PDA

View Full Version : Parents of Broncos assistant Eric Studesville killed in crash

Denver Native (Carol)
06-05-2013, 12:19 PM
The mother and father of Broncos running backs coach Eric Studesville were killed in an accident on Tuesday.

The Broncos confirmed on Wednesday that Al and Jan Studesville had died.

“Our most heartfelt condolences go to Eric Studesville and his entire family following the tragic loss of his parents, Al and Jan Studesville,” the team said in a statement. “We were devastated to learn of their passing today. Our thoughts and prayers are with Eric and his family, and our organization will support them however possible during this difficult time.”

rest - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/05/parents-of-broncos-assistant-eric-studesville-killed-in-crash/

My prayers for Eric and the Studesville family

Chef Zambini
06-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Sad, tragic horrible.

chazoe60
06-05-2013, 12:27 PM
That's terrible. I really appreciate Studs, he filled in admirably when McDaniels was fired. He seems like a good man and I feel for him.

BroncoJoe
06-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Very sad - thoughts and prayers to Eric and family.

GEM
06-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Oh man, that's terrible. :(

Bosco
06-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Very sad.

TXBRONC
06-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Oh my. My prayers go out to him and his family.

LTC Pain
06-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Oh my. My prayers go out to him and his family.

I'm with TX. Damn :(

OrangeHoof
06-05-2013, 04:22 PM
A tow truck swerved into their lane while they were riding motorcycles. I'll bet he didn't check his mirrors. Not seeing one cycle is understandable but two?

Toughest for the grandchildren.

spikerman
06-05-2013, 05:47 PM
That's incredibly sad. Eric's parents will have the best seats in the house as they watch the Broncos win the SB this year.

My prayers go out to the entire Studesville family.

Dapper Dan
06-05-2013, 06:10 PM
That's awful. He seems like a good person. Regardless, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Sad stuff. Thankfully, we have a great organization. He will have a lot of support, and rightfully so.

BeefStew25
06-05-2013, 07:39 PM
He has his old man around whe he was interim. And such a interim he was. You can tell by the way Studs has some great parents by the way he handled a tough situation.

BeefStew25
06-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Let me expand a little. Studs seems like a good person who is a good coach. Dudes like him make you want to do well for him, not because he is your boss, but because he isn't an ass.

Ball, Willis, Knomo, et al: help him make this season a good one for the memory of his folks.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2013, 11:10 AM
It was a somber start to an offseason workout.

Broncos head coach John Fox gathered his players and assistant coaches Wednesday morning and told them the parents of running backs coach Eric Studesville died in a Texas traffic accident.

Alfonso Studesville, 67, and his wife Janet Studesville, 68, were riding a motorcycle Tuesday on U.S. 54 when a truck towing a grain trailer veered into their lane and struck them head-on, according to a report by the ABC-TV affiliate in Amarillo, Texas.

rest - has some things about when Eric was growing up, and his parents

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23393734/broncos-mourn-loss-parents-running-backs-coach-eric-studesville

Chef Zambini
06-06-2013, 11:15 AM
I dont think I can read it

Dzone
06-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Devastating. Just breaks my heart to read this. My thoughts and prayers to Eric and his family. Just heard about this today at lunch. Studesville is a great coach and a great man and we are damn lucky to have him on the staff.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2013, 09:19 PM
from article:

According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, a truck driver diverted his attention from the road to pick up a candy bar, and it led to the deaths of the parents of Broncos running backs coach Eric Studesville.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen provided a private plane for Studesville and his family so they could travel back to Madison, Wis., to be with relatives.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23411492/report-parents-broncos-coach-studesville-killed-after-candy

Denver Native (Carol)
06-14-2013, 08:36 PM
from article:

Several of his Broncos players and coaches will be there for support. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen has provided a small plane for the group and others will be there on their own. The group includes running backs Knowshon Moreno, Jeremiah Johnson and Montee Ball, coaches Adam Gase, Dave Magazu and Tyke Tolbert, and trainer Steve “Greek” Antonopulos.

full article - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/06/14/broncos-group-to-attend-services-of-eric-studesvilles-parents/20101/

Chef Zambini
06-15-2013, 10:33 AM
there is no silver lining to this tragedy, it is just horribly, sad, tragic and senseless.