PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Clarett to speak at the NFL Rookie Symposium

topscribe
06-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I didn't know exactly where to put this.

Clarett to address NFL rookie symposium
Posted June 10, 2013 @ 09:25pm

Maurice Clarett, in happier times. As a freshman, Clarett led the Buckeyes to the 2002 BCS National Championship. (Getty Images)

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The NFL’s rookie symposium returns to Northeast Ohio later this month, bringing every drafted rookie together for three days of life and business lessons the league hopes can help the players avoid squandering the opportunities professional football success can bring them.

Eight years after he attended the symposium as a Denver Broncos rookie “and didn’t listen to a thing,” this year’s symposium is going to bring Maurice Clarett back home, too, as a guest speaker. His is the story the league wants to help these players avoid.

Rest - http://broncoplanet.com/nfl-news/clarett-to-address-nfl-rookie-symposium/

It's a good read. It's always good to see someone try to turn his life
around like this. I wish Clarett the best . . .

Northman
06-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Sorry, im still pissed we drafted him. But yea, i agree. Future rookies need to learn from him on how not too proceed at the pro level.

Joel
06-11-2013, 02:27 PM
http://bash.org/?283491

The Glue Factory
06-11-2013, 02:52 PM
No better example of what not to do than Maurice.

MOtorboat
06-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Sorry, im still pissed we drafted him. But yea, i agree. Future rookies need to learn from him on how not too proceed at the pro level.

That dude was a beast in college. I honestly don't remember thinking I'd seen a better back at the college level (not old enough to have seen Bo).

Chef Zambini
06-12-2013, 09:48 AM
ah "clairice"
hope he has turned his life arouynd. but before all of you think he is a new man, last years speaker, adam pac-man jones just got arrested.
talk is cheap !
I hope MC is more than just a speaker.
thew held the rookie symposium at the inverness the one year I worked there.
the NFL does their best to prepare these kids, but the YEARS of entitlement, and special priviledge , put many of these kids beyond reach.
MC should mention how the choice of agent is critical!
MCs agent was a bigger idiot than his client!

Simple Jaded
06-12-2013, 10:00 PM
I bet he was court ordered to speak at symposium.

Chef Zambini
06-13-2013, 12:52 AM
it might qualify for his public service obligations.

Chef Zambini
06-13-2013, 01:56 PM
That dude was a beast in college. I honestly don't remember thinking I'd seen a better back at the college level (not old enough to have seen Bo).FWIW the greatest college runner I ever saw was mashall faulk. he looked like a pro playing against high school kids.
if he was playing for notre dam instead od SDSU, he would have 2 heismans !