PDA

View Full Version : Divisional Playoffs Highlights vs Ravens

mopatt24
06-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Here are the playoff highlights. This is the first time I've seen this game, since that day and Baltimore got away with a lot in that game. Still, that conservative play-calling allow the Ravens to get the ball back, which shouldn't have happen with just over 2 mins and plenty of offensive weapons. Anyways, this completes my highlights of the 2012 season. If anyone wants a certain week to download and keep, just hit me up. Look forward to the 2013 season, and go Broncos!!

http://youtu.be/Rnxi2PY96Ww

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/no1mww0xu37egmf/Divisional%20Playoffs%20Broncos%20Highlights%20vs. %20Ravens%20ft.%20Egypt%20Central.mp4

MasterShake
06-18-2013, 08:06 AM
I don't think I can bring myself to watch that but thanks anyway! :lol:

I just remember the opening kickoff return for a TD and thinking it was over, then its all kind of blurry, then there was some missing time, then I woke up and we got Wes Welker in Free Agency. I'm happier with that as my last memory...

TXBRONC
06-18-2013, 08:25 AM
I appreciate it but like Shake I can't bring myself to watch the highlights.

Joel
06-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Conservative playcalling didn't cost us the game, a running game incapable of >3 yards in as many tries did. Manning publicly said that was the right call after the game; not his fault we didn't have the linemen or backs to do the job. Conservative playcalling didn't let Baltimores answer to Tebow throw a 70 yd game-saving TD 40 seconds before his season should've ended, or let him bomb us for two earlier TDs to a nobody.

Seriously, if we couldn't stop Joe FLACCO when his only legit starting WR was Boldin all that game did was spare us Brady, Welker, Gronk and Hernandez embarrassing us in front of the country (yet again) and on our home field to boot. Conservative playcalling didn't throw the Ravens a pick six in the second quarter or a pick in range of a game-winning FG in the second OT. It didn't kick the dirt instead of the ball on a FG that would've made the Hail Mary at the end of regulation irrelevant. It didn't fail to a score a single point in the entire OT.

Sorry, Manning can't win playoff games by himself; we had to set an NFL playoff record for TD kick returns just to stay IN it. That's why we loaded up our secondary, signed a top guard and drafted a running back high in the second round. Hopefully all that was enough.

I do agree the calls were worse than any pro game I recall since the '94 NFCCG. It confirmed what the bad calls in the Ravens/Colts game made me suspect: The Ravens "won" the Super Bowl by league decree the moment Ray "Stabby" Lewis announced retirement; it was the NFL equivalent of giving him a gold watch for his years of dedicated homicide. Really, who ever heard of a first ballot HoFer announcing retirement at the START rather than end of the playoffs? In any genuine league that would cut the heart out of his team; in the NFL it just made a great revenue-generating narrative. Oh, well.

Simple Jaded
06-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Did Joel just compare Joe Flacco to Tim Tebow?

Joel
06-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Did Joel just compare Joe Flacco to Tim Tebow?
Hardly the first time. One guy who throws very far and very inaccurately is much like another.

Timmy!
06-22-2013, 11:12 PM
I think Joel and Zam are sharing meds.

CrazyHorse
06-22-2013, 11:14 PM
I can't watch.

http://obamadiary.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/sad-cat1.jpg?w=655

I've thouroughly dissected this game enough to know why we lost despite being the better team.

Dzone
06-23-2013, 02:12 AM
http://youtu.be/Rnxi2PY96Ww

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/no1mww0xu37egmf/Divisional%20Playoffs%20Broncos%20Highlights%20vs. %20Ravens%20ft.%20Egypt%20Central.mp4
Freakin awesome! Great job. Thanks! Worth watching. It doesnt show the bad stuff, only the good. Nice. We should have easily won that game.

Dzone
06-23-2013, 02:14 AM
Come on you guys, watch the video. LOL Its Bronco Football! We made some big plays in that game. Ravens win was a fluke.

Simple Jaded
06-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Hardly the first time. One guy who throws very far and very inaccurately is much like another.

Tebow and Flacco? JOE Flacco? #5, starting QB for the WORLD Champion Baltimore Ravens? At this point in time they literally have nothing in common on a football field. Nothing.

Joel
07-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Tebow and Flacco? JOE Flacco? #5, starting QB for the WORLD Champion Baltimore Ravens? At this point in time they literally have nothing in common on a football field. Nothing.
Yeah, Trent Dilfer won a SB with the Ravens, too, or, more to the point, the Ravens won with Dilfer and Flacco. Those two have done more than anyone since Bradshaw and Doug Williams to prove SB champs don't need HoF or even Pro Bowl QBs (though it certainly helps.) No one—even in Baltimore—took Flacco seriously before last February; being in the right place at the right time is no reason that should change.

Flacco throws a long way, and in a league that increasingly consists of heaving it downfield and hoping the right centerfielder runs under it or the refs call defensive PI/illegal contact he can make a living that way, but so can anyone else who throws very far and very inaccurately. He's Ryan Leaf with more work ethic and less addictions, but the same applies to the OTHER NE QB.

As to whether we should've won easily: We needed not one, but TWO TD kick returns (a playoff record) just to stay in it. Our explosive offense blew up on the launchpad, and a second rate QB and green sprinter torched Champ. It was an embarrassment on our homefield and national TV, almost on the order of the '05 AFCCG or '96 Divisional round, by a team we destroyed in THEIR house just a month earlier.

SR
07-22-2013, 06:19 PM
It was a kick and a punt return for TD. Just sayin.

MasterShake
07-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Yeah, Trent Dilfer won a SB with the Ravens, too, or, more to the point, the Ravens won with Dilfer and Flacco. Those two have done more than anyone since Bradshaw and Doug Williams to prove SB champs don't need HoF or even Pro Bowl QBs (though it certainly helps.) No one—even in Baltimore—took Flacco seriously before last February; being in the right place at the right time is no reason that should change.

Flacco throws a long way, and in a league that increasingly consists of heaving it downfield and hoping the right centerfielder runs under it or the refs call defensive PI/illegal contact he can make a living that way, but so can anyone else who throws very far and very inaccurately. He's Ryan Leaf with more work ethic and less addictions, but the same applies to the OTHER NE QB.

As to whether we should've won easily: We needed not one, but TWO TD kick returns (a playoff record) just to stay in it. Our explosive offense blew up on the launchpad, and a second rate QB and green sprinter torched Champ. It was an embarrassment on our homefield and national TV, almost on the order of the '05 AFCCG or '96 Divisional round, by a team we destroyed in THEIR house just a month earlier.

Thats a lot of assumptions. Who is to say those two possessions wouldn't have been TD drives had they not been returned?

Joel
07-23-2013, 11:15 AM
It was a kick and a punt return for TD. Just sayin.
I know, I just referred to them both as "kick returns" for simplicitys sake. The only person who cares about the difference is the guy who kicks it.

Thats a lot of assumptions. Who is to say those two possessions wouldn't have been TD drives had they not been returned?
No, the unwarranted assumption is that a team who only scored on 3/14 possessions (not counting the end of each half) would've scored not one but TWO more TOUCHDOWNS without the return TDs. We KNOW the returns were TDs, so the BEST we could've done from scrimmage was match that—and nearly DOUBLE our offenses ACTUAL production.

Technically, our offense did score more; Mannings first TD pass was to the wrong team, the missed FG at the end of the first half set them up for a 60 yd TD drive, Mannings fumble set them up for a 37 yd TD, and the Int in DOT ended our season. The Ravens actually outscored us 24-21 (and won the game) on OUR possessions, so be careful what you wish for. :tsk:

That game was an embarrassment the TD returns made look much closer than it was. The moment Stabby Hayes announced his retirement I suspected the fix was in, and that game had enough bad calls to convince me, but we played TERRIBLY regardless; '05 AFCCG or '96 Divisional round bad.

Offensively: Our HoF QBs first TD pass was to the wrong team, our star kicker kicked the GROUND on a chip shot FG with 0:40 left in the first half, we averaged 1 yd/play on our last regulation series when a first down would've ended the game, couldn't score AT ALL in the WHOLE fifth quarter and our HoF QBs last pass ended our season.

Defensively: Our HoF CB got torched not once but TWICE for TD bombs from a second rate QB who can't throw anything else, the second one was a Hail Mary with <30 seconds left in the half (i.e. when the D should sell out on a Hail Mary,) Ray Rice ran 30 yds up the gut when Manning fumbled at our 37, and we gave up ANOTHER game-tying Hail Mary TD with half a minute left in the SECOND half.

Special teams was the ONLY Denver team that did its job that day, and thus the only reason we got to OT rather than getting shelled 35-21 like we should have. I still think Flacco winning a shootout with Manning—on the road just a month after we humiliated them in THEIR house—proves the fix was in, but whatever the cause, Flacco DID win a shootout with Manning on the road. Ask anyone who didn't see/hear about that game to match the PR with the QB and I guarantee they'll get it wrong.

If it makes some folks feel better to say, "we wuz robbed," each mans coping mechanism is his own lookout, but I personally think the latest 13-3 Broncos team got overconfident and tried to phone it in just like the last two, with the same humiliating but well deserved result. Hopefully this year goes like the '97 season, not '06.

MasterShake
07-23-2013, 12:02 PM
I know, I just referred to them both as "kick returns" for simplicitys sake. The only person who cares about the difference is the guy who kicks it.

No, the unwarranted assumption is that a team who only scored on 3/14 possessions (not counting the end of each half) would've scored not one but TWO more TOUCHDOWNS without the return TDs. We KNOW the returns were TDs, so the BEST we could've done from scrimmage was match that—and nearly DOUBLE our offenses ACTUAL production.

Technically, our offense did score more; Mannings first TD pass was to the wrong team, the missed FG at the end of the first half set them up for a 60 yd TD drive, Mannings fumble set them up for a 37 yd TD, and the Int in DOT ended our season. The Ravens actually outscored us 24-21 (and won the game) on OUR possessions, so be careful what you wish for. :tsk:

That game was an embarrassment the TD returns made look much closer than it was. The moment Stabby Hayes announced his retirement I suspected the fix was in, and that game had enough bad calls to convince me, but we played TERRIBLY regardless; '05 AFCCG or '96 Divisional round bad.

Offensively: Our HoF QBs first TD pass was to the wrong team, our star kicker kicked the GROUND on a chip shot FG with 0:40 left in the first half, we averaged 1 yd/play on our last regulation series when a first down would've ended the game, couldn't score AT ALL in the WHOLE fifth quarter and our HoF QBs last pass ended our season.

Defensively: Our HoF CB got torched not once but TWICE for TD bombs from a second rate QB who can't throw anything else, the second one was a Hail Mary with <30 seconds left in the half (i.e. when the D should sell out on a Hail Mary,) Ray Rice ran 30 yds up the gut when Manning fumbled at our 37, and we gave up ANOTHER game-tying Hail Mary TD with half a minute left in the SECOND half.

Special teams was the ONLY Denver team that did its job that day, and thus the only reason we got to OT rather than getting shelled 35-21 like we should have. I still think Flacco winning a shootout with Manning—on the road just a month after we humiliated them in THEIR house—proves the fix was in, but whatever the cause, Flacco DID win a shootout with Manning on the road. Ask anyone who didn't see/hear about that game to match the PR with the QB and I guarantee they'll get it wrong.

If it makes some folks feel better to say, "we wuz robbed," each mans coping mechanism is his own lookout, but I personally think the latest 13-3 Broncos team got overconfident and tried to phone it in just like the last two, with the same humiliating but well deserved result. Hopefully this year goes like the '97 season, not '06.

I just find it hard to look at a football game as it relates to, "well if this happened or didn't happened then..." what happened happened. The scoreboard tells the story at the end of the game for better or worse. Just as we can't go back and take away those return TD's (keeping in mind that Holliday and the blockers on special teams earned them) we also can't take back Eric Decker getting clipped/held and the ensuing INT for TD early in the game. Football literally is a game of inches, I think thats why we get caught up in minutae and cause and effect when in reality you have to view the game as a whole. The Ravens made the play they had to when the game was on the line and we did not. Thank god we get another crack at them opening night to hopefully wipe the taste from our mouths.

Joel
07-23-2013, 02:21 PM
I just find it hard to look at a football game as it relates to, "well if this happened or didn't happened then..." what happened happened. The scoreboard tells the story at the end of the game for better or worse. Just as we can't go back and take away those return TD's (keeping in mind that Holliday and the blockers on special teams earned them) we also can't take back Eric Decker getting clipped/held and the ensuing INT for TD early in the game. Football literally is a game of inches, I think thats why we get caught up in minutae and cause and effect when in reality you have to view the game as a whole. The Ravens made the play they had to when the game was on the line and we did not. Thank god we get another crack at them opening night to hopefully wipe the taste from our mouths.
That's just it: What happened happened, and what happened was our offense AND D played horribly, but two special teams TDs kept us in it until OT.

We can never know what might've been, but it comes down to Win Probability, and without those two TD returns we'd have needed a LOT of breaks to go our way on a day Baltimore got most of them, whether because of the refs, our help, their preparation or it just being their day to stun a home team that destroyed them on the road a month earlier. The returns didn't make our offense and D awful, Smith faster than Champ, Manning forget which jerseys were which, Moore underplay a Hail Mary. The box score says our offense scored more points for Baltimore than for us; give them the ball two more times and the game stats say we just lose by as much as our abysmal offensive and defensive play deserved.