PDA

View Full Version : Broncos, Rahim Moore 'over it'

Denver Native (Carol)
05-19-2013, 01:37 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos have moved on, even if their fans haven't.

That includes Rahim Moore, the safety whose big blunder led to Denver's heart-wrenching loss in the playoffs four months ago.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9291503/rahim-moore-denver-broncos-put-big-blunder-them

From same article -

Miller said nobody in the locker room holds Moore any more accountable for the playoff loss than they do themselves.

"Rahim made a few key tackles that day. He was all over the place. It was just a football folly," Miller said. "I don't blame Rahim. I blame me and Elvis: 70 yards to go, we know they're going to pass the ball. That's why they bring me and Elvis to close the game out and neither of us got to the quarterback. I took it hard."

Nomad
05-19-2013, 01:42 PM
A wise old man sat in an audience and cracked a joke. Everyone laughed like crazy. He told the same joke again, but this time less people laughed. He said that same joke, again and again. Once there was no more laughter in the crowd, he smiled and said

"See you can't laugh at the same joke over and over again, why cry over the same thing again and again?"

Simple Jaded
05-19-2013, 03:06 PM
They need to make Rahim Moore field punts at all team functions this offseason, he's gonna see a lot of action this year.

broncobryce
05-19-2013, 09:14 PM
A wise old man sat in an audience and cracked a joke. Everyone laughed like crazy. He told the same joke again, but this time less people laughed. He said that same joke, again and again. Once there was no more laughter in the crowd, he smiled and said

"See you can't laugh at the same joke over and over again, why cry over the same thing again and again?"

This, and they act like Moore was the only one who screwed up to lose the game. Champ getting burned a lot, and Manning throwing the Favre-esque INT in OT comes to mind.

chazoe60
05-19-2013, 10:02 PM
The Ravens are over it too. :puke:

tomjonesrocks
05-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Glad they're over it. I'm not ... :puke:

topscribe
05-20-2013, 12:23 AM
I hope you two clean all that up before you leave . . .

Timmy!
05-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Gee that's nice. I feel so much better now. :harf:

Northman
05-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Apparently they arent quite over it if they are still writing articles on it.

BroncoJoe
05-20-2013, 11:14 AM
This is SO last year.

CoachChaz
05-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Good grief. Let it go people. There is this crazy thing that goes on and on, no matter what you try to do. it's called life.

BroncoJoe
05-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Good grief. Let it go people. There is this crazy thing that goes on and on, no matter what you try to do. it's called life.

Right, but these are the same people who would take a playoff appearance over $5k.

CoachChaz
05-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Right, but these are the same people who would take a playoff appearance over $5k.

Good point. I gotta say I'm pretty jealous. I wish my life was so easy and empty that my primary focus and reason for living was a game.

Wait a second...no...I'm pretty happy loving my team no matter what as I enjoy my family and life first.

Northman
05-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Where's the popcorn?

Timmy!
05-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Must.....fight....urge.......to post......gif......

BroncoWave
05-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Anyone who is still brooding over the Moore play has no life.

Timmy!
05-20-2013, 02:44 PM

Eat a bowl of dicks. :yo:

I do find it funny that as soon as somebody says Moore sucks a bunch of people panties get all twisted and they start with the slander and then turn into the fan/life police. Its entertainment at this point.

BroncoWave
05-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Eat a bowl of dicks. :yo:

I do find it funny that as soon as somebody says Moore sucks a bunch of people panties get all twisted and they start with the slander and then turn into the fan/life police. Its entertainment at this point.

I'm not fan policing at all. If anything you are a way more die-hard fan than I am if you are still upset about the Moore play.

Slick
05-20-2013, 04:06 PM
I am trying to figure out where I sit with the fan police. Like is it okay to still think Moore made the shittiest play in a game where Denver made some shitty plays that cost them the game?

Timmy!
05-20-2013, 04:58 PM
I am trying to figure out where I sit with the fan police. Like is it okay to still think Moore made the shittiest play in a game where Denver made some shitty plays that cost them the game?

Well u could, but making that kind of comment especially in a Rahim Moore thread about said shittiest play on a Broncos forum would obviously mean you have no life.

topscribe
05-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Well, except for why is that the worst play? Is it worse than Champ's gettng
burned, which cost the Broncos a TD? Or Manning's INT in OT, which essentially
ended the game? How about that Carter whiffed his coverage, which left Moore
alone on the receiver in the first place? Or Ayers spinning out of his gap,
leaving a wide-open lane for Flacco to step up into to throw the pass?

The most obvious transgression isn't necessarily the worst . . .

Northman
05-20-2013, 05:25 PM

Pretty much where i stand on it. A lot of bad play but his takes the cake. No question about it.

slim

It is clearly the worst.

Northman

Depends on your point of view.

Timmy!
05-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Pretty much where i stand on it. A lot of bad play but his takes the cake. No question about it.

I don't see how this is even debatable at this point. There were plenty of bad plays that game, but Moore's is the King Kong of bad plays, hence news articles like this one. When you think Manning or Bailey what images come to mind? Now do the same thing with Rahim Moore.........In the future we all hope Rahim changes that, but for now it is what it is.

chazoe60
05-20-2013, 05:39 PM
I hope he becomes an All-Pro stud, best FS in the business, but until then I'm not gonna participate in the "OMG I love Rahim" puke-fest.

Northman
05-20-2013, 05:45 PM
I don't see how this is even debatable at this point. There were plenty of bad plays that game, but Moore's is the King Kong of bad plays, hence news articles like this one. When you think Manning or Bailey what images come to mind? Now do the same thing with Rahim Moore.........In the future we all hope Rahim changes that, but for now it is what it is.

Yea, i would take it a step further. Moore's play wasnt something that happened at the end of the first half or any other time during the game of regulation. Manning had already driven the team down for a go ahead score with under 2 minutes remaining. While the pass rush was virtually non-existent on our end Moore's biggest responsibility is a basic one, dont let anyone get behind you. Is all this correctable in the future? Sure. But as you said it doesnt change that his was the most detrimental play of the game hands down. We were winning when we needed too and the simplest of responsibilities was missed on Moore's part.

dogfish
05-20-2013, 07:05 PM

no, comrade, that is not acceptable. . . you must love rahim!

Simple Jaded
05-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Meh, every time I see the replay I wanna kick a puppy. Apparently this isn't normal. I have no life, so be it.

broncofaninfla
05-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Rahim has taken responsibility and sounds motivated by it. As sick as i was when it happened it's in the past. It's a new season, new slate, new opportunities. I've made mistakes that were forgiven, he gets the same from me.

Buff
05-21-2013, 09:20 AM
I need like 20-30 more years and then I will have put this whole thing behind me.

chazoe60
05-21-2013, 09:24 AM
I need like 20-30 more years and then I will have put this whole thing behind me.

Well, you are obviously an idiot with no life. Hey, let's bitch about Tebow, apparently that is the path to forgiving Rahim.

CoachChaz
05-21-2013, 09:35 AM
And yet another thread where comments and points of view are blown completely out of proportion. Love it

Buff
05-21-2013, 09:46 AM
And yet another thread where comments and points of view are blown completely out of proportion. Love it

I don't know - this seems pretty unambiguous to me.

CoachChaz
05-21-2013, 10:06 AM
I don't know - this seems pretty unambiguous to me.

I didnt say the "out of proportion comments" were one-sided.

Chef Zambini
05-21-2013, 11:17 AM

.... and who was the LEADER on the field, INTHE HUDDLE, who reminded everyone, including MOORE about down, distance, no time outs and clock running?
who was that guy/
NO BODY, say it like the saints.

BroncoWave
05-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Well u could, but making that kind of comment especially in a Rahim Moore thread about said shittiest play on a Broncos forum would obviously mean you have no life.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. :rolleyes:

Ravage!!!
05-21-2013, 12:14 PM
... and who was the LEADER on the field, INTHE HUDDLE, who reminded everyone, including MOORE about down, distance, no time outs and clock running?
who was that guy/
NO BODY, say it like the saints.

This is so stupid. This is probably the dumbest complaint you have, of ALLL the dumb complaints you have.

Its the END of the game, who doesn't know that? You don't think that the guy that has made a PROFESSIONAL football team, that has played his entire life, knows about the distance and time on the clock?

1) he didn't/doesn't need to be reminded about that, ESPECIALLY at that moment of the game.

2) How the H-E-Double L could you POSSIBLY know that no one made these comments in the huddle? Because the play wasn't made??? Do you HONESTLY think that the play was not made because no one in the huddle "Reminded" Moore that he needs to knock down the ball??? You don't think that miss plays happen even when the other team knows what the play is goign to be? YOu don't think that passes have been completed even when everyone knew it was a passing down? You don't think that teams have converted 4th and 1 when EVERYONE knew it was a running play? You think that EVERY play that is executed is because someone in the huddle didn't "Remind" the players on defense that they need to stop the other team?

it's just an absolutely ridiculous line of thinking.

BroncoJoe
05-21-2013, 01:20 PM
While Moore understands it's hard for some fans to let it go, he insists he has.

"The thing is it's like life in general: you have to move on. You're going to have some good days, some bad days. But you can't just thrive on the good days all the time," Moore said. "The fans, that's what they're supposed to do, that's why they're there for us, they pay all their money, their hard-earned money and they want to see greatness. So, I don't fault them at all.

"But this year, we're going to do all we can to put some smiles on their faces. A Rahim smile at that."

I'm not sure "over it" is the right words for me, but I am looking forward to this years team making me forget.

topscribe
05-21-2013, 01:44 PM
This has really gotten to be a stupid thread. In his most recent presser, Champ
said the only people who are still talking about this are "you guys," meaning the
press and, by extension, the fans.

The players know what it is to make mistakes because they all make them. The
timing of the mistakes depends on the times the mistakes are made. Redundant
as that statement might seem, it stresses the fact that this factor is beyond
the control of the players. They don't decide when they're going to make them.

It's easy for us fans to sit on our butts with a beer and chips and expect what
we do of the players. It's understood that we pay good money for it, whether
for tickets, merchandise, or inflated prices for advertised products. But we're
rooting for human beings who generally play their hearts out every week.

Rahim Moore is turning into a damn good safety. That means he has several
years of helping the team win ahead of him. To hell with last year. That's a
canceled check. Let's stock up on beer and chips and get on with this next
season. Super Bowl or bust!! :defense::whoo::woot::nixon::beer:

LTC Pain
05-21-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm over Moore's mistake against the Ravens as much as I'm over all the other mistakes the rest of the Broncos made in that game that led to the loss. If you are still butt hurt over Moore's mistake then piss up a rope with your mouth open. It's the 2013 season and the Broncos are a Super Bowl favorite. I'm looking ahead!

Buff
05-21-2013, 01:50 PM
This has really gotten to be a stupid thread. In his most recent presser, Champ
said the only people who are still talking about this are "you guys," meaning the
press and, by extension, the fans.

The players know what it is to make mistakes because they all make them. The
timing of the mistakes depends on the times the mistakes are made. Redundant
as that statement might seem, it stresses the fact that this factor is beyond
the control of the players. They don't decide when they're going to make them.

It's easy for us fans to sit on our butts with a beer and chips and expect what
we do of the players. It's understood that we pay good money for it, whether
for tickets, merchandise, or inflated prices for advertised products. But we're
rooting for human beings who generally play their hearts out every week.

Rahim Moore is turning into a damn good safety. That means he has several
years of helping the team win ahead of him. To hell with last year. That's a
canceled check. Let's stock up on beer and chips and get on with this next
season. Super Bowl or bust!! :defense::whoo::woot::nixon::beer:

Yeah, well the players are hired mercenaries... Of course they are able to move past it more quickly than the fans.

topscribe
05-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Yeah, well the players are hired mercenaries... Of course they are able to move past it more quickly than the fans.
Right. That one play makes such a dramatic difference in the grand scheme of life, doesn't it? :coffee:

Buff
05-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Right. That one play makes such a dramatic difference in the grand scheme of life, doesn't it? :coffee:

It forever altered my existence and I will never be the same.

chazoe60
05-21-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm over Moore's mistake against the Ravens as much as I'm over all the other mistakes the rest of the Broncos made in that game that led to the loss. If you are still butt hurt over Moore's mistake then piss up a rope with your mouth open. It's the 2013 season and the Broncos are a Super Bowl favorite. I'm looking ahead!

If you're not still butt hurt about it I think you should douse yourself in lighter fluid and stick a sparkler up your ass as you do laps around your neighborhood shouting "look at me I'm a pretty little bitch".

topscribe
05-21-2013, 01:56 PM

If you're not still butt hurt about it I think you should douse yourself in lighter fluid and stick a sparkler up your ass as you do laps around your neighborhood shouting "look at me I'm a pretty little bitch".
I see we've now entered into the more intelligent phase of the debate . . .

chazoe60
05-21-2013, 01:57 PM

None of it matters in the grand scheme of life, but that's not why we're fans. We're fans because even though it shouldn't matter, it does.

chazoe60
05-21-2013, 01:58 PM
I see we've now entered into the more intelligent phase of the debate . . .

He started it Grandpa.

slim
05-21-2013, 01:59 PM
None of it matters in the grand scheme of life, but that's not why we're fans. We're fans because even though it shouldn't matter, it does.

Yeah, it's a shame that Top has wasted so much of his life on a sport and team that doesn't matter to him.

topscribe
05-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Ummm, well I guess that depends on who you are. I'm a fan. But I refuse to allow
a sport whose objective is to get this odd-shaped ball over your line more than
you get it over mine to alter my perceptive of God, family, and career . . .

chazoe60
05-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Ummm, well I guess that depends on who you are. I'm a fan. But I refuse to allow
a sport whose objective is to get this odd-shaped ball over your line more than
you get it over mine to alter my perceptive of God, family, and career . . .
Didn't say it should.

topscribe
05-21-2013, 02:03 PM
He started it Grandpa.
That's what my kids used to say, only they called me Dad.

Yeah, it's a shame that Top has wasted so much of his life on a sport and team that doesn't matter to him.
It's never a waste if you put the proper perspective to it. It's a shame that
you apparently don't . . .

slim
05-21-2013, 02:05 PM
That's what my kids used to say, only they called me Dad.

It's never a waste if you put the proper perspective to it. It's a shame that
you apparently don't . . .

Yeah, it's a shame that I have let that one game impact my life so much. My poor kid and wife haven't seen me since January and I can't hold down a job. It's shameful, really.

topscribe
05-21-2013, 02:07 PM
For some reason, it seems the adults have left the room.

Guess I will, too. Carry on . . .

slim
05-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Jeez Top, try to keep things in perspective.

chazoe60
05-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Yeah, it's a shame that I have let that one game impact my life so much. My poor kid and wife haven't seen me since January and I can't hold down a job. It's shameful, really.

This is the point I think people misconstrue. I think people visualize Slim and I in our homes, eyes bulging, throwing darts at a picture of Rahim Moore while muttering "I'll get Rahim, you won't see it coming, but I will get you!"

I don't even think about it unless I'm here or watching some Bronco related stuff and even then it's not like I turn red and get all twitter pated, I think "dammit Rahim, WTF?" That's it.

CoachChaz
05-21-2013, 02:13 PM
This is the point I think people misconstrue. I think people visualize Slim and I in our homes, eyes bulging, throwing darts at a picture of Rahim Moore while muttering "I'll get Rahim, you won't see it coming, but I will get you!"

I don't even think about it unless I'm here or watching some Bronco related stuff and even then it's not like I turn red and get all twitter pated, I think "dammit Rahim, WTF?" That's it.

I think everyone has that in their mind. Perhaps the difference with most is that the thought is usually followed with..."oh well, what's done is done. On to our Championship run in 2013". And then it ends.

slim
05-21-2013, 02:14 PM

I don't think about it at all, unless someone here brings it up.

But I hate listening to people try and defend him. I don't need to hear how great he is (he clearly is NOT a great player) or about his potential. If people want to pretend he is more than average, I wll call them on it every time.

Northman
05-21-2013, 02:24 PM

No shit.

Once i get off the forum thats it. I dont even take a second thought to this place once im done chatting on it let alone worry about Moore's play. lol

Buff
05-21-2013, 02:25 PM
At least Bill Buckner waited until the Red Sox got to the World Series before choking. #sobitter

slim
05-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Buckner gets a bad rap. They did NOT lose that game on that play....do you guys realize how many other mistakes were made in that game?

topscribe
05-21-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't think about it at all, unless someone here brings it up.

But I hate listening to people try and defend him. I don't need to hear how great he is (he clearly is NOT a great player) or about his potential. If people want to pretend he is more than average, I wll call them on it every time.

Really? That's not what I inferred from your crass remark here:

I think you're just being a horse's ass . . .

slim
05-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Really? That's not what I inferred from your crass remark here:

I can not be held responsible for the things you infer.

I think you're just being a horse's ass . . .

Name calling is cool. But you're the one who said it didn't matter.

dogfish
05-21-2013, 09:02 PM
jack's over it, too (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/21/del-rio-got-tired-of-apologizing-for-loss-to-ravens/), guys. . .

MO and beef will be so relieved. . .

dogfish
05-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Name calling is cool. But you're the one who said it didn't matter.

in fairness, i'm pretty sure we all think you're a horse's ass. . .

:welcome:

ShaneFalco
05-21-2013, 09:20 PM
im glad "the dream" is over it, im not. lol

MOtorboat
05-22-2013, 12:34 AM
jack's over it, too (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/21/del-rio-got-tired-of-apologizing-for-loss-to-ravens/), guys. . .

MO and beef will be so relieved. . .

LMAO...a nice giant "**** you" to the drama queen hangers on...I used to despise that man, my viewpoint is changing.

chazoe60
05-22-2013, 06:43 AM
LMAO...a nice giant "**** you" to the drama queen hangers on...
Says the guy who just bumped 5, year old Tebow threads and changed his sig to a jab at Tebow fans. :laugh:

Simple Jaded
05-22-2013, 01:58 PM
LMAO...a nice giant "**** you" to the drama queen hangers on...I used to despise that man, my viewpoint is changing.

Why did/do you dislike Del Rio? Just asking.

Jsteve01
05-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Mo heard he was lazy

dogfish
05-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Mo heard he was lazy

MO's a typical kansas/nebraska conservationist-- naturally, he was outraged by jack's excessive water bill. . . .

Ravage!!!
05-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Mo heard he was lazy

Yeah.. some report came out about Jack's "laziness" and many jumped on that right after we hired him.

Chef Zambini
05-23-2013, 11:36 AM
drama queen?
MO teaches the course at the local community college.
DRAMA QUEEN 101: with Professor Mo.
( I am the typing instructor across the hall.)

MOtorboat
05-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Can't really beat the irony of being called a drama queen by the Great Zambini...

Chef Zambini
05-23-2013, 12:02 PM
lets attend a bullfight together !

slim
05-23-2013, 02:37 PM
in fairness, i'm pretty sure we all think you're a horse's ass. . .

:welcome:

Fair enough