PDA

View Full Version : Quentin Jammer signs with Denver

UnderArmour
05-29-2013, 06:19 PM
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/339882462299701248

CB Quentin Jammer signs with Broncos, per source with knowledge.

Chef Zambini
05-29-2013, 06:21 PM
he will move to safety.

Timmy!
05-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Didn't know he was even a free agent. Jammer was never great, but didn't suck either. He's getting old but I guess since the Broncos didn't land Woodson they were still looking for another DB. Works for me.

Davii
05-29-2013, 06:23 PM
he will move to safety.

It's possible. He might also become a camp cut.

Chef Zambini
05-29-2013, 06:25 PM
It's possible. He might also become a camp cut.thats why they have bactine.

TXBRONC
05-29-2013, 06:27 PM
This is funny because Charger fans were hoping they could re-sign him. I'm not particularly excited about the signing but if he can fill the role that they had in mind for Woodson so be it.

OrangeHoof
05-29-2013, 06:49 PM
I've always felt Jammer had good coverage skills but he lacked ball skills. I can live with that. No way he lets Jacoby Jones get deeper than him.

Is he Shaun Phillips' BFF?

UnderArmour
05-29-2013, 07:34 PM
This is funny because Charger fans were hoping they could re-sign him. I'm not particularly excited about the signing but if he can fill the role that they had in mind for Woodson so be it.

I was kind of hoping he would re-sign with the Chargers again so that DT or Decker could burn him again twice a year. Oh well. If he's going to make the switch to safety, this is just as good as signing an aging, overrated, injury-prone Woodson--if not better. Jammer should be a good presence in the locker room and a good bet to make the roster and play significant snaps this year due to our young question marks at cornerback.

LTC Pain
05-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Hmmm, interesting. This puts T. Carter square on the roster bubble.

TXBRONC
05-29-2013, 07:43 PM
I was kind of hoping he would re-sign with the Chargers again so that DT or Decker could burn him again twice a year. Oh well. If he's going to make the switch to safety, this is just as good as signing an aging, overrated, injury-prone Woodson--if not better. Jammer should be a good presence in the locker room and a good bet to make the roster and play significant snaps this year due to our young question marks at cornerback.

I'm neither here nor there on this signing.

MasterShake
05-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Cool!...?

I guess depth is good.

rationalfan
05-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Makes me wonder if the team's evaluations of bolden and carter are less than enthusiastic.

BroncoWave
05-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Cool!...?

I guess depth is good.

Basically my thoughts as well. I'm not doing jumping jacks over the signing, but I have no problem with it. Never huts to have capable bodies competing for spots in camp.

TXBRONC
05-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Basically my thoughts as well. I'm not doing jumping jacks over the signing, but I have no problem with it. Never huts to have capable bodies competing for spots in camp.

I agree it never huts to have capable bodies never huts at all. :nod: :D

cmc0605
05-29-2013, 08:19 PM
CB depth might look something like this:

Champ
DRC
Chris Harris
Jammer
Carter
Kayvon

I think Carter is better than Omar, he had a much bigger role last year, and Kayvon is probably safe by virtue of his rookie status unless he is absolutely awful in camp/preseason.

Buff
05-29-2013, 08:49 PM
I think Andrew Mason hit the nail on the head. We were looking for a bigger DB to match up with TEs and come in on dime.

Jammer's size means he could be in the Broncos' plans in their dime package. He becomes fifth of the Broncos' nine cornerbacks to measure at six feet or above, and at 200 pounds, he weighs more than all but one cornerback (rookie Aaron Hester). Only two of the Broncos' five returning safeties are heavier than Jammer.

Jammer could be an asset covering tight ends. In 2012, the Broncos often used a safety as the sixth defensive back last year -- usually Jim Leonhard, who signed with the Saints, or David Bruton, who at 217 pounds is the Broncos' heaviest defensive back.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/What-Jammer-Brings-to-Broncos/dc62b305-a0b1-4e41-932e-507a06661e3e

Magnificent Seven
05-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Not bad. Better than nothing.

Ziggy
05-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3h
I'm told Quentin Jammer was brought in primarily to play safety. He played some safety at the U of Texas. He'll play some corner if needed....

Dzone
05-29-2013, 10:53 PM
I love this.Shows that Elway and co are not sitting still. They are constantly working on improving the team. They are never satisfied. Thats good.
Didnt Jammer pick 6 PFM last year? Ya he did.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9323494/quentin-jammer-signs-denver-broncos

Poet
05-29-2013, 11:10 PM
He probably still has some solid football left in him. I like the signing.

weazel
05-29-2013, 11:43 PM
Jammer has never been a superstar but has usually held his own. The only problem I have with him is he gets called for PI or holding quite a bit.

We have nobody to pass rush but at least when the ball get's thrown it's going to be covered well by Bailey, Jammer and Cromartie

sneakers
05-30-2013, 01:02 AM
Dear Broncos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKV8uSX2nEQ

Bosco
05-30-2013, 01:33 AM
It's possible. He might also become a camp cut.

He's probably this year's Drayton Florence.

Poet
05-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Jammer has never been a superstar but has usually held his own. The only problem I have with him is he gets called for PI or holding quite a bit.

We have nobody to pass rush but at least when the ball get's thrown it's going to be covered well by Bailey, Jammer and Cromartie

You have VM, Phillips and Wolfe. That's actually better than a lot of teams.

Bosco
05-30-2013, 01:37 AM
You have VM, Phillips and Wolfe. That's actually better than a lot of teams.

Ayers, too. Also, look for Malik Jackson to have a big year.

Army Bronco
05-30-2013, 02:08 AM
I'm not so sure DRC is the guaranteed RCB. Harris was outstanding last year. This signing could make DRC compete with Jammer for the 3rd CB. Just being realistic since no one ever thought Harris could keep Porter on the bench. But I don't claim to know a whole lot about this, just my opinion.

Poet
05-30-2013, 02:09 AM
AB, if it's even close, they're probably going to start the top earner.

CrazyHorse
05-30-2013, 03:35 AM
First Tracy Porter, now Quentin Jammer. I think I see a pattern here. We like to sign cornerbacks who've recorded a interception returned for touchdown against our quarterback. Coincidence, I think not.

zbeg
05-30-2013, 05:05 AM
It seems as if he's being brought in to address the "can't cover tight ends" problem we had last year. I bet he makes final roster.

dogfish
05-30-2013, 05:30 AM
I think Andrew Mason hit the nail on the head. We were looking for a bigger DB to match up with TEs and come in on dime.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/What-Jammer-Brings-to-Broncos/dc62b305-a0b1-4e41-932e-507a06661e3e

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3h
I'm told Quentin Jammer was brought in primarily to play safety. He played some safety at the U of Texas. He'll play some corner if needed.

so, you're saying we're gonna bring back the big nickel?

i like it. . . i like it a lot!

i hope we don't cut tony carter, though. . .

NorthernLights
05-30-2013, 05:39 AM
Hope it works out for you because his tank was empty when he left. Safety is a much better option because he can still tackle, he just can't keep up with anyone.

TXBRONC
05-30-2013, 08:29 AM
Hope it works out for you because his tank was empty when he left. Safety is a much better option because he can still tackle, he just can't keep up with anyone.

According to what has been reported the plan is to move him to safety and not to start but to play situationally.

Chef Zambini
05-30-2013, 09:26 AM
oh my gosh. if the broncos actually move someone to safety I just might soil my armor.
Thats all I ever cared about!
It was the meaning of life for me.
QJ might be my holy grail.

Chef Zambini
05-30-2013, 09:30 AM
According to what has been reported the plan is to move him to safety and not to start but to play situationally.like the last time we played the ravens situation?

TXBRONC
05-30-2013, 09:33 AM
like the last time we played the ravens situation?

Read article and hopefully you'll figure it out.

Ravage!!!
05-30-2013, 09:36 AM
I personally really like the signing. He's a big, physical, DB that can help cover the TEs. Considering we will be playing opponents that have major TEs, we have to be ready to deal with that issue. I'm sure that the thought of meeting NE in the playoffs is a big consideration. Another thing I like about Jammer, is how many games has he missed in his 12 year career? He's missed THREE starts. I like that kind of toughness.

Chef Zambini
05-30-2013, 09:55 AM
I personally really like the signing. He's a big, physical, DB that can help cover the TEs. Considering we will be playing opponents that have major TEs, we have to be ready to deal with that issue. I'm sure that the thought of meeting NE in the playoffs is a big consideration. Another thing I like about Jammer, is how many games has he missed in his 12 year career? He's missed THREE starts. I like that kind of toughness.excellent point about his ability to match up with TEs !

Bosco
05-30-2013, 10:44 AM
so, you're saying we're gonna bring back the big nickel?

i like it. . . i like it a lot!

We ran the big nickel alot last year with Jim Leonhard. I'm sure we'll see it again this year with Carter coming back from injury.

Chef Zambini
05-30-2013, 01:56 PM
the big nickel
is that like having a sixth cent.

tomjonesrocks
05-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Jammer at safety > Rahim Moore.

Sight unseen.

Jsteve01
05-30-2013, 10:51 PM

Sight unseen. here we go again. Just so I can say you've heard it. Rahim Moore was very solid last year. Again he was top ten in tds and first downs allowed. The only thing he lacked was play making and that was his M.O. in college so I think we'll see more. if anyone is in danger I think it is Adams. Carter is cheaper and looked good as a rookie.

Magnificent Seven
05-31-2013, 12:35 AM
With running back Willis McGahee currently owning jersey No. 23, Quentin's number in San Diego, Jammer has tentatively chosen No. 34.

http://www.jonheath.net/2013/05/broncos-sign-quentin-jammer-to-1-year.html

TXBRONC
05-31-2013, 08:55 AM

Sight unseen.

Nope.