PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Tamme glad to see Wes Welker joining Broncos' receiving corps

Denver Native (Carol)
05-02-2013, 03:25 PM
If people weren't aware Jacob Tamme was a team-first player before, they should now.

Tamme was the Broncos' third-leading receiver last season from the "move" tight end position. His 52 catches for 555 yards trailed only the Broncos' standout receiving duo of Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.

But Tamme doesn't figure to put up those kind of stats this season after the Broncos signed slot receiver Wes Welker back in March. Welker averaged 112 receptions his previous six seasons in New England, and the expectation is the Broncos will run more three-receiver sets with Welker than two-tight end sets with Tamme.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23157674/jacob-tamme-glad-see-wes-welker-joining-broncos

jhns
05-02-2013, 03:38 PM
I like Tamme and he will still be important to the offense. It will be fun seeing what they do with all of these weapons and how the ball is distributed between them.

Dapper Dan
05-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Tamme is probably one of my favorite players on this team. All class. It's still crazy to think that someone who grew up an hour from where I live is making the money that he is.