PDA

View Full Version : How do you want to handle 2009 adopted Bronco? Important you vote

Tned
09-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Ok, we have some differing opinions on how the adopt a Bronco should be handled this year.

In past years on Mania and here, we have created a thread, and each Bronco could be adopted three times on a first come, first serve basis by posting in the adopt a Bronco thread.

However, there are some issues with that.

First, some people feel they should be able to put any player they want in the profile, and not have to 'adopt' them. So, if 50 people want Moreno, they should all be able to put him up.

Second, when new members come to the forum, they will either be picking whoever is left undrafted, or will just go into their profile and add a player, not knowing their was a process for adopting a player.

So, we need to decide...

Option A: Do we only display Broncos adopted via adopt-a-Bronco thread
or
Option B: Members can choose any player they want, and we don't do an adopt-a-Bronco thread this year

Choose the option you want in the poll above.

Slick
09-02-2009, 06:38 PM
The place has outgrown some of our old traditions Tned. If 60 posters want Eddie Royal, let them.

Grover
09-02-2009, 06:50 PM
I think we should all adopt Frau like Slick has.

I voted Option B. I don't think the adoption should be limited to any particular number, nor on a first come-first served basis. Let it be open adoption.

topscribe
09-02-2009, 06:58 PM
-----

claymore
09-02-2009, 07:08 PM
I think option A is gay and petty.

dogfish
09-02-2009, 07:10 PM
"And the peasants rejoiced!"

- SmilinAssassin27

Requiem / The Dagda
09-02-2009, 07:12 PM
I think we should be allowed to do multi-tiered adoptions.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I voted for Option B - should be a limit on how many - 3 at the most would be my suggestion.

Tned
09-02-2009, 07:32 PM
I voted for Option B - should be a limit on how many - 3 at the most would be my suggestion.

I don't understand. what is the limit of 3 you are suggesting?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 07:35 PM
I don't understand. what is the limit of 3 you are suggesting?

Can adopt up to 3 players, or coaches - heck, might even be fun for some if they wanted to adopt a cheerleader or two.

Tned
09-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Can adopt up to 3 players, or coaches - heck, might even be fun for some if they wanted to adopt a cheerleader or two.

I think we eithe need to do it the old way, which is to have a first come/first served adoption/draft, or just let people do what they want.

The fact is the points some people brought up, like the new people joining the forum and the fact that anyone can change the field, which we have already seen happening, means I think we have to either do it as a one player adoption, the way it was for years on mania and here, or just let people put in what they want.

If we do it as an adoption, I can change that field so that only I can change it, so that people will have to follow the rules.

girler
09-02-2009, 08:43 PM
I think it should be either A with it locked in, or B with everything goes.

I'm so decisive. :D

Buff
09-02-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but I think the "Adopted Bronco" display in the profile is kind of unnecessary. Personally, I just don't think it's something that enough people are interested in to warrant being in every member's profile. Also, it's just a numbers game, there aren't enough Broncos to go around...

So I think you should do the thread and have the old rules, but let people display it in their sigs or their avatars... Then if you still want to include something personalized members' profiles, I think you should change it to "Favorite Player."

Just my :2cents:

Tned
09-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Get your vote in.

NightTrainLayne
09-02-2009, 09:34 PM
It's got to be Option B in my humble opinion for a couple of reasons.

There's only 53 guys on the final roster. . so if you do Option A and limit each player to being adopted three times, that means only 159 members could actually adopt a Bronco, and some of those are going to be unknown special teams guys.

Then you have the issue mentioned above of new members joining up and not even realizing that there's a process. Already I saw someone who just joined within the past couple of days who has an adopted Bronco listed even though you reset them the other day Tned.

Option B for me.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 09:39 PM
I think we eithe need to do it the old way, which is to have a first come/first served adoption/draft, or just let people do what they want.

The fact is the points some people brought up, like the new people joining the forum and the fact that anyone can change the field, which we have already seen happening, means I think we have to either do it as a one player adoption, the way it was for years on mania and here, or just let people put in what they want.

If we do it as an adoption, I can change that field so that only I can change it, so that people will have to follow the rules.

This is suppose to be something fun - not to where it should be handled that only you can change it, so that people will have to follow the rules. I do not feel that there should be rules associated with something like this. And if someone does not want to do it, just do not fill in the Adopt area.

nbenallo33
09-02-2009, 09:46 PM
did you say adopt a cheerleader??? can i adopt the whole squad?

MOtorboat
09-02-2009, 09:52 PM
This is suppose to be something fun - not to where it should be handled that only you can change it, so that people will have to follow the rules. I do not feel that there should be rules associated with something like this. And if someone does not want to do it, just do not fill in the Adopt area.

I, personally want to adopt the Bronco that I want to "adopt."

So, no offense, but, the Bronco I'm going to type in is the Bronco I'm going to type in. I find it kind of stupid that this thread was even started.

My adopted Broncos will be what I say it is.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 09:54 PM

So, no offense, but, the Bronco I'm going to type in is the Bronco I'm going to type in. I find it kind of stupid that this thread was even started.

I totally agree with you. You need to go back and read the post that I was responding to.

MOtorboat
09-02-2009, 09:55 PM
I totally agree with you. You need to go back and read the post that I was responding to.

I wasn't attacking you, I was responding in correspondence with you.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 10:00 PM
I wasn't attacking you, I was responding in correspondence with you.

:salute:

Tned
09-02-2009, 10:07 PM

Is there anything you don't find stupid? Geez :eek:

That's why we are having this thread, so we can decide how we are going to do it. In years past, it has been a draft of sorts, and that was the Bronco that was supposed to be listed. It was done that way for years on Mania and for two years on BF.

To say it is stupid to even have a thread to discuss something is pretty un-community like.

Regardless, it looks like that is the way the poll is going, so likely you will be able to choose your Bronco. I hope you voted before declairing this tread stupid.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 10:11 PM
It was not stupid to start this thread, as Tned has stated that he will do what the members on here want (within reason :D), and it is a good idea to get the members' opinions, rather than Tned just determining which way it will be done.

MOtorboat
09-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Is there anything you don't find stupid? Geez :eek:

That's why we are having this thread, so we can decide how we are going to do it. In years past, it has been a draft of sorts, and that was the Bronco that was supposed to be listed. It was done that way for years on Mania and for two years on BF.

To say it is stupid to even have a thread to discuss something is pretty un-community like.

Regardless, it looks like that is the way the poll is going, so likely you will be able to choose your Bronco. I hope you voted before declairing this tread stupid.

Boy, you take shit too seriously.

I think it's stupid that I can't adopt the Bronco I want. That's not a personal attack. It's not meant to offend anyone, and yet, somehow, you're offended and get bitchy.

I didn't vote, because I didn't really find either option my opinion.

I want to select my own Bronco to adopt. It's actually quite that simple.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 10:15 PM

I think it's stupid that I can't adopt the Bronco I want. That's not a personal attack. It's not meant to offend anyone, and yet, somehow, you're offended and get bitchy.

Option B would then be what you want

Tned
09-02-2009, 10:16 PM

Well, since you didn't vote, I hope option A doesn't overtake B, since B is what you are saying you want to do. Not sure how that isn't 'your' option.

Shazam!
We should be able to select whoever we want, current or past Broncos...

MOtorboat
Well, since you didn't vote, I hope option A doesn't overtake B, since B is what you are saying you want to do. Not sure how that isn't 'your' option.

I apologize. You get offended so easy...

Tned
09-02-2009, 10:19 PM
I apologize. You get offended so easy...

No not offended, just sick of the lack of civility.

It's a Mania/BF tradition we are talking about eliminating. You opinion is certainly wanted as part of the community, but to state the thread and discussion is stupid, just completely lacks civility and any desire on your part to do things based on what the community wants.

Northman
09-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Well, ive got an Adopt a Poster and that is Coach so it doesnt matter to me.

*Correction- I did have an Adopt a Poster but some numbnut changed it.

Northman
09-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but I think the "Adopted Bronco" display in the profile is kind of unnecessary. Personally, I just don't think it's something that enough people are interested in to warrant being in every member's profile. Also, it's just a numbers game, there aren't enough Broncos to go around...

So I think you should do the thread and have the old rules, but let people display it in their sigs or their avatars... Then if you still want to include something personalized members' profiles, I think you should change it to "Favorite Player."

Thats actually a great idea.

frauschieze
09-02-2009, 10:49 PM
FFS people. Knock the ish off!

This is supposed to be a thread to discuss how we want to run a fun little thing this site's done for the last two years. There is ZERO reason to be bitching at each other, baiting, attacking and otherwise acting disrespectful.

This thread is on a 10 minute time out. I expect better behavior out of you ALL when it's reopened. We're all Broncos fans here. For once, why don't we treat each other that way.

frauschieze
09-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Alright, we're going to try this again. I've cleaned up this thread of the unnecessary arguments and bickering. This is a community focused thread. Let's try to act like one.

:focus:

Day1BroncoFan
09-02-2009, 11:24 PM
I voted for option B just because I don't think it matters how many people want to adopt a particular player. Why would it?

The only other way would be to creat a lottery where each member would PM a number between 1 and 53. Each player would also have a number which would correspond. Thay way you would be assigned a player.

I would rather just pick a player and do the Option B thing.

FanInAZ
09-03-2009, 03:03 AM
Option B

I know that this might require a lot of work on Tned's part, but if he can find the time then here is what I would like. The thread containing a complete list of every Bronco currently on the roster followed by all the members that have adopted them.

I had assumed that this was how it was set up when I went to look to see how may had pick Tom Brandstater. I was surprised that he was not there, but a number of ex-Broncos were. So, I went a head and adopted him.

This could become a lot of work for Tned because he would need to post updates everytime the Broncos do a transaction. This would be needed to inform members, especially those who adopted lesser known Broncos just so all Broncos get adopted, that their player is no longer on the team.

I know that a lot of members adopted ex-Broncos as well. I think that adds a little spice to the site.

As far as adopting other members, thay should ask the permission of their potential adoptee first. Some of the ladies might be flattered by such attention while others might get spooked. Seriously, a lot of ladies of very leery about guys being too friendly.

:D So Frau, I promise that you'll never have to worry about me adopting you :D

FanInAZ
09-03-2009, 03:12 AM

Actually, I believe that just about all of our regulars had adopted someone before 2009 adopted Bronco thread apeared. Its impossible for me to verify now that all of these pervious adoptions were wiped clean.

sneakers
09-03-2009, 05:27 AM
I can has Ben Hamilton?

Superchop 7
09-03-2009, 08:21 AM
adopt 3

1- current player
2- former player
3- cheerleader

If the unibrow is still around........

Grover
09-03-2009, 08:44 AM
[QUOTE]There's only 53 guys on the final roster. . so if you do Option A and limit each player to being adopted three times, that means only 159 members could actually adopt a Bronco, and some of those are going to be unknown special teams guys.
/QUOTE]

I got around that predicament by adopting Simon Fletcher. Flipped a coin between him and Dennis Smith. I hope Simon is doing well.

Northman
09-03-2009, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE]There's only 53 guys on the final roster. . so if you do Option A and limit each player to being adopted three times, that means only 159 members could actually adopt a Bronco, and some of those are going to be unknown special teams guys.
/QUOTE]

I got around that predicament by adopting Simon Fletcher. Flipped a coin between him and Dennis Smith. I hope Simon is doing well.

Yea, its just not going to work going with option A. People like certain players and should be able to choose them no matter how many times they are chosen.

Tned
09-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Well, unless something changes drastically in the balloting, we can let Gnomey off the hook as far as running the adoption/draft.

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm all for a free for all but from past experiance on another board a free for all does reduce the importance/use (however you wanna describe it) of the "feature"

Just my 2 cents I really dont care either way.

Tned
09-03-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm all for a free for all but from past experiance on another board a free for all does reduce the importance/use (however you wanna describe it) of the "feature"

Just my 2 cents I really dont care either way.

You can say Mane here, we want to keep people out of attraction, not out of not knowing other options exist. ;)

Slick
09-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Option B

I know that this might require a lot of work on Tned's part, but if he can find the time then here is what I would like. The thread containing a complete list of every Bronco currently on the roster followed by all the members that have adopted them.

I had assumed that this was how it was set up when I went to look to see how may had pick Tom Brandstater. I was surprised that he was not there, but a number of ex-Broncos were. So, I went a head and adopted him.

This could become a lot of work for Tned because he would need to post updates everytime the Broncos do a transaction. This would be needed to inform members, especially those who adopted lesser known Broncos just so all Broncos get adopted, that their player is no longer on the team.

I know that a lot of members adopted ex-Broncos as well. I think that adds a little spice to the site.

As far as adopting other members, thay should ask the permission of their potential adoptee first. Some of the ladies might be flattered by such attention while others might get spooked. Seriously, a lot of ladies of very leery about guys being too friendly.

:D So Frau, I promise that you'll never have to worry about me adopting you :D

They happen to be friends with Frau, they didn't ask permission, and if they spooked her she'd just go kick their ass anyway.

frauschieze
09-03-2009, 11:07 AM
They happen to be friends with Frau, they didn't ask permission, and if they spooked her she'd just go kick their ass anyway.

Damn skippy.

http://www.nataliedee.com/083109/done-and-done.jpg

honz
09-03-2009, 11:16 AM
You can say Mane here, we want to keep people out of attraction, not out of not knowing other options exist. ;)

The Mane sucks. I have an account over there, but never post and rarely check it. Way too much garbage to sift through over there and cooler peeps over here.

*This message was paid for by Tned

Tned
09-03-2009, 02:45 PM
The polls are still open, read the first post in this thread and then vote if you haven't already.

Thanks

Tned
09-03-2009, 08:47 PM
You're on for gameday, don't forget to vote.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
The polls are still open, read the first post in this thread and then vote if you haven't already.

Thanks

Bump for those who have not voted.

Tned
09-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Well, unless there is a massive surge of Option A votes in the next couple hours, I will reset all the players back to blank after work, and let people rechoose their Bronco.

We have over 10% of active users voting and it is a landslide for Option B.

Dortoh
09-04-2009, 03:40 PM
1. When/where
2. Can I call shotgun err I mean Bruton?

Day1BroncoFan
09-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Yay option "B"!!!

:elefant:

Dortoh
09-04-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm going to vote for A out of pitty.

Day1BroncoFan
09-04-2009, 03:47 PM
A who?

Dean
09-04-2009, 05:42 PM

Thanks

No thanks. I gave at the office.

Ravage!!!
09-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Option A! Option A!!

I love drafts! (except when fleaflicker screws mE!!! Damn you Flea FLicker!!!!!!!!)

Tned
09-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Option A! Option A!!

I love drafts! (except when fleaflicker screws mE!!! Damn you Flea FLicker!!!!!!!!)

Come on, we all know you wanted those players, but were afraid we would laugh, so you were covering your tracks... :lol:

Ravage!!!
09-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Come on, we all know you wanted those players, but were afraid we would laugh, so you were covering your tracks... :lol:

:lol:

:confused: That see through, huh?

Reidman
09-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Well, unless there is a massive surge of Option A votes in the next couple hours, I will reset all the players back to blank after work, and let people rechoose their Bronco.

Good move Tned...:beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2009, 07:10 PM

Would it be better to wait until the cuts are all done - or maybe not - guess if someone chooses a player, and they get cut, they can change it.

Tned
09-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Would it be better to wait until the cuts are all done - or maybe not - guess if someone chooses a player, and they get cut, they can change it.

Yea, they can change it. I will actually probably do it sometime early tomorrow morning when I update the forum and server software.

BroncoBJ
09-04-2009, 08:51 PM
I say that Tned gets 1st pick.
Then Everyone from Broncos Country gets to pick next.
And then the Freaks and everyone else can pick last.

Thats the fairest way to do it IMO. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2009, 08:53 PM

Each member can pick whoever they want.

Lonestar
09-04-2009, 09:13 PM

a real way to make friends on here HUH?

BTW it looks like we can choose who we want..

Tned
09-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Ok, while we only had 58 people vote (about 15% of active members), the A/B ratio was holding very steady even as the number of votes increased. Over 70% wanted option B, where you could pick your own adopted Bronco and change it whenever you want.

I have reset the adopted bronco field back to what it was prior to the note being displayed about seeing the 2009 adopt-a-bronco thread.