PDA

View Full Version : The meaning of preseason takeaways

Fan in Exile
09-05-2009, 12:32 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post?id=4294

The number of turnovers forced per game did not correlate from preseason to regular season in 2008. The statistical correlation produced a negative number (minus-.114). The more mathematical people in the community here can put that in perspective, but the greatest possible correlation is 1.0.

I thought this helped keep our defense in perspective for the preseason. We really don't know what's going to happen this year yet.

hoofpunch33
09-05-2009, 12:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post?id=4294

I thought this helped keep our defense in perspective for the preseason. We really don't know what's going to happen this year yet.

No we don't know how it will translate but if they didnt have any TOs this pre-season then certain fans would be saying, they didn't even cause one TO.

So, now that they did, and one was against the Cardinals starting offense, then now it doens't matter.

Funny how that is isn't it? :shots:

silkamilkamonico
09-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Not that it means anything either way, but preseason or not when was the last time Denver had a shutout? I don't have a clue.

Fan in Exile
09-05-2009, 04:11 PM
No we don't know how it will translate but if they didnt have any TOs this pre-season then certain fans would be saying, they didn't even cause one TO.

So, now that they did, and one was against the Cardinals starting offense, then now it doens't matter.

Funny how that is isn't it? :shots:

I have no idea what you're implying but I've never mentioned takeaways before when talking about this preseason. I just thought it was an interesting article that applied to what some people here had been talking about. There's nothing funny in that.

Superchop 7
09-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Not worried statistically.

I have faith in Nolans scheme.

He just needs the players.

hoofpunch33
09-06-2009, 12:04 PM
I have no idea what you're implying but I've never mentioned takeaways before when talking about this preseason. I just thought it was an interesting article that applied to what some people here had been talking about. There's nothing funny in that.

Yeah, I wasnt speaking about you, was I? If so, I am sorry. However, I have read several posts criticizing the defense for not causing any TOs.

Also, the fact that one of the 4 was against their starters...is good IMO.

Right? :coffee: