PDA

View Full Version : OH NO, ANOTHER TEBOW THREAD!! (with some interesting details about his days as a Bronco)

rationalfan
05-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know he's not a bronco anymore. but i'm posting this tebow story in here because it has some insights to his time with the team that i'd never read before (like his inability to remember the plays his coaches told him to run).

enjoy.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9318760/how-media-mania-made-former-nfl-quarterback-tim-tebow-impossible-hire-espn-magazine

SR
05-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Way to go Tebow fans.

Northman
05-31-2013, 01:56 PM
I had heard about the issues with the playbook before but this article is a good one. This paragraph pretty much sums up might feelings on it as well.

Even now, after Tebow cleared waivers unclaimed and with members of his camp privately admitting that his NFL run is probably over, the football world remains as divided as ever over him. It's nearly impossible to find a teammate who will say anything bad about Tebow as a person -- or a scout who will say anything good about him as a player. But the sports masses mostly side with the NFL personnel people. It's embarrassing and exhausting to discuss him, which makes it official: Tim Tebow has jumped the shark.

Chef Zambini
05-31-2013, 02:25 PM
tebow is officially a kardashian.
PS. I always assumed he wasnt too bright. the elephant in the room that no one dare speak.

Chef Zambini
05-31-2013, 02:28 PM
TT has alot of virtues.
the best thing about him is that he is no longer a bronco !
second only to his philanthropy.

MileHighCrew
05-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Kid will be gold on College Football morning show.

Slick
05-31-2013, 03:31 PM
I really thought he would get better as a passer. I was wrong.

SR
05-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Turns out all the mean shit, or what we thought at the time was mean shit, that Merrill Hoge said was spot on.

mopatt24
05-31-2013, 03:40 PM
After watching his QB special a while back, I didnt think he was too bright either. I think there's a place for him in the NFL. Not QB of course. The guy is big, strong, and got some speed on him. He should seriously consider a switch to defense.

Those Tebow faithfuls though....uuggh

SoCalImport
05-31-2013, 04:09 PM
Geez. Guess I'm lucky. Being this side of the pond I missed out on everything Tebow after he was no longer a Bronco.

SR
05-31-2013, 04:17 PM
After watching his QB special a while back, I didnt think he was too bright either. I think there's a place for him in the NFL. Not QB of course. The guy is big, strong, and got some speed on him. He should seriously consider a switch to defense.

Those Tebow faithfuls though....uuggh

He'd make a heckuva tight end IMO...if he can learn to read blitzes and whatnot.

BroncoWave
05-31-2013, 04:34 PM
He'd make a heckuva tight end IMO...if he can learn to read blitzes and whatnot.

I don't see why he couldn't. Some posters on here like to claim that he couldn't play TE since he has never done it and it would be tough to learn, but we see college QBs get drafted and switch to WR every year. If they can do it why can't Tebow?

SR
05-31-2013, 05:10 PM
I don't see why he couldn't. Some posters on here like to claim that he couldn't play TE since he has never done it and it would be tough to learn, but we see college QBs get drafted and switch to WR every year. If they can do it why can't Tebow?

The argument could be made that since he couldn't read a defense as a QB that played primarily in the shotgun there's no reason to believe he would be able to do it as a TE. Not saying I agree, just saying the argument could be made.

Dapper Dan
05-31-2013, 05:45 PM
He could just go to the Browns. They can't seem to win with a "traditional" quarterback.

I don't buy that he can be a tight end. If a team uses him as some type of FB or something, then I would throw it with him a few times here and there.

ShaneFalco
05-31-2013, 06:44 PM
jeez its like a never ending thing against tebow on these boards. Never seen so many ungrateful fans for a PLAYOFF WIN since 2005?

Its whatever. enjoy your bash. Im glad i dont feel the need to join in.

MOtorboat
05-31-2013, 06:53 PM
I am very grateful for what Tebow did.

SR
05-31-2013, 08:41 PM
jeez its like a never ending thing against tebow on these boards. Never seen so many ungrateful fans for a PLAYOFF WIN since 2005?

Its whatever. enjoy your bash. Im glad i dont feel the need to join in.

Hey. He's a swell guy and a shitty QB. That's the long and short of it.

Dapper Dan
05-31-2013, 08:43 PM
To be such a shitty QB, he has more playoff wins in a Broncos uniform than Manning and Cutler combined.

MOtorboat
05-31-2013, 08:44 PM
To be such a shitty QB, he has more playoff wins in a Broncos uniform than Manning and Cutler combined.

That doesn't make him a good quarterback. It was a fun game, a strange, weird season, but he is, literally (not figuratively) one of the worst quarterbacks I have ever seen. And I'm not being hyperbolic as I'm wont to do. He WAS and IS that bad.

SR
05-31-2013, 08:47 PM

Makes no difference.

Dapper Dan
05-31-2013, 08:50 PM
He has below average footwork and accuracy. He's a below average is quarterback. There are a lot of those in the NFL. Just like it is someone's opinion that he's an awful QB, it's my opinion that it's exaggerated. He's not as bad as some think. He's not as good as others think.

Dapper Dan
05-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Makes no difference.

Makes a difference to me.

MOtorboat
05-31-2013, 08:53 PM
He has below average footwork and accuracy. He's a below average is quarterback. There are a lot of those in the NFL. Just like it is someone's opinion that he's an awful QB, it's my opinion that it's exaggerated. He's not as bad as some think. He's not as good as others think.

What is your opinion of Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf?

SR
05-31-2013, 09:03 PM
Makes a difference to me.

Cutler could've taken this team to places had McDaniels not interfered. Say what you will about his attitude and his tenure in Chicago but I believe the kid could have done awesome in the right situation. Cutler is still 2836x the QUARTERBACK Tebow is. And even mentioning Peyton in a Tebow comparison is just embarrassing.

Northman
05-31-2013, 09:03 PM
That doesn't make him a good quarterback. It was a fun game, a strange, weird season, but he is, literally (not figuratively) one of the worst quarterbacks I have ever seen. And I'm not being hyperbolic as I'm wont to do. He WAS and IS that bad.

Yes, but to guys like DF it makes total sense because you know.... :lol:

Northman
05-31-2013, 09:05 PM
Cutler could've taken this team to places had McDaniels not interfered. Say what you will about his attitude and his tenure in Chicago but I believe the kid could have done awesome in the right situation. Cutler is still 2836x the QUARTERBACK Tebow is. And even mentioning Peyton in a Tebow comparison is just embarrassing.

^This

Dzone
05-31-2013, 09:22 PM
He just needs to be on the right medication

MOtorboat
05-31-2013, 09:49 PM
I got nothing to do tonight, so I tuned into the Game Rewind of the Chicago game I was at, which I'd never watched.

He didn't complete a pass for 39 minutes of game time between the 4 minute mark of the first quarter and the 10 minute mark of the fourth quarter.

Think about that.

BeefStew25
05-31-2013, 09:51 PM
So. Get off it. We won. And me and Tubby pissed off an entire Bears contingent.

Dapper Dan
05-31-2013, 10:09 PM
What is your opinion of Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf?

It's hard to say. I don't have tape on them. And I think both of them were out of the NFL before I hit puberty. From what I hear, Leaf's leadership skills were not there.

Dapper Dan
05-31-2013, 10:09 PM
I got nothing to do tonight, so I tuned into the Game Rewind of the Chicago game I was at, which I'd never watched.

He didn't complete a pass for 39 minutes of game time between the 4 minute mark of the first quarter and the 10 minute mark of the fourth quarter.

Think about that.

How many passes attempted?

Dapper Dan
05-31-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm sorry you feel embarrassed. If I keep comparing them, will your head explode?

Peyton Manning is taller.
Tebow is stronger.
One went to Tennessee, the other went to Florida.
One never beat Florida, the other never lost to Tennessee.
They were both first round picks.

Do comparisons irritate you?

Dapper Dan
05-31-2013, 10:17 PM
He just needs to be on the right medication

Does adderall help?

SR
05-31-2013, 10:19 PM
I'm sorry you feel embarrassed. If I keep comparing them, will your head explode?

Peyton Manning is taller.
Tebow is stronger.
One went to Tennessee, the other went to Florida.
One never beat Florida, the other never lost to Tennessee.
They were both first round picks.

Do comparisons irritate you?

You know damn well what I mean smartass.

MOtorboat
05-31-2013, 10:22 PM
How many passes attempted?

11. 0 for 11 for 39 minutes. Pathetic.

MOtorboat
05-31-2013, 10:24 PM
It's hard to say. I don't have tape on them. And I think both of them were out of the NFL before I hit puberty. From what I hear, Leaf's leadership skills were not there.

If you were born in 2000, Tebow would be out of the league before you hit puberty too.

Rick
05-31-2013, 10:38 PM
I liked Tim as much as anyone else...as a human being, great kid, but come on guys...who are you kidding with comparing him to any half way decent QB?

Great kid, terrible passer.

Dapper Dan
05-31-2013, 11:05 PM
11. 0 for 11 for 39 minutes. Pathetic.

That's worse than Dustin Ackley lately.

Dapper Dan
05-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Is this thread different from any other Tebpw thread? From now on, whoever starts threads like these will hopefully stub their toe every night for a week.

tomjonesrocks
05-31-2013, 11:51 PM
It's too bad he can't fit in someplace, but his yapping brother and lying agent ruined Tebow for me.

**** him. After his agent blamed Denver and his brother celebrated Rahim Moore shitting the bed I could give a ****. Earn a paycheck like the rest of us.

BroncoWave
06-01-2013, 12:26 AM
I do feel bad for him. He may not be able to throw the ball, but he is too talented of an athlete not to be on an NFL roster in some capacity. I do hope he catches on in Canada or the AFL or something like that.

In a weird way he reminds me of Peyton Hillis as an athlete. I think he could be that type of running back if he were to try that position.

Poet
06-01-2013, 01:32 AM
Turns out all the mean shit, or what we thought at the time was mean shit, that Merrill Hoge said was spot on.

Hoge did go out of his way to be a dick. I watched him almost get out of his chair to scream at someone else who defended Tebow. I really lost a lot of respect for Hoge at that point. It was during that winning streak as a Bronco IIRC.

Dapper Dan
06-01-2013, 02:38 AM
Hoge did go out of his way to be a dick. I watched him almost get out of his chair to scream at someone else who defended Tebow. I really lost a lot of respect for Hoge at that point. It was during that winning streak as a Bronco IIRC.

Mike Ditka put him in his place once. Ditka yelled at him and he was like "Why are you yelling at me? :(" It was funny.

gregbroncs
06-01-2013, 07:26 AM
The run Tebow helped the Broncos make was fun. The credit he got for the run was pathetic.
If Tebow could pass at all he would still be a QB in the NFL. He can't. He was the worst passing QB I've ever seen in the NFL.
This was a good article and I'm glad it was posted so I could read it.

Dapper Dan
06-01-2013, 07:35 AM
It amazes me how a pathetic quarterback who CAN'T pass can win football games in the NFL. I guess it's a good thing we had luck. I would think the NFL would be tough enough that a quarterback of his caliber wouldn't be able to win like he did. Crazy stuff. I just don't see how any quarterback with a halfway decent arm could fail. Yet they do. I guess there's not enough luck to go around. I sure hope our Broncos get some luck, because last year was nothing short of a disappointment. Does anyone have a four leaf clover?

BroncoJoe
06-01-2013, 07:50 AM
I don't really care one way or another. It was a fun ride that year he started the last few games and that playoff win ranks pretty high in my book (in terms of excitement).

That said, I'm glad he and is fanfare is not here. I wonder, though, if Manning would have come here had we not made the playoffs. I don't think we would have with Orton remaining the starter.

SR
06-01-2013, 09:05 AM

He's a faggot anyway, but he was right about Tebow's skill.

Ravage!!!
06-01-2013, 10:33 AM
I don't really care one way or another. It was a fun ride that year he started the last few games and that playoff win ranks pretty high in my book (in terms of excitement).

That said, I'm glad he and is fanfare is not here. I wonder, though, if Manning would have come here had we not made the playoffs. I don't think we would have with Orton remaining the starter.

I don't t hink the playoff win was anything to Manning's consideration. He could see, just as much as everyone else, the luck that was involved around those wins... and especially that win. It's not like our team looked GOOD, and our offense was pathetic.

Now I know you will say "yeah, but that shows we could win with a pathetic QB"....but I think Elway, and Elway's vision, was what brought Manning here.

Ravage!!!
06-01-2013, 10:36 AM
It amazes me how a pathetic quarterback who CAN'T pass can win football games in the NFL. I guess it's a good thing we had luck. I would think the NFL would be tough enough that a quarterback of his caliber wouldn't be able to win like he did. Crazy stuff. I just don't see how any quarterback with a halfway decent arm could fail. Yet they do. I guess there's not enough luck to go around. I sure hope our Broncos get some luck, because last year was nothing short of a disappointment. Does anyone have a four leaf clover?

Luck does happen, and is needed to be successful for a season in th eNFL. But it doesn't sustain. Tebow used up a decade worth as the starter.

Ravage!!!
06-01-2013, 10:39 AM

Wow... and Brad Johnson has more Super Bowl wins than Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, and Dan Fouts combined!!

Northman
06-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Wow... and Brad Johnson has more Super Bowl wins than Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, and Dan Fouts combined!!

Lmao, Ouch.

CrazyHorse
06-01-2013, 02:01 PM
D is for Lysdexia!

Simple Jaded
06-01-2013, 07:27 PM
I can't believe that db is so ungrateful for everything Cutler and Manning has done for him.

Poet
06-01-2013, 08:02 PM
He's a faggot anyway, but he was right about Tebow's skill.

Well he sort of was. Some of the comments he made were as good as Tebow's quarterbacking. The stuff about how it was impossible to win with Tebow. He started once to talk about how Tebow lacked athleticism in a general sense once. He stopped. I was sad.

There were plenty of people who doubted Tebow's QB ability. Most of them were reasonable and didn't embarrass themselves on a daily basis. Hoge was not one of them. His Tebow take coupled with his completely average "analysis," makes him as useful as a train without tracks.

SR
06-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Well he sort of was. Some of the comments he made were as good as Tebow's quarterbacking. The stuff about how it was impossible to win with Tebow. He started once to talk about how Tebow lacked athleticism in a general sense once. He stopped. I was sad.

There were plenty of people who doubted Tebow's QB ability. Most of them were reasonable and didn't embarrass themselves on a daily basis. Hoge was not one of them. His Tebow take coupled with his completely average "analysis," makes him as useful as a train without tracks.

Choochoo nigga!

Poet
06-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Choochoo nigga!

I grinned and facepalmed when I read this.

SR
06-01-2013, 09:07 PM
I grinned and facepalmed when I read this.

It'll probably get deleted

Poet
06-01-2013, 09:14 PM
It'll probably get deleted

It shouldn't. If half of the dribble on this site can stand, that can stand. Are you watching the Penguins game?

gregbroncs
06-01-2013, 09:28 PM
It amazes me how a pathetic quarterback who CAN'T pass can win football games in the NFL. I guess it's a good thing we had luck. I would think the NFL would be tough enough that a quarterback of his caliber wouldn't be able to win like he did. Crazy stuff. I just don't see how any quarterback with a halfway decent arm could fail. Yet they do. I guess there's not enough luck to go around. I sure hope our Broncos get some luck, because last year was nothing short of a disappointment. Does anyone have a four leaf clover?He did not win. The team did. This is the problem with the Tebow fans.

He ran an offense that was not usual in the NFL. It succeeded in large part because of that. He is a hell of an athlete. We also had other RB's and an outstanding defense.

SR
06-01-2013, 09:38 PM
It shouldn't. If half of the dribble on this site can stand, that can stand. Are you watching the Penguins game?

No.

Poet
06-01-2013, 09:46 PM
No.

I feel let down.

Dzone
06-01-2013, 09:46 PM
"Tebow just needs a chance and he will be a star QB":coffee:

MOtorboat
06-01-2013, 09:47 PM
"Tebow just needs a chance and he will be a star QB":coffee:

:laugh:

He had the chance.

SR
06-01-2013, 10:02 PM
I feel let down.

I had to go in to work in service dress because some ******* in my squadron got a DUI. I missed out on dinner and the plans my wife and I had tonight. Hockey wasn't on my mind.

Poet
06-01-2013, 10:04 PM
I had to go in to work in service dress because some ******* in my squadron got a DUI. I missed out on dinner and the plans my wife and I had tonight. Hockey wasn't on my mind.

Sack-tap that dude.

SR
06-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Sack-tap that dude.

He'll get punished enough by our commander.

Poet
06-01-2013, 10:09 PM
He'll get punished enough by our commander.

I can't imagine that it's a good thing to piss that guy off?

Davii
06-02-2013, 12:02 AM
I can't imagine that it's a good thing to piss that guy off?

Non Judicial Punishment (NJP), Max punishment reduction of one rank, forfeiture of half pay for two months, 45 days restriction and 45 days extra duty or 60 days restriction without extra duty.

Covered by article 15 of the uniform code of military justice.

Simple Jaded
06-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Time for a Code Red.

Poet
06-02-2013, 01:04 AM
Non Judicial Punishment (NJP), Max punishment reduction of one rank, forfeiture of half pay for two months, 45 days restriction and 45 days extra duty or 60 days restriction without extra duty.

I'm not an expert on this, and I've never served. I don't mean to irk anyone when I say this, but that seems fair? I know you didn't say anything about fairness, you just explained the consequences.

Davii
06-02-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm not an expert on this, and I've never served. I don't mean to irk anyone when I say this, but that seems fair? I know you didn't say anything about fairness, you just explained the consequences.

How do you mean? You understand when you join the military that you are subject to the UCMJ. Most times your charges for a DUI at an NJP are for failure to follow a lawful order, etc, etc.

You're held to a higher standard in the military. So, yes, it's fair in my opinion.

Think about it like this King... Say you get a DUI. It shows in the local paper that a local man was arrested for DUI, stuck in the back of the paper with everyone else that screwed up. Now, a Marine gets a DUI, instead of "local man" it's "Marine Sergeant" gets DUI, it's on page two, and there's an accompanying chart showing how many Marines have been arrested by the local cops for all manner of things....

Now, that Marine has to serve 7 days in jail for the DUI, he misses a field op... Now he has to go to court ordered alcohol classes and has to stay behind while his unit goes to Afghanistan. The unit is now shorthanded on his job (we'll say supply clerk) causing the supply section to work longer hours in country to maintain the same level of service to the war fighters, etc.

There's a lot of reasons we hold and enforce a higher standard but first and foremost is accountability.

Poet
06-02-2013, 02:00 AM
I meant, that is fair, Davii. I don't think it's unfair.

Davii
06-02-2013, 02:04 AM
I meant, that is fair, Davii. I don't think it's unfair.

Ah, the question mark threw me.

SR
06-02-2013, 09:36 AM

He can take up to three stripes as a LtCol. He told us that yesterday. He flat out told us that the kid, who is an E-3, will have no stripes, will be docked half a month's pay for two months, will have 45 days base restriction, 60 days extra duty, and no driving on base for a year. In his face.

Davii
06-02-2013, 11:00 AM
He can take up to three stripes as a LtCol. He told us that yesterday. He flat out told us that the kid, who is an E-3, will have no stripes, will be docked half a month's pay for two months, will have 45 days base restriction, 60 days extra duty, and no driving on base for a year. In his face.

Squadron level (Battalion for me and Army) can double the punishment, I was assuming they'd handle it at the company level which really wouldn't make sense anyway. But the LtCol can take two ranks, which as an E3 would make him an E1... So he plans on maxing him eh? With today's cutbacks, etc, he won't be allowed re-enlistment when the time comes.

SR
06-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Squadron level (Battalion for me and Army) can double the punishment, I was assuming they'd handle it at the company level which really wouldn't make sense anyway. But the LtCol can take two ranks, which as an E3 would make him an E1... So he plans on maxing him eh? With today's cutbacks, etc, he won't be allowed re-enlistment when the time comes.

We don't have company. We have Officers in our squadron other than our Commander but they aren't in positions that allow then to dish out NJP. And right now the Air Force is doing date of separation rollbacks for people like this kid who have Article 15s, unfavorable information files, and/or a control roster placement (which prevents people from PCSing, testing for promotion, etc). The kid basically buried himself.

Davii
06-02-2013, 02:29 PM
We don't have company. We have Officers in our squadron other than our Commander but they aren't in positions that allow then to dish out NJP. And right now the Air Force is doing date of separation rollbacks for people like this kid who have Article 15s, unfavorable information files, and/or a control roster placement (which prevents people from PCSing, testing for promotion, etc). The kid basically buried himself.

Really, so the LtCol is the lowest level with Art. 15 authority? That sucks.

We're doing the same thing, making it easier to force people out. Hell, if we have to shrink anyway the people who can't maintain standards should be the first to go.

The big push in the Marines, it seems, is seriously enforcing the weight standards and pushing out the chubby kids.

SR
06-02-2013, 02:39 PM

We're doing the same thing, making it easier to force people out. Hell, if we have to shrink anyway the people who can't maintain standards should be the first to go.

The big push in the Marines, it seems, is seriously enforcing the weight standards and pushing out the chubby kids.

Just in our squadron. Other squadron commanders are Majors. If the commander is on leave and a captain or major is filling in during that time he would become the NJP authority. But my squadron is 700 people and divided up in to two different "Aircraft Maintenance Units" each with their own CoC, but ultimately NJP goes through the squadron commander.

Poet
06-02-2013, 03:02 PM
So this guy just destroyed his military career?

SR
06-02-2013, 03:08 PM
So this guy just destroyed his military career?

Yep

Poet
06-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Yep

I guess if you don't want the punishment, don't get a DUI.

SR
06-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I guess if you don't want the punishment, don't get a DUI.

Driving drunk is gambling with other people's money. He blew a .16. That's like shooting a pistol down a street. He's lucky he didn't kill anyone, to include the two dumbasses in the car with him. I don't feel bad for the kid.

LTC Pain
06-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Tebow isn't worthy of holding PM's jock strap!

gregbroncs
06-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Tebow isn't worthy of holding PM's jock strap!But Tebow won a wild card playoff game!

A game Manning didn't have to play in. Because they did not lose 3 straight games to close the season out. :)

vandammage13
06-05-2013, 09:37 AM

We are going to go back to peace time personnel numbers with AF and IQ winding down...With that the fattys are expendable and the military can be a little more picky again about who gets in.

Remember at the height of Iraq, the Pentagon relaxed the standards on allowing people in with tattoos that would be visible while wearing the uniform (neck/hand tattoos)...They needed the bodies...Now they don't need them...

Once another conflict arises (which won't be long IMO), the fattys will be back.