PDA

View Full Version : The Morning After....

Jody
11-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Not to get anyone's hopes 'up', but this thread
pertains to Thanksgiving only.:laugh:

THIS is my favorite day from the holiday weekend---when it's 'over'. :D

Did you all have a nice Thanksgiving?

Do you enjoy your family....and be HONEST. ;)

You are safe here.

DISCLAIMER: All thread-killing is allowed in this thread.

SR
11-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Yesterday flat out sucked. Worst Thanksgiving ever. It started out okay..we played a flag football game against the firefighters and cops, but after that, poop hit the fan like I've never seen it before. We had two planes air abort (grounding maintenance problems while flying), multiple other maintenance issues and no planes took off on time yesterday (or so far today). The 379 Aerospace Expeditionary Wing (the host unit here) Commander (a one-star General) came in and since we were all busy no one called the room to attention (no one knew he came in). He didn't say anything then, but he must have said something to our squadron commander (a major) because after that he came in and after that the Maintenance Group Vice Commander (Lt Colonel) came in. I guess they were all just 'testing' us out to see if we'd render the proper courtesy to them. Long story short, we got f**ked continuously yesterday. Today hasn't been much better.

On top of all of that, I quit tobacco all together last Sunday and I haven't slept for crap since then. :mad:

You're great Jody and KCL and everyone else.

Jody
11-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Yesterday flat out sucked. Worst Thanksgiving ever. It started out okay..we played a flag football game against the firefighters and cops, but after that, poop hit the fan like I've never seen it before. We had two planes air abort (grounding maintenance problems while flying), multiple other maintenance issues and no planes took off on time yesterday (or so far today). The 379 Aerospace Expeditionary Wing (the host unit here) Commander (a one-star General) came in and since we were all busy no one called the room to attention (no one knew he came in). He didn't say anything then, but he must have said something to our squadron commander (a major) because after that he came in and after that the Maintenance Group Vice Commander (Lt Colonel) came in. I guess they were all just 'testing' us out to see if we'd render the proper courtesy to them. Long story short, we got f**ked continuously yesterday. Today hasn't been much better.

On top of all of that, I quit tobacco all together last Sunday and I haven't slept for crap since then. :mad:

Not to mock your situation, SR...but sometimes I think I'd prefer to be in Iraq than spend an entire day with my family. Sorry - but true. :laugh:

Dang - when we had pm'd, earlier in the morning - you were having a really good morning playing around! Sorry it went downhill from there, and with torpedo-like speed. So were there any consequences for the squadron by not 'coming to attention'? Like...you know...a 1,000 push-ups girl-style. :D

Nomad
11-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Overall, I had a great day with my wife and children. No family up here so we invited friends over watched football and played Disney's Scene It (you'd think with kids I'd be better at the Disney shows). I did most of the cooking but didn't eat much because I've been having major pains in my upper abdomen especially after eating. I guess I'll have to quit being stubborn and see a doctor! Anyway Jody, we had a great day but I can't get use to having a white Thanksgiving because it snowed the night before!

SR
11-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Not to mock your situation, SR...but sometimes I think I'd prefer to be in Iraq than spend an entire day with my family. Sorry - but true. :laugh:

Dang - when we had pm'd, earlier in the morning - you were having a really good morning playing around! Sorry it went downhill from there, and with torpedo-like speed. So were there any consequences for the squadron by not 'coming to attention'? Like...you know...a 1,000 push-ups girl-style. :D

No real consequences. We were working, so what the hell could we do? I mean, there's respect, then there's someone being full of themself.

Anyhoo...I'm off work now and I'm gonna finish watching the CU/NEB game and see how it pans out. Right now CU is down 28-17, but they were up 17-7 at one point.Grr.

KCL
11-23-2007, 03:44 PM
My day was pretty good.Just myself,hubby and our 2 kids.Hubby
helped me with the food or got in the way...I havent decided which.

Ate...but not too much.Watched football,was on here,did laundry and took a
little nap.

We got a little bit of snow the day before.Just a dusting but it was
cold and is today too.

KCL
11-23-2007, 03:45 PM

Thanks SR...The feeling is mutual.:D

Jody
11-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Overall, I had a great day with my wife and children. No family up here so we invited friends over watched football and played Disney's Scene It (you'd think with kids I'd be better at the Disney shows). I did most of the cooking but didn't eat much because I've been having major pains in my upper abdomen especially after eating. I guess I'll have to quit being stubborn and see a doctor! Anyway Jody, we had a great day but I can't get use to having a white Thanksgiving because it snowed the night before!

Nothing sexier than 'a MAN in the kitchen'. :D Good for you my friend!

upper abdomen....sounds like hiatus hernia OR ulcer....hunch. Do look into that Nomad.

It snowed here Wednesday - and it was beautiful, but then.....it just got darn cold. Back to layering and wearing bulky clothing. Dog gone it. :D

Jody
11-23-2007, 06:46 PM
My day was pretty good.Just myself,hubby and our 2 kids.Hubby
helped me with the food or got in the way...I havent decided which.

Ate...but not too much.Watched football,was on here,did laundry and took a
little nap.

We got a little bit of snow the day before.Just a dusting but it was
cold and is today too.

No kidding, KCL. What the heck happened to 75 degrees we had on Monday? I'm still in shock! Burrrrrr.

Glad to hear you had an 'okay' holiday, as did I. My favorite part of it? It's over! :D

KCL
11-23-2007, 06:51 PM
No kidding, KCL. What the heck happened to 75 degrees we had on Monday? I'm still in shock! Burrrrrr.

Glad to hear you had an 'okay' holiday, as did I. My favorite part of it? It's over! :D

I know...we got some nice Nov weather.Had the windows open.It was just
a tease as we know it wouldn't last.:mad:

Jody
11-23-2007, 06:52 PM
I know...we got some nice Nov weather.Had the windows open.It was just
a tease as we know it wouldn't last.:mad:

But yesterday, with windchill...it was 7-degrees.

How can we differentiate our temps by nearly 70-degrees? OMG! :scared:

I'm going to have to move in a few years.

KCL
11-23-2007, 06:55 PM
But yesterday, with windchill...it was 7-degrees.

How can we differentiate our temps by nearly 70-degrees? OMG! :scared:

I'm going to have to move in a few years.

In a few years? Where to? Kansas City?:laugh:

Jody
11-23-2007, 06:57 PM
In a few years? Where to? Kansas City?:laugh:

Oh no....it has to be 'balmy' to keep my skin young looking. :laugh:

And you know what they say about BS'ers...

KCL
11-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Oh no....it has to be 'balmy' to keep my skin young looking. :laugh:

And you know what they say about BS'ers...

Are you calling me a BS'er?:tsk:

Jody
11-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Are you calling me a BS'er?:tsk:

Actually...I was referring to um-wah...myself. But, I'm very accommodating. If you are the BS-er, then 'so be it'!

KCL
11-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Actually...I was referring to um-wah...myself. But, I'm very accommodating. If you are the BS-er, then 'so be it'!

well BS could mean alot of things? What does it mean in this case?