PDA

View Full Version : This years draft opinions

broncofaninfla
09-04-2009, 10:46 AM
I know it's early but what is everybodys take on this years draft picks so far?

So far I like A. Smith and Bruton.

Haven't seen enough on Moreno

Ayres hasn't impressed me to date. I see speed and mass confusion and only hints of potential.

Quinn, not impressed at all. He was supposed to be a blocking beast but I continuely see him get kocked on his *ss.

Micinnley- hands of stone, not impressed.

Kaylore
09-04-2009, 10:58 AM
I think you're spoiled by Clady and Eddie Royal. They are the exception to the rule. Most rookies take two or three years to get their sea legs. McKinnley has shown flashes and while I agree his hands don't seem that great, he's starting to come on.

Moreno will be good. He just needs to be eased back in.

Ayers is a player moving from 4-3 defensive lineman to 3-4 outside linebacker/DE. He also missed most of the first week of training camp. He's going to take some time to develop (if he ever does).

McBath has disappointed me but Bruton is playing better than I expected. I honestly thought Bruton was a soft player but he's been good in special teams and had a good game last night.

Quinn is doing fine. They use him a lot and I think he's going to have a long career in the nfl. He won't be a super star but he'll be very solid and very versatile.

Olsen has looked excellent for being a rookie and having to fill in for Hamilton and Kuper. I think he's going to be really good as well.

Obviously Brandstater's hype is off the charts. He has great accuracy, very good arm strength and he plays incredibly intelligently.

For the undrafteds I like Chris Baker and Everette Pedescleaux. Both of them are projects, but have starting talent as 3-4 NT. Lee Robinson has show flashes too.

Bottom line is it's too early to say with these guys. It'll take a few year to sort out who's working and who isn't.

Northman
09-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Brandstater looks good but he is playing mainly with backups.

IM REALLY IMPRESSED WITH SMITH. I still hated moving up to get him but at least he is showing me something. He has managed to stick to his guys like glue in the few plays i have seen and make some deflections. I havent seen that hardly at all anymore when it comes to this team so i welcome it bigtime.

As for the rest, i just havent seen enough of them to really determine anything yet.

broncofaninfla
09-04-2009, 11:06 AM
I think you're spoiled by Clady and Eddie Royal. They are the exception to the rule. Most rookies take two or three years to get their sea legs. McKinnley has shown flashes and while I agree his hands don't seem that great, he's starting to come on.

Moreno will be good. He just needs to be eased back in.

Ayers is a player moving from 4-3 defensive lineman to 3-4 outside linebacker/DE. He also missed most of the first week of training camp. He's going to take some time to develop (if he ever does).

McBath has disappointed me but Bruton is playing better than I expected. I honestly thought Bruton was a soft player but he's been good in special teams and had a good game last night.

Quinn is doing fine. They use him a lot and I think he's going to have a long career in the nfl. He won't be a super star but he'll be very solid and very versatile.

Olsen has looked excellent for being a rookie and having to fill in for Hamilton and Kuper. I think he's going to be really good as well.

Obviously Brandstater's hype is off the charts. He has great accuracy, very good arm strength and he plays incredibly intelligently.

For the undrafteds I like Chris Baker and Everette Pedescleaux. Both of them are projects, but have starting talent as 3-4 NT. Lee Robinson has show flashes too.

Bottom line is it's too early to say with these guys. It'll take a few year to sort out who's working and who isn't.

I've actually been fortunate enough to watch a lot of preseason football this year. I'm comparing our rookies to the others I have seen. I'm seeing some pretty impressive play by other rookies.

I agree it's too early just trying to get initial opinions on these guys.

I like Baker a lot as well. Huge upside with this huge kid.

nbenallo33
09-04-2009, 11:07 AM
it was preseason

Lonestar
09-04-2009, 11:17 AM
from what I have seen the rookies are raw and in most cases learning brand new schemes..

But I like they all seem to know how to tackle and all of them are re learning the basics.. as are quite a few vets..

cut down time I'm afraid will make me sad that we have to cut some real talented players..

something that we have not had in the past..

I also suspect that the scouts are looking at film of alot of other teams players hoping for folks to fill in holes here and there..

next ten days or so are going to be interesting..

claymore
09-04-2009, 11:31 AM
I think Olsen looks like Cutlers retarded cousin. I hope he turns out really good too,.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/iowa/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/2122972.jpeg

Dortoh
09-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Bruton is going to be special

OldschoolFreak
09-04-2009, 11:43 AM
I think Olsen looks like Cutlers retarded cousin. I hope he turns out really good too,.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/iowa/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/2122972.jpeg

You mean his slightly fatter retarded cousin?

claymore
09-04-2009, 11:44 AM
You mean his slightly fatter retarded cousin?

I hope the greek took blood tests .

broncofaninfla
09-04-2009, 12:01 PM
it was preseason

Exactly, I was asking for initail thoughts. It's way too early to lable any of these guys at this point. Just asking for opinions for initial thoughts.