PDA

View Full Version : Vonnie Holliday to Visit Denver this weekend:

BroncoBJ
09-04-2009, 08:20 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1340

Free agent DE Vonnie Holliday is scheduled to visit with the Broncos this weekend.
Holliday has the size to play end in a 3-4, which the Broncos will need if reports of Le Kevin Smith's torn meniscus are true. Holliday could help early in the season as a rotational lineman.

Figured I'd share it. :elefant:

Not bad. :salute:

roomemp
09-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah I could live with him in the rotation.....Didn't we have him in for a visit earlier?

Lonestar
09-04-2009, 09:22 PM
I suspect that there is not much left in that tank.. if he is a FA still and 31 other teams passed on him.. well I'd rather have crowder .. or pedeuzxcauaaau

dogfish
09-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah I could live with him in the rotation.....Didn't we have him in for a visit earlier?

yea, we did. . . and because of that, i'm guessing that he'll be signed this time-- i can't imagine we'd bring him in a second time just to do another workout. . .

he's older than dirt, but at least he's a smart, tough vet with plenty of experience in the 3-4-- he's probably still a better option than ryan mcbean. . . my expectations of him would be fairly limited, and he's most likely best suited in a rotational role that limits his snaps, but it's not like there's much out there at this point. . .

Lonestar
09-04-2009, 09:24 PM
yea, we did. . . and because of that, i'm guessing that he'll be signed this time-- i can't imagine we'd bring him in a second time just to do another workout. . .

he's older than dirt, but at least he's a smart, tough vet with plenty of experience in the 3-4-- he's probably still a better option than ryan mcbean. . . my expectations of him would be fairly limited, and he's most likely best suited in a rotational role that limits his snaps, but it's not like there's much out there at this point. . .

I do not remember him in a 3-4 but he moved around abit also..

CrazyHorse
09-04-2009, 10:36 PM
This looks to me like Simeon Rice 2.0.

Elevation inc
09-05-2009, 04:13 AM
lol miami plays a 3-4 he played for them last year in rotation and was effective....he should play the same role le kevin smith was suppose to....a rotational 3-4 DE, pretty simple and the fact we have him scheduled before other teams is a good thing for us....guys his age always prefer to avoid the grind of TC...he should be fresh and ready to give us some depth.....

broncofaninfla
09-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Why now? The guy has been a free agent for a while. My guess is they are evaluating him and will compare him against who gets cut today. Regardless it's a pretty good bet that we are cutting a couple extra guys today to make room for some DL who get cut today.

Ray Finkle
09-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Meh, if he is useful and cheap, it's worth a shot. Good lockerroom guy.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Ummm...the haters should keep inmind that the dude is a highly respected vet who basically just wanted to skip camp. That is the reason he is still available.

Ravage!!!
09-05-2009, 10:10 AM
seems he wasn't any good when he was with the Chiefs a few years BACK. Nothing to really expect much out of other than another vet. What I'm confused about, however, is that I don't remember him playing with the Patriots (I joke I joke)

Northman
09-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Overrated.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Check the Dolphins boards. They are angry that he was let go due to a roster bonus and want him back. He played very well for them. And remember, a 3-4DE doesn't have to get 12+ sacks. He just has to occupy the OLine and not get pushed around. Dude is legit. A solid pickup if we do get him.

broncofaninfla
09-05-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm not against signing him. He is a solid and respected DE. I just don't understand why now? Seems like it would have been better to have signed him earlier when Denver first took a look at time. Denver could have gotten a better look at him during camp and the preseason.

Mike
09-05-2009, 10:32 AM
With a d-line like ours...we shouldn't be picky.

Northman
09-05-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm not against signing him. He is a solid and respected DE. I just don't understand why now? Seems like it would have been better to have signed him earlier when Denver first took a look at time. Denver could have gotten a better look at him during camp and the preseason.

Thats just it, he thinks he is Michael Strahan and can skip all the camps and preseason and not have to work out. Yea, screw that. The last thing this team needs is some overrated DE to come in and get playing time over the guys who worked their asses off all summer long. But, maybe he can be the water boy. The other workers can use some quality H2O.

TXBRONC
09-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Ummm...the haters should keep inmind that the dude is a highly respected vet who basically just wanted to skip camp. That is the reason he is still available.

If he was that highly thought SA why did the Dolphins let him go and why didn't McDaniels pursue him until now?

Lonestar
09-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Check the Dolphins boards. They are angry that he was let go due to a roster bonus and want him back. He played very well for them. And remember, a 3-4DE doesn't have to get 12+ sacks. He just has to occupy the OLine and not get pushed around. Dude is legit. A solid pickup if we do get him.

yet if he was so good why did not one else bite on him til now.. not sure this is good.. OR NOT