PDA

View Full Version : Woodyard, Bailey, Wolfe Leaders on Defense

Denver Native (Carol)
05-22-2013, 07:14 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Earlier this offseason, Von Miller called the Broncos' locker room one of the best in the NFL.

Part of that, Defensive Coordinator Jack Del Rio confirmed on Tuesday, is the abundance of leadership.

Speaking specifically about the defensive side of the ball, Del Rio pointed out two Broncos in particular that the rest of the unit looks up to.

"I think Wesley Woodyard stepped forward last year, became a leader for us," he said. "Champ Bailey, because of his stature, is a constant force here. So those are the two guys that jump to my mind."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Woodyard-Bailey-Wolfe-Leaders-on-Defense/358bd1f0-7627-4621-b9ae-58b003a03012

TXBRONC
05-22-2013, 07:29 PM
This goes to what I was saying when Denver was courting Woodson. Some said that Woodson's leadership would have been so valuable we'll this supports my contention that Woodson's leadership would have been unnesseary.

SR
05-22-2013, 07:33 PM
This goes to what I was saying when Denver was courting Woodson. Some said that Woodson's leadership would have been so valuable we'll this supports my contention that Woodson's leadership would have been unnesseary.

Definitely don't want too many chiefs

Chef Zambini
05-23-2013, 12:06 PM
powdrer puff piece!
where was that leadership in the defensive huddle against the ravens?
who has the green dot?

TXBRONC
05-23-2013, 12:35 PM
powdrer puff piece!
who has the green dot?

This is idiotic. Having good leadership doesn't mean mistakes can happen. Do you actually know anything about football? Never mind I already know the answer is no. :coffee:

Lancane
05-23-2013, 12:38 PM
powdrer puff piece!
who has the green dot?

The leadership broke down on both sides, and it happens Zam, as I've stated before - there is no such thing as perfection in organized sports, in fact there are times when the chips fall down that they keep falling and you have no chance to cash in your winnings because in the end, there are none.

TXBRONC
05-23-2013, 12:50 PM
The leadership broke down on both sides, and it happens Zam, as I've stated before - there is no such thing as perfection in organized sports, in fact there are times when the chips fall down that they keep falling and you have no chance to cash in your winnings because in the end, there are none.

I don't see how that nessarily a breakdown in leadership. A breakdown in leadership would be for no one to take responsibility.

Lancane
05-23-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't see how that nessarily a breakdown in leadership. A breakdown in leadership would be for no one to take responsibility.

Because it is the leaderships' role to look past the breakdown of the unit and get them back up and Denver really never got back up offensive or defensively, it went wrong and kept going wrong. But leaders are humans as well, I fully expect the next time it happens that they see it, take it and lead their respective units out of the rut and back to the state they need them at. But those taking the blame in the end shows the maturity of their leadership ability and that they have what it takes, unlike the Jets and other organizations where there is a level of poison in the locker room not willing to shoulder any blame.

Chef Zambini
05-23-2013, 01:24 PM
a LEADER in that huddle would haVE REMINDED all about DOWN distance, lack of time-outs.
They , the LEADER would have re-inforced the notion of tackling in bounds and not letting the receivers get BEHIND you !
Rhats the kind of thing even pop warner kids do in their roles as LEADERS !
this very article FAILS to identify who the LEADER is in the HUDDLE !

Ravage!!!
05-23-2013, 01:24 PM
still thinks that if "only someone would have said 'knock the ball down', we would have won"............brilliance.

Chef Zambini
05-23-2013, 01:28 PM
so spare me all this powdrer puff BS leadership articles DfB. com!
the leadership was awol in the defensive huddle on the filed on gameday at the most critical time !
I dont give a rats ass whos doin the rah-rah during weight lifting !

Chef Zambini
05-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Because it is the leaderships' role to look past the breakdown of the unit and get them back up and Denver really never got back up offensive or defensively, it went wrong and kept going wrong. But leaders are humans as well, I fully expect the next time it happens that they see it, take it and lead their respective units out of the rut and back to the state they need them at. But those taking the blame in the end shows the maturity of their leadership ability and that they have what it takes, unlike the Jets and other organizations where there is a level of poison in the locker room not willing to shoulder any blame.
sorry but I dont hear guys like champ sayin, IO should have reminded rahim about situational football and where he needed to be and what was important. I was too worried about doing my own thing I failed to be a vocal leader in the huddle!
id ont here ANYONE on the defense saying anything like that !
WTF is THAT leader?
does not exist !
I continue to ask who wears the green dot?

TXBRONC
05-23-2013, 01:41 PM
a LEADER in that huddle would haVE REMINDED all about DOWN distance, lack of time-outs.
They , the LEADER would have re-inforced the notion of tackling in bounds and not letting the receivers get BEHIND you !
Rhats the kind of thing even pop warner kids do in their roles as LEADERS !
this very article FAILS to identify who the LEADER is in the HUDDLE !

Again more ignorance. You have no freakin idea what happened in the huddle. Are so ignorant that you have never heard that Woodyard calls defensive plays.

Chef Zambini
05-23-2013, 01:43 PM
I don't see how that nessarily a breakdown in leadership. A breakdown in leadership would be for no one to take responsibility.other than moore, who has stepped to the mic to say, 'my bad' ?
fox, del rio, woodyard, dj, brookings, champ/
not heard one of them say, I should have re-inforced what moore should have known !

TXBRONC
05-23-2013, 01:47 PM
other than moore, who has stepped to the mic to say, 'my bad' ?
fox, del rio, woodyard, dj, brookings, champ/
not heard one of them say, I should have re-inforced what moore should have known !

As usual you only hear what you want to hear. Then you go off on your pissy uninformed rants.

Ravage!!!
05-23-2013, 01:52 PM
sorry but I dont hear guys like champ sayin, IO should have reminded rahim about situational football and where he needed to be and what was important. I was too worried about doing my own thing I failed to be a vocal leader in the huddle!
id ont here ANYONE on the defense saying anything like that !
WTF is THAT leader?
does not exist !
I continue to ask who wears the green dot?

This has been explained to you before, and although I know you are too thick-headed and blind to see the obvious....but its STUPID to think that there was NOT talk in the huddle. It's STUPID to think that Moore was not aware of the down, distance, and time left on the clock in that situation. IT was 30 seconds LEFT in the game.

1) What would make you think that the leadership wasn't doing their part in the huddle?

2) What makes you think that telling time and distance would have made a SINGLE EFFING DIFFERENCE TO THAT PLAY!?!?!? You think that had the "huddle" reminded Rahim of the down in distance (as if there is ANY WAY he wouldn't know exactly the situation)...that he would have played BETTER on that pass?!?!? That has got to be the DUMBEST thing I've read since someone suggested Elway was too married to Oz to ever replace him.

Where do you get this? How does this actually spell logic in that brain? Do you think Moore goes back to the locker room and is upset because someone didn't "remind him" that he shouldn't let a WR get behind him and catch a TD pass???

At what time of the quarter, down of the series, or situation of the game would it be OK to let that WR run behind him and catch that 70 yrd pass? I mean, he MUST have gotten confused with all the other situations in which it was ok for him NOT to know, right?

HOLY shit.. this is stupid. This isn't "situational football"... there is NOTHING to think about. This isn't something that the players don't know, and its absolutely STUPID to believe, for even a moment, that there was a lack of leadership, and/or vocalization based on the OUTCOME of that completed pass. I'm pretty EFFING sure, that when the defense is called in the huddle, its OBVIOUS that the idea is to keep the other team from scoring with 30 seconds to go. I know for a FACT that the "defensive call" ALONE tells the safety what his job is, what his role is, and WHAT he should be doing.

I guess between every play in a game, the "leaders" should be saying "Be sure to tackle the guy with the ball"... JUST so the defensive unit is all on the same page and doesn't get confused as to what they are to be doing.

Then...THEN... you want to ask "who wears the green dot".... as if we have ANYTHING to say about that choice. If I'm a betting man, I bet on Woodyard

Chef Zambini
05-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Again more ignorance. You have no freakin idea what happened in the huddle. Are so ignorant that you have never heard that Woodyard calls defensive plays.was woodyard on the field?
who wears the green dot when he is not?
First failure of leadership must be directed at the man that wears the dot !
I waS not IN THE HUDDLE ON THAT PLAY, but RM was so out of position on that play it is beyond obvious to me that NO LEADER talked about situational football and the critical elements of defending the TD, NOT the pass.
everyone on the broncos seems to be content to let moore be the posterchild for that failure and the loss, when so many others deserve responsability !

TXBRONC
05-23-2013, 03:32 PM
was woodyard on the field?
I waS not IN THE HUDDLE ON THAT PLAY, but RM was so out of position on that play it is beyond obvious to me that NO LEADER talked about situational football and the critical elements of defending the TD, NOT the pass.
everyone on the broncos seems to be content to let moore be the posterchild for that failure and the loss, when so many others deserve responsability !

Then you're blind in one eye and can't see our of the other. It always make you look foolish when you make dumbass assumptions.

MOtorboat
05-23-2013, 04:29 PM

Misplaying a football on a deep pass isn't a failure of leadership. That's a ridiculous stretch, even for you.

MOtorboat
05-23-2013, 04:30 PM

Shut the **** up:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/01/13/defense-blame-von-miller-rahim-moore-champ-bailey/1829763/

TXBRONC
05-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Misplaying a football on a deep pass isn't a failure of leadership. That's a ridiculous stretch, even for you.

I have to disagree with you Mo. Zam's ridiculousness knows no bounds.

SR
05-23-2013, 05:32 PM

Good lord you're dumb. And I mean dumb like stupid and uneducated not like "ha ha you're dumb dude...ha ha". I mean dumb like you fell straight outta the stupid tree.

TXBRONC
05-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Good lord you're dumb. And I mean dumb like stupid and uneducated not like "ha ha you're dumb dude...ha ha". I mean dumb like you fell straight outta the stupid tree.

Yep.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Moore misjudged the flight of the ball, it's as simple as that. He could have defended that ball if he wouldn't have turned and faced it. He simply didn't think it was going to travel that far. I don't see what leadership has to do with that. He was in position to make a play, period.

TXBRONC
05-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Moore misjudged the flight of the ball, it's as simple as that. He could have defended that ball if he wouldn't have turned and faced it. He simply didn't think it was going to travel that far. I don't see what leadership has to do with that. He was in position to make a play, period.

That appears to be difficult for Zam to grasp.

Nomad
05-23-2013, 06:32 PM
I wonder if he anticipated Carter jamming Jones at the LOS and the reason for his hesitation taking his eyes away from there for that second.

Jsteve01
05-23-2013, 10:36 PM
He did anticipate Carter jamming and got caught cheating the under when he expected a Jam from Carter.

Ravage!!!
05-24-2013, 10:06 AM
I think the ball just traveled at a different angle than he anticipating it doing at that far down the field. It dropped more "straight down"..than at a descending angle he was expecting it to be.