PDA

View Full Version : Broncos OTA - 5-20-13

Denver Native (Carol)
05-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Rb knowshon moreno lb joe mays no reps - rehabbing injuries

Brock osweiler changed to no 17

Willis McGahee agent Chafie Fields: "He's ready to compete. No messages.'' McGahee is veteran who works on his own. Offseason is voluntary.

Talked to Willis McGahee's agent Chafie Fields: "He's following the same routine he's done his whole career. He'll be there.''

RB Willis McGahee not expected to attend OTA today. As they like to say for such things, OTAs are voluntary.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Darren McKee Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043

Impressing. Greg Orton. Also Brock looking strong

Trindon Holliday having a bit of a rough practice. High risk high reward

Broncos had a very sharp morning in team drills. Very sharp. Excellent start. Working punt return. Welker in mix

Watching manning throw to Welker - chills!

The last allowed Ohio on the offense. Shutting it down for mr manning pic.twitter.com/OSzVwpR4kR
View photo

This is the road to the Super Bowl this year. Hard to imagine this isn't one of the best teams pic.twitter.com/iTkgKP3zJa View photo

What a day out here!!! First manning sighting. Fields are spectacular!! Amazing day pic.twitter.com/r414tTOLHi

Slick
05-20-2013, 12:41 PM
I wonder if Willie Mac is the only no show. That's kind of disappointing.

slim
05-20-2013, 12:42 PM
DMac is in love with Orton. Pretty sure he wants to bang him.

underrated29
05-20-2013, 12:47 PM
DMac is in love with Orton. Pretty sure he wants to bang him.

You dont?

slim
05-20-2013, 12:48 PM
You dont?

I don't love him or want to bang him. He's not really my type.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043

On players not here. Not hurt. This is a voluntary camp. Doesn't feel voluntary. On Brock confidence way higher pic.twitter.com/K3wBamDi5F View photo

Fox on the new media box. Outstanding new set up. Manning way more comfy. More familiar w teammates pic.twitter.com/iQHlEWDvw3 View photo

LTC Pain
05-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks Carol!

TXBRONC
05-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Thanks Carol. :hug:

This stuff just gets me excited for season to get started.

Traveler
05-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Who's snapping to Manning? Blake or Ramirez?

Denver Native (Carol)
05-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043

Rahim says he got a ton of support from other nfl guys pic.twitter.com/De7sKJDvRT

Happy for broncos to bring in Woodson. Never has backed away from competition. Dawkins talked to him off season pic.twitter.com/HGNmKaqpdC

Rahim says he loves everything re broncos including the grass. He's 23 but feels growing and learning pic.twitter.com/bS1vB4qwUI

Rahim says he was fine and ready to move on. Insists he has had a great off season pic.twitter.com/sXwj8dkiFw

High marks for dt and decker. Can see they already have better chemistry. pic.twitter.com/zmXJjT0Eu3

Looking forward to the Harris Welker match up. Hasn't seen it yet. They didn't run much nickel today pic.twitter.com/fjquZcsIVF

Champ has talked to him briefly. Any team in league would love to have him pic.twitter.com/3i5CxFr8nP

Guys need to be in playbook. On Hillman u should be better in year one than two. See his role increasing. pic.twitter.com/9k4MXEFz3x

Gase has set ota goals they are trying to hit. pic.twitter.com/c5j0E9kN3k

First day of working w ball. On mcg NOT being here no real comment. Guys here working here pic.twitter.com/aRsdPYdrvw

Manning is feeling fine. Happy to throw against other players v throwing v air pic.twitter.com/AUevc8wczw

Denver Native (Carol)
05-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

Tremendous stuff from Rahim Moore. Too much to tweet. We'll wrap it all up on CBS4 at 5 and 6.

Just asked Shaun Phillips about his role replacing Elvis: "I'm a proven player in this league"

Champ couldn't stop raving about the development of Thomas and Decker. Says they're better than ever.

TXBRONC
05-20-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm looking forward to what Peyton and his trio of receivers can do in year two.

slim
05-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Happy for broncos to bring in Woodson. Never has backed away from competition.

Hmmmmm.....

LTC Pain
05-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Thanks Carol. :hug:

This stuff just gets me excited for season to get started.

Quad!!! I need to be put in stasis until the Broncos season starts :(

Denver Native (Carol)
05-20-2013, 05:48 PM

If you're a Broncos fan whose still emotionally scarred by the turn of events on Jan 12, 2013, need to watch this: http://cbsloc.al/12pRzx8

Here's the entire Rahim Moore interview from today. Great stuff: http://cbsloc.al/12pRzx8

Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos

@VicLombardi Bottom line is if everyone else was/is as accountable as Rahim has been, including today, he wouldn't be getting all the blame.

topscribe
05-20-2013, 06:44 PM

If you're a Broncos fan whose still emotionally scarred by the turn of events on Jan 12, 2013, need to watch this: http://cbsloc.al/12pRzx8

Here's the entire Rahim Moore interview from today. Great stuff: http://cbsloc.al/12pRzx8

Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos

@VicLombardi Bottom line is if everyone else was/is as accountable as Rahim has been, including today, he wouldn't be getting all the blame.
I was so pleased with Rahim today. He looked and talked like a man today.

TXBRONC
05-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Was watching Total Access and they were reporting the Broncos OTAs and talked about how Manning seems already to be insync with his receivers and there doesn't seems to be a concern on how Shawn Phillips will fit into this defense.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-20-2013, 07:38 PM
There were some throws when Peyton Manning's arm seemed stronger than it was at this time last year.

There was also the occasional throw when the arm seemed a little older. Then again, this was nothing but the first practice of the offseason.

"I feel fine," Manning said.

He added nothing more to the question he has never enjoyed answering. Nothing like the first day of organized training activities (OTAs) Monday for the Broncos and Manning to pick up where they left off.

rest - plus video - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23284261/peyton-manning-broncos-return-offseason-practices

silkamilkamonico
05-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Prolly dumb question, but are these available to public - do people go - when and where?

underrated29
05-20-2013, 10:02 PM
No, no no and dove valley

silkamilkamonico
05-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Cool - thanks.

Simple Jaded
05-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Moore isn't taking all the blame, Fox, Bailey and Manning have been their share too.

aulaza
05-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Here is an informative article by Cecil Lammey on B/R. Some interesting observations on the first day of OTA's.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1646385-2013-denver-broncos-minicamp-report-skill-positions-report

topscribe
05-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Here is an informative article by Cecil Lammey on B/R. Some interesting observations on the first day of OTA's.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1646385-2013-denver-broncos-minicamp-report-skill-positions-report
Thanks. That was a great report from Cecil. It is really exciting, too, to see
how far Osweiler has come. He's going to be a good one, I suspect.

TXBRONC
05-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks. That was a great report from Cecil. It is really exciting, too, to see
how far Osweiler has come. He's going to be a good one, I suspect.

Also just how much of project Dysert is.

TXBRONC
05-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Zam I suggest you read this:

2013 Denver Broncos Minicamp: Skill Positions Report
By Cecil Lammey(Contributor) on May 21, 20132013 Denver Broncos Minicamp: Skill Positions Report
By Cecil Lammey(Contributor) on May 21, 2013

I like where the Broncos selected Dysert and believe that good teams draft and develop young quarterbacks whenever they can. Dysert is a good developmental prospect, but there are a few things he needs to improve on. I like where the Broncos selected Dysert and believe that good teams draft and develop young quarterbacks whenever they can. Dysert is a good developmental prospect, but there are a few things he needs to improve on.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1646385-2013-denver-broncos-minicamp-report-skill-positions-report#/articles/1646385-2013-denver-broncos-minicamp-report-skill-positions-report/page/4http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1646385-2013-denver-broncos-minicamp-report-skill-positions-report#/articles/1646385-2013-denver-broncos-minicamp-report-skill-positions-report/page/4

SR
05-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Zam I suggest you read this:

You know better

TXBRONC
05-21-2013, 11:26 AM
You know better

True but I wanted it be on the record that it was suggested he actually take the time to read.

Chef Zambini
05-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Zam I suggest you read this:read it, thanks.
would like to read one on BROCK !

SR
05-21-2013, 12:07 PM
read it, thanks.

To the Internet you shall go

Chef Zambini
05-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Want more real-time Denver Broncos news?Visit Team Stream on BleacherReport.com! ×
2013 Denver Broncos Minicamp: Skill Positions Report
By Cecil Lammey(Contributor) on May 21, 2013

Brock Osweiler was simply outstanding Monday. Several things are different about Osweiler in 2013. He has a different jersey number now. He changed from the "No. 6" he wore as a rookie to his college "No. 17" and looked like a different player too.

He was showing off his rocket arm on most every throw. Osweiler has an improved motion, and his release point was consistently over his head at the proper spot. He makes zipping passes look effortless and showed proper footwork and hip snap when throwing Monday.

His strong arm caused some dropped passes by receivers who had to be surprised at the ball coming in that fast. Osweiler used his arm strength to split double-teams, and he was able to throw into incredibly tight (and shrinking) windows.

On one play, Osweiler fit the ball into running back Lance Ball as middle linebacker Nate Irving swooped in to break up the play. Irving anticipated the throw but was unable to make it to the ball by the time it hit Ball in the hands. The veteran back was able to scoot up the field untouched after the catch.

Osweiler also showed good touch on his passes. It's a skill that he didn't have down last year as a rookie. He was able to hit wide receiver Greg Orton on a deep route near the sidelines where the ball dropped in right over Orton's shoulder in stride 30-plus yards down the field.

Throwing on the run is not a problem for Osweiler either. He looked good throwing on the move in either direction, still zipping the pass accurately to his intended target. His athleticism was also on display as he scrambled to pick up some yards when all options as a passer were exhausted.

I've always said if Osweiler plays up to his potential he can be a Ben Roethlisberger-like quarterback. Monday, he looked more seasoned and more relaxed than ever before.
THANKS CECIL !

SR
05-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Peyton's job is in danger! Oh noes!!!

TXBRONC
05-21-2013, 12:50 PM
read it, thanks.

So you're incapable of navigating the rest of the report?

aulaza
05-22-2013, 02:52 AM
A new development..........Fannin has been released.

After reading Lammey's report I wasn't too hopeful, seems like he was just unable to get over those injuries, its a shame. Wish him well for the future.

I guess that means Hester is looking a virtual certainty to make the roster now.

Chef Zambini
05-22-2013, 11:12 AM
So you're incapable of navigating the rest of the report?me not no how two reed.

SR
05-22-2013, 11:43 AM
me not no how two reed.

That's not new news...

TXBRONC
05-22-2013, 02:34 PM
me not no how two reed.

You haven't told me anything that I didn't already know.