PDA

View Full Version : travis henry out for the week

dogfish
11-23-2007, 11:04 PM
just reported by PFT. . . .

POSTED 8:46 p.m. EST; UPDATED 8:54 p.m. EST, November 23, 2007

NO GO AGAIN FOR HENRY

As Broncos running back Travis Henry waits for a ruling on the appeal of his one-year suspension for his latest violation of the league's substance-abuse policy, he'll miss yet another game with a left knee injury.

Sunday's game at Chicago likely will be the team's last game before Henry learns his fate. And though Henry and his lawyer think that the appeal will prevail, we've got a feeling that Henry soon will be spending the next twelve months with plenty of time to get acquainted with his baseball team of offspring.

Backup Selvin Young is a game-time decision with a sprained knee, which means that the starter could be Andre Hall, who ripped off a long touchdown run against the Titans on Monday night.

omac
11-23-2007, 11:26 PM
I've kinda expected that, as he's been injured or playing injured most of the season. Does anyone even remember what game started it all? He was off to a great start, getting huge yardage and leading the NFL.

TXBRONC
11-24-2007, 08:58 AM
I've kinda expected that, as he's been injured or playing injured most of the season. Does anyone even remember what game started it all? He was off to a great start, getting huge yardage and leading the NFL.

If I'm not mistaken he was injured he injured his ribs in the Steelers game. But this injury bout came when we lost to the Lions, he hasn't played since then.

Reidman
11-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Got to love our RB intuition each year...

Oh well, let's take another no name and turn him into a 1,000 yd back...:salute:

broncosfanscott
11-25-2007, 12:51 AM
Got to love our RB intuition each year...

Oh well, let's take another no name and turn him into a 1,000 yd back...:salute:

Very true. As long as somebody is running well and moving the chains I'll be good. However, it would be nice to have a consistent 1,500 yard RB year in and year out.

I am also not surprised Henry is out.......I didn't think he was going to play to begin with. I just hope Young is fine. I know he is a little hurt, yet he practiced so hopefully he'll be good to go.

Stargazer
11-25-2007, 02:10 AM
Very true. As long as somebody is running well and moving the chains I'll be good. However, it would be nice to have a consistent 1,500 yard RB year in and year out.

I agree with this statement. It is time to pair Jay with a RB to grow with. Though random RB's can grow on trees in this system, it's time to draft a high RB to grow with Cutler. It would be nice to have a consistant runner running 1200+ yards a year. This team hasn't had an explosive back since Clinton Portis. Hopefully Shanny pairs a young, athletic, and talented RB for Jay. I think this will need to be addressed in the 08 draft. And I wouldn't be surprised if Shanny selects a RB in round 1 or 2.

BaiLeY324
11-25-2007, 02:29 AM
I agree with this statement. It is time to pair Jay with a RB to grow with. Though random RB's can grow on trees in this system, it's time to draft a high RB to grow with Cutler. It would be nice to have a consistant runner running 1200+ yards a year. This team hasn't had an explosive back since Clinton Portis. Hopefully Shanny pairs a young, athletic, and talented RB for Jay. I think this will need to be addressed in the 08 draft. And I wouldn't be surprised if Shanny selects a RB in round 1 or 2.

Jonathan Stewart

Lonestar
11-25-2007, 12:30 PM

By listening to some of these posts one would think draft choices grow on trees.

You have to look at where the problems are or have been over the years.

CB yep but pretty much handled via Trades
Lb nope been pretty strong here for decades..
OL been picking up everyones else's leftovers for decades.
SS/FS been good here for decades with occasional high draft choices.
WR that seems to be handled as we speak.
That leaves DL witch we have sucked at forever.
RB no it has been a strong point on this team since 1998
DL Finally mikey got his head out of his butt and drafted some quality player last year. We need a couple of more of the DT type as we must have 18 DE on the roster as we speak.

The proirity is DL omce that is taken care of Safety and linebacker need attention.

Retired_Member_001
11-25-2007, 02:37 PM

And this is ok for you?

I think the Offensive Line AND the Defensive line get an equal priority.

Tned
11-25-2007, 07:30 PM
And this is ok for you?

They have, they get an equal share of other team's left overs. ;)

Stargazer
11-25-2007, 08:31 PM
By listening to some of these posts one would think draft choices grow on trees.

You have to look at where the problems are or have been over the years.

CB yep but pretty much handled via Trades
Lb nope been pretty strong here for decades..
SS/FS been good here for decades with occasional high draft choices.
WR that seems to be handled as we speak.
That leaves DL witch we have sucked at forever.
RB no it has been a strong point on this team since 1998
DL Finally mikey got his head out of his butt and drafted some quality player last year. We need a couple of more of the DT type as we must have 18 DE on the roster as we speak.

The proirity is DL omce that is taken care of Safety and linebacker need attention.

You are completely right that the defense needs a total upgrade at multiple positiions. But, as you see a dominant RB is needed in this offense to become an elite offense. As we have seen today, the defense/special teams failed. What else is new? But, a true elite talent RB can help the offense to score more points. Today 34 wasn't enough. It's tough with only so many draft selections. But, I will say Denver does need an elite talent at RB to pair with the young QB. Screw the finding no name RB's. How about for once inserting a RB who actually has great skills to play the position. There are a lot of holes, and mostly on defense, but it's also totally due to find an elite RB whether it's 1st round or 2nd.

Lonestar
11-25-2007, 08:34 PM
And this is ok for you?

At least the OLINE can say they do the job until they get inside the red zone..

The DL has sucked for years the OLINE has not. If mikey was finding decent DL players over those years I'd say OK go for the gusto and draft some talent high, but even when they did the clown is not good enough to play #4 OT for the lions.

At least the DL seems to be putting some heat on the QB's. Most of that has been coming from the newbies. This DL with one perhaps two DT pickups this next year will be a damned good one for up wards a of a decade, IF they are smart enough to resign them. BUT they need to add to it at least every other year, to keep it fresh.

Lonestar
11-25-2007, 08:45 PM
You are completely right that the defense needs a total upgrade at multiple positiions. But, as you see a dominant RB is needed in this offense to become an elite offense. As we have seen today, the defense/special teams failed. What else is new? But, a true elite talent RB can help the offense to score more points. Today 34 wasn't enough. It's tough with only so many draft selections. But, I will say Denver does need an elite talent at RB to pair with the young QB. Screw the finding no name RB's. How about for once inserting a RB who actually has great skills to play the position. There are a lot of holes, and mostly on defense, but it's also totally due to find an elite RB whether it's 1st round or 2nd.

What enough 39, 49? Is that elite RB gonna get you 14 or more points per game. If so who cares if you DL dominates so does most of the rest of your D. Then you do not have to have 45 points a game to win consistently.

Offense wins games Defense wins championships. this was prove most recently by INDY greatest O in the game for several years suddenly the defense steps up and they win all the marbles. After going for th most part one and out in the playoffs . Same goes for PIT they came in a beat a damned good DEN team and on to win it all with defense and a good QB and a good running game. NOT great RB but good one.

Getting an extra 14 point just means the defense will do the same give up an extra couple of TD's.

It is sexy, but the last great dominate RB to win a SB was TD, if memory serves correct... Maybe Marshall Faulk but he was more a reciever than true RB.