PDA

View Full Version : AFC West Competition

Softskull
06-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Based on talent and eliminating catastrophic injuries as the great equalizer, it looks like we are a shoe in for the AFCW title again. That being said, I'm looking at those opponents that will give us the most trouble this year.

Kansas City: This team has potential. They start out with a talented defense from last year with four pro bowlers. They have upgraded at QB, Oline and head coach. They have a home run hitter at RB. They added solid veterans at FB and SS. They have a softer schedule and we play in KC in December. This team could win 10 games this year and we could easily meet them in our first round of the playoffs.

San Diego: A team in transition. Their coach knows our system well. They have too many holes from last year to fill with the Draft and free agency. They are shaky at QB, RB and Oline. They should be out of the AFCW title contest in November.

Oakland: Another transition team. Similar to San Diego but with less talent. They will be out of the AFCW title show in October.

Dzone
06-02-2013, 11:28 PM
It could be tougher than last year. Mccoy will make SD harder to beat, the walrus in KC will have them playing well with alex smith. Sorry we dont have matt cassell to kick around any more

BroncoWave
06-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Barring a Manning injury we're going to win the AFCW again this season. The only other team in think is going in the right direction is KC but they aren't there yet.

TXBRONC
06-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Actually I think the Chargers could make a playoff push. Rivers had bad year in 2011 and most of 2012 but about the last six weeks of year he was much better. They have a solid defense but lack pass rushers. Freeney helps but even if he returns to form they maintain status quo because they wont have much beyond him.

Chiefs also could challenge for playoff birth as well but I think Chargers have the best chance to compete.

Northman
06-03-2013, 07:40 AM
Im not scared of any of them.

TXBRONC
06-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Im not scared of any of them.

I'm not scared of them it's just that I see the Chargers having a chance to make the playoffs as a wild card.

topscribe
06-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Actually I think the Chargers could make a playoff push. Rivers had bad year in 2011 and most of 2012 but about the last six weeks of year he was much better. They have a solid defense but lack pass rushers. Freeney helps but even if he returns to form they maintain status quo because they wont have much beyond him.

Chiefs also could challenge for playoff birth as well but I think Chargers have the best chance to compete.
My thinking, to a degree. I believe the AFCW is going to be more competitive
than people may think. KC is a good team that last year lacked a QB and good
coach and had some injuries. This year, they have a competent QB, a good
coach, and they come in healthy. I think watch out for KC.

The Chargers have some holes, mainly a poor O-line, but they are good
enough that they could play spoiler and possibly even be playing for a Wild
Card spot.

The Broncos should win the Division, and handily on paper. But the games are
not played on paper. Every team they play this year will be gunning for them.
I have them somewhere between 11-5 and 13-3, but they had better not let
their guard down.

TXBRONC
06-03-2013, 08:38 AM
My thinking, to a degree. I believe the AFCW is going to be more competitive
than people may think. KC is a good team that last year lacked a QB and good
coach and had some injuries. This year, they have a competent QB, a good
coach, and they come in healthy. I think watch out for KC.

The Chargers have some holes, mainly a poor O-line, but they are good
enough that they could play spoiler and possibly even be playing for a Wild
Card spot.

The Broncos should win the Division, and handily on paper. But the games are
not played on paper. Every team they play this year will be gunning for them.
I have them somewhere between 11-5 and 13-3, but they had better not let
their guard down.

With the Chiefs I'm curious on how Andy Reid is going use Smith because historically he likes throwing the ball around the yard. If he does that with Smith I don't see that working out well for the Chiefs. I know they have Charles and he's one of the best backs in the League but is Reid going want run the ball as much as 49ers did with Gore?

Chef Zambini
06-03-2013, 08:38 AM
the cheifs chargers and raiders will win 15 games... combined !
We only have to focus on them when we play them!
We will get their best effort against us.
No team can be taken for granted.
Last year I projected we would go 6-0 in the division,
I expect the same this year.
These 6 games are the very reason why we are considered to have the easiest schedule in the NFL.

broncofaninfla
06-03-2013, 10:29 AM
As good as i feel about Denver it's a brnd new year and abything can happen. I like our chances but i'll wait and see how things play out before i get too confident.

BroncoJoe
06-03-2013, 11:10 AM
No idea what will happen, but I have a hard time believing the Raiders will be anything but turds, and don't have a lot of faith in Mike McCoy as a HC. The Chiefs are a wildcard in my mind. I have no idea what they'll be like.

TXBRONC
06-03-2013, 11:19 AM
No idea what will happen, but I have a hard time believing the Raiders will be anything but turds, and don't have a lot of faith in Mike McCoy as a HC. The Chiefs are a wildcard in my mind. I have no idea what they'll be like.

If Reid tries to have wide open offense like he did with Eagles I don't think will bode well for Smith.

rationalfan
06-03-2013, 01:36 PM
only one team from the AFC West will make the postseason. i think we know who it is going to be.

Magnificent Seven
06-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Personally, I can finally feel confident about our team. We will go 6-0 again. Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders are going to get torched so good.

P. Manning, D. Thomas, Decker, Welker, Dreessen, McGahee, and a college superstar Montee Ball. Moreover, Alex Gibbs might bring in more of a power-blocking style. Crazy offense!

Orange Crush Defense will raise some hell!

Chef Zambini
06-03-2013, 01:56 PM
only one team from the AFC West will make the postseason. i think we know who it is going to be..and for that very reason we will also get the very best from each of these "rivals" because we are the biggest PELT in the jungle.

BroncoJoe
06-03-2013, 02:39 PM

Just to clarify, I wasn't using the term "wildcard" as in playoffs. Wildcard as in Slang: An unpredictable or unforeseeable factor

Buff
06-03-2013, 02:59 PM
What competition? Just crown us already.

LTC Pain
06-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Chiefs - suck , but are an improving team and we better be prepared for them

Chargers - suck moderately

Raiders - suck at the outhouse level

End of AFC West assessment

BroncoWave
06-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Hell, even if Manning went down, if Osweiler is just halfway decent he could probably even limp us to the division title with the other talent we have. That's how little I think of our division.

Chef Zambini
06-04-2013, 11:26 AM
If Reid tries to have wide open offense like he did with Eagles I don't think will bode well for Smith.reid is going to stifle and underutilize his run game and talent.
He cant help himself, he is a pass junkie.
its what he knows.
its what he practices.
its what he relies on when he makes the gameplan and what he clings to during critical poarts of the game.
andy reid, pass junkie predictable.

Simple Jaded
06-04-2013, 11:46 PM
I think KC is a wildcard for a wildcard.

ShaneFalco
06-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Raiders will never be relevant again unless they get a new owner

Chef Zambini
06-05-2013, 02:25 AM
the raiders play their home games on a baseball field.
behold the dirt diamond in the middle of the field!
poor excuse for an NFL venue.
poor excuse for an NFL franchise.
poor excuse for an NFL team.

jameswoods14
06-11-2013, 08:56 PM
I think the Chiefs are the team to watch they were pretty good team last year, needing only a QB. Smith is a legitimate quarterback he showed that last year.

TXBRONC
06-11-2013, 09:18 PM
I think the Chiefs are the team to watch they were pretty good team last year, needing only a QB. Smith is a legitimate quarterback he showed that last year.

You're Chiefs fan aren't you? Because going 2-14 and having the overall number one pick is a far cry from being a good team.

jameswoods14
06-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Not a Chiefs fan but in the discussion about the AFC West competition I believe they are the second best team. They had a solid defense and no offense in the off-season they have made some changes to improve the offense.

jameswoods14
06-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Just for clarification though I am a bronco fan I believe they should repeat as division champs

Simple Jaded
06-16-2013, 09:19 PM
I'll be shocked if the Chefs don't win in double digits this season.