PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker finally able to be himself as member of the Denver Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
06-09-2013, 07:23 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Wes Welker sat back in a plush, leather chair in the lobby of the Denver Broncos' training facility last week, conducting a post-workout interview without revealing the slightest hint of stress.

Unlike the conversations he had with reporters during his six-year stint with the New England Patriots – whose coach, Bill Belichick, scrutinizes his players' public comments with NSA-like zeal – Welker felt no urgency to walk the line between bland and unrevealing.

"I feel like I can be myself a little more for sure," said Welker, who signed a two-year, $12-million deal with the Broncos on March 13, a day after becoming an unrestricted free agent. Asked if he'd received any pre-interview lectures about what subjects to avoid, Welker laughed and said, "Here? No. … All they told me was, 'Just be yourself.' "

rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--wes-welker-able-to-be-himself-denver-broncos-peyton-manning-230015977.html

MOtorboat
06-09-2013, 07:38 PM
:coffee:

WTE
06-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Yeah, he looked real relaxed at his intro pressy.

#RatherBeInNE

BroncoWave
06-09-2013, 08:48 PM

#RatherBeInNE

If he'd rather be in NE he would have taken their contract.

SR
06-09-2013, 09:20 PM

#RatherBeInNE

Real stupid fukkin comment. Whattya new?!

Jsteve01
06-09-2013, 09:21 PM
according to Kraft, they offered him more money...you're assertion just doesn't correlate to reality

WTE
06-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Sorry for my trolling last night. I got a little too much sun doing yard work all day.

Chef Zambini
06-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Finally a grerat off season article !
I especially liked this part:

"No doubt," he said. "I don't really care if they do or not. It's not my goal. It's not what I'm about or anything else. If I have to catch 112 balls, I don't know if we're gonna be the team we want to be. I'll catch as many as it takes to win, and whatever that is, that's what it is. I just want to win. That's the only reason I'm here."

iots like the thread I already posted, "manning to Welker"
\ its going to be awesome.

GEM
06-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Sorry for my trolling last night. I got a little too much sun doing yard work all day.

More like you lost your marbles when they signed Tebow. :laugh: