PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant vs. Demaryius Thomas: Which WR shines brighter?

Traveler
06-03-2013, 02:54 PM
By Bucky Brooks
Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network
Published: June 3, 2013 at 02:55 p.m

General managers and scouts will often give top draft picks three seasons of playing time before making definitive judgments about their abilities. This is to allow blue-chip prospects enough time to hone their skills and fully maximize their immense potential. Given that premise, I thought it would be fun to check in on the first two receivers selected in the 2010 NFL Draft: Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000208570/article/dez-bryant-vs-demaryius-thomas-which-wr-shines-brighter

Guess who wins.....

CrazyHorse
06-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Thomas started out injured his first season and had Tebow throwing to him in his second. Once he finally had a decent quarterback he had a breakout year. Considering their stats were pretty similar last year I'd still take DT as he's drama free unlike Dez.

CoachChaz
06-03-2013, 03:19 PM
My vote goes to the guy that doesnt punch his mom

TXBRONC
06-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah sure Bucky. :rolleyes:

chazoe60
06-03-2013, 06:30 PM
I'd take DT everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

MOtorboat
06-03-2013, 06:41 PM
I'd take DT everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Completely agree. I'm not sure I agree with Brooks conclusions on some of those aspects, but then again I typically avoid Cowboys games.

tomjonesrocks
06-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Character or quality of teammate should have been a category.

Poet
06-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Dez is a stud. He's probably been better than Thomas so far. Still, Dez has been in a better situation in regards to production.

SR
06-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Dez is a stud. He's probably been better than Thomas so far. Still, Dez has been in a better situation in regards to production.

He's also a ******* head case.

Poet
06-03-2013, 08:03 PM
He's also a ******* head case.

He needs some help.

SR
06-03-2013, 08:38 PM
He needs some help.

That's an understatement

Davii
06-03-2013, 08:48 PM
So, out of his five categories he goes 2-2 with one even. What gets me is "clutch" he gives to Dez. You can't get much more clutch than the overtime playoff game winning catch, run, stiff-arm, run, TD DT had.

Bucky is dead wrong in that assessment and certainly in his overall assessment.

chazoe60
06-03-2013, 09:06 PM
So, out of his five categories he goes 2-2 with one even. What gets me is "clutch" he gives to Dez. You can't get much more clutch than the overtime playoff game winning catch, run, stiff-arm, run, TD DT had.

Bucky is dead wrong in that assessment and certainly in his overall assessment.

Yeah, that one got me too. How can you be considered more clutch than anyone when you've yet to play in a big game.

chazoe60
06-03-2013, 09:10 PM
In fact the inly clutch or anti clutch moment I can think of with Des Bryant was an "almost" catch at the end of a game in the back of the endzone in which his hand came down OOB. It may have been a Thanksgiving game.

Poet
06-03-2013, 09:14 PM
In fact the inly clutch or anti clutch moment I can think of with Des Bryant was an "almost" catch at the end of a game in the back of the endzone in which his hand came down OOB. It may have been a Thanksgiving game.

He actually had a ton of huge catches for the Cowboys last year. Especially in the second half of the year. He scored a huge TD against the Bengals in the closing minutes. He's been fine in the clutch department.

Dez Bryant is that guy who you know is better than most other players at his position. You still are happy to have your guy, who may be a little worse because of other issues. You can make an argument that Bryant is better than Green. I'd cry tears of blood if Cincinnati made that swap.

Denver fans should feel the same way about Thomas.

TXBRONC
06-03-2013, 10:58 PM
He actually had a ton of huge catches for the Cowboys last year. Especially in the second half of the year. He scored a huge TD against the Bengals in the closing minutes. He's been fine in the clutch department.

Dez Bryant is that guy who you know is better than most other players at his position. You still are happy to have your guy, who may be a little worse because of other issues. You can make an argument that Bryant is better than Green. I'd cry tears of blood if Cincinnati made that swap.

Well they couldn't have been that clutch because they still didn't make the playoffs. IIRC he had an opportunity make huge catch that would have went a long way in getting the Cowboys to the playoffs and he blew it.

Poet
06-03-2013, 10:59 PM
He was really clutch. Again, you can't hold him responsible for his team.

BeefStew25
06-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Dez's mom is a prostitute. Bay Bay's deal drugs. Bay Bay wins.

TXBRONC
06-03-2013, 11:04 PM
He was really clutch. Again, you can't hold him responsible for his team.

That's weak sauce King. Not making the catch in the back of the end zone is on Dez not his teammates.

BeefStew25
06-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Dez is going to eff up off the field in a major way. We all know it is coming.

Dapper Dan
06-04-2013, 07:14 AM

Yeah. But, ya know, that's just the Bengals. ;)

Chef Zambini
06-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Character or quality of teammate should have been a category.
tell joe.

Chef Zambini
06-04-2013, 11:43 AM
dez is NOT even his teams top reciever, that honor goes to their TE.
ther TE is the most reliable, he is the one that romo looks for during "clutch' situations.
Dez is plan B.
Dez was on my fantasy team last year.
I would still draft him over DT in the same spot, however...
thats just fantasy, I would prefer to have DT in the bronco uniform and what he contributes to our offense.
DT may catch 75-85 balls this season, dez will get 100.
if they traded teams, I thnik DT would do more thaN DEZ AS A COWBOY AND dez would be less productive as a bronco.

CoachChaz
06-04-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm forced to watch pretty much every Cowboys game. I cant stand the kid, but he does come up big in big scenarios. Most of the time the rest of his team screws the pooch, but I've seen quite a few clutch moments from him. Yeah, he blows a few too, but the big plays certainly outweigh the bad ones.

Not saying DT cant be clutch, but I dont think he's had to do it as much due to the ability of his teammates. The playoff game against the Steelers could be clutch, I guess...if catching an every day 10 yard slant and relying on bad coverage andGod given speed is considered clutch.

Dzone
06-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Was that Megatron?

GEM
06-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Dmac and Al were having this argument a couple days ago. Al doesn't seem to like Thomas at all, with some stupid line that he didn't call Rod Smith special, why would he call Thomas special....well if you don't think Rod Smith was special, you're a ******* moron and I don't need to listen to shit that comes out of his mouth. Meanwhile he's all over Dez like he's the coming of Jesus.

TXBRONC
06-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Dmac and Al were having this argument a couple days ago. Al doesn't seem to like Thomas at all, with some stupid line that he didn't call Rod Smith special, why would he call Thomas special....well if you don't think Rod Smith was special, you're a ******* moron and I don't need to listen to shit that comes out of his mouth. Meanwhile he's all over Dez like he's the coming of Jesus.

It's poor logic at best.

chazoe60
06-05-2013, 02:07 PM
See this thread>>>http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/544910-Alfred-Williams-is-an-idiot

Alfred Williams is dumber than a box of hair.