PDA

View Full Version : On the Clock: Ten Weeks In Mock

Requiem / The Dagda
11-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Just put 'er on before Thanksgiving.

Enjoy it!
The Beat - Broncos Draft (http://broncosdraft.wordpress.com/)
http://broncosdraft.wordpress.com/

underrated29
11-22-2007, 11:13 AM
i really like project gatorhorn- sounds good and has a nice ring to it.

All else looks good, as you know i dont watch college and have no idea about the players, but you and i are in agreemnet on team needs. So i will go with your choices of players to take. Very nice job, i always like reading these too.

I would say though that i think hall could be a full time back- not because his 60 yrd run either. A dump truck could have gone through that hole. Its just that hall seems to have some underrated strength i think, and combine that with his amasing speed and he just may surprise a lot of people as maybe a...a poor mans willie parker- faster but not as strong. who knows.

With that said, rb would still be a postition to add another player, just in case.

Whats shannys famous line? "You can never have to many good runningbacks."???

Retired_Member_001
11-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Dream, we've both been unhappy with the offensive line for a while now. I don't understand why you have us pick our ONLY offensive linemen of the draft in the third round then.

I also disagree with the Frank Okam selection. We need a DT in his prime, not ANOTHER young DT who will most likely take two-three years to develop into what we need him to be.

I like the Quintin Demps pick however as well as the Philip Wheeler pick.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-22-2007, 12:15 PM
I didn't predict free agency, so it's really tough for me to prioritize needs. As I mentioned, the likelihood of the top five or six tackles being there at our second-round pick are unlikely. Do you reach for a third-round player at the tackle position when there's a very good linebacker there with a high second round grade available?

I'm not so sure. If Denver had another pick in the top three rounds, it'd be so much easier. Unfortunately they don't.

If Denver was able to pick up a guy like Corey Williams, then I would not draft a DT in the first-round.

Believe me, I'd love to have a guy like Clady, perhaps even Baker - but will they be there at #18 when it's all said and done?

Perhaps Baker, but tackles have a premium.

Believe me, I wanted to put in a tackle early, but I tried to be honest with projecting too.

Retired_Member_001
11-22-2007, 03:26 PM
I didn't predict free agency, so it's really tough for me to prioritize needs. As I mentioned, the likelihood of the top five or six tackles being there at our second-round pick are unlikely. Do you reach for a third-round player at the tackle position when there's a very good linebacker there with a high second round grade available?

I'm not so sure. If Denver had another pick in the top three rounds, it'd be so much easier. Unfortunately they don't.

If Denver was able to pick up a guy like Corey Williams, then I would not draft a DT in the first-round.

Believe me, I'd love to have a guy like Clady, perhaps even Baker - but will they be there at #18 when it's all said and done?

Perhaps Baker, but tackles have a premium.

Believe me, I wanted to put in a tackle early, but I tried to be honest with projecting too.

Fair enough Dream.

We all know Shanahan likes to trade his draft picks and I think Shanahan would definitley trade up for Sam Baker or someone. Although I still think Shanahan has worries drafting an Offensive Lineman in the first round after George Foster.

I obviously don't agree with your first round selection for the two reasons I stated. However the rest of the picks are good.

DenBronx
12-15-2007, 09:45 PM
i personally love the okam choice dream. after seeing how good the texans line is now i truly see how great defenses can be built through the draft. now i just wonder how severe okams injury is....

also anymore linebackers??? i like us going dt in the 1st and lb in the 2nd round....then an ot.

Hawgdriver
12-31-2007, 05:20 PM
Dream, we've both been unhappy with the offensive line for a while now. I don't understand why you have us pick our ONLY offensive linemen of the draft in the third round then.

I also disagree with the Frank Okam selection. We need a DT in his prime, not ANOTHER young DT who will most likely take two-three years to develop into what we need him to be.

I like the Quintin Demps pick however as well as the Philip Wheeler pick.

I'm thinking Sam Baker (1st) and Red Bryant (2nd) would be perfect.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-31-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm thinking Sam Baker (1st) and Red Bryant (2nd) would be perfect.

WOW...2 of the softest prospects in 1 day? GREAT! Pass.

Hawgdriver
12-31-2007, 07:46 PM
WOW...2 of the softest prospects in 1 day? GREAT! Pass.

By soft, do you mean they have had injury problems? That's not a valid reason to call them soft. Do you mean they rely on technique instead of power? I don't follow you. Did you rough 'em up in a back-alley smackdown? Did they get pwned in the Octagon? I don't get it. Baker is a consensus first round pick, and Bryant would be a clear 2nd rounder w/o the injury. You're going to have to explain why they are soft and what that means. I would like to know what information you are hoarding that makes you so contemptuous of those prospects.

MOtorboat
12-31-2007, 07:49 PM
By soft, do you mean they have had injury problems? That's not a valid reason to call them soft. Do you mean they rely on technique instead of power? I don't follow you. Did you rough 'em up in a back-alley smackdown? Did they get pwned in the Octagon? I don't get it. Baker is a consensus first round pick, and Bryant would be a clear 2nd rounder w/o the injury. You're going to have to explain why they are soft and what that means. I would like to know what information you are hoarding that makes you so contemptuous of those prospects.

There is absolutely no way we should take Baker at No. 12.

Hawgdriver
12-31-2007, 08:11 PM
There is absolutely no way we should take Baker at No. 12.

You seem convinced, I'd like to know why. Have you already posted your thoughts about Baker? I skipped a couple of pages in this thread.

MOtorboat
12-31-2007, 08:29 PM
With Ryan Clady and Jeffrey Otah likely to still be on the board, taking Sam Baker, who is probably a late-first round draft pick anyway, would be a reach.

Baker has had injury problems, which the other two have not, and is a shaky run blocker.

Hawgdriver
12-31-2007, 08:55 PM
With Ryan Clady and Jeffrey Otah likely to still be on the board, taking Sam Baker, who is probably a late-first round draft pick anyway, would be a reach.

Baker has had injury problems, which the other two have not, and is a shaky run blocker.

Baker would be a good ZBS fit--better than Otah. Otah is intriguing, and perhaps worth the gamble, but he has Foster written all over. Otah is not good at hitting the moving target, but he could be utterly dominant as a drive blocker and pass blocker. Baker seems to be a risk in that he might be overpowered by NFL d-linemen, but he has the athleticism to excel in the Broncos running scheme. But I do agree with you about Clady--that would be a coup if we landed him.

Edit: taking another look at Otah, I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on him.