http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ASw3xqw4NtU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVPXrEh0y_k

Maybe my new favorite player. No homo.

Poet
06-02-2013, 03:33 PM
I'm almost scared to watch this.

Dapper Dan
06-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Media guy: "You finished 10th in player of the year voting. How did that happen?"

Hibbert: "Cuz yall mother******s don't watch us play."

Poet
06-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Media guy: "You finished 10th in player of the year voting. How did that happen?"

Hibbert: "Cuz yall mother******s don't watch us play."

Next Ron Artest/Dennis Rodman?

Dapper Dan
06-02-2013, 04:00 PM

Hopefully it doesn't go that far. I don't think he will be known for fighting or cross-dressing. Who knows.

Poet
06-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Hopefully it doesn't go that far. I don't think he will be known for fighting or cross-dressing. Who knows.

Apparently he has just been destroying Miami.

Dapper Dan
06-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Apparently he has just been destroying Miami.

Which is reason enough to like him.

Poet
06-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Which is reason enough to like him.

True.

OrangeHoof
06-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Miami will win Game 7. If the NBA can't throw the series to the Lakers, they'll throw it to the Heat. This is a star-driven league and the suits in NY would slit their throats if they got stuck with a SA-IND finals with no big stars.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Pacers’ Hibbert Fined $75K For ‘Inappropriate And Vulgar’ Language

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/06/02/pacers-hibbert-fined-75k-for-inappropriate-and-vulgar-language/

Poet
06-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Pacers’ Hibbert Fined $75K For ‘Inappropriate And Vulgar’ Language

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/06/02/pacers-hibbert-fined-75k-for-inappropriate-and-vulgar-language/

Expected. I think 75k is too much.

OrangeHoof
06-02-2013, 08:14 PM
So no homo no mo?

BigDaddyBronco
06-02-2013, 09:07 PM
It's nice to watch a big man play like one. Jump hooks, good hands, defensive presence. I love this guy.

BeefStew25
06-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Plus anytime someone calls out the media being lazy! I become a fan.

chazoe60
06-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Plus anytime someone calls out the media being lazy! I become a fan.

Cue MO's blind support for all media, especially fish-wrap. ;)

BroncoWave
06-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Miami will win Game 7. If the NBA can't throw the series to the Lakers, they'll throw it to the Heat. This is a star-driven league and the suits in NY would slit their throats if they got stuck with a SA-IND finals with no big stars.

I agree that an Indiana-San Antonio finals would be a disaster for the NBA in terms of ratings, but to say there would be no big stars in that series it stretching it. Duncan is a first-ballot HOFer and Parker and Ginobili are both stars.

MOtorboat
06-02-2013, 11:43 PM
Cue MO's blind support for all media, especially fish-wrap. ;)

Cue Chaz's idiot self.

I fully agree with Hibbard. Oops.

So, $75,000 fine for something that doesn't affect the game. $5,000 for something that does. David Stern is a douche.

BroncoWave
06-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Cue Chaz's idiot self.

I fully agree with Hibbard. Oops.

So, $75,000 fine for something that doesn't affect the game. $5,000 for something that does. David Stern is a douche.

While I agree that stern is a douche, I would guess that any commissioner would fine a player more for a remark perceived as "anti-gay" than he would for something equivalent to flopping. As big a media storm as the pro-gay rights movement is getting, no league commissioner wants the kind of bad publicity that comes with remarks like Hibbert's.

I agree it's stupid, but I think any commish would do the same thing.

BroncoWave
06-03-2013, 12:07 AM
And given that an NBA player just came out, I would say the league is trying extra hard not to appear homophobic in any way.

Dapper Dan
06-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Teehee. You said extra hard.

MOtorboat
06-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Let me put it this way...

I'm not going to stop watching basketball because a player said a perceived "gay slur" but I do turn the channel when all the Italian soccer league flopping starts. I'm guessing I'm very close to their target audience (male, 25-40) and my assertion would be most of their target audience feels the same way.

BeefStew25
06-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Wow Mo the Lib confirmed he is No Homo

BroncoWave
06-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Colin Cowherd made a good point this morning, similar to what I was saying. Since Hibbert is the first person to make any sort of remark that could be considered homophobic since Jason Collins came out, Stern is making an example out of him.

While I think people are FAR too sensitive about comments like that, I can see where Stern is coming from from a business perspective.

BeefStew25
06-03-2013, 12:19 PM

No, I don't see that at all. He seems stable and normal. I like him and i hope he publicly fists LeBron tonight.

CoachChaz
06-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Not being gay, I dont know if it's even close to the same, but what would Hibbert's reaction be if a gay man said "no nigga"?

I'm not bashing Hibbert for what he said. I like the guy and I dont find offense with it, but then again...I'm not gay. So maybe the question should be...what if he said something that a white person found insulting? How many here would still be on his side then?

The NBA had to do something. Just like they would if he said something about a white guy or if a white guy said something about a black guy, etc. These are new times we live in. Gay is apparently a race, now.

chazoe60
06-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Not being gay, I dont know if it's even close to the same, but what would Hibbert's reaction be if a gay man said "no nigga"?

I'm not bashing Hibbert for what he said. I like the guy and I dont find offense with it, but then again...I'm not gay. So maybe the question should be...what if he said something that a white person found insulting? How many here would still be on his side then?

The NBA had to do something. Just like they would if he said something about a white guy or if a white guy said something about a black guy, etc. These are new times we live in. Gay is apparently a race, now.

What would he say to offend white people? Cracka say what? People are too easily offended these days.

CoachChaz
06-03-2013, 03:45 PM
What would he say to offend white people? Cracka say what? People are too easily offended these days.

I dont know..."Why cant Miller guard you?"

"Because he's white"

MOtorboat
06-03-2013, 05:58 PM

"Because he's white"

That would just be fact...

Joking aside, I bet he wouldn't get a $75,000 fine for it. My biggest problem is that the difference between playing fines and speaking fines are so outrageously different.

chazoe60
06-03-2013, 06:07 PM

"Because he's white"

He would instantly become my favorite basketball player if he said that. :laugh:

Dapper Dan
06-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know any homersexuals? I'm still wondering if "no homo" is offensive. Someone should go start a poll on the 49ers thread or something.

Also, he said MFer. I still think that was a large portion of the fine, but I can't be sure. They don't exactly have it split up on a receipt.

BeefStew25
06-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Well, he called out the lazy media with an MFer, then caused Stern's head to explode with the homo deal.

chazoe60
06-03-2013, 10:50 PM
I didn't watch the game, how bad was the officiating?

No way Stern was gonna let there be a SA vs. Ind finals. :laugh:

BeefStew25
06-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Pacers had too many turnovers. I watched from a Miami sports bar, and I hate Heat fans. Hate.

Dapper Dan
06-03-2013, 11:32 PM
I heard Indy got fined $250,000 for not showing up.

Poet
06-04-2013, 01:30 AM
I heard Indy got fined $250,000 for not showing up.

When Miami plays like they're capable of they are almost unbeatable. It can get out of hand real fast.

BroncoWave
06-04-2013, 09:23 AM
When Miami plays like they're capable of they are almost unbeatable. It can get out of hand real fast.

Yeah, I found it absolutely laughable that over half the people in ESPN's poll picked the Pacers to win last night. LeBron is not going to let his team lose a game 7 at home, especially if it's not even the finals yet. There was zero chance Indy was winning that game last night.

CoachChaz
06-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I found it absolutely laughable that over half the people in ESPN's poll picked the Pacers to win last night. LeBron is not going to let his team lose a game 7 at home, especially if it's not even the finals yet. There was zero chance Indy was winning that game last night.

It shouldnt have even got to a game 7. Despite the fact Indy should have won game 1, the Heat are the Yankees of the NBA.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-04-2013, 02:12 PM
I didn't watch the game, how bad was the officiating?

No way Stern was gonna let there be a SA vs. Ind finals. :laugh:

Miami was doubling Hibbert and West as soon as they got the ball. That's something new that Miami hasn't been doing all series and the Pacers didn't know how to handle it. It resulted in a lot of turnovers and bad shots, which in turn caused the game to get out of hand pretty fast. Miami's coach doesn't get enough credit. He does a pretty good job.

Slick
06-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Why did he say no homo in the first video? I have watched it 3 times and i dont get it. The second video is broken.

slim
06-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Why did he say no homo in the first video? I have watched it 3 times and i dont get it. The second video is broken.

They "stretched him out"....

slim
06-04-2013, 02:51 PM
They "stretched him out"....

No homo.

Slick
06-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Oh. I see. That's just dumb. Did you laugh at that slim?

slim
06-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Oh. I see. That's just dumb. Did you laugh at that slim?

No.

I like the other quote where he called out the media, though.

slim
06-04-2013, 02:57 PM
I am also laughing at anyone that got butt hurt over it.

Slick
06-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Yeah, i'm all for calling out the media and I agree that if anyone got butt hurt about no homo, they are idiots. It wasnt funny though. Sorry d baker. This thread is lost on me. Carry on guys.

BroncoJoe
06-04-2013, 03:08 PM
No homo.

2nd post of this nature. Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

slim
06-04-2013, 03:09 PM
2nd post of this nature. Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

I am going to use it for a few days, just to piss people off.

Dapper Dan
06-04-2013, 07:48 PM

I fixed the second video. Whoever had it on YouTube removed it. I found another one.

aberdien
06-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know any homersexuals? I'm still wondering if "no homo" is offensive. Someone should go start a poll on the 49ers thread or something.

Also, he said MFer. I still think that was a large portion of the fine, but I can't be sure. They don't exactly have it split up on a receipt.

I'm sure some find it offensive because the implication is that being homo is wrong in what he's saying. I doubt he thinks that way, cuz let's be real, we've all said shit like that, but in a world where gays are getting rights Hibbert can't say that stuff. He is a representative of the NBA, and if the NBA doesn't want their people to be saying things that might be offensive to somebody then they gotta do what they gotta do.

BroncoWave
06-04-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm sure some find it offensive because the implication is that being homo is wrong in what he's saying. I doubt he thinks that way, cuz let's be real, we've all said shit like that, but in a world where gays are getting rights Hibbert can't say that stuff. He is a representative of the NBA, and if the NBA doesn't want their people to be saying things that might be offensive to somebody then they gotta do what they gotta do.

Exactly, anyone who got offended by that needs to get over themselves, but with the fact that an NBA player just came out, Stern is going to crack down on stuff like this super hard. Gotta think before you speak at the podium.