PDA

View Full Version : BroncosForums will be offline tomorrow (Sat 9/5) morning for upgrade -- COMPLETED

Tned
09-04-2009, 11:16 PM
I will be upgrading the server tomorrow morning, roughly between 6-8 am CDT tomorrow morning, Saturday 9/5.

I have been putting off for a while doing some server upgrades, but I need to get them knocked out.

I am going to try and start as close to 6 as possible, doing a backup, then upgrade, then some manual reapplication of some of the custom stuff we have. Could take anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours.

I'm testing the vBulletin upgrade on the backup server tonight, so I hopefully won't run into any problems in the morning.

Tned
09-05-2009, 01:00 AM
For anyone still online. I loaded a backup of the forums on the backup server, and performed the upgrades (several upgrades). All went smoothly and everything seems to be functioning. Unless I missed something, there is only a minor amount of manual reapplying of customizations. I am hopefully, I should be able to complete the upgrade with downtime closer to 30-60 minutes, once I have backed up the site.

During the upgrade, there will be a message indicating that an upgrade is taking place, what time it started, etc.

Sorry for any inconveniece it causes any early risers, but 6 am is about the lowest traffic point of the day, so I will try and drag my butt out of bed around that time.

Tned
09-05-2009, 07:25 AM
Ok, the upgrade should be finished. The few remaining things can be done while the forum is online.

If you see any problems, post in this thread or PM me.

I am now going to see if I can set everyone's adopted Bronco to what it was before we blanked them out (thinking we were going to do an adoption/draft like the last two years) and if I can't, I will simply remove that message about seeing the adopt-a-bronco thread.

Fan in Exile
09-05-2009, 07:41 AM
You rule Tned.

Tned
09-05-2009, 08:21 AM
You will probably see this too late ;), but I decided to reboot the server after all the changes, as it hasn't been rebooted in well over a month.

Tned
09-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Ok, everything should be done (except for a couple things that shouldn't affect users).

I believe I have rolled back everyone's adopt-a-bronco to what it was before it was blanked out on August 24th or so.

If you had already gone in and updated it your self, then I left it alone. I only restored the adopt-a-broncos that were still set to 'See 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco Thread'

Let me know if anyone sees any problems.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience this morning.

T

girler
09-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks for all you do T. You rock! :beer:

Lonestar
09-05-2009, 03:52 PM
thanks for being up and doing this while I was dreaming about it.. :salute:

T.K.O.
09-05-2009, 04:10 PM
my favorite site by a mile...high !
thanks again :salute:mr.T (that's tned not the real mr T because i dont even think he's a broncos fan)

Superchop 7
09-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Josh waived the forum ?

See you when it clears waivers.