PDA

View Full Version : Good Effort But Now the Cuts

cruscntrl
09-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Very pleased to see a win and have the guys play so well.

But now what scares me is McD will make some roster decisions.
I'm feeling a little shaky about McDs performance in the past in this area.

A. Worst Nightmare:
He cuts Tom Brandstater, Brandon Lloyd or Peyton Hillis.

B. Other players that performed well are:
Jack Willams, Darius Walker, Tim Crowder, Jarvis Moss, Antwain Spann, Darrell Reid, David Bruton, Kenny McKinnley

What will McD do ?????? Do you trust his judgment?

honz
09-04-2009, 01:21 PM
No. He already screwed up by cutting a future HOF punter in Colquitt. He has kicking in his blood for goodness sakes!

Northman
09-04-2009, 01:25 PM

A. Worst Nightmare:

I can see Lloyd but what makes you think he would cut Brandstater and Hillis? We have zero depth at QB this year unless you count Martin who has seen what? 5 minutes of action at all this year? And Hillis has more than proven he deserves a spot on this team. And what cuts has McD made that scares you? So far i havent really seen anyone of mention get cut unless your talking about the individuals who have asked for trades.

Dortoh
09-04-2009, 01:34 PM

A. Worst Nightmare:

Jack Willams, Darius Walker, Tim Crowder, Jarvis Moss, Antwain Spann, Darrell Reid, David Bruton, Kenny McKinnley

I suspect the guys in bold are gone.

I'll melt the interwebs down with my rant if Bruton goes anywhere.

Northman
09-04-2009, 01:40 PM
I suspect the guys in bold are gone.

I'll melt the interwebs down with my rant if Bruton goes anywhere.

Bruton sucks

4...3....2....1... meltdown. ;)

Slick
09-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Call me crazy but I think Hillis might be safe.

cruscntrl
09-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Of course he can't cut Brandstater because of the injuries. I think he likes Hillis. Since Cutler fiasco, I wonder about his judgment.
I think Lloyd has played two great games and you have to find a way to keep him. I would keep Williams because of the great aggressive tackling performance.
I love the other guys efforts.

Dortoh
09-04-2009, 01:49 PM

This message has been blocked because this user is on your ignore list and he is a big fat poopy head.

topscribe
09-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Of course he can't cut Brandstater because of the injuries. I think he likes Hillis. Since Cutler fiasco, I wonder about his judgment.
I think Lloyd has played two great games and you have to find a way to keep him. I would keep Williams because of the great aggressive tackling performance.
I love the other guys efforts.

Trust me: Hillis. Ain't. Going. Anywhere.

And, after last night, I don't believe they are about to turn Brandstater loose.
In fact, I don't think they'll even risk him for the Practice Squad.

I fear for Lloyd. He is a good receiver, but the Broncos have a bunch of them.
Marshall, Royal, Stokley, and Gaffney are locks. McKinley has shown in no
uncertain terms he belongs. That's five. I think it all depends on whether the
Broncos expect to keep five or six WRs. Because of the heavy use of WRs, I
would venture that they'll keep six WRs and send TE Branson to the PS to trim
TE to three. But then, do they keep Lloyd's experience or Jackson's speed and
youth?

I'm glad I'm not making those decisions . . .

P.S. Welcome to the board! :welcome:

-----

Fan in Exile
09-04-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm certain about a few things for tomorrow.

1) McDaniels is going to cut some player that makes it onto another team at some point, and probably makes it look like he shouldn't have been cut from here.

2) McDaniels is going cut someone I don't think he should have.

3) McDaniels is going to cut someone a large portion of the fan base doesn't think he should.

4) McDaniels is going to cut someone that the team has spent money or draft picks on and we look at it and think what a waste.

I am sure of this because he's got to cut a 76 man roster down to 53. He just can't keep all the people. He's also got to balance the needs of all the units with the need for special teams players. AND he has to do all this without enough information.

Consider, did Moss really turn a corner last night or was it a dead cat bounce? How are the injuries going to play out for the year. It would look pretty bad to cut Jordan if a bunch of guys are going to go down, but silly to cut Walker if they've got room to develop him. The questions like that just keep going.

So tomorrow I'm going to freak out a little bit and talk about how much more I know than the coach, because that's fun. But I'm also going to keep in mind the reality of life in the NFL.

Dortoh
09-04-2009, 02:12 PM

1) McDaniels is going to cut some player that makes it onto another team at some point, and probably makes it look like he shouldn't have been cut from here.

3) McDaniels is going to cut someone a large portion of the fan base doesn't think he should.

4) McDaniels is going to cut someone that the team has spent money or draft picks on and we look at it and think what a waste.

I am sure of this because he's got to cut a 76 man roster down to 53. He just can't keep all the people. He's also got to balance the needs of all the units with the need for special teams players. AND he has to do all this without enough information.

Consider, did Moss really turn a corner last night or was it a dead cat bounce? How are the injuries going to play out for the year. It would look pretty bad to cut Jordan if a bunch of guys are going to go down, but silly to cut Walker if they've got room to develop him. The questions like that just keep going.

So tomorrow I'm going to freak out a little bit and talk about how much more I know than the coach, because that's fun. But I'm also going to keep in mind the reality of life in the NFL.

5. McD is going to cut someone who I've never even heard of before and it is going to be the first time said player gets his name in the Sports section of the local paper. Said players mother will keep the clipping and show it to his kids one day with pride.

honz
09-04-2009, 02:13 PM

Total pwnage of the internets.

CoachChaz
09-04-2009, 02:15 PM
McDaniels is going to be the cause of the next cancerous tumor that is diagnosed in a Colorado hospital

topscribe
09-04-2009, 02:16 PM
McDaniels is going to be the cause of the next cancerous tumor that is diagnosed in a Colorado hospital

Yeah . . . his own because of the stress.

Man, I wouldn't have his job. I really wouldn't . . .

-----

Northman
09-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Yeah . . . his own because of the stress.

Man, I wouldn't have his job. I really wouldn't . . .

-----

I would, then i would come on here and laugh at all who doubted my greatness. :D

Ray Finkle
09-04-2009, 02:19 PM
This message has been blocked because this user is on your ignore list and he is a big fat poopy head.

not to mention a poor punter....

sorry Nubis, couldn't resist...

underrated29
09-04-2009, 02:20 PM

1.- that would be Tim Crowder

2.-Carleton Powell

3.-Brandon LLoyd, Josh Barrett.

4.-Jarvis Moss (although most think he is/was a waste)

Magnificent Seven
09-04-2009, 02:36 PM

A. Worst Nightmare:

Cut Tom Brandstater? What? Are you kidding me? He's awesome! IMO, I thinik he is way better than Chris Simms. I really want him to be our starting QB. I like his style and his passing is smoothly! I hope that Orton could lose his job to Tom Brandstater.

I think they would cut J'Vonne Parker, Nick Greisen, Ingle Martin, Marcus Thomas(RB #29), and maybe Lamont Jordon.

There is no way to cut Peyton Hillis. He's awesome and he will be #1 fullback.

OrangeHoof
09-04-2009, 02:38 PM
5. McD is going to cut someone who I've never even heard of before and it is going to be the first time said player gets his name in the Sports section of the local paper. Said players mother will keep the clipping and show it to his kids one day with pride.

Said player is also going to tell chicks for years that he "once played for the Denver Broncos" in order to impress them, even though none of them can ever remember somebody by that name playing for the Broncos.

Magnificent Seven

2.-Carleton Powell

Jarvis Moss was a waste? I disagreed! Last night, he had 4 tackles and 1 sack. He's good!

MOtorboat
I hope that Orton could lose his job to Kyle Orton.

Try that one again.

Magnificent Seven
09-04-2009, 02:44 PM

2.-Carleton Powell

Brandon LLoyd was good. He won't get cut. Brandstater to Lloyd scenes were fun to watch.

honz
09-04-2009, 02:44 PM
try that one again.

lol.

claymore
09-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Id have allot of respect for JMCD if he cut Orton straight up.

Magnificent Seven
09-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Try that one again.

I edited this one. Orton would lose his job to Tom Brandstater. Sorry. :D

OrangeHoof
09-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Said player is also going to tell chicks for years that he "once played for the Denver Broncos" in order to impress them, even though none of them can ever remember somebody by that name playing for the Broncos.

Off topic, but I love telling this story. There used to be a lefthanded reliever in the big leagues by the name of Bill Henry. He was raised in Texas and returned to Texas after he retired from baseball. He was not a particularly chatty guy so few in baseball kept up with him.

Some guy in Florida conned a bunch of people for years that *he* was actually Bill Henry and even married a woman who believed he was Bill Henry so when the fraudulent Bill Henry passed away a few years ago, she notified the media and the AP dutifully published reports that major league lefthander Bill Henry had passed away.

One of the few sportswriters that had kept in touch with the real Henrys decided to look up an old phone number he had to express his condolences and when the number rang, Mrs. Henry answered the phone. The reporter sheepishly expressed his condolences and Mrs. Henry had no idea what he was talking about.

"No," she said. "He's right here eating breakfast. Do you want to talk to him?"

So, there were a lot of papers that had to print retractions. The widow of the fake Bill Henry was completely stunned. He had regaled her for years with his stories about life in the big leagues. It had all been a big lie.

Lonestar
09-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Jarvis Moss was a waste? I disagreed! Last night, he had 4 tackles and 1 sack. He's good!

in the last half of the game against other scrubs..

to bad he did not produce sooner..against players that will not be flipping hamburgers on tuesday

maybe he is going to be a player but #1 choices should not be anywhere near the chopping block..

MOtorboat
09-04-2009, 02:58 PM
They better not cut McKinley, I spent 45 minutes on this signature this morning.

Dortoh
09-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Cut Tom Brandstater? What? Are you kidding me? He's awesome! IMO, I thinik he is way better than Chris Simms. I really want him to be our starting QB. I like his style and his passing is smoothly! I hope that Orton could lose his job to Tom Brandstater.

I think they would cut J'Vonne Parker, Nick Greisen, Ingle Martin, Marcus Thomas(RB #29), and maybe Lamont Jordon.

There is no way to cut Peyton Hillis. He's awesome and he will be #1 fullback.

1. I agree Tom is awesome and has tons of potential
2. Orton sucks
3. Tom would get eaten alive at this point dont ruin the kid. Bring him along for a year and compete next year.

Ravage!!!
09-04-2009, 03:46 PM
in the last half of the game against other scrubs..

to bad he did not produce sooner..against players that will not be flipping hamburgers on tuesday

maybe he is going to be a player but #1 choices should not be anywhere near the chopping block..

Yet it happens EVERY YEAR around the NFL... E V E R Y Y E A R

LTC Pain
09-04-2009, 03:48 PM
They better not cut McKinley, I spent 45 minutes on this signature this morning.

Agreed. Develop more upper body strength and work on the hands and this kid will be around awhile. A couple of times he made moves that totally fooled the defender covering him. Potential for yards after catch is high!

LRtagger
09-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Well because of the Jay Cutler trade I have a feeling that McDaniels is going to cut all of our first string players and keep all of the scrubs.

Also because of his poor decisions I think he will sign Marshall to a huge extension with $50mil gauranteed and then cut him the next day.

Thnikkaman
Ingle Martin cut.

underrated29

He will not get cut. I will bet my left nut on it. I will bet my right nut that Jordan doesnt get cut either. And my whole dong that hillis stays. (in regards to original poster)

if not call up lorena. I am prepared.

LTC Pain
09-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Ingle Martin cut.

Source?

Dortoh
09-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Some mod should make a official Cut list and sticky it. Then nobody post in it unless its an "Official" cut.

I guess I could then someone sticky that sucka

LTC Pain
09-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Some mod should make a official Cut list and sticky it. Then nobody post in it unless its an "Official" cut.

I guess I could then someone sticky that sucka

Agreed. And merge the two "cut" threads going right now.

Tned
09-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Tned is the source. Martin is cut.

Oh yea, Denver Post is reporting it to.
@denverbroncos Add QB Ingle Martin to the cut list.

Dortoh
Agreed. And merge the two "cut" threads going right now.

No it would be great to have a thread without cut discussion so someone could quickly get up to date on who is flipping hamburger pattys Sunday.

Dortoh
Tned is the source. Martin is cut.

Oh yea, Denver Post is reporting it to.
@denverbroncos Add QB Ingle Martin to the cut list.

I am lead to believe by this news that Orton is sticking

LTC Pain
09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
No it would be great to have a thread without cut discussion so someone could quickly get up to date on who is flipping hamburger pattys Sunday.

So, you want an official cut thread with just the names of who's cut and another cut thread to discuss who has been cut??? This all needs to be combined in one thread so everyone can find it easy.

Tned
09-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I have created a new thread for the confirmed cuts. Won't be merging, because these other threads were full of speculation.

Tned
09-04-2009, 03:57 PM
So, you want an official cut thread with just the names of who's cut and another cut thread to discuss who has been cut??? This all needs to be combined in one thread so everyone can find it easy.

I think we can discuss the cuts in the stickied thread, but not merge in all the pre-cut speculation. Just post and discuss actual cuts.

Dortoh
09-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I have created a new thread for the confirmed cuts. Won't be merging, because these other threads were full of speculation.

Then delete mine :laugh:

Tned
09-04-2009, 04:08 PM

Thread or post? Did you create one of the cut threads? I can merge the non-stickied one or just let them die.

Tned
09-04-2009, 04:10 PM

Ok, I saw that you had created one too. I just deleted it, since there wasn't much in it, and all of the confirmed cuts are in the stickied thread.

Dortoh
09-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Ok, I saw that you had created one too. I just deleted it, since there wasn't much in it, and all of the confirmed cuts are in the stickied thread.

:salute:

topscribe
09-04-2009, 04:21 PM
I am lead to believe by this news that Orton is sticking

Source?

-----

Dean
09-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Source?

-----

No, it's true. I heard it from the sister of a girl friend who dated the cousin of the groundskeeper who heard it in the restroom from a guy who is friends with Turners wife. It's gotta be true! ;)

TXBRONC
09-04-2009, 07:06 PM

How sad even in thread cuts are made. :tsk:

Noway
09-04-2009, 07:22 PM
good effort for the final preseason game when no starters play a significant amount of time. Judge your team by the third preseason game and there you go. It's clear that the division is the Chargers to lose, but that's what they said about the Broncos with three games left last season and they lost it...

Traveler
09-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Broncos | Holliday coming for work out
Fri, 04 Sep 2009 17:46:10 -0700

Armando Salguero, of The Miami Herald, reports free-agent DE Vonnie Holliday (Dolphins) is on his way to Denver to work out with the Denver Broncos.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl