PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News!!! Brandon Marshall On A Plane To New York

Pages : [1] 2

getlynched47
09-02-2009, 08:54 PM
According to Mike Evans of FM 104.3 The Fan

:doh:

Stay tuned....

UPDATE: FM 104.3 the fan just said that the trade could be done as soon as tomorrow, sending Brandon Marshall to the Jets for David Harris and a 3rd round pick. Great :rolleyes:

My comment: If this is true, I'm going to be very upset. It won't be too bad if we get fair value for Marshall, but still McDaniels has proven to be a compulsive liar and untrustworthy.

Tned
09-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Darrel reid was on a plane to NY last Monday, that wasn't breaking news.

nbenallo33
09-02-2009, 08:56 PM
i hope it isnt true

frauschieze
09-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Shasta posted a while ago that Bill Devaroe said Brandon was going to NYC to go hang out with some basketball player.

Damn. Bill knows everything.

LRtagger
09-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Bill Devaroe is really Joe Ellis.

Remember when Julius Peppers was in Denver hanging with Carmelo?

nbenallo33
09-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Shasta posted a while ago that Bill Devaroe said Brandon was going to NYC to go hang out with some basketball player.

Damn. Bill knows everything.

cause bill's gangsta he knows where all the hommies hang out...
where is bill by the way???:D

Mike
09-02-2009, 09:04 PM
104.3 The Fan is talking about it just now. They said Marshall for Harris and a third.

Take it for what its worth...I mean it is the Fan after all. :rolleyes:

Tned
09-02-2009, 09:07 PM
It sounded like that came from a listener that has a friend that works for the Broncos. Couldn't tell if the 'knew' the listener or is was a random thing they read.

frauschieze
cause bill's gangsta he knows where all the hommies hang out...
where is bill by the way???:D

Devaroe is in jail for the next month.

Broncos Mtnman
They just said that a deal will be done tomorrow.

Brandon for David Harris and a 3rd round pick.

getlynched47
09-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Updated...thanks Mike I heard it too

dogfish
104.3 The Fan is talking about it just now. They said Marshall for Harris and a third.

Take it for what its worth...I mean it is the Fan after all. :rolleyes:

i'd be okay with that, at this point. . . sucks, but that's not such a bad deal. . . .

Tned
Again, that was a listener that emailed them that info.

nbenallo33
09-02-2009, 09:09 PM

i know i was kidding... was it funny?.... NO but what would you expect

Mike
09-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Just to clarify...the Fan has been known to miss big on stories.

Broncos Mtnman
09-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Again, that was a listener that emailed them that info.

Actually, Adam Schefter brought up the name of Harris and a draft pick.

Shazam!
09-02-2009, 09:10 PM
If this is true that's a terrible deal IMO.

BigDaddyBronco
09-02-2009, 09:11 PM
i'd be okay with that, at this point. . . sucks, but that's not such a bad deal. . . .
Then all we have to do next year is draft a QB, NT, and WR...

Tned
09-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Actually, Adam Schefter brought up the name of Harris and a draft pick.

On 104.3?

Right before you posted it, they said someone had emailed them.

Tned
09-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Plus, the "info" about him being on a plane to NY was a caller that said he saw him in the terminal at DIA getting on a plane to NY. Could be completely bogus.

Broncogator
09-02-2009, 09:14 PM

This is terrible news...:shocked:

nbenallo33
09-02-2009, 09:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4441274

Broncos Mtnman
09-02-2009, 09:17 PM
On 104.3?

Right before you posted it, they said someone had emailed them.

No, it was posted on ESPN.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 09:19 PM

BroncoWave
09-02-2009, 09:19 PM

Saying they "want" Harris is a long way away from saying the deal will be done tomorrow.

getlynched47
09-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Plus, the "info" about him being on a plane to NY was a caller that said he saw him in the terminal at DIA getting on a plane to NY. Could be completely bogus.

I hope it's bogus...

MOtorboat
09-02-2009, 09:26 PM
My comment: If this is true, I'm going to be very upset. It won't be too bad if we get fair value for Marshall, but still McDaniels has proven to be a compulsive liar and untrustworthy.

To the media...I could give two shits if he is coy with the media. And second off, Bowlen is where the buck stops now.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Also, Stink is talking about this on this link

The Denver Broncos would want New York Jets linebacker David Harris in any trade scenario for wide receiver Brandon Marshall, two NFL sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

There is no indication that the Jets would surrender Harris, who was fifth on the team in tackles last season despite playing only 11 games due to groin surgery. He led the Jets in tackles the previous season.

Marshall has requested a trade from the Broncos, and new coach Josh McDaniels finally suspended him this week for conduct detrimental to the team.

In any trade for Marshall, Denver would reportedly like a player who could contribute to its team this season and a draft pick that would help later on. But the Broncos aren't making any deal if they don't think it improves them now. That has left them without a viable deal. McDaniels went so far as to say that the Broncos aren't shopping their disgruntled receiver.

"There are no discussions whatsoever taking place between the Denver Broncos and any team in the National Football League regarding Brandon Marshall," McDaniels said Wednesday. "We are looking forward to having Brandon back on the sixth of September and starting our preparation for Cincinnati with him."

Adam Schefter covers the NFL for ESPN Insider.

Bill Devaroe
09-02-2009, 09:32 PM

The Denver Broncos would want New York Jets linebacker David Harris in any trade scenario for wide receiver Brandon Marshall, two NFL sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

There is no indication that the Jets would surrender Harris, who was fifth on the team in tackles last season despite playing only 11 games due to groin surgery. He led the Jets in tackles the previous season.

Marshall has requested a trade from the Broncos, and new coach Josh McDaniels finally suspended him this week for conduct detrimental to the team.

In any trade for Marshall, Denver would reportedly like a player who could contribute to its team this season and a draft pick that would help later on. But the Broncos aren't making any deal if they don't think it improves them now. That has left them without a viable deal. McDaniels went so far as to say that the Broncos aren't shopping their disgruntled receiver.

"There are no discussions whatsoever taking place between the Denver Broncos and any team in the National Football League regarding Brandon Marshall," McDaniels said Wednesday. "We are looking forward to having Brandon back on the sixth of September and starting our preparation for Cincinnati with him."

Bill Devaroe has also reported this FYI. To quote Bill "remember, the Broncos were hot for Harris in the draft where they drafted Ryan Harris" This could be the spark they need.
XOXO
Shasta

Lonestar
09-02-2009, 09:34 PM

well it is not like he needs to be in DEN till 06 SEP.. could be going to see the commish for a chit chat.. since they have not talked for several months..

could be going to see a Yankees game.. or some kosher food..

I'll believe he has been traded when I here it on Broncos.com and I think Lombardi is closer to the truth than the FAN that was embellishing just last night..

Tned
09-02-2009, 09:34 PM
This is posted on the FAN, but who know's if it was 1. at DIA and 2. isn't a photoshop job.

http://i30.tinypic.com/aay8f6.jpg

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/Channels/DMacAndOren/Story.aspx?ID=1135998

NightTrainLayne
09-02-2009, 09:38 PM
This is posted on the FAN, but who know's if it was 1. at DIA and 2. isn't a photoshop job.

http://i30.tinypic.com/aay8f6.jpg

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/Channels/DMacAndOren/Story.aspx?ID=1135998

Well. ..first off that's the Giants logo, not the Jets. . .

skycoyote
09-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Can anyone make out the tail number on the plane?

silkamilkamonico
09-02-2009, 09:39 PM
David Harris is a damn good young talented ILB, and well on his way to being one of the elite ILB's in the game.

Lonestar
09-02-2009, 09:39 PM
if it is a private jet would it not be at another local airport the landing fees at DIA are on the moon and I do not recall seeing a FBO there (general aviation)..

plus it looks like it is parked next to another small plane..

ikillz0mbies
09-02-2009, 09:40 PM
ooh. perhaps its a swerve by the media. we all think marshall is going to the jets, but really he is being traded to the giants for eli manning, brandon jacobs, justin tuck, and osi umeniyora.

Buff
09-02-2009, 09:42 PM

Marshall's probably going to meet up with Rasheeda Watley in NYC.

nbenallo33
09-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Can anyone make out the tail number on the plane?

nope they blanked it out on purpose

NightTrainLayne
09-02-2009, 09:44 PM
ooh. perhaps its a swerve by the media. we all think marshall is going to the jets, but really he is being traded to the giants for eli manning, brandon jacobs, justin tuck, and osi umeniyora.

Maybe the Jets are friendly with the Giants and can just borrow their plane any time they want. .. they share a stadium afterall. ..

skycoyote
09-02-2009, 09:45 PM
if it is a private jet would it not be at another local airport the landing fees at DIA are on the moon and I do not recall seeing a FBO there (general aviation)..

plus it looks like it is parked next to another small plane..

Ya, wouldn't ya think Centenial would be more appropriate. lol This is just B/S.

elsid13
09-02-2009, 09:54 PM
I really hope this isn't true. Harris is good young LB but Marshall is elite young player.

Shazam!
09-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Really, really pissed if this is true.

MOtorboat
09-02-2009, 09:57 PM
I really hope this isn't true. Harris is good young LB but Marshall is elite young player.

...who can't stop beating women...

Shazam!
09-02-2009, 09:58 PM
...who can't stop beating women...

I don't mind Marshall being dealt at all, it's just what they get in return.

LRtagger
09-02-2009, 09:59 PM

I would need a draft pick on top of those players for Marshall. He did go to the probowl afterall.

MOtorboat
09-02-2009, 10:00 PM
I don't mind Marshall being dealt at all, it's just what they get in return.

I don't like it at all...but his off-the-field, and NOW on-the-field issues bother me.

I hope that the Broncos say no. I hope that Rod Smith can turn him around, but if they can't, I hope we can get maximum value. Maybe this is it, I dunno, we'll just have to wait and see.

Ah, straddling the fence...I know that's not allowed here, but that's what I'm gonna do.

skycoyote
09-02-2009, 10:03 PM
That picture is bogus. That is the Giants Falcon 2000 N429SJ, but thats an old pic, cause it now has a newer paint job. http://www.pbase.com/lexyky/image/79197301
Also, you can't track it on flight tracker. So if he went to NY he probably went on United or one of the other larger carriers.
P.S. The owner is TSTC LLC, Willimington DE

TXBRONC
09-02-2009, 10:05 PM
I would need a draft pick on top of those players for Marshall. He did go to the probowl afterall.

According to rumor being reported we would also get a 3rd rounder as well.

elsid13
09-02-2009, 10:08 PM
I think the Fan = failed on this.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 10:10 PM
I think the Fan = failed on this.

ikillz0mbies
09-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I don't really mind this trade at all. I mean, if this is true, then the Broncos do get a good young player to add to a defense. It does fill a hole at the very least and a crucial one at that. I know a few people here don't like this trade but at least if this trade did come to fruition, the Broncos do receive help right away. As opposed to Marshall not even coming close to learning the playbook and his recent behavior, which doesn't help the team at all.

Having Marshall on the team with him not having any of the playbook knowledge and taking a chance that he will change his behavior doesn't help the team at all. Bringing in a player that makes an impact right away such as David Harris helps the team.

Shazam!
09-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Marshall to the 'skins for Colt Brennan and a 2nd.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 10:17 PM
I think the "not knowing the playbook" was a statement said by Marshall, and one used to keep himself off the practice field. Lets not exaggerate that problem, since we know it doesn't take much to get on the field, knowing the playbook or not. We see WRs be traded to teams mid-season, and still start for the new team the following week. They simply remind him of the routes when in the huddle.

Marshall "not knowing the playbook" has absolutely nothing with him not being on the field or with the first unit at practice.

TXBRONC
09-02-2009, 10:20 PM

This is exactly why you shouldn't be a GM. :D

MOtorboat
09-02-2009, 10:20 PM
I think the "not knowing the playbook" was a statement said by Marshall, and one used to keep himself off the practice field. Lets not exaggerate that problem, since we know it doesn't take much to get on the field, knowing the playbook or not. We see WRs be traded to teams mid-season, and still start for the new team the following week. They simply remind him of the routes when in the huddle.

Marshall "not knowing the playbook" has absolutely nothing with him not being on the field or with the first unit at practice.

So his admission that he doesn't know the playbook isn't a problem?

Yeah, I feel really comfortable sending that guy into the huddle.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 10:24 PM
So his admission that he doesn't know the playbook isn't a problem?

Yeah, I feel really comfortable sending that guy into the huddle.

no. NOT if we were needing him to play in the game next week, I feel very confident he could do that with what he DOES know. I think his statement was more of a "I don't know it, so that gives me a reason not to be prepared to help this team" type of remark. Like a child. Another childish comment to give himself excuses.

MOtorboat
09-02-2009, 10:25 PM
no. NOT if we were needing him to play in the game next week, I feel very confident he could do that with what he DOES know. I think his statement was more of a "I don't know it, so that gives me a reason not to be prepared to help this team" type of remark. Like a child. Another childish comment to give himself excuses.

And that's not a problem in your mind?

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 10:29 PM
And that's not a problem in your mind?

I don't know what you are asking? I didn't say it wasn't a problem. I STATED that I don't think that his "statement" of him not knowing the playbook is really all that accurate. I don't think that if he IS on this team, he coudn't run the offense. Whether he made the comment about him not knowing the playbook or not.

MOtorboat
09-02-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't know what you are asking? I didn't say it wasn't a problem. I STATED that I don't think that his "statement" of him not knowing the playbook is really all that accurate. I don't think that if he IS on this team, he coudn't run the offense. Whether he made the comment about him not knowing the playbook or not.

Well, I guess I don't understand your original post, then. What is the point of bringing it up?

You're going to have to do a better job of explaining things if you're just going to randomly post things.

Tned
09-02-2009, 10:31 PM

Which is what reporters have said and the fact McDaniels keeps saying learning the offense won't be a problem for him, probably his way of saying the "don't know the playbook" thing is bogus.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Which is what reporters have said and the fact McDaniels keeps saying learning the offense won't be a problem for him, probably his way of saying the "don't know the playbook" thing is bogus.

agreed........

Northman
09-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Who's David Harris?

Lonestar
09-02-2009, 10:36 PM

but they are also not running the Spread scheme that Josh and the NE team are running.. multiple breaks and crossing patterns that are not picked up in a day or two..

The whole idea behind this scheme is to create confusion and get players ope by doing that..

Plus something I heard earlier on the Herd or Dave Gotleib that marshall was not a great route runner in years past, very often not where he was supposed to be when he was supposed to be..

I thought that odd when I heard it knowing that mike did not like that type of stuff. but having the arm on jay and him and BM being on the same page sometimes perhaps it was overlooked because they were productive..

perhaps one reason that BM is not happy about the tightly controlled offense.. If he blows a route he could screw up the other routes for the other guys and perhaps tip a ball he was not supposed to be near..

AGAIN I thought it an odd comment when I heard it but who knows..

topscribe
09-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Who's David Harris?

The last three QBs he has faced asked the same question.

RIP . . . :salute:

-----

Lonestar
09-02-2009, 10:43 PM
time to cool that personal stuff down in here.. let try to keep it on topic OK..

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 10:43 PM
sorry Jwiz. I know we would like to believe that this "scheme" is just SOOOO complex, no one could understand it. But the fact is... the same routes are run in all systems. There are only so many routes, just as there are so many ways to run the balll. Every team has the same running plays as well.

So I'm just not buying MARSHALL in his comments about himself not knowing the playbook. Sounds like just another childish comment for him to have an excuse to "not be ready for the game".. as if attempting ot make another point for him to be traded.

I'm just saying. If the game was tomorrow, and Marshall had agreed to play for the team, he could be in the huddle with enough knowledge of the offense to run with it just fine. Maybe not in synch with the QBs (obviously) on certain reads or timing, but he certainly would/could get the calls/routes/reminders in teh huddle on what to do each play.

So I'm not criticizing anyone here, other than not believing Marshall on just how behind he is on the playbook.

Northman
09-02-2009, 10:45 PM
time to cool that personal stuff down in here.. let try to keep it on topic OK..

Whatever you say David Harris. :lol:

topscribe
09-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Whatever you say David Harris. :lol:

Wrong. Were he David Harris, he would have torn your face off by now . . . :nod:

-----

Lonestar
09-02-2009, 10:50 PM
sorry Jwiz. I know we would like to believe that this "scheme" is just SOOOO complex, no one could understand it. But the fact is... the same routes are run in all systems. There are only so many routes, just as there are so many ways to run the balll. Every team has the same running plays as well.

So I'm just not buying MARSHALL in his comments about himself not knowing the playbook. Sounds like just another childish comment for him to have an excuse to "not be ready for the game".. as if attempting ot make another point for him to be traded.

I'm just saying. If the game was tomorrow, and Marshall had agreed to play for the team, he could be in the huddle with enough knowledge of the offense to run with it just fine. Maybe not in synch with the QBs (obviously) on certain reads or timing, but he certainly would/could get the calls/routes/reminders in teh huddle on what to do each play.

So I'm not criticizing anyone here, other than not believing Marshall on just how behind he is on the playbook.

Actually I totally agree with the BE Bovine Excrement of the "don't know the playbook" comment..

but I also believe that the complexity of the routes may be an issue also if they get two players to close together on the field they may be throwing into what could be triple coverage because he drug two defenders into the are by mistake..

so while he might be able to indeed pick it up in the huddle if need be why reward him by allowing him to "fake it"..

also the comment by the radio guy today about him not being a great route runner has me at least thinking about it..

let me also add he has had ZERO time in working on timing with his QB's taht may be the biggest issue..

Superchop 7
09-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Is it fair value?

NO.

But, it's as good as your gonna get.......considering.

Harris is solid, a smart choice and we need defense.

We are deep at WR and McInley is going to be a good one, not worried about WR.

It's also important to set the tone, pull that crap and your gone. (I could care less what national media thinks) I always respected Shanny for saying "enough is enough".

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Actually I totally agree with the BE Bovine Excrement of the "don't know the playbook" comment..

but I also believe that the complexity of the routes may be an issue also if they get two players to close together on the field they may be throwing into what could be triple coverage because he drug two defenders into the are by mistake..

so while he might be able to indeed pick it up in the huddle if need be why reward him by allowing him to "fake it"..

also the comment by the radio guy today about him not being a great route runner has me at least thinking about it..

It wouldn't be a reward for him, but thats a different topic. I think the team needs him on the field.

Also...I've not heard anyone else comment on his inability to run routes... so that one has to be taken with a grain of salt. However, even if its true to a point, a guy with his size and ability makes up for a lack of finesse. No reason to believe that any of this (marshall being disgruntled) has anything to do with systems or routs, when it has everything to do about money. Moss sure as hell isn't a great route runner by any means, for instance.

silkamilkamonico
09-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Also...I've not heard anyone else comment on his inability to run routes... so that one has to be taken with a grain of salt. However, even if its true to a point, a guy with his size and ability makes up for a lack of finesse. No reason to believe that any of this (marshall being disgruntled) has anything to do with systems or routs, when it has everything to do about money. Moss sure as hell isn't a great route runner by any means, for instance.

Marshall is a terrible route runner, but I still think McDaniels could find a way to utilize his size across the middle, especially in crossing routes. For as bad as a route runner he is, he does an excellent job positioning his body between the ball and the defender.

topscribe
09-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Is it fair value?

NO.

But, it's as good as your gonna get.......considering.

Harris is solid, a smart choice and we need defense.

We are deep at WR and McInley is going to be a good one, not worried about WR.

It's also important to set the tone, pull that crap and your gone. (I could care less what national media thinks) I always respected Shanny for saying "enough is enough".

Actually, as I think about it, it might be more fair than what one may think.
After all, if Marshall pulls that crap one more time, he's gone from the NFL.
Period. For a while. And historically, the odds are against someone just
emerging from a cocoon, having overcome a bad temper. People such as that
generally lose it . . . then think.

I'm increasingly inclined to agree with letting him go somewhere else and be
suspended there.

-----

silkamilkamonico
09-02-2009, 11:08 PM
People are seriously sleeping on David Harris. He might not have a unique skill set like Marshall does, but he's an exceptional young talent that's almost impossible to block. He's alot like Patrick Willis in his sideline to sideline playmaking ability, just not as fast.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Question - there were articles written today that the Broncos are looking for anything they can in regards to tampering. So, how much more tampering could there be than Brandon on a plane to New York - that is, if the purpose is to have contact with the Jets????:confused:

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Question - there were articles written today that the Broncos are looking for anything they can in regards to tampering. So, how much more tampering could there be than Brandon on a plane to New York - that is, if the purpose is to have contact with the Jets????:confused:

IF its true that he was on a plane to NY...then I believe that would have to be with permission given by the Broncos.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 11:14 PM
IF its true that he was on a plane to NY...then I believe that would have to be with permission given by the Broncos.

I would imagine it would have to be with permission given by the Broncos, and more than likely the reason would be to see if Brandon can pass a physical before agreeing to a trade.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 11:20 PM
I would imagine it would have to be with permission given by the Broncos, and more than likely the reason would be to see if Brandon can pass a physical before agreeing to a trade.

:nod: absolutely. I think that was talked about today on ESPN that Marshall's injury would be a major concern for him and his ability to GET traded. They stated that it would be hard to have a team interested in him if he wasn't on the field proving his hip was fine.

If he did, indeed, go to NY to get a physical.....that would certainly go against everything the Broncos have been stating. Seems the story does have validity, though.

honz
09-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't buy it...

Tned
09-02-2009, 11:51 PM

I would assume if Marshall is going to see the Jets, it is with the Broncos approval. I don't think there is any way the Jets would meet with Marshall if they didn't at least have a trade in principle worked out.

sneakers
09-03-2009, 12:25 AM

Worst News EVER!

Davii
09-03-2009, 12:30 AM
I would assume if Marshall is going to see the Jets, it is with the Broncos approval. I don't think there is any way the Jets would meet with Marshall if they didn't at least have a trade in principle worked out.

Not only that, but wouldn't that also be against the rules?

I mean, Childress got in trouble for some guy that was friends with Favre calling him.

I'm pretty sure the rules state the club has to give permission for anything.

DenBronx
09-03-2009, 12:34 AM
I really wanted Marshall to stay but I don't like the idea of getting just draft picks for him. At least we are getting someone who is solid on D which we could always use. A 3rd is a little low for my liking though.

I wouldnt mind bringing in Marvin Harrison just for leadership and depth if this trade happens.

DenBronx
09-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Slide Sheff out as WR and let Quinn and Graham play TE.

Superchop 7
09-03-2009, 12:47 AM
David Harris is a damn good young talented ILB, and well on his way to being one of the elite ILB's in the game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And is related to Chauncy Billups

Reidman
09-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Who's David Harris?

LOL, I wondered the same thing when I read this...

Guess I missed any and all Jets games....haven't heard his name before...

As for Marshall, the problem now is his value has dropped as soon as he hit 2yrs of age...:lol:

BroncoWave
09-03-2009, 01:07 AM
David Harris had 126 tackles as a rookie. Sounds pretty damn good to me. He was injured for a few games last year so his numbers did go down a bit, but still. Based on his numbers in his one full healthy season he would be an upgrade over Andra Davis at ILB. So to improve our defense and get a 3rd rounder for Marshall, I'd be just fine with that.

BroncoWave
09-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Also, I love it when people just automatically assume the guy sucks because they'd never heard of him instead of actually doing a little research on the player. Quite comical, really.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 01:09 AM

If you are serious about this, it is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

In regards to the trade: Marshall for Harris and a third -- I think that's an exceptional trade. I'm hoping for a little more pick value in the end, but you're getting one of the games best linebackers who is an exceptional tackler, a good blitzer and is very aggressive. He's what Mike Nolan would want in a linebacker.

I'm guessing he replaced Andra Davis, but I wouldn't doubt that the team is less than impressed with Williams at ILB either. What would you guys rather have? Marshall walk in a few years and only get a three? Or get a guy who can compete and help us this year and in the future. And hey. . . a third round pick (extra) could do a lot if the Broncos are interested in maneuvering for a QB if Orton fails this coming season.

Just a few thoughts.

Tempus Fugit
09-03-2009, 01:15 AM
1.) I don't expect the trade to happen

2.) Harris and a 3rd is not enough for Marshall

3.) Those of you interested in a Jets perspective can take a look at the following thread. I didn't read it, and that forum can get salty, so check it out having been warned in advance:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=47760

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Harris and a third might not be enough, but it's damn close. And when Marshall gets suspended for half the season down the road, it'll be more than worth it.

silkamilkamonico
09-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Those of you interested in a Jets perspective can take a look at the following thread. I didn't read it, and that forum can get salty, so check it out having been warned in advance: don't expect the trade to happen

Hmm, not a lot of love at all for that trade. Lot of love over there for David Harris.

Tempus Fugit
09-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Hmm, not a lot of love at all for that trade. Lot of love over there for David Harris.

It's a lose-lose trade. Marshall's a problem who could be out of the league by tomorrow, and the trade would weaken the strength of the Jets, which is the defense. For the Broncos side, Harris is overrated by a lot of Jets fans and a 3rd isn't enough to even out the deal.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 01:40 AM
What do you mean is overrated by a lot of Jets fans? If the consensus is on that site that many would be sad to see him go, I think that speaks volumes. He is a great player.

Shazam!
09-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Those of you interested in a Jets perspective can take a look at the following thread. I didn't read it, and that forum can get salty, so check it out having been warned in advance: don't expect the trade to happen

NYJ fans here are all delusional. Trust me on that. Kind of like Mets fans.

Blue Run
09-03-2009, 02:33 AM
I can tell you they have had Brandon Marshall on the back-burner for quite sometime - with an expiration date of the end of the 3rd preseason game to examine their WRs. Long story short - they aren't satisfied.

DEN obviously needs help on D but the players the Giants would be willing to trade are WR Sinorice Moss, TE Darcy Johnson, DE Dave Tollefson and LB Danny Clark.

The feeling is NY wouldn't be willing to give up anything more than a conditional 3rd next year - and one of the above players. They believe DEN would be most interested in Moss - who could play a Welker-type role in the slot.

One to keep an eye on is Mathias Kiwanuka. He is a warrior and considered one of the toughest players on the team. NY has been trying to extend him for a while now but his agent is encouraging him to test free agency (as the Giants have signed most of their key players to modest extensions). It is also unacceptable to him to not be a starter. Kiwi is only 26, is fully healthy now and finally had a full offseason to prepare at DE. Very unorthodox athlete that can play a variety of positions. He is due for a monster season - the kind of player you build a defense around.

Yet he does not even start because NY has 2 All Pro DE's ahead of him in Osi and Tuck.

LoyalSoldier
09-03-2009, 02:46 AM
I can tell you they have had Brandon Marshall on the back-burner for quite sometime - with an expiration date of the end of the 3rd preseason game to examine their WRs. Long story short - they aren't satisfied.

DEN obviously needs help on D but the players the Giants would be willing to trade are WR Sinorice Moss, TE Darcy Johnson, DE Dave Tollefson and LB Danny Clark.

The feeling is NY wouldn't be willing to give up anything more than a conditional 3rd next year - and one of the above players. They believe DEN would be most interested in Moss - who could play a Welker-type role in the slot.

One to keep an eye on is Mathias Kiwanuka. He is a warrior and considered one of the toughest players on the team. NY has been trying to extend him for a while now but his agent is encouraging him to test free agency (as the Giants have signed most of their key players to modest extensions). It is also unacceptable to him to not be a starter. Kiwi is only 26, is fully healthy now and finally had a full offseason to prepare at DE. Very unorthodox athlete that can play a variety of positions. He is due for a monster season - the kind of player you build a defense around.

Yet he does not even start because NY has 2 All Pro DE's ahead of him in Osi and Tuck.

You do know the rumor is a deal with the Jets not the Giants right?

Blue Run
09-03-2009, 02:53 AM
today. It wasn't tea and crumpets. It's Jerry Reese's personal policy to talk one on one with anyone with a checkered past before pulling the trigger.
He did the same with Mario Manningham and Ahmad Bradshaw before deciding not to remove them from their draft board.

The reality is, the Giants lockerroom is so strong that 1 player cannot tear it apart. The real concern is Marshall in NYC - he's a bad club night away from a big suspension. And NY doesn't want to lose another potential championship season to that scenario.

That's why Reese is going out there. He wants to look him in the eye and find out if he's ready to play. We'll have our answer shortly.

TXBRONC
09-03-2009, 04:31 AM
Marshall is a terrible route runner, but I still think McDaniels could find a way to utilize his size across the middle, especially in crossing routes. For as bad as a route runner he is, he does an excellent job positioning his body between the ball and the defender.

I have never heard that Marshall is terrible route except by you and Jr.

Dirk
09-03-2009, 05:49 AM
Blue Run...like Soldier said...the trade rumor was about the Jets...but some how it makes more sense that the Giants would want Bmarsh with the whole PB going to jail scenario.

And if they could get Kiwanuka that could be a possibility with a pick some where. But who knows...that's why it is a RUMOR.

If the Jets deal goes through as it has been mentioned. I am ok with it. It's time to boot Bmarsh to the curb. I don't want anyone on the team that is going to be a me first player. Granted that WRs need some of that attitude to be good, but not as much as he has at the moment.

All I want is a roster full of players that want to be in Denver and want to play together and win. That's not too much to ask for is it?

lil bit special
09-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Couple of things:

1. Jets wont trade Harris. They have nothing behind him that can step in and start. They will not sacrifice their Defense unless there is a backup who is ready and prepared to start. Harris is too important for the defense the Jets are employing this year.... they are defense first, offense when necessary.

2. Jets need to work out a deal with Philly first. In their trade for Lito Sheppard this offseason, the jets traded a conditional pick in 2010 which can be anywhere from 2nd to 4th. So before any deal can be worked out with Denver this needs to be resolved.

3. You arent going to get fair value for Marshall unless a team gets very desperate. Jets arent that team. Giants might be. They are better prepared to make a run this year and need a good WR.

4. Belichick Jr. isnt going to send a player to the Jets that could benefit them.
Bill Belichick would never approve of this and will disown McDaniel.

5. If the Jets or Giants wanted to meet with Marshall, he would fly to Newark since this is closer to both teams facilities.

6. Real Jets fans post here: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php

all other Jets message boards stink. :wave:

7. All fans are delusional, not just NY fans.

With that being said, I hope you guys get rid of this asshat and get full value for him and watch him crash and burn with his new team.

claymore
09-03-2009, 07:34 AM
You do know the rumor is a deal with the Jets not the Giants right?

Brandon Marshall rumors migrate to the other New York team
Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2009 7:14 AM ET
With the Jets quickly in and then out of the Brandon Marshall trade discussion, the team with which they share a stadium now finds itself in the center of the scuttlebutt.

104.3 The Fan in Denver, one of the Denver-area sports radio stations, has posted on its web site an image of a plane bearing the Giants logo on its tail, at a Denver-area airport.

The easy -- through probably grossly incorrect -- speculation is that the receiver-needy Giants are working out a deal for Marshall and whisking him to New York.

Though we won't rule out anything in the stranger-then-Playmakers NFL, we can't imagine the Giants welcoming into the shop another major knucklehead only months after purging a guy whose story the writers of the shuttered ESPN football melodrama would have rejected as way too unrealistic.

Still, you love rumors. So rumors we give you.

And now we wait for the follow-up report that the Giants aren't pursuing Marshall.

Dirk
09-03-2009, 07:52 AM
Ha! Thanks Clay.....this has been one hell of an offseason and preseason. :shocked:

I guess that's one way of getting National media attention. :lol:

Tned
09-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Last night on 104.3, they had somebody on. They were calling him Vic/Vick, but it didn't sound like Lombardi to me, but maybe it was, I was only half listening.

Anyway, he said he would be very surprised if Marshall was traded today and would come back in tonight and eat crow.

He also said that this week, Marshall had extended an olive branch to Rod Smith and the two of them have been working out this week. Smith had previously tried to help him, and even attended one of his meetings with Goodell, but of late Marshall had pulled away from Smith.

Anyway, paraphrasing, but he was very confident that Marshall wasn't going anywhere this year and that he thinks Marshall might have finally 'got it' and may come back from the suspension a different person.

EMB6903
09-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Harris is one of the best inside linebackers in the game...getting him and a 3rd would be great value

SOCALORADO.
09-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Harris and a third might not be enough, but it's damn close. And when Marshall gets suspended for half the season down the road, it'll be more than worth it.

DING!WINNER!WINNER!

He WILL screw up, in NY city!
The guy has the mentality of a 12 year old.
Just a matter of time.
Just 1 jaywalking "incident" , one rough, physical
"argument" with some girl outside a nightclub, which
causes New Yorks finest to intervene, and hes suspended
a minimum of 8 games.

Totally worth it. hopefully DEN can get a 2nd instead of a third though.
Take the Jets to the cleaners.

Superchop 7
09-03-2009, 08:22 AM
He will probably shoot himself in the leg.

Traveler
09-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Hmmm...

David Harris is one fine football player. IIRC, he was one of the players Denver targeted in the 2007 Draft. Definite upgrade at the MLB spot over Davis.

If they somehow pulled this off, it wouldn't upset me in the slightest. Depending on how badly the Jets want Marshall, I'd still hold out for more compensation.

There's really no losing in this possible scenario for Denver. If they don't trade Marshall, he still greatly improves us on offense. McDaniels mentioned recently that with or without Marshall, we are pretty deep at the WR position. I agree with him.

News reports also mentioned that for anyone to get Brandon, Denver would require at least 1st and 3rd round choices or a 1st and a player that would immediately improve a certain position on the team.

If I was Denver, I'd do just what McDaniels stated and say we're not trading Marshall. All the while waiting to see who will pony up the most in compensation.

Win-Win in my book.

dogfish
09-03-2009, 08:24 AM
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/705/112775001c8357b3aa413a4.jpg (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/112775001c8357b3aa413a4.jpg/)

nevcraw
09-03-2009, 08:28 AM
would this be the first time a story broke on this forum??

SoCalImport
09-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Harris and a 3rd would be awesome. I just don't think Rex Ryan is gonna give us that. I don't see it.

Lonestar
09-03-2009, 08:58 AM
I have never heard that Marshall is terrible route except by you and Jr.

Other than yesterday when I qouted someone saying he is a lousy route runner I have IIRC NEVER stated that.

Even in that quote I said I had not ever heard it before and mike usually did not tolerate it.

So please do not put words in my mouth. TIA

SOCALORADO.
09-03-2009, 09:00 AM
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/705/112775001c8357b3aa413a4.jpg (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/112775001c8357b3aa413a4.jpg/)

Suddenly, DEN would have a top 3-4 LBer unit in the NFL!
Get it done!

NightTrainLayne
09-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Last night on 104.3, they had somebody on. They were calling him Vic/Vick, but it didn't sound like Lombardi to me, but maybe it was, I was only half listening.

Anyway, he said he would be very surprised if Marshall was traded today and would come back in tonight and eat crow.

He also said that this week, Marshall had extended an olive branch to Rod Smith and the two of them have been working out this week. Smith had previously tried to help him, and even attended one of his meetings with Goodell, but of late Marshall had pulled away from Smith.

Anyway, paraphrasing, but he was very confident that Marshall wasn't going anywhere this year and that he thinks Marshall might have finally 'got it' and may come back from the suspension a different person.

It probably was Vic Lombardi. That matches up well with the story that he went with yesterday which said virtually the same thing, RE: Rod Smith, and BM finally "getting it".

dogfish
09-03-2009, 09:07 AM
It probably was Vic Lombardi. That matches up well with the story that he went with yesterday which said virtually the same thing, RE: Rod Smith, and BM finally "getting it".

that's just vic doing the team a favor, trying to increase brandon's trade value by easing fears about his behavior, and making it appear that the team isn't backed into a corner in regards to trading him. . . typical maneuvering. . . .

i suppose anything's possible, but i kinda doubt that a lightbulb suddenly came on in marshall's head. . . .

NightTrainLayne
09-03-2009, 09:08 AM
that's just vic doing the team a favor, trying to increase brandon's trade value by easing fears about his behavior, and making it appear that the team isn't backed into a corner in regards to trading him. . . typical maneuvering. . . .

i suppose anything's possible, but i kinda doubt that a lightbulb suddenly came on in marshall's head. . . .

Yeah, I'm not sure how accurate it is. . .I'm not vouching for it, I was just saying that Vic Lombardi had filed a story that basically said those things.

Krugan
09-03-2009, 09:14 AM
I hope this happens, our D is lacking talent.

Bmarsh doesnt want to be here, and holds a costly roster spot.

Dislike the value or not, we need some players on defense.

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 09:21 AM
So is this real or not?

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Dirk
09-03-2009, 09:24 AM
So is this real or not?

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Agreed! :beer:

topscribe
Jets Not Eyeing Marshall

A report yesterday said the Broncos are carefully monitoring any public
comments made by the Jets that might indicate Gang Green is tampering with
suspended Denver receiver Brandon Marshall.

But don't expect the Broncos to be very busy in that area.

The Jets have not made any public comments on Marshall. Nor will they.

And, sources have told The Post, they're not interested trading for the
disgruntled receiver because the Broncos are asking too much in return --
reportedly, a first-round pick and more.

The Jets have publicly backed their receiving corps, which includes veteran
Jerricho Cotchery and unproven Chansi Stuckey, David Clowney and Brad Smith.

Meanwhile, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has said the team intends for
Marshall -- who wants a new contract or a trade -- to play for Denver this
season.

Marshall is suspended through Sept. 5 for "detrimental" conduct.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032009/sports/jets/jets_not_eyeing_marshall_187880.htm

Looks doubtful from the outside . . .

-----

G_Money
Adding Harris to Dumervil might actually start to get us a LB corps that could be effective. I'd be in favor of that sort of return for Marshall.

That said, I agree with the Jets fan - this ain't gonna happen.

They NEED Harris. Maybe if we sent them back Larsen as well we could make it happen. I just think they're a little thin at LB (Pace is still suspended, isn't he?) to be trading their best one away.

Still, it's a return I could get behind. I just don't think Marshall has enough trade value to bring a Harris from a team without a surplus at that position.

~G

SOCALORADO.
09-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Adding Harris to Dumervil might actually start to get us a LB corps that could be effective. I'd be in favor of that sort of return for Marshall.

That said, I agree with the Jets fan - this ain't gonna happen.

They NEED Harris. Maybe if we sent them back Larsen as well we could make it happen. I just think they're a little thin at LB (Pace is still suspended, isn't he?) to be trading their best one away.

Still, it's a return I could get behind. I just don't think Marshall has enough trade value to bring a Harris from a team without a surplus at that position.

~G

I would expect the Jets to try to grab Larsen, WWII or Andra Davis in return.
Someone who could at least compensate for the loss.
But then DEN should up the pick to a 2nd as well.
DEN hopefully, if this is true would take the jets to the cleaners. The jets are the ones calling and Marshall is the hot commodity, so DEN better come out on top of this!! They are the desperate team, that needs a deep threat.
I actually would like to see Wesley Woodyard get a real starting shot at LB, so if it was,
DEN recieves ILB David Harris, 2nd round pick
NYJ recieve Brandon Marshall, Wesley Woodyard

I am OK with that, even though i would absolutely HATE to see WWIII leave, i would like to see him get his shot and prove everyone wrong.
Larsens a pretty good LB,but he also can play FB and is a lot more versatile, and plays STs really well too.

broncohead
09-03-2009, 09:46 AM
I would take Harris and a 3rd for Marshall. Marshall will just be a problem for us throughout the season. The trade will also help out our weakest facet on the team which is the D. We really arent' taking a hit at WR because Marshall hasn't been on the field.

claymore
09-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Whether this trade goes or no goes. The FO has a real problem with leaks. Either from AFC East teams or our own FO.

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Whether this trade goes or no goes. The FO has a real problem with leaks. Either from AFC East teams or our own FO.

I bet Bowlen leaked it then forgot and now he is mad as hell that someone leaked to the press.

claymore
09-03-2009, 09:52 AM
I bet Bowlen leaked it then forgot and now he is mad as hell that someone leaked to the press.

Good thing is its always news to him!

Tned
09-03-2009, 10:02 AM

I was listening while posting on here and drafting on FleaFlicker, so I was distracted, but recollection was that it didn't sound like him, but you are right, it probably was him.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2009, 10:02 AM

Good thing is its always news to him!

LMAO :lol: :lol:

Ravage!!!
09-03-2009, 10:03 AM
I was listening while posting on here and drafting on FleaFlicker, so I was distracted, but recollection was that it didn't sound like him, but you are right, it probably was him.

STUPID FLEAFLICKER!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Ravage!!!
09-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Bypassing all the other junk, I think the Jets would be stupid (if they are interested) to not make this trade.

just how many elite WRs ar in the NFL compared to elite LBs? As those that have criticized past drafts....its HARD to find/get elite talent at WR while its MUCH MUCH MUCH easier to get top talent at LB.

We can go into the "but he doesn't want to be here".. and the "he's acting like a baby" and "he wants money"... all we want and all those are valid. But the point is, the Jets need WR help MUCHmore than they need LB help.

Slick
09-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Bypassing all the other junk, I think the Jets would be stupid (if they are interested) to not make this trade.

just how many elite WRs ar in the NFL compared to elite LBs? As those that have criticized past drafts....its HARD to find/get elite talent at WR while its MUCH MUCH MUCH easier to get top talent at LB.

We can go into the "but he doesn't want to be here".. and the "he's acting like a baby" and "he wants money"... all we want and all those are valid. But the point is, the Jets need WR help MUCHmore than they need LB help.

But they won't give up a guy who can play for a guy who might play Rav. I'm skeptical of this deal or any for that matter. I just don't think there are many teams beating on our door for Brandon's services. Plus, is it plausible that Denver is leaking bad info on purpose just to make it seem like Brandon is actually coveted by some teams?

MOtorboat
09-03-2009, 10:14 AM

Well, then you've got a problem with every front office in the NFL.

Poet
09-03-2009, 10:14 AM

Uhhh... You have lost your mind.

Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson, Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, TO, Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe.

Those are guys who put up elite numbers. yeah, there are a lot of LBs who put up 100 tackles or what not, but I would rather have a good LB over a great WR. Hell, I would have rather DeMarcus Ware (the best overall LB in football IMO) over any WR right now.

Northman
09-03-2009, 10:16 AM

Yes and no. I agree with most of your assessment but NY didnt have a lot of issues last year scoring but they did give up a lot points. I know the loss of Coles didnt help them this year but im not sure that Marshall is the missing link to fixing their defensive woes.

MOtorboat
09-03-2009, 10:17 AM

Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson, Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, TO, Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe.

Those are guys who put up elite numbers. yeah, there are a lot of LBs who put up 100 tackles or what not, but I would rather have a good LB over a great WR. Hell, I would have rather DeMarcus Ware (the best overall LB in football IMO) over any WR right now.

Interesting enough, the truly elite wide receivers there, the elite talents, Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson, Terrell Owens, have a combined 0 championships. One not mentioned...Larry Fitzgerald, but he belongs on that list too.

Poet
09-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Yes and no. I agree with most of your assessment but NY didnt have a lot of issues last year scoring but they did give up a lot points. I know the loss of Coles didnt help them this year but im not sure that Marshall is the missing link to fixing their defensive woes.

New York was just such a hot and cold team. They are still sorta stuck in the win now mode because all those acquisitions then made aren't getting any younger.

claymore
09-03-2009, 10:18 AM

If Sanchez starts they need Marshall more than Harris. Marshall is a great WR for your Cherry QB to cut his teeth with.

Buff
09-03-2009, 10:21 AM

What are you basing this on? I would contend that if it's skewed either way, it's easier to find solid WR's than solid LB's.

Northman
09-03-2009, 10:27 AM
If Sanchez starts they need Marshall more than Harris. Marshall is a great WR for your Cherry QB to cut his teeth with.

He looked just fine out there with Clowney. :D

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 10:27 AM
I don't know Buff. WR is usually a position where the learning curve is at least a year or two, sometimes three. With linebackers, you usually can get guys to come in and play right away.

Poet
09-03-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't know Buff. WR is usually a position where the learning curve is at least a year or two, sometimes three. With linebackers, you usually can get guys to come in and play right away.

This is true. That being said I know there are far more elite WRs then there are LBs, I mean to be honest if a WR puts up 1200 yards and 7 or so TDs a lot of people are going to call him elite.

It's tricky regardless. I don't consider Wes Welker or TJ Houshmanzadeh to be elite, but if 100 catches are elite and being able to run any route is elite then they are.

I've seen pass rushing specialists like Suggs not get a ten sack season in years and still get called elite. I think it has more to due with him playing on the Ravens defense then anything else, he's a good player, no doubt about it.

It's an interesting debate though.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 10:36 AM
would this be the first time a story broke on this forum??

I don't believe so.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2009, 10:52 AM

For one.. Hines Ward isn't elite, neither is Holmes. Greg Jennings and Bowe are aren't in the "elite" class either. TO was at one time.

So yeah, Moss, Smith, Johnson, Boldin, Johnson, Johnson, Wayne and Fitz. Thats 8 in the NFL. Sure there are some that are on the "bubble" or good WRs. But that list right there, only covered 1/4th of the NFL. I bet I can name a LOT more (if I wanted to go to every team and write down the names) of top talent LBs, and even more that are on the 'bubble' of being top talent LBs.

Its like Corners. There are a bunch of really good corners, but there aren't that many ELITE corners. Is it needed to have one to win a championship?

Its MUCH much easier to replace the talent of a LB than it is the loss/need of a top WR. Marshall would be HUGE for NYJ with the their young QB taking the helm.

As far as choosing what player you would rather have, a top LB or a top WR.. that would depend on the team and depend on the WR you are talking about at the time. What player would you rather build around if starting a franchise... Ray Lewis (in his prime) or Jerry Rice (in his prime)?

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Jets are NOT trading David Harris. We are a defensive oriented team who's going to run the rock. It's not going to happen.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2009, 10:54 AM
What are you basing this on? I would contend that if it's skewed either way, it's easier to find solid WR's than solid LB's.

I would disagree. Look at our own roster right now. Do we have more "solid" WRs or more "solid" LBs?

Northman
09-03-2009, 10:54 AM
For one.. Hines Ward isn't elite, neither is Holmes. Greg Jennings are aren't in the "elite" class either.

:shocked:

So wait a minute? Your saying that Marshall is Elite but none of these guys are?

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Jets are NOT trading David Harris. We are a defensive oriented team who's going to run the rock. It's not going to happen.

And Cutler is our QB errr wait

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
I don't think "elite" is a word that should be tossed around a lot. I'd say that elite players would be the top five at their position. The All-Pros. The guys who are consistently beating corners on a regular basis and getting the big stuff. I'd agree that guys like Jennings aren't there yet. He is an extraordinary young player, but he isn't one of the top five receivers in the game. So in that sense, I agree with Ravage. Not that many elite receivers, but there are quite a few good ones; even great.

claymore
09-03-2009, 10:58 AM

Broncos arent trading Brandon Marshall either. McDaniels said so at least.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2009, 10:59 AM
:shocked:

So wait a minute? Your saying that Marshall is Elite but none of these guys are?

No... not saying that. I'm not saying that I would put Marshall in the elite class yet. But he's better than those that I refer to as 'not elite' (obviously we can disagree on that, still not the point).

Whether you like him or not... Marshall IS a stud WR that has elite talent. You just don't find guys with that size and that much skill often. Now I'm not talking about his off-field crap. I'm talking about football skills.

I still contend it is much easier to replace top LB talent than it is to replace top WR talent. Take the word "elite" out of the equation if thats what seems to be the dilemma. Lets just use the word "top"... top talent vs top talent.

Northman
09-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't think "elite" is a word that should be tossed around a lot. I'd say that elite players would be the top five at their position. The All-Pros. The guys who are consistently beating corners on a regular basis and getting the big stuff. I'd agree that guys like Jennings aren't there yet. He is an extraordinary young player, but he isn't one of the top five receivers in the game. So in that sense, I agree with Ravage. Not that many elite receivers, but there are quite a few good ones; even great.

Well, there is no way that Marshall is a top 5 receiver. Just so as long as we are clear on that because ive heard this same crew say he is a Elite receiver and thats just flat out BS.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Broncos arent trading Brandon Marshall either. McDaniels said so at least.

Well don't get your pants in a jiffy just yet. I hear Cleo Lemon is getting ready to sign with the Titans. Marshall for Lemon. They can throw in Kerry Collins too. Wait here is a deal:

BRONCOS GET
David Harris
Cleo Lemon
Kerry Collins
Jet's 1st, 2nd, 3rd Rounders

JETS GET
Brandon Marshall
Broncos 5th Rounder

TITANS GET
Kyle Orton

I'm sending this report to Florio over at PFT. SoUrCSE Say Deal IMErnet. //EnDTWEet

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Well, there is no way that Marshall is a top 5 receiver. Just so as long as we are clear on that because ive heard this same crew say he is a Elite receiver and thats just flat out BS.

Certainly over the last two years he has made a case for being an elite one. You'd be hard pressed to find many other guys who have caught over 200 balls and had 2,500+ receiving yards the past couple of seasons. Just depends on your perspective, but those are some crazy numbers. He just needs more touchdowns.

Northman
09-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Certainly over the last two years he has made a case for being an elite one. You'd be hard pressed to find many other guys who have caught over 200 balls and had 2,500+ receiving yards the past couple of seasons. Just depends on your perspective, but those are some crazy numbers. He just needs more touchdowns.

No way in hell. He goes in the "good" category but not elite. He is in no way better than Ward, Jennings, or Holmes especially if you consider the non-elite.

claymore
09-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Well don't get your pants in a jiffy just yet. I hear Cleo Lemon is getting ready to sign with the Titans. Marshall for Lemon. They can throw in Kerry Collins too. Wait here is a deal:

BRONCOS GET
David Harris
Cleo Lemon
Kerry Collins

JETS GET
Brandon Marshall
Broncos 5th Rounder

TITANS GET
Kyle Orton

I'm sending this report to Florio over at PFT. SoUrCSE Say Deal IMErnet. //EnDTWEet

It actually makes sense. Having Kyle Orton In Tennessee makes Vince Young look like Montana/Randall cunningham Hybrid player. And Orton has all the Jack Daniels he can shake a neck beard at.

honz
09-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Marshall is most certainly better than Ward and Holmes...him and Jennings are on about the same level.

silkamilkamonico
09-03-2009, 11:11 AM
I would disagree. Look at our own roster right now. Do we have more "solid" WRs or more "solid" LBs?

WR's, without question IMHO. Royal, Marshall, and Stokley are all solid WR's. The only LB we have that's considered solid right now is DJ, and arguably Davis, Dumervil, although Dumervil is an unknown at this point.

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 11:15 AM

BRONCOS GET
David Harris
Cleo Lemon
Kerry Collins

JETS GET
Brandon Marshall
Broncos 5th Rounder

TITANS GET
Kyle Orton

HAHAHAHAHA

You have to crazy if you think the Jets will trade Harris and our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks.

Are you nuts?

When did Brandon Marshall become Jerry Rice?

dogfish
09-03-2009, 11:16 AM
No way in hell. He goes in the "good" category but not elite. He is in no way better than Ward, Jennings, or Holmes especially if you consider the non-elite.

Marshall is most certainly better than Ward and Holmes...him and Jennings are on about the same level.

fo realz!

you gotta be kidding, north. . . hines ward is barely even a thousand yards per year type of receiver any more-- i don't know that i'd even rank him with the NFL's second tier of receivers, let alone the top guys. . . and santonio homes caught 55 balls for 800-some yards last year! marshall caught 100+ for over 1,200 yards. . . how can you say he's not head and shoulders better than holmes?marhsall is a legit #1 receiver in this league, holmes is a quality #2. . . there's no comparison in terms of what they can do on the field. . . .

based on production marshall ranks right alongside the best of the league's young receivers with guys like jennings and roddy white. . . add potential to production, and he IS the league's best up-and-coming wideout other than probably calvin johnson. . .

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 11:16 AM
And Cutler is our QB errr wait

What does that have to do with the Jets? We are not trading Harris.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Northman, Marshall statistically (besides touchdowns for Greg) blows those guys out of the water -- and for catches and yards it really isn't even that close.

claymore
HAHAHAHAHA

You have to crazy if you think the Jets will trade Harris and our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick.

Are you nuts?

Sanchez will turn him into a HOF'er. We all know this.

CoachChaz
I'd be curious to see how "elite" Boldin and Fitzgerald would be if they were on different teams. Niether one knows what a double team looks like.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 11:18 AM
HAHAHAHAHA

You have to crazy if you think the Jets will trade Harris and our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks.

Are you nuts?

You haven't been here long enough to get to know me. Obviously, I'm kidding. There is a running joke around here about how a few posters are all-in for getting Cleo Lemon at quarterback. My post wasn't serious at all. I don't see the Jets trading Harris, but if they did for Marshall -- I feel that him and the third round pick mentioned in these "rumors" would be a pretty decent deal. Savvy?

dogfish
09-03-2009, 11:19 AM
I'd be curious to see how "elite" Boldin and Fitzgerald would be if they were on different teams. Niether one knows what a double team looks like.

wut?

boldin caught a hundred passes for almost 1,400 yards and eight TDs his rookie year when larry was still at pitt-- i'd say that's pretty damn good. . . .

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 11:21 AM
You haven't been here long enough to get to know me. Obviously, I'm kidding. There is a running joke around here about how a few posters are all-in for getting Cleo Lemon at quarterback. My post wasn't serious at all. I don't see the Jets trading Harris, but if they did for Marshall -- I feel that him and the third round pick mentioned in these "rumors" would be a pretty decent deal. Savvy?

I see, anyways...

The Jets are a defensive team. Rex Ryan is not going to call his signal caller a week away from week 1. You are not getting Harris. Period.

Northman
09-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Northman, Marshall statistically (besides touchdowns for Greg) blows those guys out of the water -- and for catches and yards it really isn't even that close.

Its too bad that stats dont account for everything when it comes to being an elite player. In fact, ill go back to Holmes game winning TD catch in the SB. No way in hell Marshall makes that catch.

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
What does that have to do with the Jets? We are not trading Harris.

Well since you are in charge of well nothing I guess we can close this thread.

Guys the Jets aint trading

JetsFanNYC

Did you watch the Super Bowl? Fitzgerald was constantly double teamed.

underrated29
brandon knows what a double team looks like. Hell he knows what a triple team looks like. Its all he ever sees.

CoachChaz
wut?

boldin caught a hundred passes for almost 1,400 yards and eight TDs his rookie year when larry was still at pitt-- i'd say that's pretty damn good. . . .

Yeah...what was I thinking...he must be God

Northman
09-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Sanchez will turn him into a HOF'er. We all know this.

So, its not really Marshall its the QB then? Thank god Jay Cutler made Brandon who he is. :lol:

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Well since you are in charge of well nothing I guess we can close this thread.

Guys the Jets aint trading

Broncos threw out a name they knew they could never get. That always happens when trade negotiations get under way. Is it that hard to understand?

CoachChaz
09-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Did you watch the Super Bowl? Fitzgerald was constantly double teamed.

Nevertheless...no one can say they dont reap the rewards of being on the same team.

It amuses me that people can say Royal's numbers were inflated due to multiple coverage on Marshall, but when it comes to the AZ receivers, it's usually forgotten

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 11:26 AM
I see, anyways...

The Jets are a defensive team. Rex Ryan is not going to call his signal caller a week away from week 1. You are not getting Harris. Period.

Yeah, and if you aren't going to give us a player worth a damn and adequate pick compensation -- you aren't getting Brandon Marshall. Maybe you can talk to Don Maynard about coming out of retirement and getting in the game for you guys.

Here is a video to illustrate my, "You ain't gettin' him." point.

QY2HL1zg6Gk

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Broncos threw out a name they knew they could never get. That always happens when trade negotiations get under way. Is it that hard to understand?

What if we threw in a 2010 7th round pick?

dogfish
09-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah...what was I thinking...he must be God

boldin missed four games last year-- in those games, fitz totaled 20 catches for 362 yards and five scores. . .

seriously coach, do you just have some objection to the term "elite?" are you honestly going to argue that larry fitzgerald isn't one of if not the best receiver in the game right now? i don't get it. . .

would you object to calling demarcus ware elite? clady? adrian peterson? ed reed? brees? if fitz doesn't deserve to be called elite, then i guess we should just take the term off the board entirely, because it's a level unattainable by mortal beings. . .

claymore
09-03-2009, 11:27 AM
So, its not really Marshall its the QB then? Thank god Jay Cutler made Brandon who he is. :lol:

Thats why I wanna get rid of him before neck beard breaks him back down. :goodnight:

Poet
09-03-2009, 11:35 AM
For one.. Hines Ward isn't elite, neither is Holmes. Greg Jennings and Bowe are aren't in the "elite" class either. TO was at one time.

So yeah, Moss, Smith, Johnson, Boldin, Johnson, Johnson, Wayne and Fitz. Thats 8 in the NFL. Sure there are some that are on the "bubble" or good WRs. But that list right there, only covered 1/4th of the NFL. I bet I can name a LOT more (if I wanted to go to every team and write down the names) of top talent LBs, and even more that are on the 'bubble' of being top talent LBs.

Its like Corners. There are a bunch of really good corners, but there aren't that many ELITE corners. Is it needed to have one to win a championship?

Its MUCH much easier to replace the talent of a LB than it is the loss/need of a top WR. Marshall would be HUGE for NYJ with the their young QB taking the helm.

As far as choosing what player you would rather have, a top LB or a top WR.. that would depend on the team and depend on the WR you are talking about at the time. What player would you rather build around if starting a franchise... Ray Lewis (in his prime) or Jerry Rice (in his prime)?

Hines Ward is an elite WR. He's going to make the HOF as a WR. I'm sorry, there's far more to being a WR then just deep routes and speed. Why isn't Bowe elite? He does everything really well and honestly the numbers he just put up on that team is staggering.

WR's are not as important as LBs. As someone on this MB pointed out, TO, Moss, Ocho, Steve Smith, Fitzgerald, Boldin, etc etc etc have zero SB rings.

There's a reason for that.

CoachChaz
09-03-2009, 11:35 AM
boldin missed four games last year-- in those games, fitz totaled 20 catches for 362 yards and five scores. . .

seriously coach, do you just have some objection to the term "elite?" are you honestly going to argue that larry fitzgerald isn't one of if not the best receiver in the game right now? i don't get it. . .

would you object to calling demarcus ware elite? clady? adrian peterson? ed reed? brees? if fitz doesn't deserve to be called elite, then i guess we should just take the term off the board entirely, because it's a level unattainable by mortal beings. . .

Thanks for the segway.

The term elite just seems to be thrown around haplessly anymore. Can I or anyone else define it? Yes and no. We all have our own definition of "elite". Some can look at stats and make the call, while others look at intangibles.

If being one of the top 5 players at a certain position defines it...that's fine too. Elite players tend to get that status based on their team, just as much as their own ability.

So, just using the players on this list...it will be interesting to see what numbers Ware puts up since he wont be coming off of Canty's shoulder anymore and doesnt have Ellis on the other side...wonder what kind of numbers Petersen would have running behind Detroit's line or what Fitz and Boldin would do in the Lions offense without talent on the other side of the field...Maybe if Ed Reed was in a defense that didnt get pressure up front, his opportunities would be limited. Elite players typically come from elite situations...there's a reason for that.

All these players are very good. I just have a hard time with the term "elite". Just my crazy ass

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Yeah, and if you aren't going to give us a player worth a damn and adequate pick compensation -- you aren't getting Brandon Marshall. Maybe you can talk to Don Maynard about coming out of retirement and getting in the game for you guys.

Here is a video to illustrate my, "You ain't gettin' him." point.

QY2HL1zg6Gk

The Jets not getting Marshall is your problem... not ours

No one is going to give you a solid player for Marshall a week away from week 1. You either trade him now for draft picks or you trade him after the season.

Oh and is Marshall even healthy? Why would anyone trade a big piece of their team for a cry baby who just had hip surgery?

CoachChaz
09-03-2009, 11:37 AM
WR's are typically overrated as a whole. I dont think anyone can argue with that

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 11:38 AM

No one is going to give you a solid player for Marshall a week away from week 1. You either trade him now for draft picks or you draft him after the season.
Oh and is Marshall even healthy? Why would anyone trade for this cry baby who just had hip surgery?

If we draft him again after the season the issues of Bowlens memory will be confirmed I guess.

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 11:38 AM
WR's are typically overrated as a whole. I dont think anyone can argue with that

Of course, there are about 5 Brandon Marshall's in the 2010 draft.

Poet
09-03-2009, 11:40 AM

Their impact is. I mean the last top tier wideout to win a SB was...oh damn, Hines Ward.

People love WRs because teams with great WRs tend to be fun teams to watch. In other words, casual fans like offensive teams and always seem to think that they play football the right way and that stud offensive teams will win a SB.

Nevermind that Peyton Manning only won a SB when his defense showed up in the playoffs.

The Jets don't need a WR, they need to work on a pass rush and find a power back to groom who can replace Jones when his days are done.

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Their impact is. I mean the last top tier wideout to win a SB was...oh damn, Hines Ward.

People love WRs because teams with great WRs tend to be fun teams to watch. In other words, casual fans like offensive teams and always seem to think that they play football the right way and that stud offensive teams will win a SB.

Nevermind that Peyton Manning only won a SB when his defense showed up in the playoffs.

The Jets don't need a WR, they need to work on a pass rush and find a power back to groom who can replace Jones when his days are done.

We're hoping it's Shonn Greene from Iowa.

Poet
09-03-2009, 11:43 AM
We're hoping it's Shonn Greene from Iowa.

Oh damn, I forgot you guys drafted him. For some reason I thought he was taken by a NFC West team.

dogfish
09-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Hines Ward is an elite WR. He's going to make the HOF as a WR. I'm sorry, there's far more to being a WR then just deep routes and speed. Why isn't Bowe elite? He does everything really well and honestly the numbers he just put up on that team is staggering.

WR's are not as important as LBs. As someone on this MB pointed out, TO, Moss, Ocho, Steve Smith, Fitzgerald, Boldin, etc etc etc have zero SB rings.

There's a reason for that.

if you want to get technical about it, demarcus ware, patrick willis, jon beason, lance briggs, brian urlacher, zach thomas, jason taylor, shawn merriman, lofa tatupu and keith bullock don't have any rings between them, either. . . but jerry rice and michael irvin have a bunch. . .

i do agree with the broader point that you don't absolutely need a great wide receiver to win a super bowl, but then again you can say that about any poistion in the game, right up to quarterback. . . the history of the NFL is littered with great players who don't have rings and mediocre players who do, because it's a team sport. . . i'd still sure as hell rather have a larry fitzgerald or andre johnson than not have them. . . .

Thanks for the segway.

The term elite just seems to be thrown around haplessly anymore. Can I or anyone else define it? Yes and no. We all have our own definition of "elite". Some can look at stats and make the call, while others look at intangibles.

If being one of the top 5 players at a certain position defines it...that's fine too. Elite players tend to get that status based on their team, just as much as their own ability.

So, just using the players on this list...it will be interesting to see what numbers Ware puts up since he wont be coming off of Canty's shoulder anymore and doesnt have Ellis on the other side...wonder what kind of numbers Petersen would have running behind Detroit's line or what Fitz and Boldin would do in the Lions offense without talent on the other side of the field...Maybe if Ed Reed was in a defense that didnt get pressure up front, his opportunities would be limited. Elite players typically come from elite situations...there's a reason for that.

All these players are very good. I just have a hard time with the term "elite". Just my crazy ass

that's fair, and now we have it out there. . .

calvin johnson put up huge stats on one of the most miserable teams of all time, can we call him elite? :lol:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 11:45 AM

No one is going to give you a solid player for Marshall a week away from week 1. You either trade him now for draft picks or you trade him after the season.

Oh and is Marshall even healthy? Why would anyone trade a big piece of their team for a cry baby who just had hip surgery?

Whether Marshall stays here or goes is inconsequential to me. I could care less. If you would prefer that Dirty Sanchez threw to a bunch of mouth breathers and not one of the best receivers in the NFL, that is your prerogative. But the pipe dreams that you and your brethren on the Jets forums which lead to believe that you can get Marshall extremely cheap is also a pipe dream.

Poet
09-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Whether Marshall stays here or goes is inconsequential to me. I could care less. If you would prefer that Dirty Sanchez threw to a bunch of mouth breathers and not one of the best receivers in the NFL, that is your prerogative. But the pipe dreams that you and your brethren on the Jets forums which lead to believe that you can get Marshall extremely cheap is also a pipe dream.

So very true.

I think a team could get him for a first and a 4th and no player.

dogfish
09-03-2009, 11:49 AM
But the pipe dreams that you and your brethren on the Jets forums which lead to believe that you can get Marshall extremely cheap is also a pipe dream.

QFT

mcdaniels can't afford to give him away. . . i read some posts on gangreen last night, and they were all lathered up thinking they could give us kellen clemens and some throw-in pick for marshall. . . LMAO! why the **** would we want kellen clemens? we've already got four crappy QBs on the roster, what are we supposed to do with another one?

:noidea:

despite all his warts, marshall is a legitimate bigtime talent who produces on the field and hasn't even hit his prime yet. . . denver isn't going to move a player like that just to get rid of him-- if a team wants him, they're going to have to give up something of value in return, not a pile of spare parts and a late round pick. . . .

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 11:50 AM

We'll be fine without him. We are a running team (Leon Washington (who also catches passes) Thomas Jones, Shonn Greene), and Jericho Cotchery and Dustin Keller is no "mouth breathers". David Harris is 10x more valuable to us than Marshall.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Well, if you ever scrolled over on the Jets boards they seem to think that they can get Marshall for a fourth round pick and Wallace Wright. I mean, give me a ******' break. LOL.

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 11:51 AM
QFT

mcdaniels can't afford to give him away. . . i read some posts on gangreen last night, and they were all lathered up thinking they could give us kellen clemens and some throw-in pick for marshall. . . LMAO! why the **** would we want kellen clemens? we've already got four crappy QBs on the roster, what are we supposed to do with another one?

:noidea:

despite all his warts, marshall is a legitimate bigtime talent who produces on the field and hasn't even hit his prime yet. . . denver isn't going to move a player like that just to get rid of him-- if a team wants him, they're going to have to give up something of value in return, not a pile of spare parts and a late round pick. . . .

Considering you gave away a franchise QB in his prime, what do you want them to think?

CoachChaz
09-03-2009, 11:52 AM

calvin johnson put up huge stats on one of the most miserable teams of all time, can we call him elite? :lol:

Depends on what a persons definition of "elite" stats are. 75 catches, 1000 yards 7 TD's???...100 catches, 1400 yards, 12 TD's???

Poet
09-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Well, if you ever scrolled over on the Jets boards they seem to think that they can get Marshall for a fourth round pick and Wallace Wright. I mean, give me a ******' break. LOL.

Who the hell is Wallace Wright?

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 11:53 AM
We'll be fine without him. We are a running team, and Jericho Cotchery is no "mouth breathers". David Harris is 10x more valuable to us than Marshall.

Yeah, the Jets are a running team -- which is why I'm sure they were excited to move up and get Mark Sanchez in the draft as they don't plan on using him. Jerricho Cotchery is a decent receiver, but him being a #1 is almost borderline embarrassing. Look at the depth you have behind him. It is garbage. Who is going to step up when Cotchery is double teamed? Brad Smith. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

dogfish

yep-- right after they get adrian peterson and a second for shonn green and a game-worn joe namath jersey. . . .

JetsFanNYC
So very true.

I think a team could get him for a first and a 4th and no player.

I'm pretty sure the Jets would be willing to do that, they just aren't going to give chips from their starting lineups.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 11:54 AM

(My point exactly.) The next Don Maynard for the NYJ. I hear they rave about his hands and potential. Too bad he's behind highlight reel guys like Stuckey, Davis and Clowney on the depth chart.

DenBronx
09-03-2009, 11:55 AM
if you want to get technical about it, demarcus ware, patrick willis, jon beason, lance briggs, brian urlacher, zach thomas, jason taylor, shawn merriman, lofa tatupu and keith bullock don't have any rings between them, either. . . but jerry rice and michael irvin have a bunch. . .

i do agree with the broader point that you don't absolutely need a great wide receiver to win a super bowl, but then again you can say that about any poistion in the game, right up to quarterback. . . the history of the NFL is littered with great players who don't have rings and mediocre players who do, because it's a team sport. . . i'd still sure as hell rather have a larry fitzgerald or andre johnson than not have them. . . .

so the point is there is a mess of elite players out there without a ring? :laugh:

cutler being one. :cool:

silkamilkamonico
09-03-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm pretty sure the Jets would be willing to do that, they just aren't going to give chips from their starting lineups.

I'm prfetty sure Denver isn't willing to do that. You want a starting quality player like marshall, you're going to have to give up a quality starter in return. It's why they are asking for a player along with the picks.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 11:57 AM
The Jets still have to wait on the Lito Sheppard trade to exactly know the picks, so it is safe to say that their fourth (which could escalate to a two) couldn't be used in the trade. So take off the two and four as of right now, and then see what you can work with pickwise.

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah, the Jets are a running team -- which is why I'm sure they were excited to move up and get Mark Sanchez in the draft as they don't plan on using him. Jerricho Cotchery is a decent receiver, but him being a #1 is almost borderline embarrassing. Look at the depth you have behind him. It is garbage. Who is going to step up when Cotchery is double teamed? Brad Smith. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Brad Smith isn't a starter. He's mostly used on special teams.

These are our main receiving options.

Jerricho Cotchery
Dustin Keller
Leon Washington
Chansi Stuckey
David Clowney

Not great, but not horrible for a team that will run the rock and rely on defence. Sanchez is not going to be forced to make huge plays in year 1.

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 11:58 AM
The Jets still have to wait on the Lito Sheppard trade to exactly know the picks, so it is safe to say that their fourth (which could escalate to a two) couldn't be used in the trade. So take off the two and four as of right now, and then see what you can work with pickwise.

He's been horrible, but there is a clause in that trade similar to the one with Vilma a few years ago. We'll make sure we have that pick.

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 11:59 AM

A special teams player.

Poet
09-03-2009, 12:00 PM
if you want to get technical about it, demarcus ware, patrick willis, jon beason, lance briggs, brian urlacher, zach thomas, jason taylor, shawn merriman, lofa tatupu and keith bullock don't have any rings between them, either. . . but jerry rice and michael irvin have a bunch. . . [QUOTE]

Fair enough. That being said very few of those WRs listed meant or mean as much to their team as those players you listed. Point black Ware and Urlacher make or break their team. None of the WRs in this game make or break their team. Shawn Merriman and Ware can negate a WR totally by consistently pressuring the QB. There is no position more overrated then WR. Every last single position on the offensive line is more important then a WR. RB and QB is more important then WR. The only offensive position that is less important on offense is TE.

[QUOTE] i do agree with the broader point that you don't absolutely need a great wide receiver to win a super bowl, but then again you can say that about any poistion in the game, right up to quarterback. . . the history of the NFL is littered with great players who don't have rings and mediocre players who do, because it's a team sport. . . i'd still sure as hell rather have a larry fitzgerald or andre johnson than not have them. . . .

Calvin Johnson's season is just as impressive to me as Randy Moss' record season. Johnson may be the most talented player in the NFL.

Still would rather have a good LB over him.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 12:01 PM
What kind of fetish do the Jets have with receivers whose last names end in "y"?

You do realize that teams will double team the best options the Jets have to offer, which isn't many. That line-up is atrocious, especially when you have to add a running back (even Keller who should be great) into your receivers list to make up for the shit show elsewhere.

Did you think you were going to the Super Bowl when you guys got Favre?

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Super Bowl with Farve.. no, but our chances where far better than the Broncos will be this year. Their defense is laughable.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Washington is in that lineup because he's that type of player... he's always been that type of player even when we had Coles and Cotchery.

I'm an FSU fan, I've followed Washington for years. I know he can catch the ball. My point is that you had to put a running back into your list of receivers to compensate for the lack of quality and depth there. Obviously, there is a reason the Jets have been interested in picking up a wide receiver. They haven't been all too impressed with their other options.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Super Bowl with Farve.. no, but our chances where far better than the Broncos will be this year. Their defense is laughable.

I'm not sure what you are getting at here. "Our chances to win the Super Bowl were higher than Favre last year than the Broncos' this year."

Yeah? Who gives a shit. Most of us here already know that we are bracing for quite the trying season. You don't need to be here to tell us what we've already known for a while now. Anything else you'd like to add here? Are you going to tell us about how Clowney's 40 time is going to make him the stretch-the-field option of the century or what?

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm an FSU fan, I've followed Washington for years. I know he can catch the ball. My point is that you had to put a running back into your list of receivers to compensate for the lack of quality and depth there. Obviously, there is a reason the Jets have been interested in picking up a wide receiver. They haven't been all too impressed with their other options.

Again, what is it that you don't understand? Even when we had a better group of receivers Washington has always caught balls, he's not an every down back, catching balls has always been part of his game.

silkamilkamonico
09-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Jets have the worst WR core in the NFL next to the Bears.

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 12:10 PM

I'd say the Giants.

Northman
09-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Brad Smith isn't a starter. He's mostly used on special teams.

These are our main receiving options.

Jerricho Cotchery
Dustin Keller
Leon Washington
Chansi Stuckey
David Clowney

Not great, but not horrible for a team that will run the rock and rely on defence. Sanchez is not going to be forced to make huge plays in year 1.

I agree. I dont think NY will be that bad with that crew. Marshall talent wise would be a nice addition but in my opinion is just too much of a risk and headcase for any team at this point.

Northman
09-03-2009, 12:12 PM

Well, i guess we will find out this year if they are truly that bad or was it the QB getting them the ball.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Again, what is it that you don't understand? Even when we had a better group of receivers Washington has always caught balls, he's not an every down back, catching balls has always been part of his game.

I'm understanding everything perfectly. You throw Washington in there as a legitimate receiving option (he is out of the backfield) but he is not a "receiver." You place him there to make up for the poo-poo-mcgoop mess you have at the position overall. And like I said, I know the type of player Leon Washington was. I was cheering for Leon Washington back at FSU when you were hoping Brooks Bollinger was going to be your guy when Herman was coach.

Kaylore
09-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Couple of things:

1. Jets wont trade Harris. They have nothing behind him that can step in and start. They will not sacrifice their Defense unless there is a backup who is ready and prepared to start. Harris is too important for the defense the Jets are employing this year.... they are defense first, offense when necessary.

2. Jets need to work out a deal with Philly first. In their trade for Lito Sheppard this offseason, the jets traded a conditional pick in 2010 which can be anywhere from 2nd to 4th. So before any deal can be worked out with Denver this needs to be resolved.

3. You arent going to get fair value for Marshall unless a team gets very desperate. Jets arent that team. Giants might be. They are better prepared to make a run this year and need a good WR.

4. Belichick Jr. isnt going to send a player to the Jets that could benefit them.
Bill Belichick would never approve of this and will disown McDaniel.

5. If the Jets or Giants wanted to meet with Marshall, he would fly to Newark since this is closer to both teams facilities.

6. Real Jets fans post here: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php

all other Jets message boards stink. :wave:

7. All fans are delusional, not just NY fans.

With that being said, I hope you guys get rid of this asshat and get full value for him and watch him crash and burn with his new team.
I like this guy.

Requiem / The Dagda
I'd say the Giants.

Yeah, and I bet you think Mark Sanchez is better than Eli Manning too.

JetsFanNYC
I agree. I dont think NY will be that bad with that crew. Marshall talent wise would be a nice addition but in my opinion is just too much of a risk and headcase for any team at this point.

We'll be drafting a WR this spring... count on it, eventually we'll have to get Sanchez a #1 guy, but this season we'll be running the ball constantly. We have good backs and a good O-line.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 12:14 PM
We'll be drafting a WR this spring... count on it, eventually we'll have to get Sanchez a #1 guy, but this season we'll be running the ball constantly. We have good backs and a good O-line.

Yeah? Well don't pat yourself on the back when it does happen. When your receivers suck as bad as they do, and you are rumored to be interested in trading for one of the NFL's top wide outs, making this kind of prediction isn't much to hang your head high about.

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Yeah, and I bet you think Mark Sanchez is better than Eli Manning too.

Yeah.. no

Who on the Giants can you count on? We can count on Cotchery. Who do the Giants have who you know will catch 70+ balls.

Steve Smith?

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah? Well don't pat yourself on the back when it does happen. When your receivers suck as bad as they do, and you are rumored to be interested in trading for one of the NFL's top wide outs, making this kind of prediction isn't much to hang your head high about.

Bronco fans have no right to say anyone sucks... your team is the laughing stock of the NFL right now.

Do you know your head coaches nick name?

McDumbass.... clever right?

Northman
09-03-2009, 12:18 PM

Yea, i dont think you guys have a lot to be too concerned about. I think Green will be fine spelling Thomas, i like what ive seen from Clowney, Crotchery, and Stuckey but obviously they arent #1 type receivers but dangerous never the less. Washington is always a headache for opposing defenses and ST's. My wife had him on her fantasy team last year and he was a beast as usual. But Sanchez will go through his growing pains this year and if you guys do draft a #1 next year it ought to bold well for you guys in the future. Seems the pieces are getting put in place but its going to take a little time to mature yet.

Mike
09-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Let's not turn this into a smack thread.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2009, 12:19 PM
We have all the right in the world. (P.S., it would be "Your team is the laughing stock of the NFL right now.")

JetsFanNYC
09-03-2009, 12:20 PM

I didn't want it to go that way, not my fault.

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Bronco fans have no right to say anyone sucks... you're team is the laughing stock of the NFL right now.

Do you know your head coaches nick name?

McDumbass.... clever right?

http://yaleaasablog.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/fortune-cookie.jpg

G_Money
09-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Don't scare off the Jets fans - unlike some of the Bears fans, the Jets ones who've shown up to post here actually seem to know shit about football.

Still can't see the trade happening with the Jets, certainly not for Harris. I'd think the Giants would be more likely, but they swear it's not.

~G

Kaylore
09-03-2009, 01:02 PM

Captain America sucks!

j/k

lil bit special
09-03-2009, 01:26 PM
The Jets WR's do suck and we would benefit greatly by acquiring a top tier WR. Thats what we have been wanting since FA and the draft.

But the Jets are built around a running game and a strong D. Having weak WR's isnt a good strategy, but its better than hurting our D which is already in trouble due to Calvin Pace not knowing what supplements are banned.

Marshall is a top WR but his antics this preseason has severely hurt his value. No way anyone gives the Broncos a good deal because of his antics. And the Broncos would be stupid to trade him for anything less than fair value. Jets might need him but they certainly arent going to pay anything near what is wanted. And they certainly arent going to give up a player they need now.

And yes, Jets fans proposals on their boards have been embarrassing and laughable. But all teams fans do it. Everyone wants to get rid of shit and get quality in return. Very rarely do fans look at both sides and see what is a good possible trade.

The Broncos should continue to push for the most value and not settle for anything less... if they do your fan base really is going to revolt against your asshat owner and coach.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2009, 01:27 PM

fo realz!

you gotta be kidding, north. . . hines ward is barely even a thousand yards per year type of receiver any more-- i don't know that i'd even rank him with the NFL's second tier of receivers, let alone the top guys. . . and santonio homes caught 55 balls for 800-some yards last year! marshall caught 100+ for over 1,200 yards. . . how can you say he's not head and shoulders better than holmes?marhsall is a legit #1 receiver in this league, holmes is a quality #2. . . there's no comparison in terms of what they can do on the field. . . .

based on production marshall ranks right alongside the best of the league's young receivers with guys like jennings and roddy white. . . add potential to production, and he IS the league's best up-and-coming wideout other than probably calvin johnson. . .

North... I'm with these guys. I would put Marshall in the elite status WAY before any that you listed. You may not like him as a person, but his ability is above Ward, Jennings, and certainly Holmes. Ward has been a very good player for years. I love his attitude and his team spirit. Thats not what we are talking about, however.

lil bit special
09-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Don't scare off the Jets fans - unlike some of the Bears fans, the Jets ones who've shown up to post here actually seem to know shit about football.

Still can't see the trade happening with the Jets, certainly not for Harris. I'd think the Giants would be more likely, but they swear it's not.

~G

we dont scare easily... we've been dealing with asshat pats fans for years... we just dig in and attack like a pitbull... sadly we're like Mike Vick's dogs-- we lose a fight and we dont get a second chance.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2009, 01:31 PM
The Jets WR's do suck and we would benefit greatly by acquiring a top tier WR. Thats what we have been wanting since FA and the draft.

But the Jets are built around a running game and a strong D. Having weak WR's isnt a good strategy, but its better than hurting our D which is already in trouble due to Calvin Pace not knowing what supplements are banned.

Marshall is a top WR but his antics this preseason has severely hurt his value. No way anyone gives the Broncos a good deal because of his antics. And the Broncos would be stupid to trade him for anything less than fair value. Jets might need him but they certainly arent going to pay anything near what is wanted. And they certainly arent going to give up a player they need now.

And yes, Jets fans proposals on their boards have been embarrassing and laughable. But all teams fans do it. Everyone wants to get rid of shit and get quality in return. Very rarely do fans look at both sides and see what is a good possible trade.

The Broncos should continue to push for the most value and not settle for anything less... if they do your fan base really is going to revolt against your asshat owner and coach.

All true statements, but as you said... Marshall's antics have lowered his value. So where is Marshall's value? Its lower than it should be, and right now, we probably should take what we can get. I don't think this will be a situation that gets resolved between the coach and the player. I'm not sure the coach wants it resolved, and right now feel pretty confident in saying the player doesn't.

So whats fair value? Not sure anymore. Getting something for a guy that will be sitting the bench seems better than nothing but a guy on the bench.

LTC Pain
09-03-2009, 01:35 PM
This is total BS. If there's one thing I dislike about this board it's you can just make up a rumor out of your ass and post it. Nothing has to be verified with a viable news link or source. I bet the original poster is laughing his/her ass off at the reaction to this hot, runny buffaloe exhaust.

Ravage!!!

HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats laughable at BEST, mister!!!

Ravage!!!
This is total BS. If there's one thing I dislike about this board it's you can just make up a rumor out of your ass and post it. Nothing has to be verified with a viable news link or source. I bet the original poster is laughing his/her ass off at the reaction to this hot, runny buffaloe exhaust.

Again....

underrated29
09-03-2009, 01:42 PM

Its also on the OM and BM....

lil bit special
09-03-2009, 01:46 PM
All true statements, but as you said... Marshall's antics have lowered his value. So where is Marshall's value? Its lower than it should be, and right now, we probably should take what we can get. I don't think this will be a situation that gets resolved between the coach and the player. I'm not sure the coach wants it resolved, and right now feel pretty confident in saying the player doesn't.

So whats fair value? Not sure anymore. Getting something for a guy that will be sitting the bench seems better than nothing but a guy on the bench.

if they accept anything less than a 1st and 3rd or top player in return plus a pick and the fans and press will revolt. the public perception of the organization will be crap...

its a tough spot McDaniel worked himself into and no matter what he does he will come out on the losing end.

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 01:48 PM
if they accept anything less than a 1st and 3rd or top player in return plus a pick and the fans and press will revolt. the public perception of the organization will be crap...

its a tough spot McDaniel worked himself into and no matter what he does he will come out on the losing end.

If Jay and the bears get off to a fast start its going to get ugly in Denver as I just dont see us winning even 8 this year.

T.K.O.
09-03-2009, 01:50 PM
well it would be the greatest trade in broncos history if we got david harris !
because thats my name and if he turns out to be great i could write all kinds of cool blogs and stuff and people would think i'm "that david harris"
and if he turns out to be shytty i could buy a boatload of official broncos "david harris" jerseys for pennies on the dollar !!!!!whooohoooo:elefant:
its a win/win people !

lil bit special
09-03-2009, 01:58 PM
because thats my name and if he turns out to be great i could write all kinds of cool blogs and stuff and people would think i'm "that david harris"
and if he turns out to be shytty i could buy a boatload of official broncos "david harris" jerseys for pennies on the dollar !!!!!whooohoooo:elefant:
its a win/win people !

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/images/smilies/bwahaharoll.gif

Buff
09-03-2009, 01:58 PM
its a win/win people !

I was hoping we'd draft Jason Phillips out of TCU this year for the same reason.

claymore
09-03-2009, 02:01 PM
its a win/win people !

Thats a jersey you cant get burned on! My real name is Jay Cutler, thats why Im so angry. :mad:

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 02:03 PM
thats a jersey you cant get burned on! My real name is jay cutler, thats why im so angry. :mad:

lmmfao

dogfish
09-03-2009, 02:17 PM
its a win/win people !

that's cool and all, but. . . . john elway?

:laugh:

BroncoTech
09-03-2009, 02:18 PM
You couldn't keep your nose clean in cow-town Denver good luck in NYC Brandumb. I'll read about your encounters with the law with more zest now. Chump.

TennesseeTunesmith
09-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Coach McDunmb*** could make up for trading franchise player. Carr would be a large step up from what is in camp now!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOtorboat
09-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Coach McDunmb*** could make up for trading franchise player. Carr would be a large step up from what is in camp now!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tsk:

:welcome:

:rolleyes:

dogfish
09-03-2009, 02:47 PM

no. . . . no, he wouldn't. . . .

welcome to the board, though. . . .