Hardwired
06-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Adam Schefter reports we let Willis go.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Nu-uh....really?

OrangeHoof
06-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Not unexpected. We were probably hoping to rework his contract, he said no and so out he goes. Mr. Ball, the stage is yours.

BroncoJoe
06-13-2013, 09:49 AM
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

BroncoJoe
06-13-2013, 09:50 AM
I figured he'd be gone, but didn't think he would be gone this quick. My guess guess is it's a move to help him have an opportunity sign with another team.

underrated29
06-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Yep. We all knew it was going to happen. And of the two sides, cut him after Tc or do it now and show some respect, I'd have proffered after Tc incase someone gets hurt but he deserves a good chance to sign on elsewhere

SR
06-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Yep. We all knew it was going to happen. And of the two sides, cut him after Tc or do it now and show some respect, I'd have proffered after Tc incase someone gets hurt but he deserves a good chance to sign on elsewhere

I think they did him a favor. He'll get on with a team that needs a good veteran presence or that just needs a RB. Cutting him now gives him an opportunity to go through basically an entire off-season with a team.

CoachChaz
06-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Happiest man in Denver...Lance Ball

TXBRONC
06-13-2013, 09:59 AM
It's not a surprise it was either going to be him or Moreno.

SR
06-13-2013, 10:01 AM
It's not a surprise it was either going to be him or Moreno.

Moreno made this year's roster with his performance at the end of last season IMO.

TXBRONC
06-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Happiest man in Denver...Lance Ball

:lol: For now.

Denver still has seven back on the roster and I don't think they'll keep more than five.

SR
06-13-2013, 10:03 AM
:lol: For now.

Denver still has seven back on the roster and I don't think they'll keep more than five.

Montee Ball, Moreno, Hillman, Hester, Lance Ball IMO

UnderArmour
06-13-2013, 10:05 AM
He won't be out of work long. He's injury and fumble-prone, but he can still make plays. The Chargers have McClain, Woodhead, and Matthews but it wouldn't be a surprise if our old OC grabbed him. Ravens have virtually no depth behind Ray Rice either, so they might take him back.

As far as his career here goes, he was great to have but he cannot thrive as a #1 back. He needs to be behind a younger player and split carries. Moreno and him had the same style so a RBBC wasn't going to work. The injuries and fumbles were a hindrance to the team but his 2011 running was huge in rebuilding this franchise.

BroncoJoe
06-13-2013, 10:08 AM
"It's never easy to part ways with a veteran player who made so many positive contributions to our team and community," Broncos Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway said. "I appreciate all of the competitiveness, toughness and leadership Willis brought to the Broncos. He was an integral part of our team’s turnaround during the past two seasons, and I wish him the best as he continues his NFL career."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211859/article/willis-mcgahee-released-by-denver-broncos

CoachChaz
06-13-2013, 10:09 AM

Yep. Sad as it may be...I dont see Johnson or Anderson leap-frogging LBall. I'd like to see Anderson get the spot because I like his game, but I dont think it happens

Northman
06-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Not too surprising at this stage. Injuries, fumbllng issues, money, and age played into it all.

Rick
06-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Classy to do it this way.

Good luck Willis.

I suppose it is possible we keep 5 guys, but I do not see the reason for more than 4 in this offense.

Montee, Moreno, Hillman and Hester.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2013, 10:28 AM
My first thought - SD or Oakland

topscribe
06-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Best wishes to Willis McGahee - a class act. I have been a fan of yours.

Montee Ball must look like a first-year starter to the Broncos . . .

topscribe
06-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Classy to do it this way.

Good luck Willis.

I suppose it is possible we keep 5 guys, but I do not see the reason for more than 4 in this offense.

Montee, Moreno, Hillman and Hester.
I personally look for them to list Hester as a FB and keep 4 RBs. I think Lance
Ball sticks because he is a good ST player. IMHO.

TXBRONC
06-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Yep. Sad as it may be...I dont see Johnson or Anderson leap-frogging LBall. I'd like to see Anderson get the spot because I like his game, but I dont think it happens

Anderson might be destined for the practice squad.

Ravage!!!
06-13-2013, 10:47 AM
This goes against BTB's theory that it doesn't make sense to release RBs at this point. Has someone consulted BTB on this move yet?

CoachChaz
06-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Anderson might be destined for the practice squad.

Most likely. Let him fine tune a few things there, then put him on the roster. but I think the kid can do some good things. If given a chance, he could be our UDFA stud this year.

Rick
06-13-2013, 10:50 AM
I personally look for them to list Hester as a FB and keep 4 RBs. I think Lance
Ball sticks because he is a good ST player. IMHO.

Certainly possible, with Hesters ability to do both though might make ball expendable.

They are already keeping Holliday who besides a gimmick here and there, will really only be a ST guy, so that is an extra WR slot, might have to cut a spot down elsewhere.

We don't really know how well Moreno does at ST, since he is in no way coming in as the "guy" anymore he just may need to play it or hit the road, in which case lance may stick over Moreno.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

McGahee also learned the read-option ON THE FLY. Never ran that offense before. He became a force in that offense. Smart player.

McGahee struggled with fumbles at times last season. But what he did the previous season against a 9-man box, tremendous.

.@julianperez22 So when you see Hester in the backfield, you predicting a run or a pass? If we can see it, defense can see it.

RT @That_Shit_Kraig: You worried that our RBs are too small? Especially with all the blocking they need to do this season--->>>YES

RT @garciampa: why McGahee instead of Moreno, who hasn't done much?---->>moreno may not be long for this team. coming off injury

I dont think this was a message sent for missing OTA's. Didn't help, but it wasn't the primary reason. Bell and HIllman were the reasons.

Two reasons why the Broncos let McGahee go now: 1) They're happy with Ball and Hillman 2) Allows him to catch on elsewhere

At least this gives McGahee a chance to catch on with another team.

They drafted a RB two years in a row. Willis saw this coming. Broncos did good by him by letting him go now, before t-camp.

UnderArmour
06-13-2013, 10:54 AM
This goes against BTB's theory that it doesn't make sense to release RBs at this point. Has someone consulted BTB on this move yet?

It does not make sense from a strategic standpoint. However, with the McDaniels days a distant memory, the Broncos are again a first class organization that treats players with respect. Rather than keep a player on the roster through training camp at a $2.5 million salary he was never going to earn, the Broncos cut him early so he could find another team. And if there is an injury, we could easily sign a Michael Turner or Cedric Benson at the veteran minimum to fill McGahee's spot.

Ravage!!!
06-13-2013, 11:08 AM
It does not make sense from a strategic standpoint. However, with the McDaniels days a distant memory, the Broncos are again a first class organization that treats players with respect. Rather than keep a player on the roster through training camp at a $2.5 million salary he was never going to earn, the Broncos cut him early so he could find another team. And if there is an injury, we could easily sign a Michael Turner or Cedric Benson at the veteran minimum to fill McGahee's spot.

So, then from a strategic standpoint it DOES make sense. I don't think the Broncos would do something that wasn't best for the Broncos, first.

Northman
06-13-2013, 11:10 AM

Bwhwhahahahaahhahaaa, oh shit.

Northman
06-13-2013, 11:14 AM
RT @garciampa: why McGahee instead of Moreno, who hasn't done much?---->>moreno may not be long for this team. coming off injury

Interesting tweet.

LTC Pain
06-13-2013, 11:33 AM

Roster - Montee Ball, Moreno, Hillman, Hester, CJ Andersen

Eject - L. Ball and Johnson

PS - ??????

Dapper Dan
06-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Now I wonder who will be number 23.

BroncoWave
06-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Seems a bit early cut him, but if they already knew they were going in a different direction, it's probably a favor to him so he can catch on somewhere else before camp starts. I wish him luck wherever he goes, he was a good back for us and seems like a really good guy.

BroncoWave
06-13-2013, 12:04 PM
I figured he'd be gone, but didn't think he would be gone this quick. My guess guess is it's a move to help him have an opportunity sign with another team.

Should have read this before making my post!

BroncoWave
06-13-2013, 12:10 PM

From the Broncos standpoint I would rather us have kept him through camp, but from Willis' perspective it seems like they were doing him a favor.

Also, at the point people wanted Moreno released, we hadn't even had a single practice yet. After a week or two of mini camps it seemed obvious that McGahee's future wasn't here.

As a general rule, I don't think it makes much sense to cut a player at this point in the offseason, but looking at the facts in McGahee's case it seems to make a little more sense with him.

Believe it or not, I'm not one of those people who is completely inflexible in my opinions. I'm actually capable of looking at things on a case-by-case basis.

Traveler
06-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Though not unexpected, I really hate to see him go. Willis is/was a class act. Guess PM wasn't joking when he stated the team wasn't going to bring Ball along slowly.

Barring an injury, the RB position will probably shake out as follows:

Montee Ball
Ronnie Hillman
Knowshon Moreno
Jacob Hester- fills the big back role
Lance Ball

Zweems56
06-13-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm okay with this. I always suspected that he was part of our Josina Anderson rat group.

McGahee spoke with Josina Anderson of ESPN after getting released on Thursday and said that he “knew it was going to happen” because the Broncos are looking to get younger in the backfield. McGahee also said he has no physical restrictions after last year’s season-ending knee injury when discussing his desire to sign on with another team for the 2013 season.

Ravage!!!
06-13-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm okay with this. I always suspected that he was part of our Josina Anderson rat group.

:confused: What?

weazel
06-13-2013, 12:31 PM

puke

slim
06-13-2013, 12:32 PM
puke

You might want to make peace with it....it's probably going to happen.

jhildebrand
06-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Our only reliable goalline back is gone. I hope that means they like Montae Ball and KNOW what they are seeing in him in OTA's.

Ravage!!!
06-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Our only reliable goalline back is gone. I hope that means they like Montae Ball and KNOW what they are seeing in him in OTA's.

Nah.. I think the Broncos are just taking a guess.

I think more than anything else, they KNOW what they have in McGahee enough to let him go at this point.

Montee wasn't drafted to be a role playing RB. He was drafted to take over the starting spot.

jhildebrand
06-13-2013, 12:49 PM

I think more than anything else, they KNOW what they have in McGahee enough to let him go at this point.

Montee wasn't drafted to be a role playing RB. He was drafted to take over the starting spot.

I agree that Ball was drafted to take over the spot. I would rather it have been after competition than handing it to him. Not that McGahee would spill all his tips and tricks but Ball stood to gain the most having him on the roster. But hey, they handed it to Clady and it worked out fine. They handed it to Cutler when he was here, that was going fine. I guess it is a different NFL.

Chef Zambini
06-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Moreno made this year's roster with his performance at the end of last season IMO.that and he was also alot CHEAPER, moreno had an econo,ic advantage over willy-mac.
We all wish him well, as long as he does not sign with the AFC WEST !
there are a magnificent 7 of RBs currently on the streets with resumes in hand.
if we do have a TC injury a guy like michael turner could be available !
now dont go balistic...
MT is just one example, I am not starting a campaign.

This move not only gives Wmc G a better chance at landing with a team, it also says alot about the guys still in the mix.
Lance aint out of the woods yet.

Zweems56
06-13-2013, 12:55 PM
:confused: What?

The Josina Anderson rat group. You don't remember the inside gossip stories that Josina used to throw out every week from "unnamed player(s)," when she worked for Fox, before she got her job at ESPN? It was gossipy bullshit, and McGahee was one of them. DJ Williams was another.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2013, 12:59 PM
from article:

“It’s never easy to part ways with a veteran player who made so many positive contributions to our team and community,” Broncos Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway said. “I appreciate all of the competitiveness, toughness and leadership Willis brought to the Broncos. He was an integral part of our team’s turnaround during the past two seasons, and I wish him the best as he continues his NFL career.”

The club now has seven backs on the roster -- C.J. Anderson, Lance Ball, Montee Ball, Jacob Hester, Ronnie Hillman, Jeremiah Johnson and Knowshon Moreno.

“You look at our running back situation and we’re in a good position there because we’ve got a lot guys that can play football," Elway told fans last week at a sponsor appreciation event for 850 KOA. "We’ve got a lot of guys that are going to be good football players for us and possibly great."

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Release-Willis-McGahee/9cdcc254-4570-46ea-a517-06e609345bb3

Rick
06-13-2013, 01:02 PM
I suppose SD could be a destination because of his former OC being there, but I am betting on Oakland.

Oakland could use another productive pounder to back up McFaddin, especially since McFaddin hasn't been all that durable either.

broncofaninfla
06-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Willis would get the yards, first downs and TD's BUT the $2.5 million dollar contract, injuries and fumbles it just makes sense to go with Ball and get him up to speed on pass protection. I wish Willis the best but i won't miss the fumbles.

Buff
06-13-2013, 01:06 PM
I feel like McGahee was under-appreciated the entire time he was here. He wasn't flashy, but he was such a tough and instinctual runner. In the end his age, salary and injuries did him in more than a lack of production. I think he'll go somewhere and be effective this year.

Moreno still sucks.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2013, 01:13 PM
The Denver Broncos released running back Willis McGahee, the team's starter the past two seasons, from their crowded backfield on Thursday.

"I knew it was going to happen. It is what it is. They are going younger," McGahee told ESPN's Josina Anderson.

Second-year pro Ronnie Hillman and rookie Montee Ball have been getting most of the work out of the backfield for the Broncos this offseason.

rest - plus video - Schefter talking about McGahee's release

Chef Zambini
06-13-2013, 01:13 PM
I suppose SD could be a destination because of his former OC being there, but I am betting on Oakland.

Oakland could use another productive pounder to back up McFaddin, especially since McFaddin hasn't been all that durable either.willy mac has "network" with both afc adversaries, but his agent hasd a greater web, and right now there at least a half dozen, also vetyeran, quality backs on the market.
I hope his injury recovery will allow him to audition for a new job, hopefully NOT in the afc west.

Chef Zambini
06-13-2013, 01:16 PM

I like to focus on the positive aspect:
It does indicate alot of confidence in Mo-ball and those who will compliment the position.

weazel
06-13-2013, 01:19 PM
I feel like McGahee was under-appreciated the entire time he was here. He wasn't flashy, but he was such a tough and instinctual runner. In the end his age, salary and injuries did him in more than a lack of production. I think he'll go somewhere and be effective this year.

Moreno still sucks.

my thoughts exactly

Chef Zambini
06-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Now I wonder who will be number 23.

what #is mo-ball?
did he take 38?

Dapper Dan
06-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Yeah. Ball has Anderson's old number. I figure a db will get 23

Rick
06-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Between the 2 numbers, I hope Ball keeps the Marines number.

dogfish
06-13-2013, 01:41 PM

ball was one of the most prolific TD producers in NCAA history. . .

plus we brought in road-grader luis vasquez at guard, and brought back alex gibbs. . . we should be fine. . .

Chef Zambini
06-13-2013, 01:52 PM

plus we brought in road-grader luis vasquez at guard, and brought back alex gibbs. . . we should be fine. . .thanks for making me smile !

BORDERLINE
06-13-2013, 02:32 PM
What a great singing he was. At the time I did not like it but wow did he perform like a start. Wish him the best

TXBRONC
06-13-2013, 03:03 PM

Now, now Rav you're twisting his words again. :lol:

Dapper Dan
06-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Between the 2 numbers, I hope Ball keeps the Marines number.

Marines? Wasn't Anderson in the Navy?

Northman
06-13-2013, 03:06 PM

plus we brought in road-grader luis vasquez at guard, and brought back alex gibbs. . . we should be fine. . .

Totally agree.

Rick
06-13-2013, 03:13 PM

Marines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Anderson_(running_back)

TXBRONC
06-13-2013, 03:15 PM

Good grief we still have seven running backs on the roster to say it strategic is a stretch. Apparently Elway didn't see it that way. I bet you're going to try and tells us it was just Elway being a good guy. If this were a strategic mistake which it isn't by country mile Elway isn't going screw the team over just be a nice guy.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Veteran running backs coming off serious injuries usually get released, even if they have a big name. That's why the release of Willis McGahee by the Denver Broncos on Thursday was not a shock.

But unlike most veteran backs, we believe McGahee should find work before the season. Here are some logical landing spots:

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211902/article/where-will-willis-mcgahee-go-after-release-by-broncos

BroncoNut
06-13-2013, 03:51 PM
thanks for your time Willis. I always liked him.

BroncoNut
06-13-2013, 03:52 PM

mike anderson was a marine, but he's not in the league anymore. he was with denver 6-8years ago I think.

Dapper Dan
06-13-2013, 04:05 PM
I was just going from memory. I remembered he did the mile high salute a lot because he was former military. For some reason I thought it was Navy. Probably because he doesn't seem like a douche. :behindsofa: :D

Rick
06-13-2013, 04:15 PM
I understand the release of Willis, and I understand we still have some depth issues at LBer, but it still seems odd to me we would cut a productive guy at 2.5 and still have an unproductive guy at LBer at 4.

topscribe
06-13-2013, 04:25 PM
I understand the release of Willis, and I understand we still have some depth issues at LBer, but it still seems odd to me we would cut a productive guy at 2.5 and still have an unproductive guy at LBer at 4.
I wouldn't be surprised that Joe is next. But they need to cut him healthy for
financial reasons. At least, that's the way it might appear to me . . .

topscribe
06-13-2013, 04:27 PM
mike anderson was a marine, but he's not in the league anymore. he was with denver 6-8years ago I think.
No longer a Bronco, but still a Marine . . . :)

BroncoWave
Now, now Rav you're twisting his words again. :lol:

Read my response to this post. I'm not denying I said that because for once, you or rav actually quoted me correctly. Perhaps you should take notes.

And as I said, I do think this is a bit early to cut him, but I understand why they did it. It's a little more obvious with him than with a guy like Moreno that his days here are numbered. I don't have much of a problem with them letting him go now so that he can find a new team to sign on with during camp.

I, myself, probably wouldn't have cut him this early, but this is a rare situation in which I don't think it's a very bad idea.

Bosco

If Fannin gets healthy I think he'll take Ball's spot.

dogfish
06-13-2013, 04:32 PM
thanks for making me smile !

i got your back, chef. . .

:doh:

Buff
06-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Would be shocked if McGahee doesn't end up as a Charger. Makes too much sense.

Rick
06-13-2013, 04:38 PM

Every year I keep looking for this kid to explode.

I figure a guy that big and fast, has to be a stud...and every year I just don't see what I keep hoping for.

Maybe this year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-13-2013, 04:42 PM

I think Fannin got released a few weeks ago.

Rick
06-13-2013, 04:42 PM
I think Fannin got released a few weeks ago.

Ya I was about to post that, I just read this :(

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/05/22/broncos-waive-rb-fannin/19898/

MOtorboat
06-13-2013, 04:46 PM

He only had four touchdowns last season. Moreno had the same number. All eight of those touchdowns were inside 7 yards. Hester added two more goal line touchdowns.

And Montee Ball scored 77 touchdowns (73 in his final three years and 55 in his final two) in four years in Wisconsin (that's also tops all time for the NCAA). I think he knows a thing or two about the goal line.

Edit: I see Dog beat me to this one.

ShaneFalco
06-13-2013, 04:48 PM
GL willis. Hard for a back at 30+

Wat happened to Xavier Omon?

TXBRONC
06-13-2013, 05:37 PM

What was your comment about factual accuracy? Fannin was let go weeks ago.

LTC Pain
06-13-2013, 06:54 PM
GL willis. Hard for a back at 30+

Wat happened to Xavier Omon?

49ers PS, I think.

cmc0605
06-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Will miss Willis, but the move isn't surprising. He's old and banged up....Moreno performed just as well once he got his shot, and Montee Ball is probably the future. Great duo IMO. Hillman in the wings too, he had his moments, and might grow into a solid #2...

broncohead
06-13-2013, 08:54 PM
McG was a solid RB for us but i think his production will be replaced by Ball. Also Ball is 5'10 215. Thats pretty stout. A RB doesn't have to be 230+ to be a power back or goalline back

Tned
06-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Moreno made this year's roster with his performance at the end of last season IMO.

My thoughts as well. The way Moreno played at the end of last year showed he's matured and can play a role. Looked nothing like the guy that for several years has been tripping over the line of scrimmage as if it was a 10' wall he was trying to hurdle.

Army Bronco
06-13-2013, 09:42 PM

My thoughts as well. The way Moreno played at the end of last year showed he's matured and can play a role. Looked nothing like the guy that for several years has been tripping over the line of scrimmage as if it was a 10' wall he was trying to hurdle. If only he could stay healthy he could be a beast like he was towards the end last year.

Simple Jaded
06-14-2013, 12:42 AM
Wait, wait wait. I thought teams are stupid to cut a player this time of the year? Or maybe that only applies if you like the player in question?

underrated29
06-14-2013, 12:50 AM
If only he could stay healthy he could be a beast like he was towards the end last year.

My thoughts as well. The way Moreno played at the end of last year showed he's matured and can play a role. Looked nothing like the guy that for several years has been tripping over the line of scrimmage as if it was a 10' wall he was trying to hurdle.

Whoa whoa whoa, lets. It get carried away here fellas. I've only been saying this for a few years.

(He will be forgotten quickly with money ball here tho)

Simple Jaded
06-14-2013, 12:50 AM
Yeah. Ball has Anderson's old number. I figure a db will get 23

DRC wore #23 in Phili, he might wanna leave it there.

Simple Jaded
06-14-2013, 12:54 AM
Roster - Montee Ball, Moreno, Hillman, Hester, CJ Andersen

Eject - L. Ball and Johnson

PS - ??????

Anderson is the only RB they have with PS eligibility.

BroncoWave
06-14-2013, 01:12 AM
Wait, wait wait. I thought teams are stupid to cut a player this time of the year? Or maybe that only applies if you like the player in question?

I like Moreno and McGahee. I like every Bronco. Like I said, I would not have cut Willis this soon, but I can see why Denver did it. It's clear he doesn't have much of a future here and this gives him a chance to sign on with another team before camp starts.

I still say it would not make since to cut Moreno now as he is younger and really started to turn a corner last season. That, and he is now our most experienced RB.

Dapper Dan
06-14-2013, 08:16 AM

Obsession.

BroncoWave
06-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Obsession.

It is funny how obsessed some members of this board are with what people have posted in the past. And apparently I'm supposed to apply the same rigid logic to every single situation. Anyone who judges matters on a case-by-case basis is just a hypocrite. I feel like some members on this board keep a diary of posts made by others that they can reference to make sure that people follow the exact same line of logic in every single post.

TXBRONC
06-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Some poster are flat out hypocrits and they bitch and complain about other posters.

rationalfan
06-14-2013, 09:44 AM
end the speculation, this is why mcgahee was released at this time. as usual, it's more about money than anything else:

Had the Broncos released McGahee before he showed he was healthy, he may have been entitled to a $500,000 injury protection benefit. His release also means the Broncos won't pay the $2.5 million salary he was due this season.

Read more: Willis McGahee gone, but Broncos still like their stable of tailbacks - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23456961/willis-mcgahee-gone-but-broncos-still-like-their#ixzz2WCa2ePKT
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

TXBRONC
06-14-2013, 10:06 AM
end the speculation, this is why mcgahee was released at this time. as usual, it's more about money than anything else:

Had the Broncos released McGahee before he showed he was healthy, he may have been entitled to a $500,000 injury protection benefit. His release also means the Broncos won't pay the $2.5 million salary he was due this season.

Read more: Willis McGahee gone, but Broncos still like their stable of tailbacks - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23456961/willis-mcgahee-gone-but-broncos-still-like-their#ixzz2WCa2ePKT
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

The salary in and of itself isn't the problem it's where they think he'll end up in the pecking order.

That's an affordable salary for a tailback who gained 1,199 yards for the Broncos in 2011 and was on his way to another 1,000-yard season before suffering a knee injury last season. But it's a prohibitive cost for a No. 3 or No. 4 back.

Read more: Willis McGahee gone, but Broncos still like their stable of tailbacks - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23456961/willis-mcgahee-gone-but-broncos-still-like-their#ixzz2WCehbY6D
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter/Denver Post on Facebook

GEM
06-14-2013, 10:10 AM
It is funny how obsessed some members of this board are with what people have posted in the past. And apparently I'm supposed to apply the same rigid logic to every single situation. Anyone who judges matters on a case-by-case basis is just a hypocrite. I feel like some members on this board keep a diary of posts made by others that they can reference to make sure that people follow the exact same line of logic in every single post.

Weren't you just all over Mo about Tebow not making an NFL team? :lol:

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Marines? Wasn't Anderson in the Navy?the marines are part of the navy.

BroncoJoe
06-14-2013, 10:20 AM
the marines are part of the navy.

No, they're not.

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 10:23 AM
No, they're not.

yes they are. they are a department of the Navy

Dreadnought
06-14-2013, 10:28 AM

Or as some Marines put it, They are the men's department of the Navy

Ravage!!!
06-14-2013, 10:41 AM

Wait wait.. hold on. Aren't YOU one of the posters asking that people "eat crow" because of things they have posted??

This has got to be one of the most hypocritical posts you've made, and that is saying a LOT!

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 10:47 AM

never heard that, but I can see that.

sorry about saying you would look good with a bullet in the head. seriously, that's pretty effed up thing to say. not funny at all, even though I didnt' mean it. . I won't delete the post though as a reminder of my demons

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 11:21 AM
No, they're not.
typical joe, typical!
go hide behind gems skirt !

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Weren't you just all over Mo about Tebow not making an NFL team? :lol:stay on topic, TIA !
gem, regarding TT;
would you say that every player currently at broncos camp, "made the team"
no, no you would not, unless you are stoopid. so we cant exactly say that TT has a made the team either!
get back to us gem when the pats announce their final cuts !

now back to our regularly schedules arguement over a tangent!
... and yet another deteriorated thread victim of personal attacks and petty feuds!

CoachChaz
06-14-2013, 11:28 AM

I was just about to post that.

Northman
06-14-2013, 11:40 AM

Can you say ownage? I can.

Northman
06-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Wait wait.. hold on. Aren't YOU one of the posters asking that people "eat crow" because of things they have posted??

This has got to be one of the most hypocritical posts you've made, and that is saying a LOT!

At this point Rav are you REALLY surprised by that post? Im just waiting for BTB to start playing the victim card and everything will be complete in this thread. :lol:

Northman
06-14-2013, 11:43 AM
stay on topic, TIA !
gem, regarding TT;
no, no you would not, unless you are stoopid. so we cant exactly say that TT has a made the team either!

... and yet another deteriorated thread victim of personal attacks and petty feuds!

Bye Zam. Enjoy the vaca. :elefant:

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 11:57 AM
for what?
responding to gem like every other poster?
my bad, forgot that mods are sacred !

Northman
06-14-2013, 11:59 AM
for what?
responding to gem like every other poster?
my bad, forgot that mods are sacred !

So what will you do while your on vacation for a month? Got some good recipes you can tell me about before you go?

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Can you say ownage? I can.

can you say kssing a skirts ass every chance you get? I can

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 12:02 PM
north, would you say that TT "made the team' ?
no, you would not!
he is being given an opportunity, unlike jmarcus russel.
but come september, both will be on the overpass holding up a cardboard resume.
the pats will squeeze every drop of in fo about the JETS out of TT and then they will send him packing, because the dude aint no NFL QB, and he refuses to play any other position.

BroncoWave
06-14-2013, 12:04 PM

Nope. I said "many posters said tebow would never be on an nfl team". I never called anyone out by name. Mo, for some reason, assumed I was talking about him and got offended.

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 12:05 PM
ban Gem

BroncoWave
06-14-2013, 12:06 PM
At this point Rav are you REALLY surprised by that post? Im just waiting for BTB to start playing the victim card and everything will be complete in this thread. :lol:

Are you and Rav capable of posting in a thread that I am in and not making me the topic?

BroncoWave
06-14-2013, 12:08 PM
This is my post in the Tebow thread that people have their panties in a wad about.

There were multiple people on this board who said an NFL team wouldn't even sign him. I haven't seen a single one admit they were wrong.

If you'll notice, I didn't accuse any particular poster of saying anything. This is just a general, factual comment.

This is not the same thing as targeting a specific poster (like TX, North, and Rav enjoy doing) and making things up about their posting history.

You can call it hypocrisy until you are blue in the face, but that doesn't make you any less wrong.

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 12:11 PM
This is my post in the Tebow thread that people have their panties in a wad about.

If you'll notice, I didn't accuse any particular poster of saying anything. This is just a general, factual comment.

This is not the same thing as targeting a specific poster (like TX, North, and Rav enjoy doing) and making things up about their posting history.

You can call it hypocrisy until you are blue in the face, but that doesn't make you any less wrong.

they jumped all over you for that? if so, that is not right imo. I didn't think he'd be signed on as a qb. no chance. I'll admit it. but then again I am a man

Rick
06-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Is McGahee still on the team?

I got lost and confused with all the pissing contests.

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Is McGahee still on the team?

I got lost and confused with all the pissing contests.

apparently just cut

Northman
06-14-2013, 12:27 PM
can you say kssing a skirts ass every chance you get? I can

Go play with your dildo collection.

Northman
06-14-2013, 12:28 PM
but come september, both will be on the overpass holding up a cardboard resume.

I would actually pay to see that. I hope Tebow's brother is right next too him holding it. :lol:

Northman
06-14-2013, 12:29 PM

Told you it wouldnt take long for you to play victim. :lol:

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 12:34 PM

why???? why everyone hate BTB so much? I don't get it!!!!!!! am I stupid?

Northman
06-14-2013, 12:36 PM

I really cant answer that here. It would be wrong to call it like it is with him. lol

Your certainly not stupid.

BroncoJoe
06-14-2013, 12:44 PM

The U.S. Marine Corps is not a branch of the U.S. Navy - it is a separate service branch within the Department of the Navy, the civilian branch of the Department of Defense tasked with overseeing the Navy and Marine Corps. Since the two separate forces typically utilize each other's resources, they are managed by one department, but are completely separate branches.

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 12:50 PM
The U.S. Marine Corps is not a branch of the U.S. Navy - it is a separate service branch within the Department of the Navy,
poor pathetic joe.
are the RANGERS their own seperate branch of the military too?
AVIATORS?
not part of the navy either?
watch out for the crocodiles joe.

BroncoJoe
06-14-2013, 12:53 PM
The U.S. Marine Corps is not a branch of the U.S. Navy - it is a separate service branch within the Department of the Navy,
poor pathetic joe.
are the RANGERS their own seperate branch of the military too?
AVIATORS?
not part of the navy either?
watch out for the crocodiles joe.

Keep reading, dumbass. The Department of the Navy is a civilian oversight division within the government. The two branches are separate entities. Saying the Marines are part of the Navy is incorrect and (as usual) misleading.

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 12:57 PM
3 branches of the military:
army
navy
air force.
so marines are civilians?
step away from the cliff joe.

BroncoJoe
06-14-2013, 12:59 PM
army
navy
air force.

Sorry - you're far to stupid to have this discussion go any further.

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Keep reading, dumbass. The Department of the Navy is a civilian oversight division within the government. The two branches are separate entities. Saying the Marines are part of the Navy is incorrect and (as usual) misleading.

Joe, with all due respect (which isn't much) just kidding. YOu are absolutely incorrect.

Zweems56
06-14-2013, 01:01 PM
army
navy
air force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Armed_Forces

Branches of the military:
United States Army
United States Marine Corps
United States Navy
United States Air Force
United States Coast Guard

Also:
The U.S. Military consists of five active-duty Services and their respective Guard and Reserve units. All branches are equal parts of the United States Uniformed Services, headed by the president as commander in chief. The Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force fall under the jurisdiction of the Department of Defense (DoD). The Coast Guard reports to the Department of Homeland Security during peacetime and to the DoD (by way of the Navy) during wartime.

BroncoJoe
06-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Joe, with all due respect (which isn't much) just kidding. YOu are absolutely incorrect.

You're a smart man nut, in a Forest Gump kind of way.

Zweems56
06-14-2013, 01:09 PM

He's not incorrect. Marines and Navy are party of the Department of the Navy.

The United States Navy is a separate entity that is part of the Department of the Navy

The Department of the Navy comprises two uniformed services: the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-14-2013, 01:15 PM
It's very simple. The Marines need the Navy to get where they're going. :D

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 01:17 PM
He's not incorrect. Marines and Navy are party of the Department of the Navy.

The United States Navy is a separate entity that is part of the Department of the Navy

The Department of the Navy comprises two uniformed services: the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps

I spose he is not incorrect. I just need to care enough to sift through all this boring stuff and draw my own concusion on it.

Zweems56
In other news, how the **** did we get HERE?

TXBRONC

You think just because put specific name in that people don't get who you're talking about. No those who called you are correct. It's not just calling it hypocrisy it is hypocrisy.

Everytime you get called on the carpet you complain about your words being twisted or people are lying and so forth.

Rav and I are correct you did say McGahee and Moreno are similar backs and that is why he was deactivated. That's not only a dumb it was inaccurate. Go rifle through your own shit if want to prove me wrong.

BroncoNut
It's very simple. The Marines need the Navy to get where they're going. :D

and the navy needs the marines for the time spent at sea

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-14-2013, 01:19 PM
and the navy needs the marines for the time spent at sea

Woah.....

Rick
06-14-2013, 01:24 PM

I made the mistake of mentioning Montee should keep the Marines number. It kind of went downhill from there.

Northman
06-14-2013, 01:35 PM

By aircraft carrier.

MOtorboat
06-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Nope. I said "many posters said tebow would never be on an nfl team". I never called anyone out by name. Mo, for some reason, assumed I was talking about him and got offended.

Actually, you specifically called me out in that thread. Now, I know you're going to do your little song and semantics dance about how the two weren't connected, but I'm not stupid, and apparently others here aren't either.

And so you can't do the "prove it" bullshit, here's the post.

Mo has been conspicuously absent from this thread.

I should have reported you for baiting. But I didn't. Silly Mo.

BroncoWave
06-14-2013, 02:06 PM

I posted a fact. I'm sorry you don't know what that is. Does it just suck being wrong all the time?

BroncoWave
06-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Actually, you specifically called me out in that thread. Now, I know you're going to do your little song and semantics dance about how the two weren't connected, but I'm not stupid, and apparently others here aren't either.

And so you can't do the "prove it" bullshit, here's the post.

I should have reported you for baiting. But I didn't. Silly Mo.

You can stick to your assumptions. I will stick to facts.

BroncoWave
06-14-2013, 02:08 PM

People don't like to hear the truth when it differs from their view of reality. It's easier to just attack someone than to admit that you're wrong.

BroncoWave
06-14-2013, 02:09 PM
they jumped all over you for that? if so, that is not right imo. I didn't think he'd be signed on as a qb. no chance. I'll admit it. but then again I am a man

You are indeed a man, nut. If more posters were like you we wouldn't have issues like this.

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Go play with your dildo collection.

wtf? sounds like one is up your ass anyway

BroncoWave
06-14-2013, 02:11 PM

There constantly seems to be a dildo up North's ass.

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 02:13 PM
You are indeed a man, nut. If more posters were like you we wouldn't have issues like this.

no kidding. I have to admit that I do like to stir the shit from time to time. I know there is a main group, clicque, pack, whatever you want to call it, that sets the social code, and that's fine, but I jsut will not follow it. to me that would be like surrendering my character. sounds like you are the same way BTB. you're probably being attacked because you will not abandon your own way to thinking and your opinions just to meet someone else's ideals.

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 02:15 PM
People don't like to hear the truth when it differs from their view of reality. It's easier to just attack someone than to admit that you're wrong.

I don't know what it is. I really don't get it. I've been attacked, not sure why, but I think some people regard me as a threat to something. or have anyway. most people don't really like me. I must give off some kind of vibe.

BroncoWave
06-14-2013, 02:16 PM
no kidding. I have to admit that I do like to stir the shit from time to time. I know there is a main group, clicque, pack, whatever you want to call it, that sets the social code, and that's fine, but I jsut will not follow it. to me that would be like surrendering my character. sounds like you are the same way BTB. you're probably being attacked because you will not abandon your own way to thinking and your opinions just to meet someone else's ideals.

Could not have said it better myself. I'm more interested in speaking the truth and sticking to my guns than conforming to a social code. When people can't stop following you around and attacking you though, it means you are doing something right. Haters gonna hate.

BroncoJoe
06-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Shut up, nut.

BroncoWave
06-14-2013, 02:17 PM
I don't know what it is. I really don't get it. I've been attacked, not sure why, but I think some people regard me as a threat to something. or have anyway. most people don't really like me. I must give off some kind of vibe.

I don't know. It's ok though. I'd rather speak my mind and be disliked than conform to the hivemind and be liked.

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 02:18 PM

I've hung out with North and he's a great guy. smart man. easy going. but he does at times behave as if there is some type of cyclindrical polycarbon device inserted into, hate to say it, but rectum

Ravage!!!
06-14-2013, 02:20 PM

This made me puke in my mouth a little bit.

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 02:22 PM
I don't know. It's ok though. I'd rather speak my mind and be disliked than conform to the hivemind and be liked.

totally. being "liked" is often bullshit anyway.

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 02:24 PM
This made me puke in my mouth a little bit.

are you antiBTB? or is it me? I guess which part of the post if you care to answer

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Shut up, nut.

I don't believe what I am saying here is harmful to anyone Joe. I just fail to hate BTB and I suspect he might be a maverick like myself.

BroncoJoe
06-14-2013, 02:26 PM
I don't believe what I am saying here is harmful to anyone Joe. I just fail to hate BTB and I suspect he might be a maverick like myself.

You just want to get in his pants.

Mike
06-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Ok, that is enough. Let it drop and discuss the topic or the thread gets locked.

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 02:31 PM
You just want to get in his pants.

you know, I haven't even really thought of it that way Joe. Maybe, just maybe I have some identification with what he is putting up with from some of you clones and I don't see where it is warranted. I may not be the most popular poster on the site. and I suspect there's some nut bashing going on at times, but I dont' care. you guys need me here to keept the herd strong and egos in check

Slick
06-14-2013, 02:34 PM
I think I love you, nut.

BroncoJoe
06-14-2013, 02:35 PM
you know, I haven't even really thought of it that way Joe. Maybe, just maybe I have some identification with what he is putting up with from some of you clones and I don't see where it is warranted. I may not be the most popular poster on the site. and I suspect there's some nut bashing going on at times, but I dont' care. you guys need me here to keept the herd strong and egos in check

I think this needs further discussion. Please create a thread in the lounge so we can abide by Mike's request.

GEM
06-14-2013, 02:59 PM
stay on topic, TIA !
gem, regarding TT;

What the flying **** are you going off on now? I wasn't saying he would or wouldn't either ******* way. Reading comprehension...ahh helll.....ability to read at all....learn it.

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 05:16 PM
I don't know what it is. I really don't get it. I've been attacked, not sure why, but I think some people regard me as a threat to something. or have anyway. most people don't really like me. I must give off some kind of vibe.your Ok in my book! you can disagree with me without having to get personnal ,derrogatory, or added drama.
what is dissapointing is when a worthwhile discussion goes to hell becvause a handful of poster have to get ugly and attack those members who are not part of their clique, REGARDLESS of what they have posted !
I f I posted the sky is blue, guys like jow would be compelled to post a derrogatory contradiction .
so pathetic and childish, but I guess the mods think thats what football forums should be all about.
they do a good job of making intelligent people like JOEL feel unwelcome !
\ most unfortunate.

BroncoJoe
06-14-2013, 05:18 PM
your Ok in my book! you can disagree with me without having to get personnal ,derrogatory, or added drama.
what is dissapointing is when a worthwhile discussion goes to hell becvause a handful of poster have to get ugly and attack those members who are not part of their clique, REGARDLESS of what they have posted !
I f I posted the sky is blue, guys like jow would be compelled to post a derrogatory contradiction .
so pathetic and childish, but I guess the mods think thats what football forums should be all about.
\ most unfortunate.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE1VRSbv8exW-yBP9z2YUeDoz8-Pm3cxcaFBQjC7pgrEkJOFH4

Northman
06-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Maybe you guys should use Dread's Reconciliation thread to mend sore feelings. Worked wonders for me. lmao

MOtorboat
06-14-2013, 05:28 PM
your Ok in my book! you can disagree with me without having to get personnal ,derrogatory, or added drama.
\ most unfortunate.

Here's your problem.

You don't post that the sky is blue. You post that the sky is yellow and then scream at us because we don't believe false, made up shit.

FanInAZ
06-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Ok, I guess I’m going to lead by example to get this tread back on topic:

I’m a little surprised that McGahee got cut this soon, but I’m not surprised that he didn’t make the opening day roster. Both sides have good arguments, but the boss has spoken, so its time to focus on rooting for the young guys. As far as Knowshon, I don’t know how much longer he’ll be around this use drafting so many high round RBs.

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 06:09 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE1VRSbv8exW-yBP9z2YUeDoz8-Pm3cxcaFBQjC7pgrEkJOFH4yes. and when anyone calls out the wolfpack for their abusive attitudes they are labeled cry=babies.
my proof is in the pudding. you need only watch how every post I make is followed by the pack of wolves eager to find fault to the point of diminishing every single thread.
every thread, every post, it does not matter the subject matter.
hostility, it is the driving force behind the box of rocks and clown car occupants, the "gem squad" all hiding behind the skirt of their aLL POWERFULL MOD.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS READ TO RECOGNIZE THE m.o.
ITS WHY OUR NEW POSTERS FEEL SO WELCOME TOO !

MOtorboat
06-14-2013, 06:11 PM
yes. and when anyone calls out the wolfpack for their abusive attitudes they are labeled cry=babies.
my proof is in the pudding. you need only watch how every post I make is followed by the pack of wolves eager to find fault to the point of diminishing every single thread.
hostility, it is the driving force behind the box of rocks and clown car occupants, the "gem squad" all hiding behind the skirt of their aLL POWERFULL MOD.

:victim:

Maybe people disagree with you because you say dumb things? Just a thought.

GEM
06-14-2013, 06:15 PM
yes. and when anyone calls out the wolfpack for their abusive attitudes they are labeled cry=babies.

Look at me.....look at me....I'm the victim!!

Pudge
06-14-2013, 06:22 PM
I never felt welcome as a new poster. I still don't feel welcome

BroncoWave
06-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Zam does make a good point. It has become a pretty common trend on this board for someone to unleash personal attacks, then accuse the person they are attacking of playing the victim card when they defend themselves.

Pudge
06-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Zam does make a good point. It has become a pretty common trend on this board for someone to unleash personal attacks, then accuse the person they are attacking of playing the victim card when they defend themselves.

I hate you btb, but you are more than welcome to be the victim of my attacks

GEM
06-14-2013, 06:39 PM

It's also become pretty common to be able to give it and not take it, then cry foul when called on it.

Northman
06-14-2013, 06:47 PM
It's also become pretty common to be able to give it and not take it, then cry foul when called on it.

Oh snap.

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 06:52 PM
gem you only defgend your little wolf=pack. I never see you come to the defense of a new poster! you tollerate , even perpetuate abusive behavior by your "gem-squad' but if one of them is on the wrong end of a losing battle, we can alway count on gem to come to their defense.
stay classy san diego, um I mean gem.
guys like joe north and others routinely say offensive derrogatory comments directed at POSTERs, not their posts, and YOU gem dont care! Its only when your percieved adverasaries comment that you make your pre4sence known !
queen bee, god bless you.
\ MIke, mike only shows up once gem sees she is losing the battle!
MIke , buddy every thread ends up like this, why the concern now?
see you in the lounge, I am done in this thread.

MOtorboat
06-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Gem,

Please direct me in how to respond to Zam's most recent post.

Thank you,
MO

MOtorboat
06-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Oh, wait, CRAP!

I meant to send that as a PM.

Everyone pretend you didn't see it.

Northman
06-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Gems Wolfpack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FDXxf-LrbY

MOtorboat
06-14-2013, 07:03 PM
I was thinking more like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgTssbfJu3Y

Pudge
06-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Can I be part of the wolf pack Gem? I'm still waiting to hear back from JFE if I can join his group

Dapper Dan
06-14-2013, 08:52 PM
So, is GEM really a moderator or not? Because it looks pretty back when one moderator says to get back on track and another keeps it going on a different topic.
I'm pretty sure this all started with Jaded's constant Tebow-related smartass comments. Who seems to have disappeared after stirring the pot.

Dapper Dan
06-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Ok, I guess I’m going to lead by example to get this tread back on topic:

I’m a little surprised that McGahee got cut this soon, but I’m not surprised that he didn’t make the opening day roster. Both sides have good arguments, but the boss has spoken, so its time to focus on rooting for the young guys. As far as Knowshon, I don’t know how much longer he’ll be around this use drafting so many high round RBs.

It was a good try.

Timmy!
06-14-2013, 09:02 PM
:lol:

This thread is great.

BroncoNut
06-14-2013, 09:21 PM
:lol:

This thread is great.

I love this kind of shit. It's a guilty pleasure. Makes me feel like Russel Crowe in Gladiator.

Dzone
06-14-2013, 10:47 PM
How does a Mcgahee getting cut thread turns into an attack with victimization, Gem wolf packs and other funny stuff? Not complaining because it is funny as shit

Dapper Dan
06-14-2013, 10:59 PM
How does a Mcgahee getting cut thread turns into an attack with victimization, Gem wolf packs and other funny stuff? Not complaining because it is funny as shit

In summary.

"Smartass Tebow comment"

"Wtf?"
"Yeah. Stupid."

"What? You're a hypocrite."

"Wtf is your problem?"

"You. You're a hypoctrite."
"Yeah."
"Yeah he is."
"Yeah"

"Dude. ****."

"What? You can't take it?"
"Yeah. You can't take it?"
"Yeah."
"Yeah. He's a hypocrite.

"How did we get here?"

And we're here.

NightTerror218
06-14-2013, 11:07 PM
With hillman coming in heavier and m. Ball. I think it will be a good 1-2 punch. Think hillman may get bulk of carries into TC but do not think Ball has won starting spot yet, def not given too him.

JPPT1974
06-14-2013, 11:32 PM
McGahee will be back on his feet. They always are as best of luck to him in the future. Maybe it is best the team departs with him.

Dapper Dan
06-15-2013, 12:19 AM
With hillman coming in heavier and m. Ball. I think it will be a good 1-2 punch. Think hillman may get bulk of carries into TC but do not think Ball has won starting spot yet, def not given too him.

I still think Moreno is in that mix. For now. We shall see.

Dapper Dan
06-15-2013, 12:21 AM
McGahee will be back on his feet. They always are as best of luck to him in the future. Maybe it is best the team departs with him.

If I were a team that needed a RB, I'd take McGahee over a FA like Turner. He's shown in Denver that he has some miles left. Whereas Turner is closer to Tomlinson when he went to New York.

BroncoNut
06-15-2013, 12:23 AM
awesome. nighterror is back. my favorite poster

Simple Jaded
06-15-2013, 12:45 AM
So, is GEM really a moderator or not? Because it looks pretty back when one moderator says to get back on track and another keeps it going on a different topic.
I'm pretty sure this all started with Jaded's constant Tebow-related smartass comments. Who seems to have disappeared after stirring the pot.

I don't remember making a smartass comment about Tebow in this thread, perhaps you could refresh my memory?

Dapper Dan
06-15-2013, 01:30 AM
I don't remember making a smartass comment about Tebow in this thread, perhaps you could refresh my memory?

Below

Dapper Dan
06-15-2013, 01:32 AM

Bump.

Chef Zambini
06-15-2013, 10:07 AM
without looking at the economics, releasing mcgehee this early does seem a bit pre-mature, however...
when you consider the $$ vfactors, his contract of $2 mill is now being used for other player signings and his diminished role hardly justifies the salary.
ALSO>>>
cutting willy mac early gives him a better chance at landing another gig.
I too was surprised this decision caME SO EARLY, BUT now, with a better understanding of the $ dynamics, it makes sense and only helps to support the notion that the powers that be are very confident in the RBs we have to fill the void.

Simple Jaded
06-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Bump.

Ask BTB who that smartass comment was about.

You're forgiven.

BroncoWave
06-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Ask BTB who that smartass comment was about.

You're forgiven.

I've responded to that point three times in this thread. Why don't you look those up, jackass.

BroncoWave
06-15-2013, 02:30 PM

Yeah, she is a mod, but you wouldn't know it by how she posts.

Simple Jaded
06-15-2013, 02:57 PM
I've responded to that point three times in this thread. Why don't you look those up, jackass.

Excuse me, BTB, I was merely pointing out the fact that that particular smartass comment had nothing to do with Tim Tebow. Tuck in your skirt, your vagina is showing.

BroncoNut
06-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Yeah, she is a mod, but you wouldn't know it by how she posts.

Gem is a fine mod. everybody pretty much likes her, and she likes everyone except maybe ZAM and Tubby. that can be a problem sometimes with positions of authority. You have to keep that separation from the population you are moderating. And you have to be honest (imo). I am thinking about throwing my hat in the broncos forums political ring. I think I would be an outstanding mod. I think I owe it to the boards.

NightTerror218
06-15-2013, 08:24 PM
awesome. nighterror is back. my favorite poster

I never left just been lurking and busy with work it's off season so boring.

Dapper Dan
06-15-2013, 08:45 PM
I never left just been lurking and busy with work it's off season so boring.

Oh. So it's like that?

ShaneFalco
06-15-2013, 09:49 PM
i think all mods are very fair here compared to the Alastors that troll the main website.

But yes, the personal attacks are a bit below the belt. But better, then getting infractions, post removal, temp bans.

NightTerror218
06-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Oh. So it's like that?

Got my professional engineering license and it's like I doubled in work load.

Dapper Dan
06-15-2013, 11:45 PM
Got my professional engineering license and it's like I doubled in work load.

I'll double your work load.

Chef Zambini
06-16-2013, 11:12 AM
re gem.
I like a hard working mom that puts her kids above all else, that is gem.
I like a woman that knoiws sportys, loves the broncos and can talk objectivly about football, again that is gem.
I have no issues with women having authority. I have no issue with MODS also being posters and expressing their opinions.
But gem brings hostility and animosity to her posts, and that strikes me as very un-mod like.
its not a gender thing, its a "really, this person is a mod? thing".
JMHO.
again, entitled to her opinion and expressing it, but the personal attacks, vulgarity and abusive attitude is very unbecoming.

Chef Zambini
06-16-2013, 11:13 AM
I'll double your work load.
sounds sexier when gem posts it.

jhildebrand
06-16-2013, 12:17 PM

Granted. But getting in the endzone in college, especiually goal line situations, is a lot different than the pros.

jhildebrand
06-16-2013, 12:19 PM

He will have to be resigned by the Broncos for that to happen. He was released back in May.

Bosco
06-16-2013, 01:04 PM
He will have to be resigned by the Broncos for that to happen. He was released back in May.

I was a bit behind the times, it appears.

Dreadnought
06-16-2013, 04:56 PM
re gem.
I like a hard working mom that puts her kids above all else, that is gem.
I like a woman that knoiws sportys, loves the broncos and can talk objectivly about football, again that is gem.
I have no issues with women having authority. I have no issue with MODS also being posters and expressing their opinions.
But gem brings hostility and animosity to her posts, and that strikes me as very un-mod like.
its not a gender thing, its a "really, this person is a mod? thing".
JMHO.
again, entitled to her opinion and expressing it, but the personal attacks, vulgarity and abusive attitude is very unbecoming.

I'm going to address this post in general, as opposed to deleting it straight up pretty much as rubbish.

1) Mods here are allowed to post our opinions pretty much as we like, within the same rules as everyone else. We are not supposed to Mod a thread we get deeply engaged in - that is the Cardinal sin, not posting opinionated stuff. Message boards are opinionated by their nature. When we are deep in a thread and stuff needs moderating the usual plan is to get another more disinterested Mod to take care of it.

2) Criticizing the Moderation in an Open non-Town Hall forum is specifically forbidden per the Rules everyone agrees to in order to post here. It will (and has in the past) lead to bans, which is something we don't do much of. Anybody is allowed to complain about Moderation/Admin, in the Town Hall Forum. Anyone can complain about it to Admin. When it shows up in an open forum we have to assume it is whining, baiting, and insulting to all of us, and it will not to be taken seriously.

Dapper Dan
06-16-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm going to address this post in general, as opposed to deleting it straight up pretty much as rubbish.

1) Mods here are allowed to post our opinions pretty much as we like, within the same rules as everyone else. We are not supposed to Mod a thread we get deeply engaged in - that is the Cardinal sin, not posting opinionated stuff. Message boards are opinionated by their nature. When we are deep in a thread and stuff needs moderating the usual plan is to get another more disinterested Mod to take care of it.

2) Criticizing the Moderation in an Open non-Town Hall forum is specifically forbidden per the Rules everyone agrees to in order to post here. It will (and has in the past) lead to bans, which is something we don't do much of. Anybody is allowed to complain about Moderation/Admin, in the Town Hall Forum. Anyone can complain about it to Admin. When it shows up in an open forum we have to assume it is whining, baiting, and insulting to all of us, and it will not to be taken seriously.

Until this post, I had no idea about number two.

Dreadnought
06-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Until this post, I had no idea about number two.

Well, that's why I wrote my post. Its a pretty safe assumption nobody reads the Rules on websites. Lord knows I don't anywhere but here :D

Simple Jaded
06-16-2013, 09:31 PM
There are rules?

Davii
06-17-2013, 10:34 AM
According to a story on NFL.com McGahee was cut because of injury concerns. They say he was limited in practice due to the knee and that's the main reason he was cut.

Link to story (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000212512/article/willis-mcgahee-reportedly-cut-due-to-health-issues)

TXBRONC
06-17-2013, 10:45 AM
I think they're looking at the wrong ligament. It might be a better idea to check out his Medial Collateral Ligament rather his Medical Collateral Ligament. It's just a thought. :D

Davii
06-17-2013, 10:51 AM
I think their looking at the wrong ligament. It might be a better idea to check out his Medial Collateral Ligament rather his Medical Collateral Ligament. It's just a thought. :D

"MR. McGahee, your Medical Collateral Ligament is completely missing. We have to cut you."

Mike
06-17-2013, 11:00 AM
I think their looking at the wrong ligament. It might be a better idea to check out his Medial Collateral Ligament rather his Medical Collateral Ligament. It's just a thought. :D

So now you think you are a doctor or something? ;)

TXBRONC
06-17-2013, 11:08 AM
So now you think you are a doctor or something? ;)

No but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

LTC Pain
06-17-2013, 11:09 AM

Dreadnought,

V/R, I hope #2 is a two-way street. This should apply to Mods as well. In isolated cases I've seen Mods criticize posters and cross the line in the open forum. They should have to take it to a Town Hall discussion as well. And for the record, I think the Mods do a great job on this forum and don't have a complaint against one of you.

Dreadnought
06-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Dreadnought,

V/R, I hope #2 is a two-way street. This should apply to Mods as well. In isolated cases I've seen Mods criticize posters and cross the line in the open forum. They should have to take it to a Town Hall discussion as well. And for the record, I think the Mods do a great job on this forum and don't have a complaint against one of you.

Agreed that in the heat of battle every one of us has at one time or another crossed the line. There have also, in the distant past, been posters so awful, obnoxious, and contentious that they could have induced an enraged meltdown from St. Francis of Asissi himself, much less one of us mere mortals. Eventually they generally do get the Bum's Rush. We should still try do our best though.

And by "every one of us" I of course exclude NTL, whose posting and Moderating is at all times blameless and flawless.

Northman
06-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Dreadnought,

Well, they shouldnt have to take it too town hall when criticizing a member. That would serve no purpose. When stuff like that im sure they go behind the scenes and talk to the mod/mods in question and deal with it that way.

Being a member on this forum is very quite simple. If you contribute to the forum by discussing various topics and and actual try to get along with the members you wont have any problems. If you come on here and spam or simply troll you wont be taken seriously by the mods or other members. Being a moderator is a thankless job, trust me i know. But if your someone who at least makes an attempt to be a part of this community than you wont run into any issues. I may get a "concerning your post" PM once in a while but for the most part i dont have any problems. I notice the people who end up getting banned are the ones who go about things the wrong way and calling out mods in these kinds of threads doesnt do anything to help your case. As Dread addressed, you can either take it too the town hall or they have this nifty little thing at the bottom of the post in question called a "report post" button. But personally, its no shock to me when certain posters are always having to take time off, their behavior on here is a dead giveaway so they have no one to blame but themselves.

TXBRONC
06-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Well, they shouldnt have to take it too town hall when criticizing a member. That would serve no purpose. When stuff like that im sure they go behind the scenes and talk to the mod/mods in question and deal with it that way.

Being a member on this forum is very quite simple. If you contribute to the forum by discussing various topics and and actual try to get along with the members you wont have any problems. If you come on here and spam or simply troll you wont be taken seriously by the mods or other members. Being a moderator is a thankless job, trust me i know. But if your someone who at least makes an attempt to be a part of this community than you wont run into any issues. I may get a "concerning your post" PM once in a while but for the most part i dont have any problems. I notice the people who end up getting banned are the ones who go about things the wrong way and calling out mods in these kinds of threads doesnt do anything to help your case. As Dread addressed, you can either take it too the town hall or they have this nifty little thing at the bottom of the post in question called a "report post" button. But personally, its no shock to me when certain posters are always having to take time off, their behavior on here is a dead giveaway so they have no one to blame but themselves.

I just don't understand why Nut always gets to skate. He's always picking fights. :tsk:

J/K