PDA

View Full Version : BEARS IN BRIEF: Hester doesn't scare Broncos

omac
11-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Saw this on the chicagobears.com forums, posted by dbears54; credit to him.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/662711,CST-SPT-bearnt22.article

BEARS IN BRIEF: Hester doesn't scare Broncos

November 22, 2007
BY BRAD BIGGS bbiggs@suntimes.com

Coach Mike Shanahan didn't have to announce the Denver Broncos' plans for Devin Hester. Todd Sauerbrun did it for him.

''We're not going to play chicken-[poop] ball,'' the former Bears punter told the Denver Post. ''We're not going to kick away from him. Hey, we respect the hell out of him and he's the best, but we have guys on our coverage teams that are paid to make big tackles.''

That's good news for the Bears, who could stand to jump-start their play with a game-breaking return or two from Hester. The only question is whether Sauerbrun will handle kickoff duties or if that chore will go to Jason Elam. If Denver wants to kick it deep, the Bears figure they'll see a double dose of Sauerbrun. If the Broncos want to try some gimmicks such as a pooch or a squib, count on seeing Elam.

In the Broncos' first five games before the bye week, they ranked 21st or lower in all four phases of kickoff and punt returns, according to the Post. In the five games since, they're no worse than sixth after taking to first-year special-teams coach Scott O'Brien's schemes.

Hey, we know him

The Bears figure to get a close look at Broncos running back Andre Hall, who busted off a 62-yard touchdown run Monday in the win over Tennessee. Hall, who left South Florida as the school's all-time leading rusher, spent a month with the Bears in training camp in 2006 and rushed for 62 yards in the preseason. He lost out to P.J. Pope for a practice-squad gig and now looks like the latest back to have a chance to flourish in the Denver system.

''Andre is a good little running back,'' Bears running backs coach Tim Spencer said. ''He's little, but he's not small. We talked about keeping him around. We tried. We knew about him. He's a solid player, and I liked him a lot.''
Health beat

You can just about cross off cornerback Nathan Vasher for another week after he sat out a rainy Wednesday practice because of his groin injury. Also missing were defensive tackle Tommie Harris (left knee), wide receiver Bernard Berrian (toe), linebacker Lance Briggs (knee), cornerbacks Ricky Manning Jr. (ill) and Trumaine McBride (hip) and fullback Jason McKie (foot). Coach Lovie Smith was optimistic that most, except for Vasher and Harris, would return today.
Extra points

The Bears officially added linebacker Nick Roach to the 53-man roster and signed safety Brandon Sharp to fill out the practice squad. Sharp was an undrafted free agent from Louisville who spent part of training camp with the Titans.

• • Wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad played in Carolina with the 5-10, 215-pound Sauerbrun, a three-time Pro Bowler who was suspended for the first four games last season for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs.

''He's not a punter,'' Muhammad said. ''He's more like a linebacker. He will hit you.''

SR
11-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Hell, at this rate Henry will end up playing for us Sunday, unless we plan on hearing a verdict on a Holiday weekend, which I doubt. Good article though. The last line about Todd was funny. Vasher and Harris being out would be great for us. I still expect the Bears to fight from snap to whistle all game long though. They're pretty much playing for pride at this point (the Lions and Giants will get the NFC Wild-Cards).

omac
11-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Hell, at this rate Henry will end up playing for us Sunday, unless we plan on hearing a verdict on a Holiday weekend, which I doubt. Good article though. The last line about Todd was funny. Vasher and Harris being out would be great for us. I still expect the Bears to fight from snap to whistle all game long though. They're pretty much playing for pride at this point (the Lions and Giants will get the NFC Wild-Cards).

Yep, how the mighty have fallen. Hopefully for their sake, they bounce back next season. They need a better #1 RB; Benson doesn't look like the answer.

I guess the Broncos are going for the ballsy approach; kick to Hester. Interesting note on how much better our special teams have been later this season. :cheers:

Lonestar
11-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Well lets hope they do not do something stupid like they have in the past in kicking to the kid.. I seem to remember them kicking to the X factor in KC, after taking the lead only to have him and the refs take the game from them..

Lets hope it is just hype..

omac
11-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Well lets hope they do not do something stupid like they have in the past in kicking to the kid.. I seem to remember them kicking to the X factor in KC, after taking the lead only to have him and the refs take the game from them..

Lets hope it is just hype..

Yeah, the worst you can do to a struggling team is allowing them a spark that makes them play with confidence. I'm hoping our special teams continues to play as well as they have lately.

SR
11-22-2007, 02:30 PM
I checked the forecast for Chicago a couple of days ago and it's supposed to be in the high 40s, not very windy, and dry, so maybe Todd will be able to blast it in to the end-zone.

Lonestar
11-22-2007, 02:38 PM
I checked the forecast for Chicago a couple of days ago and it's supposed to be in the high 40s, not very windy, and dry, so maybe Todd will be able to blast it in to the end-zone.

BY not very windy they mean less than gale force winds, they do not call it the windy city for no reason..

SR
11-22-2007, 02:40 PM
BY not very windy they mean less than gale force winds, they do not call it the windy city for no reason..

Dallas, on average, is more windy than Chicago....figured you'd know that, Mr Texas.

Lonestar
11-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Dallas, on average, is more windy than Chicago....figured you'd know that, Mr Texas.

Dallas is in EAST Texas 11-12 hours from here by car.. I try very hard to stay away from the city of cow girls.. The only reason I go to Dallas is to connect on a flight..

And it is Mister West Texas to you.. :salute:

TXBRONC
11-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Yep, how the mighty have fallen. Hopefully for their sake, they bounce back next season. They need a better #1 RB; Benson doesn't look like the answer.

I guess the Broncos are going for the ballsy approach; kick to Hester. Interesting note on how much better our special teams have been later this season. :cheers:

When Dante Hall was at his peak Shanahan didn't shy away from kicking to him. The other to keep in mind is that Todd is by no means a good directional punter.

SR
11-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Dallas is in EAST Texas 11-12 hours from here by car.. I try very hard to stay away from the city of cow girls.. The only reason I go to Dallas is to connect on a flight..

And it is Mister West Texas to you.. :salute:

Dallas is roughly 9 hours from El Paso...six hours to Abilene, three to Dallas. You're slow.

And still, Dallas is more windy than Chicage, regardless of where it is.

Lonestar
11-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Dallas is roughly 9 hours from El Paso...six hours to Abilene, three to Dallas. You're slow.

You have never traveled with women have you? I speak from traveling with my daughters VB, BB and track team going to district, regional and state events. Besides those listed above, I'd never drive that far unless I had a gun to my head.

Besides Monahan TX is a HUGE speed trap (about 40 miles long), last time through there I counted 11 state troopers with folks pulled over and couple more trolling with radar on..

Yes after millions of miles on the highway, I usually drive 3-5 above the Limit at most..

Astrass
11-23-2007, 03:12 PM
''He's not a punter,'' Muhammad said. ''He's more like a linebacker. He will hit you.''

I'm glad he's back.....

dogfish
11-25-2007, 08:03 PM
well, THAT was an unbelievably freakin' brilliant strategy!

:frusty: :frusty:

really worked out well for us, too. . . . :mad:

gobroncsnv
11-25-2007, 08:06 PM

Chicago is called the Windy City because of politicians, it has nothing to do with weather... look it up.

Bronco Bible
11-25-2007, 08:08 PM
I wish the Broncos would just put a team away when they have a chance:tsk:

Poet
11-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Wow, Shanahan did not do a good job with THAT strategy

Requiem / The Dagda
11-25-2007, 08:09 PM
What were you saying again Todd?

Stargazer
11-25-2007, 08:16 PM
This game was completely over. But, the special teams failed and lost the game. There's not much more to say about this game than the special teams failing, and once again, the defense. Time to hit the draft/FA and find better players to play defense.

Lorcust
11-25-2007, 08:17 PM

Damnit... there he goes again! *as number 23 glides on by his whiffed tackle*

omac
11-25-2007, 08:18 PM

If it was Scott O'brien's call to kick it high up in the middle of the field right into Hester the 2nd time, I say fire him. 1 return TD from a superstar can definitely happen; 2 in the same game is ridiculous. All the mental error caused the Broncos the game, but the most costly one was the one by Bly on 4th down which automatically gave them 1st down; if he had some discipline knowing a penalty could hurt them, he would've held back from the unneeded push, and the game would be over.

Stargazer
11-25-2007, 08:20 PM
If it was Scott O'brien's call to kick it high up in the middle of the field right into Hester the 2nd time, I say fire him. 1 return TD from a superstar can definitely happen; 2 in the same game is ridiculous. All the mental error caused the Broncos the game, but the most costly one was the one by Bly on 4th down which automatically gave them 1st down; if he had some discipline knowing a penalty could hurt them, he would've held back from the unneeded push, and the game would be over.

2 in a game is totally rediculous. But, to top it off a f'n punt block? I mean WTF. Special teams was a collosal fail today and Denver deserved to lose.

omac
11-25-2007, 08:27 PM
2 in a game is totally rediculous. But, to top it off a f'n punt block? I mean WTF. Special teams was a collosal fail today and Denver deserved to lose.

And to think that was a re-kick brought about by a stupid formation penalty. Our special teams helped fuel their momentum; before that, they had nothing else going on offense. Early on, the score could've easily been 20-6.

The offensive playcalling when we had the lead was very predictable; it was run, run, pass, so it's tough to convert 1st downs when the defense is ready for that. But the special teams really gave them the game.

Lonestar
11-25-2007, 08:27 PM
folks the ST did not lose this one today it was the total inability to stop them in the fourth quarter. Period. to be up by 14 and lose it was the D's fault. Jay and group seemed to do their job late in the game to put them up by 14.

Was the ST partly at fault? SURE but they did not lose this one..

eessydo
11-25-2007, 08:32 PM
folks the ST did not lose this one today it was the total inability to stop them in the fourth quarter. Period. to be up by 14 and lose it was the D's fault. Jay and group seemed to do their job late in the game to put them up by 14.

What are you talking about?

2 TD's on returns and a blocked punt?

Even if you offset it with the fumble recovery in the first quarter when hester muffed it, you still have a 14 point swing. Not sure about your math, but mine shows -14 on special teams as having a huge impact on the the final score, leading to...............THE LOSS!

Man, this is by far the most ridiculous statement ever posted in this forum.

eessydo
11-25-2007, 08:36 PM
BTW, not sure why they weren't scared of Hester. Everyone should be scared of Hester.

Dumb @$$($!

NameUsedBefore
11-25-2007, 08:40 PM
This is a pretty good game to show how terrible special teams can totally destroy otherwise solid offensive and defensive play.

topscribe
11-25-2007, 08:49 PM
To Todd Sauerbrun, who was not afraid of Devin Hester:

Congratulations! :beer: You deserve the Most Valuable Player of the game . . .

. . . for the Chicago Bears.

You punted down the middle of the field, touchdown!
You kicked off down the middle of the field, touchdown!
You took your time with a punt, blocked!

The Broncos kicked the Bears all over the field. You made sure they lost in
three single plays. My hat's off to you. :2thumbs:

Oh yes, Honorable Mention goes to the refs. They took away a TD on a
fumble and a first down and time out away on a challenged first down. :nixon:

-----

Nomad
11-25-2007, 08:52 PM
To Todd Sauerbrun, who was not afraid of Devin Hester:

Congratulations! :beer: You deserve the Most Valuable Player of the game . . .

. . . for the Chicago Bears.

You punted down the middle of the field, touchdown!
You kicked off down the middle of the field, touchdown!
You took your time with a punt, blocked!

The Broncos kicked the Bears all over the field. You made sure they lost in
three single plays. My hat's off to you. :2thumbs:

Oh yes, Honorable Mention goes to the refs. They took away a TD on a
fumble and a first down and time out away on a challenged first down. :nixon:

-----

Also to mention, he dropped to his belly when he saw him coming the first time and no attempt to tackle, which Hester wasa coming straight at him!

Stargazer
11-25-2007, 08:53 PM

ST failed today. I will add the defense didn't help sh*t when the game is on the line. Total failure by special teams and, once again, by the defense.

omac
11-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Also to mention, he dropped to his belly when he saw him coming the first time and no attempt to tackle, which Hester wasa coming straight at him!

On the falling on the field ... tough to blame him for that one. With the slick field conditions, everyone was falling all over the field, and it even caused Jay and INT when Marshall slipped and went down and his pass was intercepted. That field and the wet ball made for some ugly looking football.

Lonestar
11-25-2007, 09:00 PM
What are you talking about?

2 TD's on returns and a blocked punt?

Even if you offset it with the fumble recovery in the first quarter when hester muffed it, you still have a 14 point swing. Not sure about your math, but mine shows -14 on special teams as having a huge impact on the the final score, leading to...............THE LOSS!

Man, this is by far the most ridiculous statement ever posted in this forum.

We had them down by 14 with 7:14 minutes or so to go in the game up to that POINT Hester's run backs were history and we had over come them and went on to dominate them.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29359&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2007&week=REG12

Begining of the third quarter.
4-3-DEN 29 (13:07) 10-T.Sauerbrun punts 46 yards to CHI 25, Center-83-M.Leach. 23-D.Hester for 75 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 16 seconds to score..

Chicago Bears at 02:38
10-T.Sauerbrun kicks 58 yards from DEN 30 to CHI 12. 23-D.Hester for 88 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
9-R.Gould extra point is GOOD, Center-65-P.Mannelly, Holder-4-B.Maynard.
DEN 20 CHI 20 Plays: 0 Possession: 0:12

1-10-DEN 32 (2:20) 6-J.Cutler pass deep right to 15-B.Marshall for 68 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
1-J.Elam extra point is GOOD, Center-83-M.Leach, Holder-10-T.Sauerbrun.
DEN 27 CHI 20 Plays: 1 Possession: 0:15
Back on top by 7

4TH quarter.
2-10-CHI 14 (10:46) 6-J.Cutler pass short right to 88-T.Scheffler for 14 yards, TOUCHDOWN. PENALTY on CHI-54-B.Urlacher, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced between downs.
0-0-CHI 2 1-J.Elam extra point is GOOD, Center-83-M.Leach, Holder-10-T.Sauerbrun.
DEN 34 CHI 20

2-4-DEN 4 (5:31) 29-A.Peterson left tackle for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
DEN 34 CHI 27 Plays: 4 Possession: 1:57

4-3-DEN 3 (:32) 8-R.Grossman pass short right to 80-B.Berrian for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Assistant challenged the pass completion ruling, and the play was Upheld.
DEN 34 CHI 34 Plays: 12 Possession: 2:30

Sorry Charlie but we lost it late in the fourth after having them down by 14 with 10:38 to go in the game.. Up till then Grossman and team had about 50 yard total O in the second half.
We let down and they took it from us..
We had the nailed to cross and let them off.

Those are the facts JACK..

Requiem / The Dagda
11-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Denver had short fields to work with on defense, so I wouldn't blame the loss completely on them. They just didn't show heart on the last three scores. This was a team loss today. Our third down conversions stunk, special teams stunk and at the end of the game, our defense crumbled.

broncosfanscott
11-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Well if Hester doesn't scare the Broncos, I bet he does now with the ST that we have.

Lonestar
11-25-2007, 09:04 PM
ST failed today. I will add the defense didn't help sh*t when the game is on the line. Total failure by special teams and, once again, by the defense.

Look at the above post it was the failure of the DEFENSE period. Mikey went into conservative mode when we went up by 14 thinking that Grossman could not do it since we Had his number all game.. AT that moment we let them back in the game..The players relaxed when they should have went for the jugular..

The blocked punt gave them more momentum than it should have..WE were still up by 14 at that minute..

omac
11-25-2007, 09:05 PM

The ST has played pretty well the last few games before this one, but this one was a complete meltdown. The Bears offense was sputtering all game, but the special teams ineptitude not only kept them in the game, but gave them the needed spark and momentum to play better.

Now I'm thinking the offense needs to put up Pats type numbers just to keep a lead.

eessydo
11-25-2007, 09:11 PM
We had them down by 14 with 7:14 minutes or so to go in the game up to that POINT Hester's run backs were history and we had over come them and went on to dominate them.

Sorry Charlie but we lost it late in the fourth after having them down by 14 with 1:38 to go in the game.. Up till then Grossman and team had about 50 yard total O in the second half.
We let down and they took it from us..
We had the nailed to cross and let them off.

Those are the facts JACK..

Boy, this is also asinine. History yes, but they were still a part of that history. Take those two returns out of the game along with the blocked punt and are we in the same position???

The emphatic answer is NO!!!! So for you to just think that because another quarter had rolled through and we were up by 14 and history had not bearing on the present, well then you are challenged in ways that are not capable of describing on this site. (I had my hand slapped before for that)

So, think what you want, but to NOT say our total failure on special teams wasn't the most signficant contributer to the loss, well you sir are a __________. <--- insert your most personally demeaning word here

Lonestar
11-25-2007, 09:11 PM
The ST has played pretty well the last few games before this one, but this one was a complete meltdown. The Bears offense was sputtering all game, but the special teams ineptitude not only kept them in the game, but gave them the needed spark and momentum to play better.

Now I'm thinking the offense needs to put up Pats type numbers just to keep a lead.

Pretty easy to melt down when you have Hester applying the heat.. I suspect they will be a tad more humble in SAN against sproles.

BroncoAV06
11-25-2007, 09:14 PM
How bout 2 FG's in the redzone early again?

ST was the failure, how about just shuting up and saying to your players to bad we will not kick to him? Hester had trouble with fielding balls after they bounced and yet the Broncos tested their luck letting him field 2 kicks cleanly and taking them to the house.

On the blocked punt, it looked like they noticed that the Bears were bringing an extra guy from the outside, the gunner just looked at the guy heading towards the line, no shift to max protect, just shift and punt it out of bounds; instead the Bears block it get great field position and the defense gets thrown under the bus again.

Just time to take a step back and breath a little.

broncosfanscott
11-25-2007, 09:16 PM
How bout 2 FG's in the redzone early again?

That is the story of the year and I hope they fix it sometime.

omac
11-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Look at the above post it was the failure of the DEFENSE period. Mikey went into conservative mode when we went up by 14 thinking that Grossman could not do it since we Had his number all game.. AT that moment we let them back in the game..The players relaxed when they should have went for the jugular..

The blocked punt gave them more momentum than it should have..WE were still up by 14 at that minute..

Mikey's playcalling became conservative; run, run, pass, so the defense was ready for that. That blocked punt gave them 1st down at our 18 yard line, immediately in the red zone, then they eventually scored a TD, which brought them to just one TD away.

The blocked punt was huge in itself; don't know if that was Sauerbrun or his protection's fault. But the play before that was a stupid mental mistake, an illegal formation. So that's 2 consecutive bad plays by ST, one after the other. And that's all after the 2 return TDs that were straight in the middle of the field, right into Hester's arms. Not only were all those points, but not much clock was used up either.

Watchthemiddle
11-25-2007, 09:24 PM
When the heat was on...after the blocked punt and td...our offense did nothing. When the defense's back was up against the wall...they couldn't stop Grossman and Co on a 4th and 9 only to lead to a 12 play drive that only took 2:30 and tied up the game.

Then, what did the D do to stop Chicago in OT????
But overall, it was a TEAM collapse.

omac
11-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Sorry Charlie but we lost it late in the fourth after having them down by 14 with 1:38 to go in the game

Err ... I think you have your facts wrong, Jrwiz. At 2:58, the Bears were only down by 1 TD, not 2.

The Sauerbrun blocked punt and recovery by the Bears happened at 7:25, and they started their next TD drive in the red zone, at the 18, with 7:14 left. By the time they completed the TD to cut the lead to 7 from the extremely short field possition, time on the clock was 5:31.

In effect, the blocked punt was HUGE!

y2cragie
11-25-2007, 09:35 PM
well, THAT was an unbelievably freakin' brilliant strategy!

:frusty: :frusty:

really worked out well for us, too. . . . :mad:

Well at least you have to admire the tenacity. They said they'd do it, and no matter what they followed up on that promise.:rolleyes:

Stargazer
11-25-2007, 09:39 PM

Our ST gave the Bears a chance to win, and they did. But, the defense could've done better with their backs against the wall. It was a complete failure in regards to ST, and a complete failure when the defense had an opportunity to right a wrong.

omac
11-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Well at least you have to admire the tenacity. They said they'd do it, and no matter what they followed up on that promise.:rolleyes:

Hehe, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. :beer:

omac
11-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Our ST gave the Bears a chance to win, and they did. But, the defense could've done better with their backs against the wall. It was a complete failure in regards to ST, and a complete failure when the defense had an opportunity to right a wrong.

They actually made some big plays, but they had mental mistakes. Come on, 4th and long, then Bly gets caught with a holding penalty. That was the biggest mental mistake there, and the game could've been won right there.

Stargazer
11-25-2007, 09:45 PM

A collosal failure by the ST. And the defense provided a collosal failure of it's own.

Shanahan did go in conservative mode and as we've seen all season he doesn't slice the throat and end games. He's been playing clock ball all season and Denver got owned because of it. I hate to say it, but Denver deserves to lose this game. And it makes me boil. Tough loss... Tough loss...

omac
11-25-2007, 10:07 PM
And props to Chicago; even though Denver left the door open for them, they played hard to get the win.

topscribe
11-25-2007, 10:40 PM
And props to Chicago; even though Denver left the door open for them, they played hard to get the win.

Yes, the Bears did play hard.

Denver kicked their butts all over the field, but the Bears did play hard.

-----

omac
11-25-2007, 10:52 PM

-----

Yup, and I'm actually a bit happy for Grossman; he seems like a really nice person, so it's good that some good things go his way.

broncosfanscott
11-26-2007, 12:09 AM
A collosal failure by the ST. And the defense provided a collosal failure of it's own.

Shanahan did go in conservative mode and as we've seen all season he doesn't slice the throat and end games. He's been playing clock ball all season and Denver got owned because of it. I hate to say it, but Denver deserves to lose this game. And it makes me boil. Tough loss... Tough loss...

I totally agree with you on the conservative play calling by Shanny. I mean they were repeatedly running up the middle on first down when that play wasn't really working all day.

Lonestar
11-26-2007, 12:41 AM
Err ... I think you have your facts wrong, Jrwiz. At 2:58, the Bears were only down by 1 TD, not 2.

The Sauerbrun blocked punt and recovery by the Bears happened at 7:25, and they started their next TD drive in the red zone, at the 18, with 7:14 left. By the time they completed the TD to cut the lead to 7 from the extremely short field possition, time on the clock was 5:31.

In effect, the blocked punt was HUGE!

Sorry I mistyped it it was 10:38 left in the game not 1:38.. Thanks for pointing that out.. I went back and corrected the info..

I'm not talking about the blocked punt never have I have been stating that hestors run backs did not have much to do with the finally part of the game. We had already overcome them and had moved ahead by 14 points before the defense fell apart.

Lonestar
11-26-2007, 12:45 AM

-----
I was not so afraid of the run against us as much as Grossman getting hot and throwing long balls on us like several other teams have done this year.. He has a good strong arm and has caused havoc against a couple of other teams with the long pass.

I think had his receivers caught about half of those they flat ASSED dropped it would have been a long different game..

Stargazer
11-26-2007, 12:53 AM
I totally agree with you on the conservative play calling by Shanny. I mean they were repeatedly running up the middle on first down when that play wasn't really working all day.

Did that get old what... I was thinking things might change with that bomb to Marshall for a TD. Though late in the game. That play was available all game. I mean all game. Denver tried it once and it worked. But, to use it only once during a game... When there were several opportunities against a weak Bears secondary. Which is the Bears weakness. I just don't understand the playcalling sometimes. It was completely obvious going into the game that the Bears secondary is who you pick on. Yet, I only recall one huge play downfield...

SBboundBRONCOS
11-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Sorry I mistyped it it was 10:38 left in the game not 1:38.. Thanks for pointing that out.. I went back and corrected the info..

I'm not talking about the blocked punt never have I have been stating that hestors run backs did not have much to do with the finally part of the game. We had already overcome them and had moved ahead by 14 points before the defense fell apart.

just imagine the momentum that changes hands when a team gets a huge ST play, let alone 3 huge ST play. i can not blame the D for that loss, i just cant. could they have held up better - yes but they absolutely should not have been put in that position in the first place

however we are one stubborn team and think nobody can beat us - FYI they can shanny

Stargazer
11-26-2007, 01:13 AM
just imagine the momentum that changes hands when a team gets a huge ST play, let alone 3 huge ST play. i can not blame the D for that loss, i just cant. could they have held up better - yes but they absolutely should not have been put in that position in the first place

however we are one stubborn team and think nobody can beat us - FYI they can shanny

A great D or good D finds a way to make a stop. The Broncos have not exhibit this quality this season or last.

The Broncos are now 5-6. And I put a majority of the blame on the defense for this disgusting record.

SBboundBRONCOS
11-26-2007, 01:21 AM
A great D or good D finds a way to make a stop. The Broncos have not exhibit this quality this season or last.

The Broncos are now 5-6. And I put a majority of the blame on the defense for this disgusting record.

yes i agree, but the last few games they have played much much better. but they just shouldnt be in that position, the game shouldnt have been close and they shouldnt have kicked to hester, ive been saying that all week

i want to se more help in the passing game, but they have to worry about the run too much. so we continue to get better and hopefully they contiune to improve on all sides of the ball

Lonestar
11-26-2007, 01:25 AM

.But each time they score we did took the momentum back in fact went up 2 TD's after the last run back we owned them on defense till the blocked punt and then they ran off 138 yards a so of the their total 293 for the game. from that point on.. It was the defense that gave them the game.. we held them in check for most of the game and then could not stoop anything they did.. they score 17 unanswered points..

broncosfanscott
11-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Did that get old what... I was thinking things might change with that bomb to Marshall for a TD. Though late in the game. That play was available all game. I mean all game. Denver tried it once and it worked. But, to use it only once during a game... When there were several opportunities against a weak Bears secondary. Which is the Bears weakness. I just don't understand the playcalling sometimes. It was completely obvious going into the game that the Bears secondary is who you pick on. Yet, I only recall one huge play downfield...

I was waiting for that play as well and after we scored that was it. Don't you stick with what work? :confused: