PDA

View Full Version : Movies You Liked But Can Never Watch Again

MasterShake
05-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Came across an interesting article about this today and it got me thinking. Here is the first one that popped into my head. This movie devastated me when I watched it but was the greatest documentary I'd probably ever seen about loss and humanity:

dZXatzQ1kzg

Some other ones include Schindler's List and Funny Games (which all happened to be on the list in the article).

http://screencrush.com/greatest-movies-never-again-dear-zachary/

Anyone else have movies they liked but were bothered so much by they couldn't watch them ever again?

Buff
05-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Hostel. It was entertaining one time - but I have a low tolerance for human torture scenes.

Then I often feel that way with thrillers. The suspense is only there the first time you watch it. And in general, I usually only watch movies once. Half the time I can't remember if I've seen a movie or not.

Northman
05-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Yea, Hostel was well made but damn if it isnt traumatic and disturbing. Also for me would be "Internal Affairs" and "Kids".

Slick
05-02-2013, 03:16 PM
North has Kids. I'll add another from Harmony Karine...Gummo. Disturbing as hell.

ShaneFalco
05-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Great Thread. Im sure i will find some for ya

MasterShake
05-02-2013, 03:23 PM
North has Kids. I'll add another from Harmony Karine...Gummo. Disturbing as hell.

Forgot about Kids, just saw the main character in that film in an episode of Law & Order playing a crackhead.

Dreadnought
05-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Reservoir Dogs and Apocalypto come to mind. I plan on watching "The Passion" again at some point in the future TBD, but I don't look forward to the experience at all

Ravage!!!
05-02-2013, 03:34 PM
To me, any movie that has a surprise or twist ending to it. When you first see it, its pretty cool. But its like watching "Sixth Sense" and trying NOT to know he's already dead.

Most sappy movies I won't watch again.

MasterShake
05-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Reservoir Dogs and Apocalypto come to mind. I plan on watching "The Passion" again at some point in the future TBD, but I don't look forward to the experience at all

I remember seeing Apocolypto at the theater and just clenching my chest trying to protect my heart! Haven't felt like that since seeing Indiana Jones And The Temple of Doom as a youngin'.

Northman
05-02-2013, 03:37 PM
I remember seeing Apocolypto at the theater and just clenching my chest trying to protect my heart! Haven't felt like that since seeing Indiana Jones And The Temple of Doom as a youngin'.

I actually can watch that more than once and have. Its a crazy movie but doesnt effect me like some others.

ShaneFalco
05-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Apocalypse Now. I can watch every vietnam movie like Platoon over and over but Apoc Now gets me irked.

Thnikkaman
05-02-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm sure I'm going to get blasted for this but:

The Shawshank Redemption

ShaneFalco
05-02-2013, 03:42 PM

The Shawshank Redemption
your getting blasted for this. :laugh:

I can watch this movie over and over.

Magnificent Seven
05-02-2013, 03:44 PM
The Aviator (2004)

It would be boring if I watch this film for 2nd time.

ShaneFalco
05-02-2013, 03:45 PM
oh and also "Chronicle". That movie about those guys who get powers. All the surprises that made the movie good are gone the 2nd time.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2013, 03:48 PM
oh and also "Chronicle". That movie about those guys who get powers. All the surprises that made the movie good are gone the 2nd time.

That and it was boring to begin with.

MasterShake
05-02-2013, 03:53 PM

The Shawshank Redemption

I am like that too with some "classic" films. I have seen The Godfather exactly once. Loved it, never care if I ever see it again.

chazoe60
05-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Dead Man Walking- The scene of him being take to the death chamber is completely horrible to watch. I won't be revisiting Caligula anytime soon.

Slick
05-02-2013, 04:07 PM

I love Tarantino films but man, Resevoir Dogs is his worst IMO. Listening to Tim Roth screaming and writhing on the ground ruined the film for me. I could watch the opening scene more than once...when Buschemi talks about why he doesn't tip, and they all argue with him... Tarantino at his finest, but Tim Roth ruins the rest of the film.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2013, 04:08 PM
wow.. shocked to see that some of you are so sensitive.

MasterShake
05-02-2013, 04:34 PM
wow.. shocked to see that some of you are so sensitive.

I don't think its all sensitive. Some issues with some great films really reduce their rewatch-ability factor, sometimes to zero. Like someone already pointed out The Sixth Sense was pretty good on the first watch, but unless you suffer from daily amnesia there really is no reason to revisit it.

shank
05-02-2013, 05:48 PM
buried. the whole movie is just frustrating. once was enough.

requiem for a dream is on the list in the link, i've seen that movie a ton of times. makes me uncomfortable every time, but i can endure it, unlike some of the crazy violent stuff out there.

Northman
05-02-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't think its all sensitive. Some issues with some great films really reduce their rewatch-ability factor, sometimes to zero. Like someone already pointed out The Sixth Sense was pretty good on the first watch, but unless you suffer from daily amnesia there really is no reason to revisit it.

Yea, most of Shaymalan's (I know i ****** up that spelling) movies are like that. Clever the first time (at least the early films) but then the cat is out of the bag and the surprise is gone.