PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius ranked no. 68 player by NFL Network

rationalfan
05-17-2013, 12:09 PM
too low? too high? discuss.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/05/17/demaryius-thomas-ranked-way-too-low-as-nfl-player-no-68/19844/

And the video from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/top100/2013#video=0ap2000000169203

MOtorboat
05-17-2013, 12:16 PM
It sounds about right, but without knowing who the top 59 are, I can't quite say yet.

SR
05-17-2013, 01:03 PM
I think that's fair. If he can build on last year this coming season, he'll break in to the top 30 or 40.

chazoe60
05-17-2013, 01:08 PM
As long as he's above Dez Bryant so we can all laugh at that idiot Alfred Williams.

slim
05-17-2013, 01:44 PM
"Malik Jackson and Rober Ayers are a better players than Derek Wolfe" - Alfred Williams

chazoe60
05-17-2013, 01:52 PM
I really can't stand Alfred Williams, he is probably the dumbest person I've ever had the mistortune of listening to on the radio.

slim
05-17-2013, 01:58 PM
I don't mind him. I don't agree with 99% of the shit he says, but I still like him.

chazoe60
05-17-2013, 02:01 PM
I don't mind him. I don't agree with 99% of the shit he says, but I still like him.

I think he is functionally retarded.

slim
05-17-2013, 02:03 PM
a-la-mode.....

rationalfan
05-17-2013, 02:03 PM
I really can't stand Alfred Williams, he is probably the dumbest person I've ever had the mistortune of listening to on the radio.

well, then, we listen to vastly different radio stations.

chazoe60
05-17-2013, 02:05 PM
well, then, we listen to vastly different radio stations.

Then you must listen to 109.8 DUH FM, the mumbling mongoloid station, mumbling mongoloids 24/7, because that's the only thing possibly dumber than Alfred Williams.

BroncoWave
05-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Sounds about right to me as well. Definitely think he has the potential to be a top 20-30 player assuming he keeps progressing.

rationalfan
05-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Then you must listen to 109.8 DUH FM, the mumbling mongoloid station, mumbling mongoloids 24/7, because that's the only thing possibly dumber than Alfred Williams.

virtually every FM morning show radio DJ i've ever heard sounds dumber, more predictable, more ignorant and provides less info/entertainment than alfred williams.

if you include the political douchebags, he's better than an entire spectrum of radio jocks.

i get it if people disagree with his opinions/player evaluations. but the guy's anecdotes about his playing days are fun and his passion isn't contrived (like the bulk of DJs/commentators).

slim
05-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Holy cow....I think RF is Dmac.

chazoe60
05-17-2013, 02:20 PM
virtually every FM morning show radio DJ i've ever heard sounds dumber, more predictable, more ignorant and provides less info/entertainment than alfred williams.

if you include the political douchebags, he's better than an entire spectrum of radio jocks.

i get it if people disagree with his opinions/player evaluations. but the guy's anecdotes about his playing days are fun and his passion isn't contrived (like the bulk of DJs/commentators).

He's too dumb to even carry on a conversation. He gets all confused and turned around. He goes off on weird tangents because he doesn't understand half of what Dmac is asking him. The dude is dumb as shit.

chazoe60
05-17-2013, 02:22 PM
But hey, this is about Demaryius, so

Congrats to Thomas for making the list. 68th is damn good, it means that just a tad over 2 players per NFL team are considered better players than he.

broncobryce
05-17-2013, 02:24 PM
"Malik Jackson and Rober Ayers are a better players than Derek Wolfe" - Alfred Williams

I wonder if race has anything to do with that statement....

slim
05-17-2013, 02:25 PM
I wonder if race has anything to do with that statement....

I doubt it. He doesn't like Sly Williams either :noidea:

rationalfan
05-17-2013, 02:32 PM
He's too dumb to even carry on a conversation. He gets all confused and turned around. He goes off on weird tangents because he doesn't understand half of what Dmac is asking him. The dude is dumb as shit.

we'll just disagree on this one.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-17-2013, 03:11 PM

John Elway- "Alfred didn't like our first pick last year and Derek Wolfe turned out to be a heckuva football player, so we're thrilled that Alfred doesn't like our first pick this year either. We think Sylvester is gonna be a heck of a football player too."

MOtorboat
05-17-2013, 04:58 PM
I change my mind. I got home and realized they put Dwayne Bowe five spots higher than Thomas when Thomas had 650 more yards, 35 more receptions and seven more touchdowns...

drewloc
05-17-2013, 05:04 PM
I change my mind. I got home and realized they put Dwayne Bowe five spots higher than Thomas when Thomas had 650 more yards, 35 more receptions and seven more touchdowns...

I know, I just watched that and was pissed. Seriously...Dwayne Bowe didn't do squat compared to Thomas last year.

Ravage!!!
05-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Is it a ranking based on last year, or as a player?

MOtorboat
05-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Is it a ranking based on last year, or as a player?

It's supposed to be ranked by peers who were asked to rank players 1-20. They don't really say that they give the players any guidelines at all, from what I've seen.

Simple Jaded
05-17-2013, 11:35 PM

How many times have you heard him start a sentence, get lost, and go from 1st gear to reverse in midsentence? It's obvious that sometimes he doesn't even know his own opinion until it's already out of his mouth.

zbeg
05-18-2013, 04:12 AM

I assume they're adjusting for the fact that DT had Peyton while Bowe had a potted plant throwing at him. Isn't this list voted on by the players and not random media people?

That's pretty tough to swallow regardless.

BTW there are 13 receivers listed ahead of DT. That...can't be right. But this isn't the last time we're going to look at that list and go "wait, wtf?"

tomjonesrocks
05-18-2013, 11:42 AM
I sort of like Alfred when he sticks with from-a-former-player discussions about Xs and Os on the Dline. But they could probably find a lot of guys that can do that and be more listenable at other times.

"Look, man..."

It's amazing Thomas recovered from his atrocious start in the NFL. Most had given up on him, myself included.

Lancane
05-18-2013, 01:49 PM
He's on the list when he looked to be a bust at the same time the year before, I don't give a damn who is ranked above him and will not take it as a slight on him either. We also have to remember he did have a eleven dropped balls, that is neither great or bad. I think it's rather fair position for him to be honest.

Simple Jaded
05-18-2013, 03:10 PM
At least Thomas isn't ranked higher than his QB, that reflects reality. Makes the list at least somewhat legitimate, unlike last season when it was obvious some (one) players were included for no other reason than ratings.

broncobryce
05-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Thomas took a little time to develop, which is what was expected. Anyone saying he was a bust is an idiot.

1. Not many WR's come in like gangbusters, usually year 2 is when they start to show their skills
2. He came from a system in college where he didn't run a whole lot of technical routes
3. Thomas kept getting hurt so that delayed his development.
4. Thomas led the NFL in yards the last month or so of 2011.

Tebowtime2011
05-18-2013, 09:51 PM
He's on the list when he looked to be a bust at the same time the year before, I don't give a damn who is ranked above him and will not take it as a slight on him either. We also have to remember he did have a eleven dropped balls, that is neither great or bad. I think it's rather fair position for him to be honest. It is fair for dwayne bowe to be higher than him? That is ridiculous I am upset so much by that dwayne bowe should not have been on list at all but he is higher than DT. That makes no sense.

Lancane
05-19-2013, 10:59 AM
It is fair for dwayne bowe to be higher than him? That is ridiculous I am upset so much by that dwayne bowe should not have been on list at all but he is higher than DT. That makes no sense.

Is it fair? I don't know... But let me ply this to you, why is it not fair?

Dwayne Bowe has had three 1,000 plus yard seasons and fell short of that mark three times, two of which he was in reach of the mark. That is impressive, not to mention he did all this with some very questionable quarterbacking. Remember his peers voted him to that position, it's worth respecting from that aspect. Seriously, Thomas has to prove that last year wasn't all Manning, he has to improve on the numbers of last season, while eliminating his dropped passes and show better understanding of the offense, if he doesn't? Also, I keep seeing excuses that Thomas bloomed late and struggled with the offense...Bowe has had how many offensive scheme changes?

Thomas needs to show that last year wasn't a fluke and that he's improving, I mean do I really need to remind people that even Ashley Lelie had a 1,000 yard season (once) or look at Javon Walker and Brandon Lloyd, it takes more then one season to prove your worth in the NFL. I know it's the Top 100 of 2012, but remember Peyton Manning was listed the year before after not even playing.

Simple Jaded
05-19-2013, 01:07 PM
This list will always be tainted but at least Thomas is on the list, considering where he was a year ago that says something. In one year he went from being the reason the starting QB completely sucks monkey ass to PB consideration and "Top 100".

Poet
05-19-2013, 05:03 PM
The list is about the last season that was played. Bowe is obviously a good player, but he was not superior to Thomas last year. By the logic of consistency, Bowe would be better than A.J. Green for the same reasons. No one in the NFL is going to take Bowe over A.J. Green.

zbeg
05-19-2013, 07:05 PM
The list is about the last season that was played. Bowe is obviously a good player, but he was not superior to Thomas last year. By the logic of consistency, Bowe would be better than A.J. Green for the same reasons. No one in the NFL is going to take Bowe over A.J. Green.

I was talking about this to a friend and he asked, "How do you think they would have done if they switched teams? Matt Cassel throwing to DT and Peyton throwing to Bowe?"

I had to admit that was a pretty good point.

Poet
05-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Considering the fact that Bowe has been a quitter and a malcontent at times, I'll take Thomas over him. How do you think Bowe would have done with Tebow? They've both had some horrid passers as their QB.

MOtorboat
05-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Considering the fact that Bowe has been a quitter and a malcontent at times, I'll take Thomas over him. How do you think Bowe would have done with Tebow? They've both had some horrid passers as their QB.

I think this year is decisive evidence that Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker weren't keeping Tebow back.

SR
05-19-2013, 09:37 PM
It is fair for dwayne bowe to be higher than him? That is ridiculous I am upset so much by that dwayne bowe should not have been on list at all but he is higher than DT. That makes no sense.

Bowe is a hell of a receiver. To say he shouldn't be on the list is stupid.

Pudge
05-19-2013, 09:41 PM

I remember a game not long ago that the game was on the line, and bowe didn't make a play on the ball because he would have taken a big hit.