PDA

View Full Version : Randy Gradishar visits Broncos minicamp practice Wednesday

Denver Native (Carol)
06-12-2013, 03:29 PM
As Broncos coach John Fox often does, he once again reached into the team's past to talk to his players about the future.

Ring of Fame member Randy Gradishar attended Wednesday's minicamp practice and spoke briefly with the team following the workout. Fox also had several former Broncos, including Brian Griese, speak at a team meeting Monday night when players reported for the mandatory minicamp.

Fox has made it a priority to bring in the Broncos former players to speak to the team on a variety of occasions after several former Broncos said they often felt unwelcome during Josh McDaniels' tenure as head coach.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23444972/randy-gradishar-visits-broncos-minicamp-practice-wednesday

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-12-2013, 04:12 PM
I like to hear about stuff like that. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy, kind of like pictures of puppies.

Slick
06-12-2013, 04:34 PM
**** Yeah!

GEM
06-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Love Fox!

Poet
06-12-2013, 04:54 PM
It's a crying shame that Gradishar isn't in the hall of fame. That guy was an animal.

TXBRONC
06-12-2013, 05:31 PM
This isn't the first time I've heard that McDaniels was a putz about welcoming former Broncos and inviting them to be a part of the team.

I'm glad Gradishar is hanging around and yes he does deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

FanInAZ
06-12-2013, 06:58 PM
I like to hear about stuff like that. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy, kind of like pictures of puppies.

Opposing QBs don't concur with your assessment.

Broncos Mtnman
06-12-2013, 07:16 PM
One of the all-time Bronco greats.

And the info about Mickey gives me just one more reason to hate that guy. He was a pathetic excuse for a HC and I'm convinced his primary objective was to destroy the Broncos.

Good to hear that a classy guy like RG stayed around.

One more point: It says that this was Fox's idea, but I can assure you that Elway is the man behind it. Bronco tradition has been a staple of Elway's leadership and it's one of the main reasons that I believe there is much more success to come.

:salute: Randy Gradishar :salute:

broncofaninfla
06-13-2013, 08:16 AM
I wish some of the younger fans on this board could have seen Gradishar play. He was by far the best ILB/MLB we've ever had bar none. During that time there was a common debate on who was better, Gradishar or Jack Lambert for the Steelers. Lambert ended up getting more noteriety because the Steelers as a team won 4 Super Bowls during that time but Gradishar was every bit as good or better than Lambert. It's nothing short of pathetic that Gradishar is not in the HOF.

With that said I loved what he had to say to the players yesterday after practice. Hopefully the players took it to heart and realize how privilidged it is to not only play in this league but for one of the best franchises in all of professional sports.

TXBRONC
06-13-2013, 08:34 AM
I wish some of the younger fans on this board could have seen Gradishar play. He was by far the best ILB/MLB we've ever had bar none. During that time there was a common debate on who was better, Gradishar or Jack Lambert for the Steelers. Lambert ended up getting more noteriety because the Steelers as a team won 4 Super Bowls during that time but Gradishar was every bit as good or better than Lambert. It's nothing short of pathetic that Gradishar is not in the HOF.

With that said I loved what he had to say to the players yesterday after practice. Hopefully the players took it to heart and realize how privilidged it is to not only play in this league but for one of the best franchises in all of professional sports.

I agree it's to bad that some of our younger fans never got to see Gradishar play because was the best ILB/MLB Denver has ever had. Al Wilson was good but he wasn't anywhere near as good as Gradishar.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Von Miller gets it. After listening to Randy Gradishar address team, Miller on Broncos' tradition: "You've only got

“a short window to come out here and play football, to be a part of something that’s way bigger than you. The Broncos has been going on before me, [will go on] after me. The NFL is going to go on; it’s going to be one of the strongest businesses in the world. To take advantage of the opportunity, the short window that you have, it’s definitely important. You don’t want to be forgotten after you’ve played. You want to take advantage of your time now and be remembered.”

http://sulia.com/channel/denver-broncos/f/23302613-c2bd-4239-832b-99954e86d7f8/?source=twitter&repost=240

Dzone
06-13-2013, 10:12 AM
The HOF is a sham...
With guys like TD and Gradishar out, how can the HOF ever be legit

broncofaninfla
06-13-2013, 10:21 AM
I agree it's to bad that some of our younger fans never got to see Gradishar play because was the best ILB/MLB Denver has ever had. Al Wilson was good but he wasn't anywhere near as good as Gradishar.

Totally agree. Al Wilson was the best since MLB since Gradishar but no where close to as good.

Chef Zambini
06-13-2013, 01:32 PM
can gradishar move to safety?

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Two Broncos legends stood on the sideline during Wednesday’s minicamp practice.

Ring of Fame linebacker Randy Gradishar and Ring of Fame safety Billy Thompson took in the session before leaving the team with some closing thoughts during the huddle to close practice.

“It was just kind of encouragement, I guess,” Gradishar said of his speech to the team. “A theme would be saying, ‘Just picture yourself of being the hero of the game, whether it’s at practice or during an actual game.’ Sometimes we just look at the actual game, but the practice part, the fight, the fundamentals of playing football and remembering what you’re supposed to go — those things never, never go away, no matter how old or young you are. Keeping those at the forefront of your mind mentally and physically gives them a great opportunity to go back and win a Super Bowl.”

The fact that so many talented Broncos alumni continue to come back to visit Dove Valley stood out to linebacker Von Miller, who appreciated what Gradishar had to say.

rest - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/gradishar-thompson-take-in-practice/

Chef Zambini
06-13-2013, 02:03 PM
JFE is responsable for that change in culture, !
shanny NEVER wanted old timers around !

JFE knows the importance of intilling the pride and passing the torch!
JFE recognized that when HE won the SB every bronco of the past had a part and took great joy in the victory !

Broncos Mtnman
06-13-2013, 05:09 PM

JFE recognized that when HE won the SB every bronco of the past had a part and took great joy in the victory !

I completely disagree with your comment about Shanny.

Heck, he not only welcomed veterans, he made many of them his coaches:

Gary Kubiak
Rick Dennison
Barny Chavous

Just to name a few off the top of my head.

Point is, you are wrong to make a blanket statement like "shanny NEVER wanted old timers around."

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-13-2013, 05:11 PM
I completely disagree with you comment about Shanny.

Heck, he not welcomed veterans, he made many of them his coaches:

Gary Kubiak
Rick Dennison
Barny Chavous

Point is, you are wrong to make a blanket statement like "shanny NEVER wanted old timers around."

Shanny just didn't want Elway around. :laugh:

GEM
06-14-2013, 10:13 AM
I completely disagree with you comment about Shanny.

Heck, he not welcomed veterans, he made many of them his coaches:

Gary Kubiak
Rick Dennison
Barny Chavous

This is what Zam does. Makes bullshit posts filled with bullshit lies. Posting it over and over, thinking it will make everyone believe it to be true.

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 12:09 PM
sorry to burst your harassing bibble gem but there have been LOTS of articles about shanny not wanting old timers around, starting with JFE !
as well as floyd little and jake plummer and TD !
lots of RMN and DP articles how old broncos dod not feel welcome around shannys domain.
but gem it is your honor and priviledge to mischaracterize my posts without fear of rebutle, you are the queen,. god save the queen.

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 12:11 PM

I stand by this post 100% and there are plwnty of media articles from schefter and othersa to support it !

GEM
06-14-2013, 03:07 PM
sorry to burst your harassing bibble gem but there have been LOTS of articles about shanny not wanting old timers around, starting with JFE !
as well as floyd little and jake plummer and TD !
lots of RMN and DP articles how old broncos dod not feel welcome around shannys domain.
but gem it is your honor and priviledge to mischaracterize my posts without fear of rebutle, you are the queen,. god save the queen.

TD was at camps.
Floyd was in Seattle with a losing car dealership, he wasn't in Denver.
Why would he want Jake Plummer there? There was a lot of bad blood. It wouldn't have been a good scenario. Jake and Jay in the same room....would have gone REAL well.

How many old players came to camp, how many were brought on as coaches.

Show me the articles, Zam.

Poet
06-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Play nice GEM.

GEM
06-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Play nice GEM.

There's no fun in playing nice.

If someone is going to post bullshit OPINIONS as fact, post the articles to back them up.

Tired of every thread being overrun with Zam's bullshit. I don't even come into Broncos Talk anymore because I already know what it is. Zam and his crazy ideas in EVERY thread. It's tiring.

Poet
06-14-2013, 03:16 PM
There's no fun in playing nice.

If someone is going to post bullshit OPINIONS as fact, post the articles to back them up.

Tired of every thread being overrun with Zam's bullshit. I don't even come into Broncos Talk anymore because I already know what it is. Zam and his crazy ideas in EVERY thread. It's tiring.

I can post more about Rod Smith if you want.

GEM
06-14-2013, 03:18 PM
I can post more about Rod Smith if you want.

At least you have some logical thought out responses as to why you feel the way you do.

Poet
06-14-2013, 03:19 PM
At least you have some logical thought out responses as to why you feel the way you do.

I was mostly teasing as well. He's a borderline Hall of Fame guy. I wouldn't be mad if he got in.

I think Zam is just old. Zam, are you old?

GEM
06-14-2013, 03:21 PM
I was mostly teasing as well. He's a borderline Hall of Fame guy. I wouldn't be mad if he got in.

I think Zam is just old. Zam, are you old?

I know. It's Friday and I've been filing all day. I hate HATE HAAAATE filing day. :laugh: It's left me grumpy and longing for a swimming pool.

Poet
06-14-2013, 03:22 PM
I know. It's Friday and I've been filing all day. I hate HATE HAAAATE filing day. :laugh: It's left me grumpy and longing for a swimming pool.

Don't go swimming with Zam.

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 04:48 PM
I have a pool, gem is always welcome.

MOtorboat
06-14-2013, 05:05 PM

I don't think he does.

:coffee:

GEM
06-14-2013, 05:32 PM
I don't think he does.

I don't agree with his half-witted WRONG opinion, but at least he lays it out there in a readable way.

Poet
06-15-2013, 05:39 AM
I don't think he does.

Broham, you guys got smoked in there. Every now and again I have to enter those threads. It makes and keeps you guys tough. I did it out of love.

Chef Zambini
06-15-2013, 09:41 AM

the above is my OPINION !
it is based on countless comments I recall from shlereth , T. jackson , A, shefter and others when discussing the culture at dove valley.
were former players BARRED from coming to practices, not likely.
But did they feel welcome, or did SHANNY go out of his way to foster a welcome environment or encourage former players to speak to the team, absolutly NOT.
you can CHOOSE to believe what you want, let me know next time shanny holds an alumni day for redskins !