PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Freeney eager to sack Peyton Manning

Denver Native (Carol)
06-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Dwight Freeney and Peyton Manning were nearly teammates again in Denver. As Freeney noted Wednesday, Manning helped recruit the pass rusher to visit with the Broncos before Freeney eventually landed with the San Diego Chargers.

He would have enjoyed joining forces with Manning again, but it sounds like he'll enjoy facing the QB twice a year even more.

"Playing with Peyton for 10 years, him sitting back in practice, he has that five-yard halo, you can't get within 5 yards of Peyton or they're screaming at you, 'saying oh, get away from our quarterback,'" Freeney told the team's official website Wednesday. "So it's finally going to be a great opportunity for me coming up soon to put some hits on him. Might talk a little bit, too."

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000209707/article/dwight-freeney-eager-to-sack-peyton-manning

Davii
06-05-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm willing to bet Dwight doesn't get a sack on Peyton. His skills have degraded, we have a good line that didn't give up many sacks last year and now is being coached by Gibbs.... I like our odds to shut Freeney up.

Jsteve01
06-05-2013, 10:56 PM
lmao Freeney vs Clady? I like our chances. Orlando is turning into a very good tackle as well

Northman
06-06-2013, 04:18 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/37377917.jpg

TXBRONC
06-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Clady says no.

I believe Clady.

LTC Pain
06-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Screw Freeney and the horse he rode in on!

TXBRONC
06-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Screw Freeney and the horse he rode in on!

The last time Freeney faced the Broncos in 2009 he had one sack going up against Clady.

SoCalImport
06-06-2013, 09:11 AM
I didn't see the colt at all last year but I'm willin to bet that the OLB version of Freeney is not much use in coverage. Not much question what he's doing when he's put into the D. He'll be shut down.

TXBRONC
06-06-2013, 09:48 AM
I didn't see the colt at all last year but I'm willin to bet that the OLB version of Freeney is not much use in coverage. Not much question what he's doing when he's put into the D. He'll be shut down.

From what I've read on Chargers message board many of them are hoping he'll be on he field full time.

BroncoJoe
06-06-2013, 09:53 AM
From what I've read on Chargers message board many of them are hoping he'll be on he field full time.

And I hope I win the next lottery.

Chef Zambini
06-06-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm willing to bet Dwight doesn't get a sack on Peyton. His skills have degraded, we have a good line that didn't give up many sacks last year and now is being coached by Gibbs.... I like our odds to shut Freeney up.I dont know about shutting him up, but we will have a good chance to shut him out.
I can see some JERK routes targeted torwards freenies side of the field, EARLY and just often enough to let dwight know that he aint got no halo now either !
we are going to see DF's best effort when he plays against us.

weazel
06-06-2013, 01:17 PM
funny part is Manning is probable faster than Freeney now.

TXBRONC
06-06-2013, 01:18 PM
And I hope I win the next lottery.

I pray that you do. If you should win you can make that appointment with Hair Club for Men. :D