PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker tweeting.

Dapper Dan
06-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Welker tweeted a recruit about Texas Tech. Waiting for the full wrath of the NCAA to come down on this one.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/6/10/4415192/wes-welker-byu-texas-tech-nick-kurtz-recruiting-twitter

Former Red Raider Wes Welker tried to sway a recruit to pick Texas Tech over Brigham Young University on Twitter, inciting the rage of BYU fans in the process. Oh, and Welker also said something that could be perceived as factually wrong and probably committed an NCAA violation.

Dapper Dan
06-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Obviously a trouble maker. Brandon Stokely never did anything like this.

CoachChaz
06-11-2013, 03:31 PM
At the end of the day, if I were a WR...this is a no brainer

Dapper Dan
06-11-2013, 04:02 PM
At the end of the day, if I were a WR...this is a no brainer

I know, right? Tennessee.

Ravage!!!
06-11-2013, 04:09 PM
NCAA violation...against whom? Is the NCAA going to fine Welker? Is the NCAA going to ban the student for something he didn't do? What can the NCAA do about what someone posts/prints/says to a public forum?

Dapper Dan
06-11-2013, 04:13 PM
I assume anything done would go against the school, Texas Tech. Former players/alumni are seen as representatives of the school.

Ravage!!!
06-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I assume anything done would go against the school, Texas Tech. Former players/alumni are seen as representatives of the school.

Yeah, pretty lame either way.

CoachChaz
06-11-2013, 04:45 PM
I know, right? Tennessee.

I think Ohio State leads in total WR's in the NFL right now, but Tennessee would be a choice over Tech and BYU

Dapper Dan
06-11-2013, 04:51 PM
I think Ohio State leads in total WR's in the NFL right now, but Tennessee would be a choice over Tech and BYU

I know. I was just being a smartass. With TT passing system, I would pick TT over BYU in a heartbeat.

CoachChaz
06-11-2013, 04:53 PM
I know. I was just being a smartass. With TT passing system, I would pick TT over BYU in a heartbeat.

Not quite the passing system the last few seasons like it use to be under Leach...although I expect Kingsbury to bring that back really quick.

Dapper Dan
06-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Not quite the passing system the last few seasons like it use to be under Leach...although I expect Kingsbury to bring that back really quick.

Pretty much what I was thinking.

Chef Zambini
06-12-2013, 10:11 AM
having been with the pats all these years, unrestricted use of social media is probably NEW to welker !

Ravage!!!
06-12-2013, 10:15 AM
having been with the pats all these years, unrestricted use of social media is probably NEW to welker !

Hah.. true. See Brady's wife as an example as to what happens when Belicheck doesn't extend his collars beyond the players and not to their families. I bet she had her phone taken away.