PDA

View Full Version : innernets question

Dapper Dan
05-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Okay. I pay for 6 megs of internet speed. I pick up close to that on my speed test, so it's pretty accurate. Why can't I multitask? Is it the router/modem? While I have netflix streaming on a device, I can't even load a web page on my computer. The router and modem are one device. It's also wireless. I've heard people say that these modems are pretty crappy. So, I was wondering if that would make sense if the modem were the issue. If so, I'll try to get a better modem. There aren't many options for internet service around here. So if it's the company's fault, I'm screwed. There's no one else to go to right now.

Slick
05-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Sounds like we have the same set up as you. We've got a dsl modem/router combo that has 4 ethernet ports and wireless. We get around 5 mbps download and 1.5 mbps upload. We've both got tablets going and netflix streaming on the xbox plus my laptop ii think is downloading as well.

Maybe you need to do a hard reset on the device. Mine has a reset button that you can push with a toothpick, or the point of a pen or pencil. We have the same set up at the dive shop and resetting it like that fixes it. There was one time we had some power surges and even though the router/modem was protected by a ups, it still crapped out and we had to replace the device.

Dapper Dan
05-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Yeah. Sounds like the same set up. I'll try the reset.

FanInAZ
05-13-2013, 02:30 AM
“innernets” What are those? Are any of them similar to the “internet?”

Dapper Dan
05-13-2013, 02:36 AM
It connects you to the world wide webular.

Dapper Dan
05-13-2013, 02:36 AM
So the reset didn't work. Gonna call the company.

Slick
05-13-2013, 10:12 AM
I thought about this and remembered you did a speed test and got 6mbps before the reset. Maybe a virus on your computer?

underrated29
05-13-2013, 10:20 AM
I am definitely the person you want to come to for a question like this

BroncoJoe
05-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Download a program called ccleaner (the free one). Run both the cleaner and the registry programs through there. Another good one is Glary Utilities.