PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Thread 9/3/09: the Cardinals @ Broncos

Pages : [1] 2

Lonestar
09-02-2009, 10:02 PM
A Closer Look: Broncos vs. Cardinals

By Gray Caldwell
DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Months of work all comes down to this -- the final contest of the preseason.

On Thursday, the Broncos take on the Arizona Cardinals. On Saturday, the NFL mandates that all teams trim their rosters down to 53 players who will head into the regular season as members of the team. Therein lies the magnitude.

"This is probably the most important game, especially having a new coach and a new offense and new defense," Brandon Lloyd said. "Just to kind of polish everything up going into the season. It's just a big game for guys earning spots and young guys trying to prove that they can play in this league."

For close to two dozen players, Thursday is their final audition to try to make the squad.

Head Coach Josh McDaniels said that in some circumstances, the way some players perform against Arizona will play a role in determining if they have a spot on the team.

"Everything that they are doing on the field tomorrow, we have a purpose for it for them to be out there, and they are going to play like they have a purpose," McDaniels said.

For some of the younger players, however, putting extra emphasis on this game could hinder their performance, so it's best to play loose and lay it all on the line.

"It's very important, but I won't put the extra pressure on myself because it's still fun and games," undrafted free agent Lee Robinson said. "So I'll just go out and play hard, because it's out of my hands."

And the team itself has goals for the final game.

"I know for us as an offense I think consistency is one thing that we definitely want to show, and (we) want to be able to get out into a groove while we are out on the field instead of having it kind of be sporadic as it has been the past few preseason games," said Darius Walker, who leads the team in rushing during the preseason.

The offense, defense and special teams all have certain things to focus on heading into the contest.

"Coach McDaniels has been stressing that after this one it will be for real," Robert Ayers said. "So we try to come out here and play well this Thursday and build some chemistry out there. Then come Cincy we'll all be on the same page and learn how to do things together."

And though plenty of the focus is internal, there's still an opponent out there on the field.

"We certainly are doing things that just apply to us, and then we certainly worked quite a little bit on Arizona," McDaniels said. "You have got to get ready for a game."

And the game isn't against just any foe -- the Cardinals are a team that was, as Ayers put it, "one play away from being Super Bowl champs."

The offense is, in a word, potent.

Kurt Warner is back, looking for a repeat of his 4,500-plus yard, 30-touchdown performance of a year ago. Larry Fitzgerald made his case last season to be considered as one of the best receivers in the league, and Anquan Boldin and Steve Breaston help fortify that passing attack. The addition of rookie running Beanie Wells just adds another dimension to the offense.

There's no telling how long any of those players will actually see the field in the final preseason game, but Ayers said the Cardinals present plenty of challenges, regardless.

"They went to the Super Bowl last year -- that speaks for itself," he said. "They're very explosive, they've got a great quarterback in Kurt Warner, great receivers, good offensive line, good running backs. Defensively they're good, special teams-wise they're good, so they're a big challenge for us and hopefully we can come out and get a W this week."

Both teams will be looking for the "W" this week, as neither team has managed a win thus far in the preseason.

"Everybody wants to win, regardless of if it's preseason, scrimmages," Walker said. "I don't care if we are playing rock-paper-scissors -- we want to win. I think that both teams are going to be gunning for that."

The records don't matter, but for the Broncos still trying to make an impression to make the team and the players who are comfortably nestled in the final 53 alike, finishing out strong would be the ideal finale heading to the Week 1 contest in Cincinnati.

"The last preseason game really is your last statement that you make before going into the season," Walker said. "I think it is always great to go out on a positive manner."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9309

IHSD
09-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Hey guys. I'll have the links to the game for the people who can't watch it on TV HERE (http://watchthedenverbroncos.wordpress.com/)

Tned
09-03-2009, 12:33 AM
First game that hasn't been live on NFLN or NBC.

frauschieze
09-03-2009, 06:31 AM
First game that hasn't been live on NFLN or NBC.

Stupid Raiders and Seahawks! Bastages!

Jaws
09-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Ooh,it's gameday again. All go these days! Can't keep up with everything lol.

I feel a win is on the Cards (yeah, crap pun I know, but what do you expect after a shark stays up half the night on consecutive evenings for live drafting)

This game is making me crazy !

honz
09-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Today marks the beginning of Tom Brandstarter's HOF career.

NameUsedBefore
09-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Go go Tom Bra-.

Elevation inc
09-03-2009, 11:53 AM
tom brandy= tom brady see the correlation.....close enough...i mean screw it what other glimmer of hope do we have at QB...its not like many of us want to get behind a right handed thrower who dinks and dunks but prefers left handed hail marys from the 3 yard line......oh but wait that was just the system....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEM
09-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Here's your place to talk as negatively as you like about the Broncos. There will be enforcement of the normal COC, so don't use this as an outlet to personally attack each other. Along the same lines, if you don't want to read negative things about the Broncos, this is not the place for you.

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Here's your place to talk as negatively as you like about the Broncos. There will be enforcement of the normal COC, so don't use this as an outlet to personally attack each other. Along the same lines, if you don't want to read negative things about the Broncos, this is not the place for you.

How about we call them honest non-homer orange glass wearing takes...you know just to be politically correct ;)

Ayers = Bust

There I said it

claymore
09-03-2009, 12:54 PM
I hope we sdcore a td on the first posesion of the game.

Gamechanger
09-03-2009, 12:55 PM
ut ohhh

claymore
09-03-2009, 12:56 PM
How about we call them honest non-homer orange glass wearing takes...you know just to be politically correct ;)

Ayers = Bust

There I said it

Hopefully they will argue civially this week. Those scallywags.

GEM
09-03-2009, 12:56 PM
I hope we sdcore a td on the first posesion of the game.

Oh for Crimeney's sake Clay...you posted a positive in the negative. :yardog:

:laugh:

MOtorboat
09-03-2009, 12:58 PM

I told you he's lost it.

claymore
09-03-2009, 12:58 PM

People would have construed that as negative cause WE WILL score a TD. :D

yardog
09-03-2009, 12:59 PM

Thanks Gem with my frame of mind toward the Broncos front office I should fit in here just fine. :tsk:

powderaddict
09-03-2009, 01:00 PM

This thread sucks :P

claymore
09-03-2009, 01:02 PM

This thread sucks :P

I think thats a positve in the negative thread. :ban:

Lonestar
since there appears to be a new positive only game day thread please post there..

Requiem / The Dagda
Just curious, if people post positive things about the Broncos in this thread, will they receive the same "reprimands and consulting" as alluded to by those who post negative things in the positive only thread? I only point this out to make sure there isn't a double standard, and moreover to expose the idea of "positive" and "negative" only threads as dumb shit.

powderaddict
09-03-2009, 01:03 PM
I think thats a positve in the negative thread. :ban:

Oh crap :eek:

broncogirl7
09-03-2009, 01:07 PM
What are you doing McDaniels? Are you happy that because of your decisions you will make us a < 50% team? Damn you!

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I hope SPencer Larsen breaks his Foot!

claymore
09-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Just curious, if people post positive things about the Broncos in this thread, will they receive the same "reprimands and consulting" as alluded to by those who post negative things in the positive only thread? I only point this out to make sure there isn't a double standard, and moreover to expose the idea of "positive" and "negative" only threads as dumb shit.

I just want a personal attack free place to be able to say negative stuff.

yardog
09-03-2009, 01:09 PM
I hope SPencer Larsen breaks his Foot!

:tsk:

claymore
I hope we lose a bunch of games this year so JMCD's system can begin to work!

BroncoWave

Agreed, I think this idea is kinda retarded. Having 2 game threads will be way to confusing. I really hope this is only a one week trial run and it gets dumped before the regular season.

By doing this, the mods are putting WAY to much extra unnecessary work on their plates by having to keep the 2 threads in line. I never saw a problem with one game thread and I fail to see why this was even considered.

jrelway
09-03-2009, 01:10 PM
i hope we lose all our games this year so we can draft a qb.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Anybody want to place bets on the players likely to be injured? I got 20 bucks saying Dick Quinn pulls a groin. LOLS GET IT?

BroncoWave
09-03-2009, 01:11 PM
i hope we lose all our games this year so we can draft a qb.

You mean so the Seahawks can draft a QB?

yardog
I hope we lose a bunch of games this year so JMCD's system can begin to work!

How will this help Clay? We traded away the damn top 5 pick we will get for a nickle back.

BroncoWave
Anybody want to place bets on the players likely to be injured? I got 20 bucks saying Dick Quinn pulls a groin. LOLS GET IT?

http://www.icanhasforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/star-wars-anonymous-rebel-pilot-sees-what-u-did-there.jpg

frauschieze
09-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Agreed, I think this idea is kinda retarded. Having 2 game threads will be way to confusing. I really hope this is only a one week trial run and it gets dumped before the regular season.

By doing this, the mods are putting WAY to much extra unnecessary work on their plates by having to keep the 2 threads in line. I never saw a problem with one game thread and I fail to see why this was even considered.

Because you don't know the behind the scenes shit I had to deal with last game because of escalating problems with people who want to doom and gloom and people who want sunshine and rainbows. The HOPE is that having a separate positive thread would allow those who want to be happy, to be happy. The negative only is crap, IMO, but here it is.

We'll try it and see what happens. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but you had your chance to talk about it in Town Hall.

Thnikkaman
http://www.icanhasforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/star-wars-anonymous-rebel-pilot-sees-what-u-did-there.jpg

Cue Sneakers.

Dortoh
I still say this current mess can be traced back to when Bowlen convinced us all that Blue is prodominatly Orange.

broncogirl7
09-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Hoodie-negative

MOtorboat
Beanie Wells blows.

Fan in Exile
Our team has way too many electrons, it really pisses me off.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 01:17 PM
This is what happens when your team is ran by a damn drunk. Thanks for nothin' Bowlen. You fox-skin, stunna shade wearing turdball.

yardog
09-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Because you don't know the behind the scenes shit I had to deal with last game because of escalating problems with people who want to doom and gloom and people who want sunshine and rainbows. The HOPE is that having a separate positive thread would allow those who want to be happy, to be happy. The negative only is crap, IMO, but here it is.

We'll try it and see what happens. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but you had your chance to talk about it in Town Hall.

Frau is it negative only crap or reality as we see it?

broncogirl7
09-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Bowlen's fur coats really tick me off! I am glad it's summer and he can't wear them yet.

claymore
09-03-2009, 01:20 PM

I think the idea of the positive one is for some of the members that have great big hearts, and Orange colored glasses no matter what.

Gamechanger
09-03-2009, 01:23 PM
I heard Brandon Marshall was gonna be traded for a pack of Pampers, you know how Bowlen baby's up McDaniels

nbenallo33
09-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Bowlen's fur coats really tick me off! I am glad it's summer and he can't wear them yet.

mcdaniels hoodies will piss me off if he decides to cut them like billicheck

honz
09-03-2009, 01:28 PM
OMG the Broncos are teh sucks so bad!

frauschieze
09-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Frau is it negative only crap or reality as we see it?

The problem is not people posting their negative views of the team/McD/Bowlen/Marshall/Nolan/play calling/whatever.

The problem has become when people get defensive about their views. That happens on both sides of the aisle: McD supporters/detractors, etc. People are disrespectful and rude in their debates, and no one wants to listen or admit the other side has a right to their opinion, but insists the other side doesn't know what the hell they are talking about, personal attacks start flying and entire threads become cesspools.

The idea of a positive only thread or forum is for people who really don't fall into either of those categories. I'll use myself as an example. My views on where this team is going and McD line up pretty closely with yours, Yard, from what I can tell. But when I watch the Broncos play football, I still want to be excited about my team. So while I think we're going to be an utter failure, I want to try to look for what good might be there. I am severely affected by negativity and I don't want a game to ruin my week. As another poster mentioned, it's my tailgate party. I just want enjoy what I can out of the team I love. Reading people's vitriol spewing everywhere for 4 hours or more is not my idea of a good time. A positive thread is a safe harbor.

honz
09-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Mike Leach sucks.

frauschieze
09-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Mike Leach sucks.

This hurts me more than you can imagine today.

There is a Mike Leach autographed football being dangled just out of my reach. Completely serious.

I'm gonna cheer for him today. It's the battle of the long snappers as far as I'm concerned.

T.K.O.
09-03-2009, 01:37 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38453

oooops....my bad that was a positive thread...uhhhh,were gonna lose !
there hows that?:mad:

Watchthemiddle
09-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Here's something negative, I have become a fan of twitter. I would much rather prefer to get my bronco news and rumors on twitter than the forums. And then I discuss the news or rumor with my 4 year old. She can hold a better football related conversation and has more common sense than some of you on here.

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Here's something negative, I have become a fan of twitter. I would much rather prefer to get my bronco news and rumors on twitter than the forums. And then I discuss the news or rumor with my 4 year old. She can hold a better football related conversation and has more common sense than some of you on here.

Well are you all peaches and cream.

frauschieze
09-03-2009, 01:51 PM

This is not an insult the intelligence of board posters thread.

Can it.

LTC Pain
Someone mentioned Ayers. He's been invisible in the first three pre-season games. Pick it up Robert!

honz
Here is something negative...I am going to miss the opening weekend of the NFL and the 1st Broncos game as I am going on a fishing trip with the Pops up in Yellowstone. I actually cried about it last night as I am so conflicted.

honz
09-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Someone mentioned Ayers. He's been invisible in the first three pre-season games. Pick it up Robert!

Ayers is a bust. Someone else told me so at the beginning of the thread. I believe him.

Buff
09-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Here is something negative...I am going to miss the opening weekend of the NFL and the 1st Broncos game as I am going on a fishing trip with the Pops up in Yellowstone. I actually cried about it last night as I am so conflicted.

Dude, I have to leave for Italy on Tuesday and am going to miss the Buffs national TV game on Friday and the Broncos opener on Sunday...

I'm distraught.

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 01:53 PM

I piss my buddys off every year the first 2 games as I leave hunting camp to go watch the games. Of course its only like an hour away but I aint listening to the game on shity am radio

nbenallo33
09-03-2009, 01:54 PM
no Moss is a bust

broncogirl7
09-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Dude, I have to leave for Italy on Tuesday and am going to miss the Buffs national TV game on Friday and the Broncos opener on Sunday...

I'm distraught.

I am jealous that you are going to Italy! :mad::beer:Have a great time and I am sure you won't be missing anything.

nbenallo33
09-03-2009, 01:56 PM
damn i want to go to italy i will go for you and you can watch your games! :cool:

frauschieze
09-03-2009, 01:56 PM

I'm distraught.

"Oh...I have to go to Italy......" :rolleyes:

Life's rough. :D

Elevation inc
09-03-2009, 02:00 PM
where in italy buff???, i live about 40 minutes north of venice.....

Elevation inc
09-03-2009, 02:01 PM
oh and since this is the negative thread go brandy....kyle orton sucks.....

T.K.O.
09-03-2009, 02:01 PM

maybe you just have a very short attention span ?

just a joke.....but that is kinda rude.
tweets are for kids...:laugh:

pnbronco
09-03-2009, 02:03 PM
I'll be driving back from WI and will miss the 1st game. The I'll miss the 2nd game when I'll be driving back from San Diego. So 4000 miles in 2 weeks and 2 missed games.

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Ayers < Moss

honz
09-03-2009, 02:06 PM
I'll be driving back from WI and will miss the 1st game. The I'll miss the 2nd game when I'll be driving back from San Diego. So 4000 miles in 2 weeks and 2 missed games.
Do you at least have Satellite Radio???

claymore
09-03-2009, 02:07 PM

HEY! What the hell you doin in here!!!!!!

Elevation inc
09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Buff it aint to bad i will be watching the buffs game at 3 am saturday morning learn to love it baby....

frauschieze
09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
HEY! What the hell you doin in here!!!!!!

LMMFAO!

HEY! What the hell you doin' saying funny shit in here!!!!!!!

Buff
09-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Buff it aint to bad i will be watching the buffs game at 3 am saturday morning learn to love it baby....

Dude, I would gladly stay up to watch it, I just won't know where to find it on TV.

Buff
09-03-2009, 02:12 PM

Bologna... Florence for a night.

claymore
09-03-2009, 02:15 PM
LMMFAO!

HEY! What the hell you doin' saying funny shit in here!!!!!!!

It was an accident! :shocked:

NameUsedBefore
09-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm boiling a tea pot. I got it timed for Tom Bra-'s first pass.

T.K.O.
09-03-2009, 02:38 PM
every time i look at the broncos schedule it looks more brutal....whats up with that ?;)

T.K.O.
09-03-2009, 02:47 PM

i had a dream when i was about 10 years old that i was in some huge outdoor market place (plaza) in veniceit was one of those "real " dreams where i could smell the salt air ,feel the breeze etc...
i lived there and knew what was around the corners and stuff.
i even knew some of the people...it was one of only a few dreams i had as a child that i can still remember clearly today,and it had a strange impact on me.
well , ever since i have always wanted to go to venice but never have.
my great grandfather came from italy in the early 1900's and became a brick layer in san francisco.(maybe after the fire)
anyway i still have a strange feeling maybe i lived their in a former life or something weird like that because that dream has kinda haunted me for 35 years...and i definately plan to go someday soon.
hopefully when the housing market gets better and i can sell one of my stupid "investment ?" properties.:D

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Dude, I would gladly stay up to watch it, I just won't know where to find it on TV.

Sunday at 5:00 PM MST - FSN

Medford Bronco
09-03-2009, 02:56 PM
This team is a disaster and for the first time in 25 years or so, I am not looking forward
to the season as I think we suck royally. Thanks Jay and Josh, you both suck to me. Equal fault with Marshall being a baby as well.

Thank God for hockey and baseball where my teams are not a train wreck.

GEM
09-03-2009, 03:10 PM
This team is a disaster and for the first time in 25 years or so, I am not looking forward
to the season as I think we suck royally. Thanks Jay and Josh, you both suck to me. Equal fault with Marshall being a baby as well.

Thank God for hockey and baseball where my teams are not a train wreck.

Hang on a second...your baseball team did let a 13.5 game advantage go. Then they swept the Rockies. :lol:

Medford Bronco
09-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Hang on a second...your baseball team did let a 13.5 game advantage go. Then they swept the Rockies. :lol:

At least they are going to most likely make the playoffs, unlike some train wreck of a team that lost their crybaby QB and their other Crybaby WR is a sourass.

Coached by a clueless hc who traded his first round pick away in 2010 that will most likely be a top ten one :grr:

claymore
09-03-2009, 03:14 PM
At least they are going to most likely make the playoffs, unlike some train wreck of a team that lost their crybaby QB and their other Crybaby WR is a sourass.

I know this belongs in the positive thread.... But.... At least Orton isnt starting tonight!

Medford Bronco
09-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I know this belongs in the positive thread.... But.... At least Orton isnt starting tonight!

:lol:

Bring back Brian Griese :whistle:

skycoyote
09-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Bronco's win 8 plus games this year because Vegas has them winning 7 1/2. Most of us would take the under on that bet and the handicappers know that. If pro football is really run by Vegas then the Broncos should win at least 8 games so the betting faction's can take home the load of $.

GEM
09-03-2009, 03:28 PM

Coached by a clueless hc who traded his first round pick away in 2010 that will most likely be a top ten one :grr:

John, that was a little vague. Please, tell me how you REALLY feel.

:lol:

claymore
09-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Bronco's win 8 plus games this year because Vegas has them winning 7 1/2. Most of us would take the under on that bet and the handicappers know that. If pro football is really run by Vegas then the Broncos should win at least 8 games so the betting faction's can take home the load of $.

I think that was dropped to 6.5 games. Broncos are one of like 3 teams to be bumped down a full win after the Over unders were released in like 15 years. Something like that.

Buff
09-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Sunday at 5:00 PM MST - FSN

I'll be at the CU v CSU game... I was referring to the Broncos vs. Cincinatti and the TV station I could find it on in Italy. I don't suppose you have that info handy, do you? ;)

MOtorboat
09-03-2009, 03:50 PM
I'll be at the CU v CSU game... I was referring to the Broncos vs. Cincinatti and the TV station I could find it on in Italy. I don't suppose you have that info handy, do you? ;)

You're going to be in Italy. WTH are you thinking about television for?

Buff
09-03-2009, 03:53 PM
You're going to be in Italy. WTH are you thinking about television for?

I can't remember the last time that I missed the Broncos season opener. I don't care about TV per se, just the Broncos. I sit around for months waiting for that game.

OrangeHoof
09-03-2009, 03:55 PM

Will this be a feature throughout the regular season or only in the preseason?

Inquiring minds want to know...

sanluis
09-03-2009, 03:58 PM
You guys keep putting a negative with a positive and a positive with a negative and there is going to be some kind of bad reaction. I think for all our safety it is best to keep them separated!! :D

http://chandleytech.com/files/sections/electronics/massive_voltage/lightning_reclamation/lightning-strike-tree.jpg

:ahhhhh:

yardog
09-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Will this be a feature throughout the regular season or only in the preseason?

Inquiring minds want to know...

I'm guessing it will depend on how the team looks in the opener against Cincinnati.

OrangeHoof
09-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I haven't heard if Moreno will play but Josh is an idiot if he gets Moreno anywhere near the field tonight. Keep Knowshon and his "lower extremity injury" and save them for Week 1. Without a decent quarterback, they are going to need him then.

yardog
09-03-2009, 04:03 PM
I haven't heard if Moreno will play but Josh is an idiot if he gets Moreno anywhere near the field tonight. Keep Knowshon and his "lower extremity injury" and save them for Week 1. Without a decent quarterback, they are going to need him then.

I'm thinking this is already a given fact so I say he'll play tonight.

honz
09-03-2009, 04:12 PM
McDumbass. LOL. I'm funny.

Medford Bronco
09-03-2009, 04:17 PM

Josh is a moron :confused: isnt that an oxymoron :lol:

NameUsedBefore
09-03-2009, 04:36 PM
The over/under on the Broncos this year was retarded. If I wasn't a Broncos fan I'd jump on that shit in a heartbeat but I have a few qualms about betting against Denver.

Tned-Mobile
09-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Ok, this has been merged in with the regular game day thread. We will have the normal gameday thread, and the "Positive Only" gameday thread. As to will we do it in the future, it is unknown at this time.

Tned
09-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Crap, sorry guys. I merged the normal and 'negative' thread shortly before leaving work, not sure how I locked it.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Vic Lombardi is reporting from Invesco, and said that most of the starters will play at least the first quarter.

spikerman
09-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Vic Lombardi is reporting from Invesco, and said that most of the starters will play at least the first quarter. I think it makes sense for a team trying to find its way and learn new systems on both sides of the ball to play the starters a little longer even in the last preseason game. Let's be honest... they could use the work.

Watchthemiddle
09-03-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm so confused.

Grover
09-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm so confused.

That's Okay, so is Robert Ayers. Hopefully it will get better for both of you. :defense:

Tned
09-03-2009, 06:34 PM
I think it makes sense for a team trying to find its way and learn new systems on both sides of the ball to play the starters a little longer even in the last preseason game. Let's be honest... they could use the work.

It also give Brandstater a chance to player with starters, since it isn't completely out of the question that he might have to start game 1.

Tned
09-03-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm so confused.

The only thing to remember is this is your gameday thread, not the one labled "Positive Only" ;)

Watchthemiddle
09-03-2009, 06:36 PM
The only thing to remember is this is your gameday thread, not the one labled "Positive Only" ;)

:salute:

sneakers
09-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Game starts in just over an hour right?

Tned
09-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Will the Broncos go winless this pre-season?

spikerman
09-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Even though preseason games are typically meaningless (except for the guys playing in them), this is a team in desperate need of some confidence. A win, even a preseason win, could really help the entire team psyche.

Tned
09-03-2009, 07:43 PM
It's been a while since we have gone winless in the preseason, so it would be nice to get a win for that confidence going into week 1.

Tned
09-03-2009, 07:47 PM
McDaniels said that he thnks Orton and Simms will likely be ready for Cincy, and Schefter says that the people he has talked to in Denver are saying the same.

Also, he really doesn't think the Broncos will trade Marshall unless they get both a player that can help them this year and a draft pick, otherwise they will keep him through the year.

spikerman
09-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I'll be curious to see if Brandstater takes some shots down the field tonight. I still wonder if the frustratingly short passing game is due to McDaniels' offense or Orton's reluctance to throw it.

Nomad
09-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Just curious ( I know it's not BRONCOS related) but has anyone watched GB and seen how Raji has done so far this preseason?

Slick
09-03-2009, 08:00 PM
The online feeds seem to be trash tonight. If someone finds a good one...

Benetto
09-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know if this game is streaming online anywhere?

threefolddead
09-03-2009, 08:03 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/autoracing
pass is jonnytv

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah a feed would be great. The first one that dude posted sucked, the other was down (Channel Surfing) and the other two show the Packers vs. Titans game.

BroncoWave
09-03-2009, 08:06 PM
The stream the first dude posted is perfect for me, and that is on our shitty Tulane internet.

Benetto
I FOUND ONE!!!

Give me a sec Ill see if it works

Slick
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/autoracing
pass is jonnytv

I've tried that one for a few. I think it's racist against my south of the border ip address. Laggy as hell. Thanks though. :salute:

threefolddead
09-03-2009, 08:07 PM
http://watchthedenverbroncos.wordpress.com/ from a thread someone had made. None are great but better than nothing. Great site though.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 08:08 PM
I have the fastest internet one can and the one feed on USTREAM is lagging. Cripes.

Benetto
09-03-2009, 08:08 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/autoracing PASSWORD=jonnytv

Benetto
09-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Streaming like a champ for me

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Brandy Boy gettin' sick nasty with Chad Jackson!

Tned
09-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Damn, I'm getting sea sick watching the stream, but nice throw, catch and run.

BroncoWave
Great pass from Brandstater to Jackson!

Benetto
Whoa...Big plays

Requiem / The Dagda
BRANDSTADEROOSKIE FOR PRESIDENT AND QB!!! Lol!

Zweems56
09-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I'll take 3.

Tned
I did a CTRL-F5 and restarted the feed and the commercial is smoother, don't know if it will hold up once the fast action starts again.

Tned
Is it me, or has the Rookie moved the team in for a score better than the starter?

Buff
09-03-2009, 08:17 PM
He didn't do much though, the 43 yard gain to Jackson was good, but it was an easy crossing route and he almost underthrew him...

I don't know if the two misses on the out routes to Jackson were overthrown or dropped by Jackson. Good start, but another red zone fail.

Benetto
09-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Special teams is doing pretty good this Pseason

NICE D on startnig drive

Benetto
09-03-2009, 08:18 PM
I cant belive fitz is playing in finale

Tned
09-03-2009, 08:18 PM
He didn't do much though, the 43 yard gain to Jackson was good, but it was an easy crossing route and he almost underthrew him...

I don't know if the two misses on the out routes to Jackson were overthrown or dropped by Jackson. Good start, but another red zone fail.

At least it wasn't a red zone TO.

Tned
09-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Someone on the Mane was making the case that we are playing a 5-2, not a 3-4, what do you guys think?

Benetto
Thats why hes the best WR i nthe league

LRtagger
this stream sucks ass

Buff
09-03-2009, 08:20 PM
At least it wasn't a red zone TO.

And he made all the throws with his right arm...

Baby steps.

Requiem / The Dagda
Jack Williams ate shit there. Can't believe Smith got to him.

Requiem / The Dagda
Someone on the Mane was making the case that we are playing a 5-2, not a 3-4, what do you guys think?

Mediator usually knows what he is talking about.

Zweems56
09-03-2009, 08:21 PM
I'll tell ya... Our defense looks all world untilsomeone catches a ball...

LRtagger

Thats what Woody said after the first preseason game...but any team playing a 3-4 will rush at least ONE lb on nearly every play....would you call them all 4-3's? We have 3 DL and 4 LB so we are a 3-4...if we had 5 DL and 2 LB it would be a 5-2 IMO

Tned
this stream sucks ass

Yea, looking forward to NFLST starting week 2.

Benetto
09-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Its better than espn gametracker if you ask me

Tned
09-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Thats what Woody said after the first preseason game...but any team playing a 3-4 will rush at least ONE lb on nearly every play....would you call them all 4-3's? We have 3 DL and 4 LB so we are a 4-3...if we had 5 DL and 2 LB it would be a 5-2 IMO

The guy on the Mane was making the case based on the fact those to OLB's are really DL's.

LRtagger
09-03-2009, 08:23 PM
The guy on the Mane was making the case based on the fact those to OLB's are really DL's.

Oh yea i could see that...Woody was saying it because we rushed 2 LBs on nearly every play.

Buff
09-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Let it go young fella.

Watchthemiddle
09-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Our run Defense > than last years run Defense

BroncoWave
09-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Let it go young fella.

So they can down it at the 1?

LRtagger
09-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Do we usually not paint the endzone or is that a new thing for this year? Seems to me we always had something in the endzone.

Benetto
I am hoping JustinTV will start a stream after the eggles game

Requiem / The Dagda
Chad Jackson isn't your only read, Tom.

Slick
09-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Stream smoothed out for me. I'm going to try to hang in there a quarter or two.

:beer: Salud!

Watchthemiddle
Just a little mobility

LRtagger
Let it go young fella.

the new rule for the returners is catch anything inside the 10...at least that is what they were saying during camp

Watchthemiddle
09-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Chad Jackson isn't your only read, Tom.

Thats what happens though when you have 2nd stingers in there. They throw to who they are comfortable with and have practiced with.

claymore
WOW, great ST's.

Zweems56
Well thats a solid punt... both by kern and by coverage.

Requiem / The Dagda
Bruton did a wonderful job. That's why we got him!

Watchthemiddle
09-03-2009, 08:30 PM
That looked like a CHamp play

LRtagger
Jmfwftw

Zweems56
Jack motha fukkin williams!

Requiem / The Dagda
Jack Mother****in Williams!!

Benetto
stream quit on me....I reloaded page and its blank now...Any suggestions?

Ziggy
ST's look like they are going to be much improved this season. That'll be a nice change.

Tned
Oh yea i could see that...Woody was saying it because we rushed 2 LBs on nearly every play.

Yea, the guy was making the case that you could look at it based on what they are 'called' or what their natural position is. Since they are really DE's and playing mostly on the line, he makes the case it is a 5-2, with the DE's just dropping back on zone blitzes.

Watchthemiddle
ST's look like they are going to be much improved this season. That'll be a nice change.

Unless we play Chicago

claymore
Hell yeah// 2 good defensive plays in a row.

LRtagger
09-03-2009, 08:31 PM
D looks great tonight...not used to seeing intensity on a Broncos D

Tned

refresh again, it's working for me and the number of viewers is increasing, so people are getting in.

Requiem / The Dagda
Still amazed how solid our defense has looked with all these goobers on the defensive line.

Watchthemiddle
Hell yeah// 2 good defensive plays in a row.

I can't tell you the last time I saw one of our D lineman bat down a ball. Good sign

Slick
09-03-2009, 08:32 PM
3 and out is always nice to hear.

Watchthemiddle
Still amazed how solid our defense has looked with all these goobers on the defensive line.

Now we just need to mix in a turnover or two

claymore
Happened to me, I closed out, and re-entered, and no issues thus far.

Zweems56

Don't reload the page. Close out, and retype the url into a new tab. I had the same thing happen when I refreshed before.

Ziggy
09-03-2009, 08:33 PM
It's fun to watch a Bronco D that is aggressive out of choice, and not pure desperation.

claymore
09-03-2009, 08:33 PM
I can't tell you the last time I saw one of our D lineman bat down a ball. Good sign

Lookin good, I am impressed.

Zweems56
09-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Mother ****** changed the channel!?

Slick
09-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Unless we play Chicago

Hester makes a lot of ST's look bad. From the one game and half a quarter I've seen they look better and so does the defense. It isn't saying much considering how bad they both were last year, but it's a start.

Ziggy
09-03-2009, 08:35 PM
I like Walker over Jordan for the final roster.

LRtagger
Did he seriously change it to the local news WTF

Requiem / The Dagda
LMAO at what is on the news channel. LOL!!!

broncohead
09-03-2009, 08:36 PM

ya wth

claymore

So, are we watching the news together, or is this going away?

Zweems56
Well... while we're not watching, it looks like BrandSTARTER islooking good.

roomemp

WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

threefolddead
Haha this is so lame. Football>news.

Zweems56
So, are we watching the news together, or is this going away?

I'll watch the news with you anyday, sugar tits. May I rest my head on your moobs?

roomemp
09-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Well... while we're not watching, it looks like BrandSTARTER islooking good.

I am impressed with his decision making so far

Slick
Local news in the US is just as depressing as it was 2 and a half years ago.

Ziggy
sweet catch by Lloyd!

claymore
09-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I'll watch the news with you anyday, sugar tits. May I rest my head on your moobs?

Do you still have the Ram? The answer depends on what base you get too. :eyebrows:

broncohead
anyone have another stream?

Zweems56
THERE HE GOES! Fargin idiot.

Zweems56
09-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Do you still have the Ram? The answer depends on what base you get too. :eyebrows:

No.... I have a durango! Family vehicle? We can adopt.

LRtagger
TD Walker

Zweems56
STREAM IS BACK UP. Score. Brandstarter just threw a 30 yard pass to the 1 to Lloyd.

NameUsedBefore
Tom Bra- for starter.

topscribe
09-03-2009, 08:40 PM
sweet catch by Lloyd!

I missed that and the entire drive. :sad:

-----

BroncoWave
Too bad none of us got to see that awesome TD drive Brandy led us on.

claymore
No.... I have a durango! Family vehicle? We can adopt.

Fug that, lets put down the seats and 1969.

claymore

We will tonight at 1 AM!

LRtagger
09-03-2009, 08:41 PM
This is the type of offensive playcalling I expect during the season. Not shotgun only. We will be fine.

Tned

Bet it was his wife. Any of you have one of those? You know how it is. :lol:

Watchthemiddle
OUr 2nd string > than the cards 2nd string

Zweems56
09-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Fug that, lets put down the seats and 1969.

They go down. I can fit an air mattress back there.

Tned
It's on NFLN at midnight CDT

Rusty Shackleford

I did! :cool:

LRtagger
Bruton has to pick that MFer

BroncoWave
We will tonight at 1 AM!

Tulane cable doesn't get NFLN unfortunately so I won't be able to.

Buff
09-03-2009, 08:43 PM
So they can down it at the 1?

I'll take my chances on any ball inside the 9.

EMB6903
09-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Man lloyd has some of the best hands I've ever seen...

Buff
09-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Lloyd>Jackson so far this preseason.

OrangeHoof
Brandstater is turning about to be the best pick McDaniels made this draft.

Tned
Man lloyd has some of the best hands I've ever seen...

That sounded kind of wrong.... ;)

Zweems56
09-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Picked!

LRtagger
YEA FIRST INT!!!!!!

hahahah darrell reid

Slick
Nice!!!

BroncoWave
I'll take my chances on any ball inside the 9.

The cards had 2 guys right there who could have downed the ball right when it hit the ground.

ikillz0mbies
09-03-2009, 08:46 PM
big boy with the int!

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 08:46 PM
I like when i see a big boiiiiiii get his big hands on that ball boooooooi.

Watchthemiddle
09-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Cuts are going to be tough

LRtagger
09-03-2009, 08:47 PM
nice 3rd down conversion

Zweems56
09-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Ooh baby, gimme some Brandstater.

EMB6903
Lloyd>Jackson so far this preseason.

I agree... I like him over gaffney as well

Watchthemiddle
The kid is showing some poise....and the line is protecting well. I like what I have seen with the RB's picking up the blitz as well

LRtagger
09-03-2009, 08:49 PM
OK so maybe I was wrong and Brandy is ready to start LOLOLOLOL

TXBRONC
09-03-2009, 08:49 PM
The stream the first dude posted is perfect for me, and that is on our shitty Tulane internet.

I sure appreciate the effort but if can get something better I sure wouldn't mind.

Tned
09-03-2009, 08:50 PM
That's our first TO of the preseason, correct?

Italianmobstr7
09-03-2009, 08:50 PM
anybody have a stream? The link I was using switched to the news and is now off completely...

Tned
09-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Orton jammed his finger, the announcer says? The friggin bone sliced through his flesh. Jammed finger!!

EMB6903
Go for it

Tned
anybody have a stream? The link I was using switched to the news and is now off completely...

it went back to the game after the news. Go back to that link.

Benetto
09-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Is brand okay after that hit?

claymore
That was a TD if it wasnt for the OBVIOUS PASS INTERFERENCE!

LRtagger
he seems fine...the DB got up holding his vagina though

Zweems56
13-0 at, essentially, the end of the 1st? I'll take it.

Watchthemiddle

It looks like it. The guy hitting him was slow to get up...:laugh:

drewloc
09-03-2009, 08:53 PM

Announcer said Brand got up before the Defensive player! :laugh:

Zweems56
he seems fine...the db got up holding his vagina though

bwahahahahaha!

shank

the safety was the one who was slow to get up!

claymore

Yes. I hope so. The LB looked worse.

Watchthemiddle
maybe its just the 2nd string, but everyone seems a lot more relaxed tonight. Last weeks game was high tension and I am glad we had that in the preseason.

Zweems56
09-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Yes. I hope so. The LB looked worse.

Yeah. 22 is almost a LB's number.

shank
09-03-2009, 08:54 PM
cbs's presentation is sloppy tonight. they had the wron pictures int he lineup intros and it says it's still the first quarter... plus reggie didn't know that darrell reid is an OLB. sheesh

LRtagger
09-03-2009, 08:55 PM
back on the news....what a d-bag

shank
09-03-2009, 08:55 PM
walker needs to make the team over jordan.