PDA

View Full Version : From (former Bronco) Dez Clark's Blog: Taking on McDaniels

Burly
09-03-2009, 04:32 PM
I searched, and haven't seen this posted, but it seems some guys might not be buying in to McDaniels, according to Dez. Here's a few of the things he's said over his last two postings.

Talking about the other night:

It was also their first home game under the regime of Josh McDaniels. I think after to talking to a few of the guys out there its safe to say everybody is not on the same page with Josh Belichick, oh, I meant McDaniels. Did you see his sideline outfit? Do it remind you of someone? I played in Denver for 3 year with Shanahan and it always seemed that the players out there love playing for that team. I dont think its the case now and I'm talking about the guys who you dont see on tv.

And then about Marshall:

I don't think its a whole lot of guys out in Denver that really wants to be in that program because of the way Josh McDaniels runs it

continues...

Pay the man and get on with life. You dont want to lose him like you did with Jay. By the way quit trying to act like you won't trade him. I know your smarter than that Josh.

I wonder if this team is headed in the right direction. Here's a link to the whole blog.

http://2009bears.blogspot.com/

What do you guys make of this?

yardog
09-03-2009, 04:38 PM
I searched, and haven't seen this posted, but it seems some guys might not be buying in to McDaniels, according to Dez. Here's a few of the things he's said over his last two postings.

Talking about the other night:

And then about Marshall:

continues...

I wonder if this team is headed in the right direction. Here's a link to the whole blog.

Welcome
You might should have posted this in Negative Game Thread to protect some of the other members here. Just saying.

T.K.O.
09-03-2009, 04:40 PM

i think it is absolutely contrary to everything ive heard from players that i give a crap about....eddie royal,stokes,orton,simms,graham etc...
and the source is a "bears" site meaning it was likely created by some shit disturbing loser who wanted to get a rise out of bronco fans......that's what i make of it !

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Also from his blog:

If the owner had to honor the contracts then you wouldn't have nearly as much of this squabbling going on year after year. 2.2 million is a lot of money but its chump change to one of the best receivers in this league.

Not sure what he is talking about - Bowlen is honoring Brandon's contract, which has one year left on it?????????????? What the heck does he mean by "if the owner had to honor the contracts" :confused:

Ray Finkle
09-03-2009, 04:43 PM
yeah...a worthless second string TE is where I go to get the latest scoop.....

yardog
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Also from his blog:

If the owner had to honor the contracts then you wouldn't have nearly as much of this squabbling going on year after year. 2.2 million is a lot of money but its chump change to one of the best receivers in this league.

Not sure what he is talking about - Bowlen is honoring Brandon's contract, which has one year left on it?????????????? What the heck does he mean by "if the owner had to honor the contracts" :confused:

He is referring to the players contacts not being guaranteed. Like in Baseball or Basketball. I guess for him it gives BM reason to act like a 5 year old.

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM
i think it is absolutely contrary to everything ive heard from players that i give a crap about....eddie royal,stokes,orton,simms,graham etc...
and the source is a "bears" site meaning it was likely created by some shit disturbing loser who wanted to get a rise out of bronco fans......that's what i make of it !

I doubt any of the mentioned players would tell the truth.......assuming of course the truth was negative. Just saying :D

Ray Finkle
09-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I doubt any of the mentioned players would tell the truth.......assuming of course the truth was negative. Just saying :D

I could care less....if McDaniels wins, this becomes a non-issue. If he loses, they get the flavor of the month as the next HC....

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 04:52 PM
I could care less....if McDaniels wins, this becomes a non-issue. If he loses, they get the flavor of the month as the next HC....

I hope win or lose he gets more then one year to be judged by. Even though I'm not a big fan nobody could turn this mess totally around in one season.

Ray Finkle
09-03-2009, 04:54 PM
I hope win or lose he gets more then one year to be judged by. Even though I'm not a big fan nobody could turn this mess totally around in one season.

I think after two years you can see either progression or regression. I do not approve of all his moves but like the attention to all parts of the team and not focusing just on offense.

I think Clark is just spewing venom from Jay....

Simple Jaded
09-03-2009, 05:14 PM

It's more likely that the players that best pimp the company line are the players that the PR department (McDaniels) makes available.......

Fan in Exile
09-03-2009, 05:36 PM
I think that he should go back to school and take an English course.

Watchthemiddle
09-03-2009, 05:48 PM

I agree. Lets not forget that Shanny was 8-8 his first year as HC in Denver. And he had a heck of a lot better team to work with.

It just takes time.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Also from his blog:

I think he might be talking about the fact that no NFL contract is guaranteed, and the owners can cut/release players at any time.... thus they aren't obligated to anything.

silkamilkamonico
09-03-2009, 06:48 PM
I played in Denver for 3 year with Shanahan and it always seemed that the players out there love playing for that team.

Well, I certainly loved watching those no playoff win 9-7 playoff blowout loss teams as well. Who cares about winning when you can be one big happy family!

Day1BroncoFan
09-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I think if the Broncos win players will want to be on a winning team.

Superchop 7
09-03-2009, 11:14 PM
They will be fine with Josh the offensive co-ordinator.

It's Josh the head coach that is the problem.

T.K.O.
09-04-2009, 10:59 AM
They will be fine with Josh the offensive co-ordinator.

It's Josh the head coach that is the problem.

and thats been decided in less than one camp and preseason ?
how do you think guys like shannahan,parcells and oh say...walsh get to be hof coaches....its not by getting fired after 3-4 games.

we have arguably the best young offensive mind in the game and apparently our best dc since coyer so try not to predict disaster before the opening kickoff...hmm kay !:salute:
besides did firing shannahan from oakland make al davis look like a genius a couple years down the road.....i think NOT !
give the kid a chance he might just put the broncos on the kind of roll we saw out of new england the last few years.
and i dont care if he wears his hoodie frontways ,sideways or on his head like a turban if he can get the broncos to the playoffs and beyond !!!!!!