PDA

View Full Version : NFL/jets on hot seat

kcvet
11-21-2007, 08:09 PM
didn't see this posted.

NFL, Giants Stadium in Hot Water for Breast-Baring Ritual Among Fans

Giants Stadium management, the National Football League and the New York Jets are in the hot seat over a practice that has become a halftime ritual at Jets games: lewd, drunken male fans shouting at women to expose their breasts.

story (story)

just the bare facts. mam

Devilspawn
11-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Giants Stadium management, the National Football League and the New York Jets are in the hot seat over a practice that has become a halftime ritual at Jets games: lewd, drunken male fans shouting at women to expose their breasts.
So this is where Isiah Thomas spends his sunday afternoons. :tsk:

omac
11-22-2007, 02:40 AM
When the male spectators don't get their wish, they frequently grow nasty — booing, spitting and throwing beer bottles at the women they're targeting.

Scum of the earth.

omac
11-22-2007, 02:45 AM
http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/?p=11690

Can’t Stop The Bleeding

Y-U-C-K, Yuck Yuck Yuck: Times Details Jets Fans Living Down to Reputation

Posted in Gridiron, Mob Behavior at 2:09 pm by David Roth

Both Brendan Flynn and Peter Segall have sent me a link to the David Picker New York Times article excerpted below. The piece details some ugly halftime behavior at this Sunday’s Jets win that is pretty stunningly crass even if you didn’t already think of Jets fans as being intellectually and genetically quasi-tarded. I should point out that most people in my hometown — it’s generally a Giants-fan town, for whatever reason those things happen — do indeed think of Jets fans like that.

I’ve never been to a Jets game, despite the fact that Giants Stadium is about 15 miles from where I grew up. I have been to maybe three NFL games in my life, all of them Giants games, and can’t say I totally enjoyed any of them. This is probably in part because I don’t really love the NFL (don’t tell these guys, who pay me to write about it), but more than that, as amazingly fast and complicated as the game is up close, I remember most of my Giants game experiences as…well, imagine grabbing a none-too-comfortable seat in a packed, dingy sports bar that serves expensive beer, offers terrible snacks at worse prices, and boasts a clientele that’s near-uniformly five beers deep and in a nasty way by early afternoon. Now imagine that bar out of doors in a Jersey swamp. What I’m saying is that I’d rather watch in someone’s living room. That said, I’m still kind of surprised and definitely somewhat sicked out to read this:

At halftime of the Jets’ home game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, several hundred men lined one of Giants Stadium’s two pedestrian ramps at Gate D. Three deep in some areas, they whistled and jumped up and down. Then they began an obscenity-laced chant, demanding that the few women in the gathering expose their breasts.

When one woman appeared to be on the verge of obliging, the hooting and hollering intensified. But then she walked away, and plastic beer bottles and spit went flying. Boos swept through the crowd of unsatisfied men.

Marco Hoffner, an 18-year-old from Lacey Township, N.J., was expecting to see more. Not from the Jets — they pulled off a big upset over the Steelers. He wanted more from the alternative halftime show that, according to many fans, has been a staple at Jets home games for years…

Throughout halftime, about 10 security guards in yellow jackets stood near the bottom of the circular, multilevel ramp, located beyond the stadium’s concourse of concession stands and restrooms. One of the guards was smoking a cigarette; many fans do the same during halftime on the giant ramps, which are located at each corner of the stadium. Another guard later said they were not permitted to do anything about the chants at Gate D because of free speech laws. Yet when a reporter tried to interview two security guards after halftime, he was detained in a holding room, threatened with arrest and asked to hand over his tape recorder…

Such fan behavior is not uncommon at other sporting events in the United States, like Nascar races and the infield at the Kentucky Derby. There was even an infamous undressing in the National Football League’s marquee event: during the 2004 Super Bowl halftime show, a “wardrobe malfunction” exposed Janet Jackson’s right breast before a worldwide televised audience.

But the Gate D tradition at Giants Stadium apparently is unique to Jets games; the Gate D ramps are comparatively empty at Giants games. Perhaps forlorn Jets fans, who have rarely had a winning team to support, are seeking alternative entertainment on game days.

“This is the game,” said Patrick Scofield, a 20-year-old from Poughkeepsie, N.Y.

A YouTube clip of the ugliness is here, and it’s unpleasant in the extreme. I know that stadium security guards are semi-incompetent authoritarian doofs all across this great country of ours, but have any of you ever seen anything like this? I hate to think that this is Jersey-only, but I can’t say that, deep down, I’m totally surprised by it. Grossed out, yes. Surprised, sadly not.

omac
11-22-2007, 02:49 AM
http://gawker.com/news/rowdy-friends/jets-fans-exploit-their-only-opportunity-to-view-breasts-324929.php

Jets Fans Exploit Their Only Opportunity To View Breasts

It seems that Jets fans might be a bunch of drunk mooks, if this New York Times exposé on the harassment of women at Giants Stadium Gate D is to be believed. At halftime of each of that other New York football team's home game, thousands of men gather along the ramp to shout something the Times refuses to print at any woman who happens to appear in their line of sight. Then those women apparently bare their breasts.

The unprintable chant works! A Times reporter did indeed see the tits of 23-year-old Denisse Rivera. He was so shocked that he went to ask the security guards how they could allow such lewd behavior. Then "he was detained in a holding room, threatened with arrest and asked to hand over his tape recorder." Ha.

The reason the cops and Giants stadium management continue to look the other way (metaphorically) is that they recognize how depressing it is to watch the Jets actually play football: "'This is the game,' said Patrick Scofield, a 20-year-old from Poughkeepsie, N.Y., who has attended several Jets games the last two seasons."

And while we don't condone harassment, large gatherings of drunk ********, or the New York Jets in general, at least the cops put a stop to their old game of dropping change on the ground and then throwing "objects" at the children who go to pick it up. Though that does sound funnier. :tsk:

omac
11-22-2007, 03:07 AM
http://scandal.blosker.com/link/more-boobs-from-gate-d-24395

NOVEMBER 21--In defense of New York Jets fans, it turns out that the NFL team's supporters don't only spend their halftimes urging women to show them their breasts. In fact, as this video from infamous Gate D at Giants Stadium shows, they also steal huge vending carts and push them off the top of the spiral. The vandalism was captured by a Meadowlands denizen who exulted, "I got it all on tape" after the heavy metal cart crashed to the ground.

broncosfanscott
11-22-2007, 03:49 AM
didn't see this posted.

NFL, Giants Stadium in Hot Water for Breast-Baring Ritual Among Fans

story (story)

just the bare facts. mam

I first heard about it on ESPN's First Take and was totally shocked. :tsk:

SR
11-22-2007, 05:05 AM
Show me them boobies!

KCL
11-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Show me them boobies!

Are you the waterboy?

I heard about this.Pretty strange.I would bet there are some females
at some of these games that don't have no problem baring it all tho.

kcvet
11-22-2007, 08:50 AM
probably the liquor. no doubt a lot of them were drunk. maybe they should stop selling it at halftime or after the 3 QTR?????

SR
11-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Are you the waterboy?

Joe Dirt!!!!

KCL
11-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Joe Dirt!!!!

thats right...Joe Dirt :doh:

And I even have that movie.