PDA

View Full Version : Bailey loves DC consistency in Denver

Denver Native (Carol)
06-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Some Denver minicamp notes:

Veteran cornerback Champ Bailey said defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio coming back for a second season is huge for the unit. Last year, Del Rio became Denver's seventh defensive coordinator in seven seasons.

“It means a lot,” Bailey told reporters Tuesday. “For a corner, specifically, it doesn’t change a whole lot for me personally. But I can see the difference in the guys around me. That makes a huge difference in what we can do up front and on the back end with the safeties.”

Bailey said this is the deepest group of cornerbacks he’s seen in his 10 season in Denver.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/59094/bailey-loves-dc-consistency-in-denver

MOtorboat
06-11-2013, 09:36 PM
In before "SfeTY!"

Poet
06-11-2013, 09:44 PM
In before "SfeTY!"

But can he play corner?

MOtorboat
06-11-2013, 09:47 PM
But can he play corner?

Not like Tebow.

Poet
06-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Not like Tebow.

He's probably better at being a QB, though.

Ziggy
06-11-2013, 10:20 PM
With the holdover of Del Rio, and the additions of Williams, Phillips, DRC, and Jammer I'm really looking forward to seeing what this defense can do this year.

Poet
06-11-2013, 10:23 PM
With the holdover of Del Rio, and the additions of Williams, Phillips, DRC, and Jammer I'm really looking forward to seeing what this defense can do this year.

Oh, we're actually making on topic posts in here now.

Good day, sir.

Chef Zambini
06-12-2013, 10:35 AM
JDR, I hope he sticks around !
Idealy we win a couple lombardis with FOX and he turns the riigns over to JDR as his successor !

Ravage!!!
06-12-2013, 11:01 AM
JDR, I hope he sticks around !
Idealy we win a couple lombardis with FOX and he turns the riigns over to JDR as his successor !

YES...except for JDR taking over as HC. Everything else I liked, though.

Broncos Mtnman
06-12-2013, 01:18 PM
YES...except for JDR taking over as HC. Everything else I liked, though.

What he said. :dito:

Chef Zambini
06-14-2013, 01:01 PM
whats wrong with the continuity of fox passing the reigns to JDR ?

Broncos Mtnman
06-14-2013, 04:50 PM
whats wrong with the continuity of fox passing the reigns to JDR ?

*see: Jacksonville Jaguars

Chef Zambini
06-15-2013, 10:23 AM
the same could have been said about shanny when in oakland.
JDR was not the problem in jacksonville.
I like the continuity he would bring if he eventually replaced fox.
especially AFTER a couple of superbowl wins.FOX didnt exactly set the world on fire with the panthers, BB with the browns, etc.

the ONLY coach in the history of mankind to demonstrate that he absolutely does NOT deserve a second chance at HC is josh mcdaniels !

Rick
06-15-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm actually with Zam on this one. Not sure what his problem was in Jacksonville but so far in Denver I have seen a very knowledgeable and mature coach, someone that I could see take over for a guy like Fox someday to maintain the status quo of a defensive head coach.

EMB6903
06-16-2013, 06:35 AM

Didn't denver hire the coach from the team that was the only one worse than their own at one time...?

Bosco
06-16-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm actually with Zam on this one. Not sure what his problem was in Jacksonville but so far in Denver I have seen a very knowledgeable and mature coach, someone that I could see take over for a guy like Fox someday to maintain the status quo of a defensive head coach.

It's hard to say. There are a host of people who made better coordinators than they did head coaches (guys like Norv Turner and Wade Phillips) and then you have some guys like John Fox who were better as head coaches than they were as coordinators. I think it's likely that Del Rio falls in the former category. My personal preference would be for Del Rio to become our long time DC a la Dick LeBeau.

Rick
06-16-2013, 09:38 PM
It's hard to say. There are a host of people who made better coordinators than they did head coaches (guys like Norv Turner and Wade Phillips) and then you have some guys like John Fox who were better as head coaches than they were as coordinators. I think it's likely that Del Rio falls in the former category. My personal preference would be for Del Rio to become our long time DC a la Dick LeBeau.

I agree, I would rather him be our LeBeau as well, but I wouldn't be apposed to him getting that opportunity to be HC here someday if the situation popped up.