PDA

View Full Version : Jack Del Rio wants Broncos' defensive front to fit every situation

Denver Native (Carol)
05-29-2013, 10:13 AM
Today's question about the Broncos comes from Mike Beelner. To submit a question for consideration, send an e-mail to The Denver Post's Jeff Legwold.

Q: What does the Broncos' defensive-line rotation look likely to be? They have Terrance Knighton, Kevin Vickerson, (Sylvester) Williams and (Derek) Wolfe at defensive tackle — or will Wolfe play more DE? They have Robert Ayers, Shaun Phillips and who at DE? Who is projected to start?

A: Mike, in this day and age, with offenses opening up the formation to throw in so many situations, defenses are finding a "starting" lineup isn't really the biggest issue to consider.

It's having the right personnel on the depth chart to play heavy when you need to and then to be able to get more speed on the field when that's the way to go. So, to that end, the Broncos will be disappointed, as well as in some serious trouble on defense, if all of the players you mentioned don't play a bunch and perform well while they're on the field.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23338867/jack-del-rio-wants-broncos-defensive-front-fit

Ravage!!!
05-29-2013, 10:27 AM
Kind of a crappy answer..... "the broncos want/need them to play a lot, and well." Uhmmm... no kidding?

OrangeHoof
05-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I hope Del Rio is less disappointed in the d-line than I was at this answer.

underrated29
05-29-2013, 11:53 AM
i hope del rio stays another few years as our DC. Aside from winning everything this year, he is my next top priority.

Chef Zambini
05-29-2013, 01:53 PM
JDR, doing a great job.

Rick
05-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Depending on how long Fox stays(he is getting older) Del Rio may get his next chance here if willing to be DC for awhile.