PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan returns to mile high

Chef Zambini
05-16-2013, 11:26 AM
HOW WILL TYHE BRONCOS org. COMMEMORATE THE EVENT?
what will they do what SHOULD they do?
should they do anything?
I think a half time 'salute' would be appropriate
\ big screen video, sound bites from former players and coaches.
and it would be a grerat game to wear a retro uniform.

jhildebrand
05-16-2013, 11:29 AM
They should treat him like an opposing team's coach because that is what he is. If he wants to be honored by the Broncos, more than he already has been, then he can do it once he is retired or comes back to the organization. Until then, he is an opponent.

Chef Zambini
05-16-2013, 11:37 AM
a half time salute wouild be a distraction to his team.

Chef Zambini
05-16-2013, 11:39 AM
They should treat him like an opposing team's coach because that is what he is. If he wants to be honored by the Broncos, more than he already has been, then he can do it once he is retired or comes back to the organization. Until then, he is an opponent.at the very least they should set him up with a date with the girl in your avatar.

Timmy!
05-16-2013, 12:13 PM
I vote the Broncos kick the Redskins ass.

MOtorboat
05-16-2013, 12:24 PM
On a scale of 1-10 Zam, how much do you despise Shanahan?

Because I'm thinking it's a 12.

And no, nothing should be done.

SR
05-16-2013, 12:29 PM
HOW WILL TYHE BRONCOS org. COMMEMORATE THE EVENT?
what will they do what SHOULD they do?
should they do anything?
I think a half time 'salute' would be appropriate
\ big screen video, sound bites from former players and coaches.
and it would be a grerat game to wear a retro uniform.

He's the coach of an opponent. They shouldn't do a goddamn thing.

aberdien
05-16-2013, 12:33 PM
lol

Davii
05-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Nothing should, or will, be done. Remember how stupid Miami looked for honoring Tebow at halftime? Idiots.

Lancane
05-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Remember how Shanahan after Elway envied Manning, which spurned him into actually making an effort to find a real franchise quarterback in Cutler, that is his welcome back gift...he will face his former team against a head coach who he is 1-1 against as a head coach and now has Manning as their starting quarterback and is run by the quarterback that led his best coached teams to two NFL titles. That is honor enough I'd say, the rest should be left on the field.

broncofaninfla
05-16-2013, 01:35 PM
I just hope the fans treat him with respect with a warm welcome. Past that I hope we hand the Redskins a humiliating defeat.

Army Bronco
05-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Nothing should, or will, be done. Remember how stupid Miami looked for honoring Tebow at halftime? Idiots.lol that the was a kick in the junk of Dolphins players.

SR
05-16-2013, 02:14 PM
I just hope the fans treat him with respect with a warm welcome. Past that I hope we hand the Redskins a humiliating defeat.

I hope Von Miller does to RGIII what he did to Cam Newton last year.

Dapper Dan
05-16-2013, 02:28 PM

I'd like to see Von Miller play EVERY game that way. Even against the white quarterbacks.

LTC Pain
05-16-2013, 02:39 PM

Repeatedly!!!

jhildebrand
05-16-2013, 02:41 PM
The Broncos should honor him with a shut out!

Chef Zambini
05-16-2013, 04:38 PM
wow, all you shanny lovin mofos surprise me with your lack of appreciation !

SR
05-16-2013, 04:50 PM
wow, all you shanny lovin mofos surprise me with your lack of appreciation !

It has nothing to do with lack of appreciation. It has to do with him being the coach of an opponent. You don't honor your opponent during the ******* week that they're there for the game. Mike Shanahan will be acknowledged when he retires, gets in to the Ring of Fame, and eventually Canton. He doesn't need to be acknowledged when he comes to Denver as the coach of the Redskins. Simple as that.

Dapper Dan
05-16-2013, 05:38 PM
It has nothing to do with lack of appreciation. It has to do with him being the coach of an opponent. You don't honor your opponent during the ******* week that they're there for the game. Mike Shanahan will be acknowledged when he retires, gets in to the Ring of Fame, and eventually Canton. He doesn't need to be acknowledged when he comes to Denver as the coach of the Redskins. Simple as that.

/thread

Ravage!!!
05-16-2013, 05:43 PM

Zam is being sarcastic and an ASS at the same time with this opening post, and the comment you quoted. He's, of course, trolling.

SR
05-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Zam is being sarcastic and an ASS at the same time with this opening post, and the comment you quoted. He's, of course, trolling.

Oh.

JPPT1974
05-16-2013, 08:17 PM
But still the fans need to be respectful since he did win the team two SBs in the late 1990s with Elway!

MOtorboat
05-16-2013, 08:22 PM
But still the fans need to be respectful since he did win the team two SBs in the late 1990s with Elway!

Shanahan didn't do SHIT!

It was Bobby Turner and Alex Gibbs and Terrell Davis and John Elway and Gary Kubiak. Shanahan was just a golfing figurehead know-nothing pass-happy douche!

-Signed Zam.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2013, 10:43 AM
well said, I respect your opinion and support your " chain of events", all except the HOF part.
But this is Shanny's first time back to MILE MIGH, just sayin...
If they did a halftime highlight video and maybe brought out his wife and gave her something during half-time, I would be OK with that.
I think Shanny earned and deserves some respect and acknowledgement when he brings his new team in to his old stadium.

Dapper Dan
05-17-2013, 03:32 PM
That's insane. No.

SR
05-17-2013, 04:34 PM
well said, I respect your opinion and support your " chain of events", all except the HOF part.
But this is Shanny's first time back to MILE MIGH, just sayin...
If they did a halftime highlight video and maybe brought out his wife and gave her something during half-time, I would be OK with that.
I think Shanny earned and deserves some respect and acknowledgement when he brings his new team in to his old stadium.

Yeah, fine, when he isn't the coach of an OPPONENT.

Ravage!!!
05-17-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm a big Shanahan fan, and find any kind of "half-time acknowledgement" to be a pretty ridiculous....out of place... inappropriate...and just flat out silly idea.

The fact that zam is the biggest Shanahan basher, shows that this thread is has a "net of intent" from the start to get the "Shanahan arguments" rolling.

sneakers
05-18-2013, 12:51 AM
I am sure it will be a warm welcome for him....(except pat bowlin)

Magnificent Seven
05-18-2013, 12:57 AM
I have respect for Coach Shanahan. We will have a little homecoming game against the Redskins.

Dapper Dan
05-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Let's all get stoned. And listen to George Jones.
We'll get higher than hippy on a helicopter ride.

Dapper Dan
05-18-2013, 01:21 AM
******* scary, George.

George Jones singing Merle Haggard's " I think I'll just stay here and drink came on Pandora.

Chef Zambini
05-18-2013, 01:37 AM
I am sure it will be a warm welcome for him....(except pat bowlin)au contraire, PB may in fact spear-head the Shanahan appreciation presentation.
"this ones for Mike ! "

Dapper Dan
05-18-2013, 02:32 AM
Speak American!

Chef Zambini
05-21-2013, 11:21 AM
we will be re-visiting this subject the week before the game, until then "adeau"