PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning shifting Broncos offense into overdrive during OTAs

Denver Native (Carol)
05-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Hurry, Ronnie Hillman! Move it, Orlando Franklin! Snap it, Manny Ramirez, snap it!

Whatever the assignments given to a Broncos offensive player this season, the edict is to complete it in a hurry.

Perhaps the No. 1 conversation topic in this Broncos' offseason has been about how fast the offense is trying to play.

"This is Peyton Manning at his best because he's trying to learn a new system himself, implementing the no-huddle and a faster tempo," Broncos defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson said following organized team activities (OTAs) Wednesday. "Those guys are getting their camaraderie down, and we've got to get ours, too, because they're going super fast."

rest - plus video - Decker
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23347242/peyton-manning-shifting-broncos-offense-into-overdrive-during

MOtorboat
05-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Please tell me Manny Ramirez is not the center.

TXBRONC
05-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Please tell me Manny Ramirez is not the center.

I don't know if that is what is meant but it's no big deal if he is because it is only OTAs.

rationalfan
05-29-2013, 08:07 PM
He is. Walton is still unable to practice, I believe. Not sure about Blake.

SR
05-30-2013, 07:56 AM
They need to re-sign Koppen if this is the case.

broncofaninfla
05-30-2013, 08:16 AM
I'm actually surprised we didn't bring Koppen back, he was a huge upgrade over Walton last year. Koppen seemed to be better at calling out blocking assignments. I'm curious how center will play out this year.

Slick
05-30-2013, 08:26 AM
The hurry up or no huddle could be deadly at altitude if it is used the right way.

Ravage!!!
05-30-2013, 10:29 AM
The hurry up or no huddle could be deadly at altitude if it is used the right way.

Agreed, and the thing I really like about this, is that it's getting out defense used to playing AGAINST this offense since...again..we know that Brady and the Patriots will be moving fast with it. The more practice we have against this kind of hurry up, speed, offense.... the more our defense won't look so out of sorts.

Mike
05-30-2013, 10:34 AM

With the caliber of talent we have it would be great...throw in the altitude...

Hopefully they get better at it though. Last year it got frantic when they attempted it and ended up just wasting series. It will be interesting to see if things slow down for our younger players as they get used to it.

Chef Zambini
05-30-2013, 01:51 PM
With the caliber of talent we have it would be great...throw in the altitude...

Hopefully they get better at it though. Last year it got frantic when they attempted it and ended up just wasting series. It will be interesting to see if things slow down for our younger players as they get used to it.manning also like to milk the clock too.
and a tired defense appreciates a chance to catch their breaths and convene.
Last thing THEY need is a 2 minute 3 and out.