PDA

View Full Version : Who is that guy?

Superchop 7
05-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Mark my words.....for those attending training camp next year.....you are going to be hearing alot of "who's that guy?".

That guy is Zac Dysert

I did not break down alot of tape at the QB position this year, absolutely zero on Dysert, BUT today I have......and oh....what a resume.

Holy Christ can this kid play!

My only knock on him is he has to know when to throw it away, easily fixed.

I'm telling you, this kid can throw into an NFL window, he is that accurate.

Is he better than Brock ?

It's not even close.

Release.....very good

Accuracy.....excellent

Mobility......good

Gamer.....yes.

Escapability.....good

Keeps eyes downfield.....very good.

Poise......very good.

Throw off back foot with accuracy.....very good.

Footwork....average.

If the Broncos thought they were filling a need for a number 3 QB, they screwed up, this kid is nobodies number 3.

Excellent job Broncos.

GEM
05-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Why did he go in the 7th round with all the high praise and ratings? Serious question.

Zweems56
05-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Why did he go in the 7th round with all the high praise and ratings? Serious question.

Because he's got a case of the worst disease known to quarterback-kind. "lock-on syndrome."

Simple Jaded
05-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Because he's got a case of the worst disease known to quarterback-kind. "lock-on syndrome."

He birddog's his receiver?

weazel
05-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Brady went in the 6th

rationalfan
05-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Is he better than Brock ?

It's not even close.

i don't see how any of us can know this. i mean, if you're comparing zac to brock's ASU days, perhaps. but brock isn't that quarterback anymore. and none of us have seen what type of QB he is now.

man, i hope you're right, because more good QB options is a great problem to have. but i'm skeptical.

at any rate, i hope we don't see either zac or brock in a regular season game (save mop-up duties) for three years.

slim
05-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Good players get passed up all the time.

Not sure this is one of those times, but a lot of people love this pick.

LawDog
05-02-2013, 01:39 PM
I think having two guys actively competing for the #2 is awesome. Makes 'em both better.

CoachChaz
05-02-2013, 01:45 PM
I read somewhere (cant remember) where a lot of scouts like Dysert much more than Osweiler. Obviously there are differences in how to compare, but screw it...at the end of the day, having two good young QB's to choose from improves the chances that one will be good. I've also read a lot of good things about Ryan Katz

shank
05-02-2013, 01:51 PM
competition makes everyone better, and i have faith our staff would give dysert or katz the nod over oz if they earned it. zam.

slim
05-02-2013, 01:53 PM
competition makes everyone better, and i have faith our staff would give dysert or katz the nod over oz if they earned it. zam.

Incorrect. THe job waS ALREADy handid to OX..

chazoe60
05-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Poor Dysert just got the Superchop kiss of death. He'll never play a down in the NFL. ;)

G_Money
05-02-2013, 01:56 PM
I thought we drafted Oz too high and a year early, so Dysert is making up for that by being drafted a little low. Both have issues, and strengths. I'm fine with having both of em on the team. Gives us a better shot of having a working replacement for Manning in a coupla years.

~G

chazoe60
05-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Elway knows what happens to a franchise when a future HOf QB retires, I for one am happy as Hell that Elway is doing everything he can to prepare for that day. Stockpile QBs all you want John, let them fight it out and by the time we need one of them to step up and lead this franchise they'll be all the better and more prepaired for it.

Simple Jaded
05-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Still gotta take another QB next year, you gotta get these backups legitimate competition for the job instead of just hiding them on the depth chart behind Manning. Know what I mean?

BroncoJoe
05-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Qlt66vdmIrQ

GEM
05-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks Joe!

I like his ability to move. He also looks to understand depth and a receiver reaching a point very well. Looking forward to watching him grow.

BroncoJoe
05-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Longish blonde hair, swagger, rifle arm, mobile, red and white uni in college....

huh.

Chef Zambini
05-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Brady went in the 6thkurt warner went undrafted and unwanted.

Chef Zambini
05-02-2013, 03:06 PM
like his employer, lets hope he is smarter than he looks.
I think he had an in jury as a junior that cost him some playing time.
played surrounded by lesser talent, not unlike cutler at vandy.

Simple Jaded
05-02-2013, 03:07 PM
kurt warner went undrafted and unwanted.

To be fair Kurt Warner kinda sucked at the time.

Chef Zambini
05-02-2013, 03:11 PM
the buzz is out of the box.
and Os will have to respond.
he cant hide behind a clipboard.
THIS is exactly what I had hoped for, could not be more happy, even if Brock wins the spot, we now will know he has EARNED it !

Lancane
05-02-2013, 03:15 PM
I have to laugh at the Van Pelt syndrome on this board...oh, he's the next great quarterback, only drafted in the 7th Round in the weakest quarterback class in what? Two decades? Yeah, he's a future H.O.F, he'll usurp Osweiler who the Broncos are high on simply because a handful of fans (one or two) in particular are not high on Osweiler.

broncofaninfla
05-02-2013, 03:18 PM
With PFM we have the perfect situation for all of the young QB's currently on our roster. I also feel good about the guys Elway and company are picking. We could very well have our next franchise QB already on our roster wether it be Oz or Dysert.

Superchop 7
05-02-2013, 03:21 PM
I think, in scouting circles, there is such a "big time program" mentality that they really don't get it.

Here was my checklist last year.

Solid 4 year resume.....solid history as a qb....CHECK (although he did break his thumb in high school and played linebacker instead....there are nuances that come from experience that can't be taught in a film room and unfortunately there is no developmental league in the NFL)

Has played well under pressure......CHECK (if your o line isn't the greatest and you are still bouncing passes off receivers hands.....this translates well.....just look at Barkley after he lost his left tackle....his play dropped)

Deep Ball touch......CHECK.

As for the "lock on" comment......they are running trips into the same zone, it may look like he is locked, but when you consistently find the most open guy out of the three.....thats knowing what your seeing.

rationalfan
05-02-2013, 03:26 PM
I have to laugh at the Van Pelt syndrome on this board...oh, he's the next great quarterback, only drafted in the 7th Round in the weakest quarterback class in what? Two decades? Yeah, he's a future H.O.F, he'll usurp Osweiler who the Broncos are high on simply because a handful of fans (one or two) in particular are not high on Osweiler.

or the adam weber syndrome.

i wonder, was there ever a jeff lewis syndrome?

slim
05-02-2013, 03:30 PM

Yes and a Matt Mauck syndrome.

Every QB they pick is the next great thing...except for Brock for some reason.

Simple Jaded
05-02-2013, 03:32 PM
THIS is exactly what I had hoped for, could not be more happy, even if Brock wins the spot, we now will know he has EARNED it !

Yeah but if Dysert wins out how will we know if he really earned it? According to you we have no idea about Osweiler so until one of them plays the #1's in a meaningful game for all we know beating out Osweiler would be the same as beating out Caleb Hanie.

Lancane
05-02-2013, 03:35 PM

I call it the Van Pelt syndrome simply because he was a local favorite being from CSU who was drafted in the seventh round and according to a number of them, he'd be the next franchise quarterback of the Broncos.

Superchop 7
05-02-2013, 03:37 PM
http://youtu.be/JYvI_vtYeA8

Ravage!!!
05-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Yeah but if Dysert wins out how will we know if he really earned it? According to you we have no idea about Osweiler so until one of them plays the #1's in a meaningful game for all we know beating out Osweiler would be the same as beating out Caleb Hanie.

Great point. I mean, how is Dysert supposed to "earn" that spot? HE HASN'T THROWN A MEANINGFUL BALL IN THE NFL!!

Superchop 7
05-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Yep, thats what Elway said, just a training camp arm, reminds him of Van Pelt.

rationalfan
05-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Yes and a Matt Mauck syndrome.

Every QB they pick is the next great thing...except for Brock for some reason.

because brock was picked a round too early. if denver tabs him in the third, he's a folk hero.

Superchop 7
05-02-2013, 03:49 PM
The secret service has just arrested John Elway for theft of a QB in the 7th round.

His bail has been set at 1.53 million.

Where are we gonna get the money?

Simple Jaded
05-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Hey, seriously, does anybody know whether or not that $1.53 mil gets credited to the Broncos cap?

Simple Jaded
05-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Great point. I mean, how is Dysert supposed to "earn" that spot? HE HASN'T THROWN A MEANINGFUL BALL IN THE NFL!!

I suppose it all boils down to whether or not you like Dysert. I could be wrong.

Lancane
05-02-2013, 04:04 PM
I think, in scouting circles, there is such a "big time program" mentality that they really don't get it.

Here was my checklist last year.

Solid 4 year resume.....solid history as a qb....CHECK (although he did break his thumb in high school and played linebacker instead....there are nuances that come from experience that can't be taught in a film room and unfortunately there is no developmental league in the NFL)

Has played well under pressure......CHECK (if your o line isn't the greatest and you are still bouncing passes off receivers hands.....this translates well.....just look at Barkley after he lost his left tackle....his play dropped)

Deep Ball touch......CHECK.

As for the "lock on" comment......they are running trips into the same zone, it may look like he is locked, but when you consistently find the most open guy out of the three.....thats knowing what your seeing.

Can I call bullshit?

Andre Ware (Houston), Dan McGwire (San Diego State), Brett Farve (Southern Mississippi), David Klinger (Houston), Dave Brown (Duke), Trent Dilfer (Fresno State), Steve McNair (Alcorn State), Kordell Stewart (Colorado), Charlie Batch (Eastern Michigan), Tim Couch (Kentucky), Donovan McNabb (Syracuse), Daunte Culppeper (Central Florida), Shaun King (Tulane), Chad Pennington (Marshall), David Carr (Fresno State), Patrick Ramsey (Tulane), Byron Leftwich (Marshall), Ben Roethlisberger (Miami OH), J.P Losman (Tulane), Alex Smith (Utah), Tavaris Jackson (Alabama State), Kevin Kolb (Houston), Joe Flacco (Delaware), Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt), Andy Dalton (TCU) and Colin Kaepernick (Nevada)...all of who stood in the top echelon of their respective classes.

Not until recently have the smaller schools and weaker programs been paying dividends at the pro level, but the NFL is not adverse to putting them out there, Big Ben is from the same school as Dysert and was a first round pick. We could throw in Andrew Luck, Stanford is not a major quarterback program in itself. This is complete and utter nonsense, Zac Dysert was overlooked for a reason and it has nothing to do with what program he hails from, in a weak class like this? If he was even half the quarterback you claim, he'd have been the top quarterback in the class.

Lancane
05-02-2013, 04:08 PM
The secret service has just arrested John Elway for theft of a QB in the 7th round.

His bail has been set at 1.53 million.

Where are we gonna get the money?

..........:coffee:

broncohead
05-02-2013, 07:11 PM

I'm pretty sure it was evident that we were going to grab a QB. We had 2 on the roster. We would have gotten a FA if hadn't drafted one.

silkamilkamonico
05-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Dude has vey questionable decision making. He is likely going to throw a lot of interceptions in the NFL if he ever gets serious pt anywhere. Look at some of those throws he made on the reel. Hell the first 2 throws would have been intercepted in the NFL. This guy dropeed to the 7th round for a reason. 7th round of arguably one of the worst QB classes to come out...ever.

silkamilkamonico
05-02-2013, 10:57 PM

Some of the dumbest argument for our current QB position I have ever seen, and you clearly didn't pay attention to what happened at the backup QB spot last year when Brock clearly beat out Hanie and the other dude. No wonder why nobody ever high fives your dumb posts about the QB situation.

sneakers
05-03-2013, 12:11 AM
I will be surprised if he makes the team

underrated29
05-03-2013, 12:54 AM
Adam weber says F you guys!!

Superchop 7
05-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Your right, those scouts know first round talent when they see it.......

Look at this list of hall-of-famers......

JP Losman, Brady Quinn, Joey Harrington, Jamarcus Russell, Cade Mcnown, Matt Leinart, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Heath Schuler, Todd Marinovich, David Klingler, Ryan Leaf, Jerry Tagge, Andre Ware, Kelly Stouffer, Dan Mcgwire, Art Schlicter, Jack Thompson, Mike Phipps, Todd Blackledge and JIM DRUNKENMILLER !!!!!

Chef Zambini
05-03-2013, 01:25 AM
Can I call bullshit?

Andre Ware (Houston), Dan McGwire (San Diego State), Brett Farve (Southern Mississippi), David Klinger (Houston), Dave Brown (Duke), Trent Dilfer (Fresno State), Steve McNair (Alcorn State), Kordell Stewart (Colorado), Charlie Batch (Eastern Michigan), Tim Couch (Kentucky), Donovan McNabb (Syracuse), Daunte Culppeper (Central Florida), Shaun King (Tulane), Chad Pennington (Marshall), David Carr (Fresno State), Patrick Ramsey (Tulane), Byron Leftwich (Marshall), Ben Roethlisberger (Miami OH), J.P Losman (Tulane), Alex Smith (Utah), Tavaris Jackson (Alabama State), Kevin Kolb (Houston), Joe Flacco (Delaware), Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt), Andy Dalton (TCU) and Colin Kaepernick (Nevada)...all of who stood in the top echelon of their respective classes.

Not until recently have the smaller schools and weaker programs been paying dividends at the pro level, but the NFL is not adverse to putting them out there, Big Ben is from the same school as Dysert and was a first round pick. We could throw in Andrew Luck, Stanford is not a major quarterback program in itself. This is complete and utter nonsense, Zac Dysert was overlooked for a reason and it has nothing to do with what program he hails from, in a weak class like this? If he was even half the quarterback you claim, he'd have been the top quarterback in the class.So do you consider him a worthwhiule adversary to brock, or is he just window dressing tomato can?

Chef Zambini
05-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Some of the dumbest argument for our current QB position I have ever seen, and you clearly didn't pay attention to what happened at the backup QB spot last year when Brock clearly beat out Hanie and the other dude. No wonder why nobody ever high fives your dumb posts about the QB situation.
I called your sister.
She says it's beef barley night.

Superchop 7
05-03-2013, 01:30 AM
Oh wait.....I forgot somebody.....lets hear it from The Godfather himself.....In a interview, Gil Brandt was asked about Tim Tebow possibly being a first-round draft pick.

Here's part of Brandt's answer --

"Let me take you back to the mid‑'60s out in your former area there in Palo Alto, California, and I can remember there was a quarterback out there by the name of Roger Staubach, and in those days there were probably 50 or 55 people that would visit these All‑Star games, and probably 50 of that group of 55 or 60 felt that there was no way because he didn't know how to pass that Roger Staubach could ever play in the National Football League."

Superchop 7
05-03-2013, 01:43 AM
100 TDs in high school throwing the ball.

Over 12,000 yards passing in college.

My man.....Zac Attack.

Joel
05-03-2013, 04:39 AM
i don't see how any of us can know this. i mean, if you're comparing zac to brock's ASU days, perhaps. but brock isn't that quarterback anymore. and none of us have seen what type of QB he is now.

man, i hope you're right, because more good QB options is a great problem to have. but i'm skeptical.

at any rate, i hope we don't see either zac or brock in a regular season game (save mop-up duties) for three years.
Oldest QB to win a SB: John Elway, 38
Oldest QB to win a playoff game: Brett Favre, 40
Broncos current QB: Peyton Manning, 37

I don't see him playing at 39. It's funny though, I heard more about our last pick before the draft than I did about our first. :tongue: That's not a prediction, just an observation; I have no idea what either will do.

Oh wait.....I forgot somebody.....lets hear it from The Godfather himself.....In a interview, Gil Brandt was asked about Tim Tebow possibly being a first-round draft pick.

Here's part of Brandt's answer --

"Let me take you back to the mid‑'60s out in your former area there in Palo Alto, California, and I can remember there was a quarterback out there by the name of Roger Staubach, and in those days there were probably 50 or 55 people that would visit these All‑Star games, and probably 50 of that group of 55 or 60 felt that there was no way because he didn't know how to pass that Roger Staubach could ever play in the National Football League."
Is that a fair comparison though? Staubach may've looked bad in HS, but was the real deal at Navy, good enough Dallas drafted him despite having to wait for him to finish his service commitment during a war.

Plus Gil had a computer back then and nobody else did; hard to know the difference that made.

aulaza
05-03-2013, 06:02 AM
Having wached pretty much all the available youtube stuff on Dysert since the draft, I have been pretty impressed. Obviously I'm not a scout, and only have access to youtube rather than all 22 or other proper game film. Nonetheless, I would say that Dysert has great arm talent and can make all the throws.

He would consistently find the space between the corner and safety which is a tough throw to make. His accuracy was good for the most part, especially on deep balls like these. He showed the strength and speed to either evade or hold off pass rushers and still make a strong, accurate pass. He has the speed to escape the pocket when he needs to. Having said that, he is good at keeping his eyes downfield before tucking and running. He is able to throw on the run well, I was really impressed by the velocity and accuracy he could get whilst throwing on the run, to his left or right, even throwing the opposite to his direction of movement. He could do the same whilst throwing off the back foot, without his feet being set properly. He could extend the play and improvise well. He also showed the ability to anticipate open receivers and throw into a small window with power and accuracy. His pocket presence seemed pretty good, there were some instances where he didn't feel pressure that he should have, but by and large I felt he was decent in this area, often stepping up when he needed to.

However, what I didn't see is him going through his progressions, I felt there was an element of 'lock in syndrome'. Now, I only watched youtube so its hard to tell. Im not saying he can't go through his progressions, just that I didn't see it. I felt that he did go to his primary more often than not, and that he did stare guys down. Again, I can't know for sure, but it was just my impression from what I watched.

Overall he seems a guy with great talent and a good prospect for a seventh round pick.

TXBRONC
05-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Can I call bullshit?

Not until recently have the smaller schools and weaker programs been paying dividends at the pro level, but the NFL is not adverse to putting them out there, Big Ben is from the same school as Dysert and was a first round pick. We could throw in Andrew Luck, Stanford is not a major quarterback program in itself. This is complete and utter nonsense, Zac Dysert was overlooked for a reason and it has nothing to do with what program he hails from, in a weak class like this? If he was even half the quarterback you claim, he'd have been the top quarterback in the class.

Geno Smith was considered by many to be the best quarterback in this draft class and he didn't go until second round. If Dysert was only warranted a 4th round grade in this draft what would he have warranted last year? It's pure speculation on my part but he only warranted a 4th this year I don't he would have warranted a higher grade last year.

rationalfan
05-03-2013, 09:42 AM
to bring this back to brock, there were a few reports that had he stayed another year he would have been the first QB taken in this year's draft.

again, i hope dysert becomes a stud, but i don't quite understand the anti-brock sentiment by some people here.

TXBRONC
05-03-2013, 10:34 AM
to bring this back to brock, there were a few reports that had he stayed another year he would have been the first QB taken in this year's draft.

again, i hope dysert becomes a stud, but i don't quite understand the anti-brock sentiment by some people here.

Mike Klis in his mailbag just couple of days was asked about Dysert pick. He doesn't think organization thinks any less of Brock because of this pick. He thinks that has more to do with Elway and Fox wanting having four quarterbacks going into camp to help Brock stay sharp.

silkamilkamonico
05-03-2013, 10:46 AM
I called your sister.
She says it's beef barley night.

If you weren't so concerned about my sister's beef barley, you wouldn't keep missing the point of you either lying about what happened last year with the backup QB position, or getting him confused with Bradley Van Pelt.

We're in 2013 right now.

Chef Zambini
05-03-2013, 11:41 AM
If you weren't so concerned about my sister's beef barley, you wouldn't keep missing the point of you either lying about what happened last year with the backup QB position, or getting him confused with Bradley Van Pelt.

We're in 2013 right now.thanks for the update, let me set my watch.

Chef Zambini
05-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Having wached pretty much all the available youtube stuff on Dysert since the draft, I have been pretty impressed. Obviously I'm not a scout, and only have access to youtube rather than all 22 or other proper game film. Nonetheless, I would say that Dysert has great arm talent and can make all the throws.

He would consistently find the space between the corner and safety which is a tough throw to make. His accuracy was good for the most part, especially on deep balls like these. He showed the strength and speed to either evade or hold off pass rushers and still make a strong, accurate pass. He has the speed to escape the pocket when he needs to. Having said that, he is good at keeping his eyes downfield before tucking and running. He is able to throw on the run well, I was really impressed by the velocity and accuracy he could get whilst throwing on the run, to his left or right, even throwing the opposite to his direction of movement. He could do the same whilst throwing off the back foot, without his feet being set properly. He could extend the play and improvise well. He also showed the ability to anticipate open receivers and throw into a small window with power and accuracy. His pocket presence seemed pretty good, there were some instances where he didn't feel pressure that he should have, but by and large I felt he was decent in this area, often stepping up when he needed to.

However, what I didn't see is him going through his progressions, I felt there was an element of 'lock in syndrome'. Now, I only watched youtube so its hard to tell. Im not saying he can't go through his progressions, just that I didn't see it. I felt that he did go to his primary more often than not, and that he did stare guys down. Again, I can't know for sure, but it was just my impression from what I watched.

Overall he seems a guy with great talent and a good prospect for a seventh round pick.
all indications, worthwhile adversary for Os, not just a tomato can.

Chef Zambini
05-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Geno Smith was considered by many to be the best quarterback in this draft class and he didn't go until second round. If Dysert was only warranted a 4th round grade in this draft what would he have warranted last year? It's pure speculation on my part but he only warranted a 4th this year I don't he would have warranted a higher grade last year.and while it is early, lets not forget the rookie season russel wilson had!
what round did he go in and how many QB selections, including our own brockmiester, preceded his name on draft day.
back to zack...
worst case scenario this kid plays our scout team QB for these terams that feature a mobile "pistol style, option, since we will be facing a handful throu-out the season.
But it sounds like he has the potential to learn the offense, take instruction, and kneel at the footsteps of his royal PFM, while elway the merlin wizard watches at close proximity.

MOtorboat
05-03-2013, 12:03 PM
and while it is early, lets not forget the rookie season russel wilson had!
what round did he go in and how many QB selections, including our own brockmiester, preceded his name on draft day.
back to zack...
worst case scenario this kid plays our scout team QB for these terams that feature a mobile "pistol style, option, since we will be facing a handful throu-out the season.
But it sounds like he has the potential to learn the offense, take instruction, and kneel at the footsteps of his royal PFM, while elway the merlin wizard watches at close proximity.

You must have a royal authority complex.

What I wouldn't give to see you drunk and trying to confront a cop...

Chef Zambini
05-03-2013, 12:03 PM

again, i hope dysert becomes a stud, but i don't quite understand the anti-brock sentiment by some people here.again, in yet another futile attempt to be clear...
I am not anti brock.
I am concerned about the way and where he was drafted, how he was ANOINTED, and then coddled and essentialy held from view.
I hope he JUSTIFIES his selection and we can see tangeable talent on the field, on a gameday, even if it is just pre-season !
I want to hear and read about camp competition, Brock v Zack.

Chef Zambini
05-03-2013, 12:17 PM
You must have a royal authority complex.

What I wouldn't give to see you drunk and trying to confront a cop...what has this got to do with our QB discussion?
I cant recall the last time I was drunk in public.
I dont have "confrontations' with police officers.
Art of War...
or was that Larry of Scirmish.

silkamilkamonico
05-03-2013, 12:19 PM
again, in yet another futile attempt to be clear...
I am not anti brock.
I am concerned about the way and where he was drafted, how he was ANOINTED, and then coddled and essentialy held from view.
I hope he JUSTIFIES his selection and we can see tangeable talent on the field, on a gameday, even if it is just pre-season !

You have a problem with Denver drafting a QB in the second round, ultimately winning the backup job after starting 3rd string and then beating out Hanie in practice as the season goes to get the backup job, but not beating out Peyton Manning, so instead of becoming the starter he remained the backup?

And now your willing to just annoint Zac Dysert the 3rd string QB, with no toher QB to challenge him in camp, after how Denver denver drafted him, and is now coddling him to be the 3rd QB with no competition?

Wow.

silkamilkamonico
05-03-2013, 12:21 PM
what has this got to do with our QB discussion?

Probably the same as your beef barley quote.

I'll wait for your "no comment" to that one.

Superchop 7
05-03-2013, 12:29 PM
http://youtu.be/VIVfD0ZA6jE

Zachary "SUNSHINE" Dysert.

rationalfan
05-03-2013, 12:41 PM
again, in yet another futile attempt to be clear...
I am not anti brock.

paraphrasing bill walsh: if you like a guy, draft him. don't worry about where you draft him, just that you like him.

i'll take walsh's theories/perspectives over arm-chair GMs any day of the week.

as for being "held from view," how? it's not like the organization redacted all of his preseason game footage and then kept peyton in games just to make sure brock would never be seen by the fans. remember, peyton didn't sit much in indy blowouts either. he likes to play. i like that in a QB.

MOtorboat
05-03-2013, 12:58 PM
paraphrasing bill walsh: if you like a guy, draft him. don't worry about where you draft him, just that you like him.

i'll take walsh's theories/perspectives over arm-chair GMs any day of the week.

as for being "held from view," how? it's not like the organization redacted all of his preseason game footage and then kept peyton in games just to make sure brock would never be seen by the fans. remember, peyton didn't sit much in indy blowouts either. he likes to play. i like that in a QB.

You've got to remember that this is someone who thinks Osweiler didn't play in the fourth preseason game last year...

Lancane
05-03-2013, 01:12 PM
So do you consider him a worthwhiule adversary to brock, or is he just window dressing tomato can?

He looks like a far less talented version of Jake Plummer to be honest...

Lancane
05-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Your right, those scouts know first round talent when they see it.......

Look at this list of hall-of-famers......

JP Losman, Brady Quinn, Joey Harrington, Jamarcus Russell, Cade Mcnown, Matt Leinart, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Heath Schuler, Todd Marinovich, David Klingler, Ryan Leaf, Jerry Tagge, Andre Ware, Kelly Stouffer, Dan Mcgwire, Art Schlicter, Jack Thompson, Mike Phipps, Todd Blackledge and JIM DRUNKENMILLER !!!!!

Dumbest argument I've ever seen, especially when you look at the successes in comparison, it only shows the nature of the position. But there have been fewer modern day latter day successes drafted at quarterback then at any other position. This kid didn't even go in the third round, in a quarterback hungry draft let alone a quarterback hungry league? No, you're right Superchop, your a better scout then all those scouts around the NFL, who work for the NFL or for separate scouting agencies, that's why everyone has a Tom Brady and you are in such demand to join their ranks instead of posting on a fan forum...oh wait.

Chef Zambini
05-03-2013, 01:52 PM
http://youtu.be/VIVfD0ZA6jE

Zachary "SUNSHINE" Dysert.first guy I thought of was sunshine, who did have some JFE in his composite.

Chef Zambini
05-03-2013, 01:58 PM
You've got to remember that this is someone who thinks Osweiler didn't play in the fourth preseason game last year...
he played in the second half, threw 6 passes, 1 intercepted, 3 completed, 2 of the 3 completions travellled less than 7 yards in the air, those passes ATER the INT.
yes that was a marvelous sample size and we should all be thinking, wow, look at the future, his entire first camp and pre-season complete, and look at the tremendous results from our heir apparent.
back home in AZ. BTW playing in front of 40k ASU fans.
the forshadowing of future lombardis was almost overwhelming.

Chef Zambini
05-03-2013, 02:03 PM
He looks like a far less talented version of Jake Plummer to be honest...jake was a gammer, always better on the run.
But the poster child for the double edged sword, a damocles version, just waiting for it to fall.

MOtorboat
05-03-2013, 02:12 PM
he played in the second half, threw 6 passes, 1 intercepted, 3 completed, 2 of the 3 completions travellled less than 7 yards in the air, those passes ATER the INT.
yes that was a marvelous sample size and we should all be thinking, wow, look at the future, his entire first camp and pre-season complete, and look at the tremendous results from our heir apparent.
back home in AZ. BTW playing in front of 40k ASU fans.
the forshadowing of future lombardis was almost overwhelming.

:fart:

I'm glad you don't make decisions...

Manning, in his first four starts in the REGULAR SEASON threw 13 interceptions.

Lancane
05-03-2013, 03:46 PM
jake was a gammer, always better on the run.
But the poster child for the double edged sword, a damocles version, just waiting for it to fall.

Jake was a read-option quarterback without the option, his mobility was a much a curse in the WC Offense as it was a blessing. I don't give a damn if he was a gamer, so was Orton and Tebow.

:Barf:

broncohead
05-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Coaches see Oz a few hours a day in film and on the field. So if they pronounce him the QBOF then so be it. I trust their judgement. Like i've said before nothing has to be proven to the fans for the FO to make a decision.

Superchop 7
05-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Dude, I just threw a bunch of first round busts in your face......

I guess you would blame the team in that instance, it could never have been the fault of a scout.

Scouts are so damn perfect that there will NEVER be a UDFA on a team at "any" position.....

Superchop 7
05-03-2013, 06:05 PM
http://youtu.be/ybeke7_d1zE

Lancane
05-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Dude, I just threw a bunch of first round busts in your face......

I guess you would blame the team in that instance, it could never have been the fault of a scout.

Scouts are so damn perfect that there will NEVER be a UDFA on a team at "any" position.....

How many successes can you name in the past two decades, where quarterbacks drafted after the 3rd Round or not drafted at all went on to be not only legitimate but successful franchise quarterbacks? Tom Brady, Warren Moon and Tony Romo? You can throw in Hasselbeck, Werner and Brunell, but it could be argued if they were franchise quarterbacks or simply above average journeymen.

Now list the number of modern day first and second round quarterbacks to be successful?

That is why your argument is lame and fruitless.

And no one is saying scouts are flawless, but when you consider the massive scope of which you're talking...close to near a dozen scouts to a team, the twenty or so hired by the league, those who work for the three major agencies not to mention the draftniks like Mayock and Kuper, and all of them missed on this one great prospect? In a year with one of the weakest classes at the position, in which he couldn't even push into day two of the draft or let alone day one? Pimp the kid all you want Chop, I've seen Osweiler in action and he reminds me of a stronger armed version of Roethlisberger, Dysert reminds me of a less accurate Jake Plummer, and that is being nice.

TXBRONC
05-03-2013, 07:52 PM
You have a problem with Denver drafting a QB in the second round, ultimately winning the backup job after starting 3rd string and then beating out Hanie in practice as the season goes to get the backup job, but not beating out Peyton Manning, so instead of becoming the starter he remained the backup?

And now your willing to just annoint Zac Dysert the 3rd string QB, with no toher QB to challenge him in camp, after how Denver denver drafted him, and is now coddling him to be the 3rd QB with no competition?

Wow.

His hypocrisy has no bounds.

Superchop 7
05-03-2013, 10:04 PM
History has shown us.......that scouts get GM's fired.

This kid is a kid that has my attention.

The day that this kid can not walk into a game, walk tall.....let me know.

Gamer from hell.

Lancane
05-03-2013, 11:12 PM
History has shown us.......that scouts get GM's fired.

This kid is a kid that has my attention.

The day that this kid can not walk into a game, walk tall.....let me know.

Gamer from hell.

History has shown us that General Managers get fired for being piss poor General Managers and not knowing the position for which they were hired. I love the irony of your argument, because you'd argue this lunacy even though you don't have a pot to piss in that doesn't leak.

"This kid is a kid that has my attention"... Um, who the hell are you? Are you a General Manager or other entitled executive, a Manager of a Sports Agency, a Multi-Millionaire Draftnik, Executive of Nike or another major sport clothing brand company, a coach, a coordinator maybe? If not, then your simply a fan on a fan forum, one who has made outlandish comments left and right and is hard to take serious because of that at times.

As I said, Tebow was considered a Gamer, as was Jake Plummer and Kyle Orton...now tell me which one has had a HOF career? Tebow can't find a job, Plummer couldn't hack it with a FQBOF behind him and quit, even Orton melted down and became that journeyman backup I took him for. People don't want Gamers, they want Generals because Gamers take unnecessary risks and cost ball games. I'd take Manning educated Osweiler over RGIII, Wilson, Newton, Manuel, Kaepernick or any other quarterback of such ilk.

Simple Jaded
05-04-2013, 02:57 AM
I'll take Jake Plummer as a 3rd string QB.

Joel
05-04-2013, 05:13 AM
How many successes can you name in the past two decades, where quarterbacks drafted after the 3rd Round or not drafted at all went on to be not only legitimate but successful franchise quarterbacks? Tom Brady, Warren Moon and Tony Romo? You can throw in Hasselbeck, Werner and Brunell, but it could be argued if they were franchise quarterbacks or simply above average journeymen.

Now list the number of modern day first and second round quarterbacks to be successful?

That is why your argument is lame and fruitless.

And no one is saying scouts are flawless, but when you consider the massive scope of which you're talking...close to near a dozen scouts to a team, the twenty or so hired by the league, those who work for the three major agencies not to mention the draftniks like Mayock and Kuper, and all of them missed on this one great prospect? In a year with one of the weakest classes at the position, in which he couldn't even push into day two of the draft or let alone day one? Pimp the kid all you want Chop, I've seen Osweiler in action and he reminds me of a stronger armed version of Roethlisberger, Dysert reminds me of a less accurate Jake Plummer, and that is being nice.
Bleacher Report had an article on this a month ago. People can bash the source if they like, but the stats are the stats, and they aren't good for late round QBs: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1591029-a-guide-to-drafting-a-franchise-quarterback
The majority of starters are first rounders, most went before the second and after the third we're talking about Brady, Flynn and Romo.

The lesson seems to be there's a good chance a first round QB will be a bust, but after the 4th round it's just this side of guaranteed. There will always be a handful of anomalous exceptions, but that's all they are. The chance scouts from 32 NFL teams pass over a Pro Bowl QB, not once, but SEVERAL times, is small. It's interesting that the #2 and #22 picks are about equally likely to be great, but #202 is almost hopeless.

Here's hoping Dysert beats the odds, but they favor Osweiler (at least relative to Dysert.)

Simple Jaded
05-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Whatta difference a year makes, little over a year ago the Broncos had far more concerns about their starting QB than they do this year about their 3rd string QB. In six looooooong years they went from having a franchise QB with a terminal case of redass to having an MVP candidate and two developmental prospects.

It could be far, far worse yet you'd think the QB position were their biggest question mark.

Chef Zambini
05-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Whatta difference a year makes, little over a year ago the Broncos had far more concerns about their starting QB than they do this year about their 3rd string QB. In six looooooong years they went from having a franchise QB with a terminal case of redass to having an MVP candidate and two developmental prospects.

It could be far, far worse yet you'd think the QB position were their biggest question mark.its abouit windows.
PFM has a huge panoramic window, but its only going to be open the next 2-3 years, TOPS.
It would be short-sighted to not prepare for the here-after.
P.M.
post manning.
and it would be unprofessional not to allow the spirit of competition to determine that next team starting QB.
Os, a year under his belt, his higher draft value, the testimonial of JFE himself;
Os should have no problem demonstrating his superiority to a last rounder, BVP wanna-be.

Superchop 7
05-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Good time to bring back this thread.