PDA

View Full Version : Walton Has Ankle Surgery, May Miss Entire Season

LTC Pain
06-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Who's calling Koppen's agent!!! Or are we hoping Blake rises to the top very quickly?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23493501/j-d-walton-has-ankle-surgery-center-might

slim
06-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Well, Phillip better get it together.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-19-2013, 01:36 PM
WHY was this not done WAAAAAY before now??????

LTC Pain
06-19-2013, 01:38 PM
WHY was this not done WAAAAAY before now??????

I'm going to guess that Walton's recovery seemed on track until recent OTAs uncovered a problem requiring surgery.

Ravage!!!
06-19-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm going to guess that Walton's recovery seemed on track until recent OTAs uncovered a problem requiring surgery.

Yeah.. sometimes doctors don't know how things are progressing and time is the best healing factor. If Koppen is available, lets get him back..... now.

BroncoWave
06-19-2013, 02:02 PM
At least we are finding out now. We have time to get someone else in and get him used to Manning. Hopefully Koppen has stayed in shape.

slim
06-19-2013, 02:03 PM
How are we going to get someone now? The only players available are players that no one wants.

BroncoWave
06-19-2013, 02:07 PM
How are we going to get someone now? The only players available are players that no one wants.

There are still players out there. Yeah, they won't be as good, but as least we have time to get them up to speed in the offense.

LTC Pain
06-19-2013, 02:07 PM
1) Koppen is still an unsigned UFA or 2) PM needs to spend mucho time with Blake leading up to training camp seem to be the viable options.

slim
06-19-2013, 02:10 PM
There are still players out there. Yeah, they won't be as good, but as least we have time to get them up to speed in the offense.

Pipe down.

I'm trying to make a point about something.

LTC Pain
06-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Pipe down.

I'm trying to make a point about something.

What's the point you are trying to make :)

BroncoWave
06-19-2013, 02:12 PM

Good question!

slim
06-19-2013, 02:15 PM

There are a lot of good football players available. The fact they haven't been signed doesn't mean that "nobody wants them".

BroncoWave
06-19-2013, 02:16 PM
There are a lot of good football players available. The fact they haven't been signed doesn't mean that "nobody wants them".

Your sarcasm needs some fine-tuning.

slim
06-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Your sarcasm needs some fine-tuning.

No, my sarcasm is fine. The problem is your brain.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-19-2013, 02:21 PM

And, the fact they haven't been signed could indicate that nobody needed them at a particular position.

LTC Pain
06-19-2013, 02:21 PM
No, my sarcasm is fine. The problem is your brain.

I understand your points better when you are plain spoken, without trying the sarcasm thing :(

Rick
06-19-2013, 02:23 PM
I still hold out hope that for Kuper heals and for some reason has an ability to play center.

LTC Pain
06-19-2013, 02:25 PM
And, the fact they haven't been signed could indicate that nobody needed them at a particular position.

See Carol, I can believe your point because you are usually very straight forward. If Slim had responded with this then I'd have to use my Man From Uncle secret sarcasm decoder ring to figure out what the hell he was trying to say :) :) :)

rationalfan
06-19-2013, 02:35 PM
man, this board is going to EXPLODE when the broncos don't sign a center, and then start manny ramirez over blake or kuper (at center, really?).

as to why the surgery now, i'm thinking the plate/screws in his ankle were the problem after he started doing activity. sometimes, the metal will actually cause a new break/fracture in the bone when its stressed/flexed a certain way (typing from experience). of course, this is pure conjecture on my part.

Rick
06-19-2013, 02:50 PM
man, this board is going to EXPLODE when the broncos don't sign a center, and then start manny ramirez over blake or kuper (at center, really?).

as to why the surgery now, i'm thinking the plate/screws in his ankle were the problem after he started doing activity. sometimes, the metal will actually cause a new break/fracture in the bone when its stressed/flexed a certain way (typing from experience). of course, this is pure conjecture on my part.

Not saying Kuper can or will play center but he certainly wouldn't be the first guard to move to center.

jhildebrand
06-19-2013, 03:16 PM
If Manny Ramirez is our C for any portion of the season, we are DOOOOOOMED. :coffee:

rationalfan
06-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Not saying Kuper can or will play center but he certainly wouldn't be the first guard to move to center.

of course, you're right. but these things usually happen early in a player's career, if i recall correctly (and someone, please prove me wrong).

regardless, if kuper was instrumental in calling out blocking assignments, defensive alignments, etc., it could work. but i don't think it's something you can just step into and learn over night, or during a training camp.

plus, that might just be replacing one hobbled center with another. kuper's health is still as big a concern as walton's, as far as i'm concerned.

Rick
06-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Leave me alone, I just tried it in madden and he was awesome :D

Denver Native (Carol)
06-19-2013, 03:42 PM
And, don't forget that they moved Ben Garland from defense to offense

Jsteve01
06-19-2013, 03:46 PM
And, don't forget that they moved Ben Garland from defense to offense are you saying garland at center?

slim
06-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Hey, you guys ever heard of Phillip Blake?

Jsteve01
06-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Hey, you guys ever heard of Phillip Blake? yeah the guy behind Ramirez in otas?

LTC Pain
06-19-2013, 04:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/59288/broncos-have-decision-to-make-at-center

Dapper Dan
06-19-2013, 04:39 PM
lol.but manny sux:rolleyes:

Ravage!!!
06-19-2013, 04:42 PM

No.. but would you want to rely on Kuper to stay healthy for a season?

Joel
06-19-2013, 05:00 PM

I know the price is very different, but find it funny people are saying all the same things in defense of Walton that get ignored in defense of Kuper. I guess it's all about loyalty, but performance is a better metric. :(

Denver Native (Carol)
06-19-2013, 05:39 PM
are you saying garland at center?

No, just saying that they now have another body on the line, if they need to move players around.

broncofaninfla
06-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Koppen far outplayed Walton last season. I'd be surprised if we didn't bring him back.

BigDaddyBronco
06-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Maybe Nalen will come out of retirement.

Dzone
06-19-2013, 06:34 PM
Walton is fat and has skinny arms, not that it matters for a center, just sayin

Buff
06-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Well, shit. Not sure if there are any serviceable vets floating around out there... You'd think we might be able to find a younger version of Koppen since it's still June. Either way, this is a position where we were already very thin, so this is less than ideal.

shank
06-19-2013, 11:15 PM
I know the price is very different, but find it funny people are saying all the same things in defense of Walton that get ignored in defense of Kuper. I guess it's all about loyalty, but performance is a better metric. :(
please expand on that thought.

lolwteffshank

Simple Jaded
06-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Don't worry, I have a feeling this Beadles kid is the next Bob Hannah.

dogfish
06-20-2013, 12:47 AM
regardless, if kuper was instrumental in calling out blocking assignments, defensive alignments, etc., it could work. but i don't think it's something you can just step into and learn over night, or during a training camp.

kuper handled the line calls walton's rookie year, or at least the early part of it. . . i don't know if he'll be healthy enough to play at a high level this season, or how well he would adjust to snapping the ball-- but he could handle the position mentally, and i believe center requires a bit less mobility than guard. . .

i think bringing back koppen is more likely, though. . .

CrazyHorse
06-20-2013, 01:00 AM
Blake, Kuper, or Koppen, take your pick. Please, anybody but Manny Ramirez. He's only good at baseball.

Dapper Dan
06-20-2013, 01:46 AM
Unlike Kuper, Manny can actually play Center.

dogfish
06-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Unlike Kuper, Manny can actually play Center.

lol! when he's healthy, kuper can actually play. . . period. . .

unlike manny. . . :coffee:

Dapper Dan
06-20-2013, 02:22 AM
That's awesome. But we need a C, not a G. And like I said, only one of those guys can play C.

sneakers
06-20-2013, 05:59 AM
oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit

Tned
06-20-2013, 07:01 AM

I had a t-plate in my wrist after a radial osteotomy (bone graph from hip to rebuild wrist joint) and in my last day of physical/occupational therapy I decided to put in a at extra strong work out and cracked my radius bone where the screw on one end of the plate went into the bone. Not good.

LTC Pain
06-20-2013, 07:32 AM
please expand on that thought.

lolwteffshank

No, don't!!!

TXBRONC
06-20-2013, 12:00 PM
lol.but manny sux:rolleyes:

Manny makes a good back up and provides good depth but I would rather he not start.

Dapper Dan
06-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Manny makes a good back up and provides good depth but I would rather he not start.

And I'd rather our OL stay healthy and Manny collect an easy check on the bench. Looks like we'll be looking for a Center of the Future. Being hurt during a contract year doesn't look good for Walton. It would be nice to see what Blake can do. Apparently the FO thinks Manny is a better Center than Blake at this second. I'm a little surprised Koppen isn't back already. I expect to see the Broncos sign Koppen thread or Tweet everyday.

TXBRONC
06-20-2013, 12:18 PM
And I'd rather our OL stay healthy and Manny collect an easy check on the bench. Looks like we'll be looking for a Center of the Future. Being hurt during a contract year doesn't look good for Walton. It would be nice to see what Blake can do. Apparently the FO thinks Manny is a better Center than Blake at this second. I'm a little surprised Koppen isn't back already. I expect to see the Broncos sign Koppen thread or Tweet everyday.

Do you know anyone who wants Denver to go into the season with banged up offensive line? If you're going experiment this the time to do it.

Slick
06-20-2013, 12:20 PM
It really sucks that we drafted a center two tears in a row and neither one of them are clearly a starter at this point. Injuries or not.

Dzone
06-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Whats wrong with Blake from Baylor? He has to be better than Walton. If hes not, why the hell did we draft him? In any case, looks like the job is Koppens to lose from here.

rationalfan
06-20-2013, 03:50 PM
It really sucks that we drafted a center two tears in a row and neither one of them are clearly a starter at this point. Injuries or not.

walton was drafted in 2010. blake in 2012.

though, even if they were back to back, your comment isn't exactly fair. walton is clearly a starter, when he's healthy. two different coaching regimes had him as a starter.

as for blake, let the kid develop. chris myers didn't start right away. neither did kory leichensteiger (sp?), but both of these former bronocs draft picks are very good oline pieces on other teams. not every draft pick is made for immediate production, we, as fans, need to remember that.

Dzone
06-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Maybe its better to have an old center than a young one. Didnt Walton start every game his rookie year?

Simple Jaded
06-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Maybe its better to have an old center than a young one. Didnt Walton start every game his rookie year?

Yes, but he won the position by default after Doogie let Weigmann go, iirc he was literally the only C on the roster with Hochstein backing him up. In one his truly confusing moves Doogie drafts two ZBS OL and gets rid of the Broncos ZBS in the same offseason.

Slick
06-20-2013, 04:26 PM
walton was drafted in 2010. blake in 2012.

though, even if they were back to back, your comment isn't exactly fair. walton is clearly a starter, when he's healthy. two different coaching regimes had him as a starter.

as for blake, let the kid develop. chris myers didn't start right away. neither did kory leichensteiger (sp?), but both of these former bronocs draft picks are very good oline pieces on other teams. not every draft pick is made for immediate production, we, as fans, need to remember that.

Okay, my mistake, they were drafted two years apart. I stand by my statement, fair or not. Walton wowed the coaches so much that they drafted another guy to play his position, one year later. ...and now he's hurt. I'm not saying they both are trash, I am saying that it sucks that one of them isn't a healthy, clear cut starter going into 2013.

Ziggy
06-20-2013, 06:58 PM
I really wanted the Broncos to grab Schwenke in the third. I hope that passing on him for Kayvon Webster works out in the long run.

TXBRONC
06-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Okay, my mistake, they were drafted two years apart. I stand by my statement, fair or not. Walton wowed the coaches so much that they drafted another guy to play his position, one year later. ...and now he's hurt. I'm not saying they both are trash, I am saying that it sucks that one of them isn't a healthy, clear cut starter going into 2013.

No they drafted Blake because we didn't have another center.

I think Koppen did great job last year but if they felt Walton was terrible why did Elway wait to re-sign until he found out Walton was going to need more surgery and that he could miss all this season.? That makes no sense to wait that long if they truly felt Koppen is that much better than Walton.

Dzone
06-21-2013, 10:26 AM
So had JD recovered fully, Koppen would still be unemployed...Hmmm

Dapper Dan
06-21-2013, 10:27 AM

Yes.

TXBRONC
06-21-2013, 11:25 AM

He hadn't been signed until it came out that Walton needed surgery that could possibly be out for the entire season. Why would Elway wait if they liked Koppen better anyway?

rationalfan
06-21-2013, 01:08 PM
He hadn't been signed until it came out that Walton needed surgery that could possibly be out for the entire season. Why would Elway wait if they liked Koppen better anyway?

well, obviously, because elway and co. weren't reading these boards until after walton got hurt.