PDA

View Full Version : PFM's window: we must win while it is open.

Chef Zambini
05-28-2013, 11:20 AM
The concept of PFMs window has been a tangent for many a debate.
yes, the broncos must consider the time beyond the window, nobody would argue against that but....

PFM is a huge INVESTMENT!
a 100 MILLION $$$ plus investment !

we have to do all we can to win a lombardi during this "window"
How long will the window last?
Maybe 2 more years, maybe 5 total,regardless....
WE must put a win now mentality at the forefront to match our financial commitment.
and to seize the opportunity!

Davii
05-28-2013, 11:32 AM
In other news, the sun MUST shine during the daytime and you MUST shower with the water turned on.

Dapper Dan
05-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Bears still shit in the woods.

MOtorboat
05-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Gotta make that quota...

Dapper Dan
05-28-2013, 12:16 PM
I wonder if the organization wants to win now, tomorrow, next year, or the season after. Maybe they're waiting for Manning to leave. It worked for Tennessee. Go Vols.

TXBRONC
05-28-2013, 12:20 PM
No kidding Zam.

Dreadnought
05-28-2013, 12:34 PM
I wonder if the organization wants to win now, tomorrow, next year, or the season after. Maybe they're waiting for Manning to leave. It worked for Tennessee. Go Vols.

I am waiting for the Organization to tell me what to think so I can parrot the company line. Until then, no comment.

SR
05-28-2013, 12:44 PM
In other news, Captain Obvious was promoted to Major.

Traveler
05-28-2013, 01:01 PM

With Tee Martin no less....

Timmy!
05-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Super cereal?

Dapper Dan
05-28-2013, 01:12 PM
With Tee Martin no less....

More accurate than Peyton Manning.

Northman
05-28-2013, 01:42 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

topscribe
05-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.
That was an obvious statement . . . :D

Dapper Dan
05-28-2013, 01:52 PM
That was an obvious statement . . . :D

Your assessment is obvious.

Chef Zambini
05-28-2013, 06:45 PM
so if its so "obvious" then no one would argue that a seasoned vet has more value to our roster than a rookie who is not ready to start.
Players that can help us win now take priority over those who must be developed.

Chef Zambini
05-28-2013, 06:46 PM
King87, Northman, SeeingRed, Timmy!, TXBRONC davii,
you all think this is so obvious.

SR
05-28-2013, 06:56 PM

Yeah. It is. You're not a revolutionary. This is not new news. Even the coaching staff has acknowledged this "window".

shank
05-28-2013, 06:57 PM
i'm also posting in zam's thread too.

MOtorboat
05-28-2013, 06:58 PM
This is about a 12 on the 1-10 No Shit scale.

Congrats on your Epiphany. Gotta meet that quota...

Chef Zambini
05-28-2013, 08:26 PM
so how do you justify a second pick for POST Manning?

BroncoWave
05-28-2013, 08:28 PM

How does your mother justify the amount of times she dropped you on your head when you were a child?

MOtorboat
05-28-2013, 08:33 PM

OHHHHHH. That's your angle...

:derp:

:fart:

Which player drafted AFTER Osweiler last year ensures Denver beats Baltimore and wins the next two games for the Championship?

Answer the question Zam.

Chef Zambini
05-28-2013, 08:42 PM
maybe a runningback or safety, no guarantee. but OS did NOTHING to help the broncos win ANY gAME LAST YEAR AND HE WONT DO ANYTHING TO HELP THEM WIN this YEAR. HE IS WORTHLESS UNTIL MANNING IS INCAPABLE.
HE IS NOT A WIN NOW DRAFT PICK !
At best he is a maybe we will win later draft pick... at best.
it was a lame pick in the PFM window !

Davii
05-28-2013, 08:42 PM

Because obvious troll is obvious

MOtorboat
05-28-2013, 08:44 PM
maybe a runningback or safety, no guarantee. but OS did NOTHING to help the broncos win ANY gAME LAST YEAR AND HE WONT DO ANYTHING TO HELP THEM WIN this YEAR. HE IS WORTHLESS UNTIL MANNING IS INCAPABLE.

No, no, no.

Answer the question. Be specific.

Davii
05-28-2013, 08:49 PM

What Mo said. And :shart:

SR
05-28-2013, 08:53 PM

Then explain the Packers spending a first round pick on Favre's heir apparent. You're not a tool Zam, you're the whole shed.

ShaneFalco
05-28-2013, 09:01 PM
http://1389blog.com/pix/Fascism-you-really-think-itll-be-this-obvious.jpg

TXBRONC
05-28-2013, 09:07 PM

Yes.

MOtorboat
05-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Zam...

I'm waiting.

TXBRONC
05-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Then explain the Packers spending a first round pick on Favre's heir apparent. You're not a tool Zam, you're the whole shed.

Not a shed but an outhouse.

Davii
05-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Zam...

I'm waiting.

Mo, don't do this:

http://immigrationimpact.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/george_bush_holding_breath.jpg

MOtorboat
05-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Mo, don't do this:

http://immigrationimpact.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/george_bush_holding_breath.jpg

I think that was just a giant sigh.

:sigh:

Be specific, Zam. Come on buddy...

Dreadnought
05-28-2013, 09:39 PM
I think that was just a giant sigh.

:sigh:

Be specific, Zam. Come on buddy...

Won't happen. He is stumped. His is a difficult task - to never be right, and yet to never be capable of admitting he was wrong. How to accomplish that? I couldn't do it, that's for sure.

MOtorboat
05-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Zam, where art thou?

Dapper Dan
05-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Hey guys. I'm starting to get the impression that Zam doesn't like the Osweiler pick.

MOtorboat
05-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Hey guys. I'm starting to get the impression that Zam doesn't like the Osweiler pick.

Zam is also functionally retarded.

Simple Jaded
05-29-2013, 12:07 AM
Every window in my house opens too, it's a pretty nice neighborhood.

Chef Zambini
05-29-2013, 05:58 AM
No, no, no.

Answer the question. Be specific.just make your point.
there are no guarantees.

Chef Zambini
05-29-2013, 06:05 AM
its not just about brock.
although he is the most glaring example.

I read some posters lamenting about tahing on a vet at the expense of youth and development.
a win now mentality REQUIRES the assembly of players that are ready to play NOW.
to contribute NOW.
If that means a savvy vet over a rookie with potential, so be it !

MOtorboat
05-29-2013, 06:39 AM
its not just about brock.
although he is the most glaring example.

I read some posters lamenting about tahing on a vet at the expense of youth and development.
a win now mentality REQUIRES the assembly of players that are ready to play NOW.
to contribute NOW.
If that means a savvy vet over a rookie with potential, so be it !

Name the rookie who would have guaranteed the Super Bowl victory had they taken him over Osweiler. Be specific.

just make your point.
there are no guarantees.

I don't have anything to make a point about until you give me a specific name.

TXBRONC
05-29-2013, 06:44 AM

Nothing gets by you DB. :D

Dapper Dan
05-29-2013, 07:13 AM
It's obvious that the team is trying to make strides to win now. Of course they want to win now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but every pick in the draft is a rookie. So, if you want a "savvy vet" over a rookie, then you trade all of your picks for veterans. Which teams actually do that? A team that would do that has no future. They may or may not win a Super Bowl, then they are more than likely doomed for a decade or more. Free agency is used to get veterans. We've done that. But criticizing the organization for taking a rookie in the draft is insane. Every team drafts rookies! Not to mention, at the time, we weren't even sure if our quarterback could last a season. We were fortunate.

Which of these players would help win NOW?

Lavonte David
Vinny Curry
Kelechi Osemele
LaMichael James
Casey Hayward
Rueben Randle
Dwayne Allen
Trumaine Johnson
Josh Robinson

None of these players convince me that we should skip on taking a possible quarterback of the future.

Northman
05-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Name the rookie who would have guaranteed the Super Bowl victory had they taken him over Osweiler. Be specific.

I don't have anything to make a point about until you give me a specific name.

You know he is just going to backpeddle and try to spin the topic somewhere else instead of answering your question right? Its what he does.

Ravage!!!
05-29-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm glad Elway is smart enough to realize that he has to build both for the now, and the future. Realizing that the Broncos will INDEED continue to play football even after Manning has left the building.

Chef Zambini
05-29-2013, 03:51 PM
You know he is just going to backpeddle and try to spin the topic somewhere else instead of answering your question right? Its what he does.there is no name there is no guarantee.
Mo insists on a name... Larry wilkerson.

MOtorboat
05-29-2013, 03:53 PM
there is no name there is no guarantee.
Mo insists on a name... Larry wilkerson.

So you are just bitching to bitch about the Osweiler pick, or? Help me out here. You insist they should have picked a player for the now. Who's that player? Surely you've thought this through...err, wait.

Chef Zambini
05-29-2013, 03:59 PM
the pick was not in step with a win now mentality.
It can be justified ONLY if BO has an awesome career, a superbowl contending career.
But, as i continue to try and point out, the subject matter of this discussion transcends just the b.o. pick.
Rav talks about a balance of now and the future, yet you all seem to agree that the PFM window means we focus on the NOW.

SR
05-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Rav talks about a balance of now and the future, yet you all seem to agree that the PFM window means we focus on the NOW.
And what you obviously fail to realize is that it is entirely possible to have a "win now" mentality WITHOUT sacrificng the future. It is possible to bring in players via free agency or the draft that can be immediate contributors and also be part of the future. Hard concept to grasp for you I'm sure, but for the rest of us it's pretty simple.

Ravage!!!
05-29-2013, 04:20 PM
It can be justified ONLY if BO has an awesome career, a superbowl contending career.
But, as i continue to try and point out, the subject matter of this discussion transcends just the b.o. pick.

I've already explained the Os pick to you. Elway has to have had a plan B in case Manning couldn't go. In case Manning arm never stregthened. We took a chance on Manning considering his injury, and Elway was wise enough to have a plan B already in place.

Stop your BS. EVERY TEAM in the NFL wants/needs to win NOW... and while focusing on winning now, they continue to build towards the future. Elway is no different.

Chef Zambini
05-29-2013, 04:34 PM
PFM makes the bronco dynamic different.
JFE is like any other NFL exec, just as you discribed.
But the PFM window tilts the focus !
that part is painfully "obvious"according to all !

Chef Zambini
05-29-2013, 04:40 PM
And what you obviously fail to realize is that it is entirely possible to have a "win now" mentality WITHOUT sacrificng the future. It is possible to bring in players via free agency or the draft that can be immediate contributors and also be part of the future. Hard concept to grasp for you I'm sure, but for the rest of us it's pretty simple.

well duh, talk about the obvious !
von, now and for the future.
wolfe,
M.Ball
Never have I denied the potential for a player or rookie having the capacity to fill both the now and the future.
thanks for once again acting like a typical BOR member and trying to pin BS on to me as if I said it.
my concern is generic, everyone else has made it Os specific. maybe because Os, is the most OBVIOUS player who does NOT fit the win now profile.

BroncoNut
05-29-2013, 04:42 PM
what? wtf does it matter if his window is open or closed? swear you guys are retarded

TXBRONC
05-29-2013, 04:49 PM
well duh, talk about the obvious !
von, now and for the future.
wolfe,
M.Ball
Never have I denied the potential for a player or rookie having the capacity to fill both the now and the future.
thanks for once again acting like a typical BOR member and trying to pin BS on to me as if I said it.
my concern is generic, everyone else has made it Os specific. maybe because Os, is the most OBVIOUS player who does NOT fit the win now profile.

Bull shit your bitch never has been generic. It's always been about Osweiler and is always will be was far as you're concerned.

Chef Zambini
05-29-2013, 04:49 PM
no you retahded, frankth and beanth.

TXBRONC
05-29-2013, 04:52 PM
no you retahded, frankth and beanth.

Does anyone here speak retard because I don't.

Chef Zambini
05-29-2013, 05:01 PM
Does anyone here speak retard because I don't.yeth you do.
jack talk thai.
jack talk thai very good.

TXBRONC
05-29-2013, 05:11 PM
yeth you do.
jack talk thai.
jack talk thai very good.

Again I don't speak retard.

Davii
05-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Zam,

SuperChop called. He wants his artificial martyr back.

TXBRONC
05-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Zam,

Chop put it up for sale on ebay and Zam bought.

Chef Zambini
05-29-2013, 05:39 PM
never been on ebay. hows the fishin' ?

Davii
05-29-2013, 05:44 PM
never been on ebay. hows the fishin' ?

Good, but only when you're trolling. So pretty much all the time.

SR
05-29-2013, 05:47 PM
OBVIOUS player who does NOT fit the win now profile.

That's because he is the FUTURE. JFC

SR
05-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Good, but only when you're trolling. So pretty much all the time.

Now that was brilliant

MOtorboat
05-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Zam,

LOL.

Zam was an Internet martyr before Chop knew what the Internet was.

MOtorboat
05-29-2013, 07:25 PM

Name the player.

Davii
05-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Name the player.

Brock Osweiler

MOtorboat
05-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Brock Osweiler

I want to know which player would have guaranteed the Super Bowl win...

Answer the question Zam.

TXBRONC
05-29-2013, 08:22 PM
I want to know which player would have guaranteed the Super Bowl win...

Answer the question Zam.

Sorry MO, Zam is channeling his inner retard so he can't answer your question right now.

Dapper Dan
05-30-2013, 02:25 AM
Why do we even have a second string quarterback? I mean if we were really trying to win now then we wouldn't need any other quarterbacks on the roster.

Timmy!
05-30-2013, 04:28 AM
5 pages. Really?

MOtorboat
05-30-2013, 07:20 AM
Why do we even have a second string quarterback? I mean if we were really trying to win now then we wouldn't need any other quarterbacks on the roster.

This. So this.

Chef Zambini
05-30-2013, 01:47 PM
that. so there.