PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan in South Bend?

Overtime
09-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Anyone possibly see Shanahan ending up in South Bend if Weiss fails to take the Irish to a BCS Bowl game and win it?

I recall hearing something about Shanahan has always been interested in coaching @ Notre Dame.

Would like to hear thoughts on this. He's available, Notre Dame wants to win, Shanahan would love to coach there, and the A.D. there would kiss his butt so much and let him do whatever he wanted, plus it would really give Notre Dame the image it so desperately seeks.

Just a thought provoking thread. Keep it positive though, no negativity and cynicism or sarcasm please.

FanInAZ
09-04-2009, 03:41 AM
I can buy the concept that ND whould want Shanny. Schools like their's will not even consider hiring someone who hasn't made it big elsewhere. The thing is, Pro & Collage are 2 different universes. Few coaches have been successful at both levels.

Thnikkaman
09-04-2009, 08:36 AM
I would be torn. I like Shanny, I hate ND.

Slick
09-04-2009, 09:47 AM

Same here.

NightTrainLayne
09-04-2009, 10:00 AM
I don't see Shanny being a College HC. Maybe so, but I think he is in love with the NFL.

MOtorboat
09-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Urban Meyer will succeed Weiss.

Shanahan might succeed Meyer, though...

Ravage!!!
09-04-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't know if Shanahan would want that traveling around, talking with parents, trying to recruit young kids thing that you would have to do as a college coach. Shanahan is the kind of name that ND would want, for sure. But I just don't believe thats shanahan's thing.

Slick
09-04-2009, 10:20 AM
I don't know if Shanahan would want that traveling around, talking with parents, trying to recruit young kids thing that you would have to do as a college coach. Shanahan is the kind of name that ND would want, for sure. But I just don't believe thats shanahan's thing.

I can't picture him trying to recruit.

Overtime
09-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Urban Meyer will succeed Weiss.

Shanahan might succeed Meyer, though...

Urban would be awesome, but can he duplicate @ Notre Dame, what he has done @ Florida?

Lonestar
09-05-2009, 02:54 PM

I have never been a huge ND fan saying that it would be a good fit..:salute:

Lonestar
09-05-2009, 02:56 PM

Nah he would let dinger and slowitt do that traveling..:lol:

only come in for the biggie Qb signings..:laugh: