PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to bet we try and pick up Andrew Walter

sneakers
09-05-2009, 01:07 AM
He just got cut by the patriots.

silkamilkamonico
09-05-2009, 02:26 AM
We have to pick somebody up. He'd be as good as anyone right now I guess.

Magnificent Seven
09-05-2009, 04:12 AM
He sucks! Ex Raiders player.

TXBRONC
09-05-2009, 09:12 AM
We have to pick somebody up. He'd be as good as anyone right now I guess.

I would think McDaniels wouldn't have let Martin go if Orton and Simms were not going to ready by opening day.

Kaylore
09-05-2009, 09:34 AM
He sucks! Ex Raiders player.

He grew up in Colorado and was a Broncos fan.

And I don't think we pick him up. I just wanted to point out he's not as "tainted" as he seems.

BroncoWave
09-05-2009, 10:18 AM
He just got cut by the patriots.

He played there for like 2 weeks. McD never coached him. I highly doubt we go for him.

T.K.O.
09-05-2009, 08:17 PM
i'd rather see us get garcia,he still has game.
what do you guys think of zach thomas? just for depth maybe.
i know we have enough age on the d but man think about the leadership of champ bdawk and zack t on the field...sounds pretty tough to me

Watchthemiddle
09-05-2009, 08:46 PM
He grew up in Colorado and was a Broncos fan.

And I don't think we pick him up. I just wanted to point out he's not as "tainted" as he seems.

Yup...western slope kid that got away to Arizona State. Should have gone to CU. He would still be playing in the NFL.

NameUsedBefore
09-05-2009, 08:49 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WaltAn00.htm

Pass.

T.K.O.
09-05-2009, 08:59 PM
i think in read somewhere that walter had the single worst game in raiders history once.....IN RAIDERS HISTORY ? thats pretty bad;)

OldschoolFreak
09-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Brohm.

DenBronx
09-06-2009, 12:51 AM
sorry, its the current guys we have on the roster or no one. if we didnt have a perfect plan on what to do by trading cutler then were screwed. josh is going to look like an idiot if he doesnt make it work with orton.

Magnificent Seven
09-06-2009, 03:25 AM
I rather Brandstater than Andrew Walters or Jeff Garcia

SoCalImport
09-06-2009, 04:38 AM
Well. I would've loved Garcia as a Vet to compete in camp if we'd made that move a couple of months ago. I'm confident He'd've ended up as our starter. BUT

A: He was a raider at the time
B: It's too late now.

No QB will be brought it this late to actually compete for starts unless the injuries to Orton and Simms are much worse than advertised.

Dirk
09-06-2009, 04:48 AM
I rather Brandstater than Andrew Walters or Jeff Garcia

I agree. He looked fairly good for a rookie. Maybe McD can truly be a QB Whisperer and make a star out of Brandstater.

Ravage!!!
09-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Well. I would've loved Garcia as a Vet to compete in camp if we'd made that move a couple of months ago. I'm confident He'd've ended up as our starter. BUT

A: He was a raider at the time
B: It's too late now.

No QB will be brought it this late to actually compete for starts unless the injuries to Orton and Simms are much worse than advertised.

I don't agree. I think a veteran could do just fine picking up the system....but honestly dont' think that McDaniels would want to bring in a guy right now, that could/might beat out his starting QB, Orton.

I know that sounds like I'm bashing, but Im serious. McDaniels wouldn't want to bring a guy that was cut, that could beat out the starter HE picked for the trade..... and, right now... McDaniels honestly (as a first year HC) will be better off starting a rookie. It takes Alllllllllll lthe pressure off if he starts a rookie.

skycoyote
09-06-2009, 08:43 AM
I'll take that bet, how much?

broncobryce
09-06-2009, 10:54 AM
No way we pick him up. We have 3 QB's, none of them are getting cut. End of story.