PDA

View Full Version : Broncos stock up on young D-line talent

Denver Native (Carol)
05-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Jack Del Rio has another big, stout toy to play with.

For the second time in his short tenure as the Denver Broncos’ defensive coordinator, Del Rio last month saw the team take a defensive lineman with its first draft pick, stealing North Carolina defensive tackle Sylvester Williams at No. 28. (Williams was expected to be a top-20 pick.)

Last year, Denver traded down and took defensive lineman Derek Wolfe out of Cincinnati. The versatile Wolfe was a mainstay as a rookie, and he looks to have a promising career ahead of him.

Del Rio knows these two players are major building blocks for his defense. And while they are different types of players, Del Rio expects both to have huge roles.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/58269/broncos-stock-up-on-young-d-line-talent

Joel
05-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Top 20, eh? I certainly like ESPNs rating better than NFL.coms (note: Not an endorsement of either.) Regardless, it looks like we're in better shape at DT than we have been since... um... can I get back to you...?

MOtorboat
05-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Top 20, eh? I certainly like ESPNs rating better than NFL.coms (note: Not an endorsement of either.) Regardless, it looks like we're in better shape at DT than we have been since... um... can I get back to you...?

Bitch about defensive tackle for years...then when defensive tackle is taken two years in a row, bitch about player drafted and opine about another position.

Your arguments are shallow.

broncohead
05-12-2013, 09:39 PM
I think Wolfe will eventually move to DT but it'll prob be a few years.

Joel
05-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Bitch about defensive tackle for years...then when defensive tackle is taken two years in a row, bitch about player drafted and opine about another position.

I really liked Vickersons play down the stretch, and feel confident in Knighton; the combination made me feel much better about our DTs. Nonetheless, I am not bitching about Sylvester Williams, nor have I. I'm concerned about other long term needs that still exist, but I don't know there was anyone worth a first round pick to address them, nor how Williams or any of our DTs will perform this year.

TXBRONC
05-13-2013, 06:49 AM
I think Wolfe will eventually move to DT but it'll prob be a few years.

Maybe but I think he will stay were he is at. He slid over to defensive tackle on regular basis last year so I would guess that is what they will do with him again this year.

broncohead
05-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Maybe but I think he will stay were he is at. He slid over to defensive tackle on regular basis last year so I would guess that is what they will do with him again this year.

He is a versatile dude that's for sure.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-13-2013, 09:56 AM

The Broncos like him in the 285-290 range. I don't see him being moved to DT on running downs. The role they had him in last year seems to be perfect for him.

TXBRONC
05-13-2013, 11:37 AM
The Broncos like him in the 285-290 range. I don't see him being moved to DT on running downs. The role they had him in last year seems to be perfect for him.

From what I've heard that's the way he was used in when he was at the University of Cincinatti.

silkamilkamonico
05-13-2013, 01:08 PM

I really liked Vickersons play down the stretch, and feel confident in Knighton; the combination made me feel much better about our DTs. Nonetheless, I am not bitching about Sylvester Williams, nor have I. I'm concerned about other long term needs that still exist, but I don't know there was anyone worth a first round pick to address them, nor how Williams or any of our DTs will perform this year.

Im concerned about denver having a good next 3 years. Long term needs can change throughout the season depending on what happens.

We got an incredibly explosive young uber talented prospect at a position thats very hard to soldify.

Hard to be disappointed unless gour just nfl stupid.