PDA

View Full Version : Wow anyone see Oregon's player deck a Boise State player?

LoyalSoldier
09-04-2009, 12:32 AM
I bet if you haven't you will. At the end of the game Blount(#9) for the Ducks just sucker punched the Boise state player after a little trash talking. And after that he was fighting his own players and it took the cops to restrain him.

Northman
09-04-2009, 12:34 AM
That happen tonight? Ive seen a Husker knock out a opposing team's fan once. Dude came talking shit to him after the Husker's lost and the dude laid him out. lol Hopefully, this will be youtubed.

LoyalSoldier
09-04-2009, 12:37 AM
That happen tonight? Ive seen a Husker knock out a opposing team's fan once. Dude came talking shit to him after the Husker's lost and the dude laid him out. lol Hopefully, this will be youtubed.

I would say this will be all over the news tomorrow. It happened on prime time TV on ESPN.

Watchthemiddle
09-04-2009, 01:10 AM
There was bad blood between those two teams coming into tonight...

BroncoBJ
09-04-2009, 01:42 AM
Yea, I saw that. I was watching the game and on the phone with someone and I was about to change channels and then I saw him just punch him. :lol: .. I was like WTF.. Pretty crazy stuff though.

Watchthemiddle
09-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Just saw it....good bye to your starting tailback job, your scholarship, and ever playing football again for Oregon Mr. Blount

Overtime
09-04-2009, 02:16 AM
i saw the highlights on ESPN, he flat out decked that dude, but guess that's what happens when you run your mouth and tap a dude on the shoulder pads, and act like a douche bag by taunting another teams players after you won.

Boise State dude should be suspended for at least a game for provoking Blount. I'd have knocked that dude cold too.

LoyalSoldier
09-04-2009, 02:27 AM
i saw the highlights on ESPN, he flat out decked that dude, but guess that's what happens when you run your mouth and tap a dude on the shoulder pads, and act like a douche bag by taunting another teams players after you won.

Boise State dude should be suspended for at least a game for provoking Blount. I'd have knocked that dude cold too.

As a former football player who is 1 year removed from football. Trash talking happens, but it is no excuse for punching someone. You just don't throw your fists. And to make things worse he then started fighting his own team mates for trying to pull him away and he was even fighting the cops practically.

Nomad
09-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Boise St needs to move into the PAC conference. Emotions can sometimes get the best of one, it's not right but no one will be in face next time

Reidman
09-04-2009, 10:20 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQC4BKi6qwk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQC4BKi6qwk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Northman
09-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Yea, i think the thing that makes that worse is right after the punch Blount is dancing around like he thinks its a big joke to do that. And then when he realizes no one is backing him up on that he gets pissed at the world. What a piece of crap Blount is. I saw some footage of the last couple of years and there is some very bad blood between these teams but Blount should be dealt with severely for that. And yes OT, the Boise player should be talked to as well. You can tell he was being as ass about it and should of handled himself more respectively but i also agree with you that he will think the next time he does it. Blount laid his ass OUT. lol

Ravage!!!
09-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Blount just proved that he's nothing more than a thug... a ganster thug that doesn't belong on the team, nor at the university. That was a loser move.

The Boise St. kid was classless and unsportsmanlike, but you don't go around throwing your fists like its the street.

This Blount kid just got re-instated from a team suspension from what I understand. Goodbye scholarship, goodbye football, and most likely goodbye chances of making the NFL.

Loser move. Its pretty easy to lay someone out when they even looking. Cheap loser.

MOtorboat
09-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Blount just proved that he's nothing more than a thug... a ganster thug that doesn't belong on the team, nor at the university. That was a loser move.

The Boise St. kid was classless and unsportsmanlike, but you don't go around throwing your fists like its the street.

This Blount kid just got re-instated from a team suspension from what I understand. Goodbye scholarship, goodbye football, and most likely goodbye chances of making the NFL.

Loser move.

Biloti has always recruited some questionable characters...with questionable techniques...

Northman
09-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Reminds me a little of the Miami/South Florida incident a couple of years ago. Although that seemed like of a more thugs on thugs matchup. Not too mention the dolt in the broadcasting booth rooting the Canes on like it was supposed to be normal. lol

Ravage!!!
09-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Reminds me a little of the Miami/South Florida incident a couple of years ago. Although that seemed like of a more thugs on thugs matchup. Not too mention the dolt in the broadcasting booth rooting the Canes on like it was supposed to be normal. lol

I was thinking it reminded me more of the cheap shot that Vick did, stomping on the back of Dumervile's (?) leg a few years back. Both being thug

MOtorboat
09-04-2009, 11:14 AM

That was so bad it was almost comedic. This was just kind of sad. He took a swing at his teammate and hit him on the helmet, and it took like seven guys to drag him off the field...and he's already had character issues and a team suspension. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone...

But how good did Boise's defense look last night...jeebus. They are running the table. There's not a team in the WAC that can hold a candle to them.

Ravage!!!
09-04-2009, 11:28 AM
That was so bad it was almost comedic. This was just kind of sad. He took a swing at his teammate and hit him on the helmet, and it took like seven guys to drag him off the field...and he's already had character issues and a team suspension. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone...

But how good did Boise's defense look last night...jeebus. They are running the table. There's not a team in the WAC that can hold a candle to them.

yeah.... but they better learn to score more points

MOtorboat
09-04-2009, 11:48 AM
yeah.... but they better learn to score more points

They are running the table. There's nobody in the WAC that can outplay that. Any given Saturday, I know...but...

Gamechanger
09-04-2009, 12:14 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/2820w7d.jpg

Nomad
09-04-2009, 12:56 PM

That's why they need to step up and join the Pac 10!!

After watching the video, this dude needs to be benched for awhile and think about controlling his emotions. I know I joked about it this morning but it was before I saw him going after fans plus he's a coward for sucker-punching.

West
09-04-2009, 01:03 PM
What a punk.

I especially liked how he ran backwards with his finger up his ass after he hit that dude pumping his chest.

Dude.

Northman
09-04-2009, 01:04 PM
FKvq6FVBMBk

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2009, 09:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4446898

EUGENE, Ore. -- A day after Oregon's college football season opened, it ended for running back LeGarrette Blount.

Blount was suspended for all remaining games on Friday for punching Boise State defensive end Byron Hout in the jaw following the 16th-ranked Ducks' 19-8 loss to the 14th-ranked Broncos the night before.

Because he is a senior, Blount's playing days in Eugene are over.

Oregon's first-year coach, Chip Kelly, told a sobbing Blount about his decision after reviewing tape of the altercation.

Celebrating the victory on the Broncos' trademark blue turf, Hout yelled in Blount's face and tapped him on the shoulder pad. Before Boise State coach Chris Petersen could pull Hout away, Blount landed a right to Hout's jaw, knocking him to his knees.

Blount also had to be restrained by police from fans heckling him on the way to the locker room.

Later he apologized saying, "It was just something that I shouldn't have done. I lost my head."

Still, Kelly was taken aback when he saw the punch on tape.

"That's not what we're all about. That's not what we coach. That's not what we stand for and it's unacceptable," he said.

Blount's suspension includes bowl games. He will remain on scholarship, however, and will continue to practice with the team.

"He is taking this very hard," Kelly said, choking up. "He understands he made a mistake and he has to pay for the mistake. But we're not going to throw LeGarrette Blount out on the street."

Kelly said he hoped Blount's ultimate legacy "won't be a YouTube clip of what happened to him on September 3rd in Boise, Idaho."

Hout won't be suspended for taunting Blount. Boise State spokesman Max Corbet told The Associated Press in an e-mail that Petersen planned to spend time with Hout this week to help him learn from what happened.

Mike Bellotti, who stepped aside as head coach to become Oregon's athletic director this summer, said the Pac-10 was consulted about the punishment and supported Oregon's decision.

Bellotti was with Kelly when Blount was told of the suspension and described the running back's reaction as dismay.

"It was a very difficult decision and one I don't think he was expecting, but he was aware there was a certain amount of gravity to the situation," Bellotti said.

Oregon president Richard Lariviere called Blount's behavior "reprehensible."

"We do not and will not tolerate the actions that were taken by our player. Oregon's loyal fans expect and deserve better," Lariviere said in a statement.

Blount, a 6-foot-2, 240-pound transfer from East Mississippi CC, rushed for 1,002 yards and a school-record 17 touchdowns last season.

On Thursday night, he had eight carries for a loss of five yards.

In February, Blount was suspended indefinitely from the team for "failure to fulfill team obligations." Bellotti did not share details, but Blount reportedly missed offseason team meetings.

He was reinstated before spring practice.

Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott was at the game and saw the punch.

"We commend the University of Oregon and its leadership for taking swift and decisive action in response to this incident," Scott said in a statement. "The Pac-10 strongly emphasizes sportsmanship and fair play in all its athletic competitions and expects high standards of sportsmanship from all participants, including student-athletes. In this case, those standards were not met and the university has taken appropriate disciplinary actions."

The NCAA also weighed in.

"Under no circumstance is fighting acceptable. ... Sportsmanship is everyone's responsibility, including student-athletes, coaches, officials, institutions and fans," NCAA spokesman Erik Christianson said in a statement.

Players from both sides, Blount included, met at midfield for a pregame handshake Thursday, the result of a sportsmanship initiative developed for this weekend's games by the American Football Coaches Association and the NCAA. Grant Teaff, the AFCA's executive director, said Friday the incident would not dampen the weekend.

"This case points out that we still need to have a commitment to sportsmanship and respect," Teaff told ESPN's Joe Schad. "It was sad as I watched [the events in Boise], but the good news is nobody joined in. That would have been a brawl back in the day. This was one player who was frustrated and infuriated and lost control."

OrangeHoof
09-04-2009, 10:29 PM
The punishment was appropriate. He might as well start preparing for the combine.

sneakers
09-05-2009, 12:57 AM
I was entertained.

Davii
09-05-2009, 01:32 AM
The punishment is appropriate. He should still be allowed to practice with the team, he still has a shot at the NFL, although a much smaller one now.

I think they did exactly the right thing.

The Nebraska player should receive an even stiffer punishment. He hit a fan in just as bad a way. We couldn't see what led up to it, but short of the guy having a weapon or trying to attack him in some way it doesn't matter.

Overtime
09-05-2009, 01:40 PM
As a former football player who is 1 year removed from football. Trash talking happens, but it is no excuse for punching someone. You just don't throw your fists. And to make things worse he then started fighting his own team mates for trying to pull him away and he was even fighting the cops practically.

sorry man, but I disagree. It's bad enough that the losing team has to deal with the emotions of the loss and not performing, but then you get some rude, ignorant, punk from the winning team, flapping his gums and rubbing it in, and basically being a toad, and there's nothing worse that I hate that some unsportsmanlike jerk who has NO CLASS whatsoever. I'd have knocked his ass out too. maybe he'll think next time before running his punk mouth.

I think it's utter bs that the Boise State player is not getting suspended for at least a game, but oh well, he got his dick knocked in the dirt, and he'll never be able to live that down, because that'll be on youtube forevah!!!! :lol:

Confusious say "he who run mouth, get dick knocked in dirt".

FKvq6FVBMBk

oh I love it!!!! Nothing better than seeing a worthless inbred Missouri fan get knocked da **** out!!!

Nomad
09-05-2009, 02:15 PM
His punch cost him his senior year of playing and probably his stock in the draft....now he has character issues as well!!! Was it worth it....NO!!

West
09-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Deserved everything he got. Being a goon/thug/moron/idiot.

Devilspawn
09-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Horrible conduct.

Hilarious scene.

One of those kinds where you say, "Wait for it............... POW!"