think dumervil is overrated - and i thought that before he left the broncos. the guy gets good stats, but he rarely produces in those moments when the D really needs a big play. and he tends to get bunches of sacks at once, suggesting he exploits weak tackles who can't adapt to particular moves.

don't get me wrong, i'd like him to still be in denver, but he was overvalued, i believe.

Simple Jaded
06-20-2013, 04:13 PM
i might be in the minority, but i think dumervil is overrated - and i thought that before he left the broncos. the guy gets good stats, but he rarely produces in those moments when the D really needs a big play. and he tends to get bunches of sacks at once, suggesting he exploits weak tackles who can't adapt to particular moves.

don't get me wrong, i'd like him to still be in denver, but he was overvalued, i believe.

Agreed, which makes Suggs ranking even worse.

Poet
06-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Suggs is a good pass rusher who turns it on in the playoffs. I think he averages a sack and a half per game in the postseason.

Dzone
06-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Short guys like Dumervil get no respect lol