PDA

View Full Version : Moreno could play for Broncos Thursday night

Magnificent Seven
09-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Broncos rookie running back Knowshon Moreno, the club's top draft pick, might play in Thursday's final preseason game against the visiting Arizona Cardinals.

"He would be capable of playing, but I'm not exactly sure if that's the smartest decision," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said after the team's walk-through practice today.

Moreno suffered a knee injury in Denver's preseason opener at San Francisco, but returned to practice on Tuesday.

"We're going to talk about that, taking all the information into account and making sure we do the smart thing by the player and make sure we're ready for next week," McDaniels said.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13254055

LRtagger
09-02-2009, 04:27 PM
I hope he doesn't play.

G_Money
09-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Keep his ass off the field.

~G

TXBRONC
09-02-2009, 04:30 PM
I hope he doesn't play.

On the hand I would like for him to get some reps in but on the other hand I don't want he to risk further injury.

G_Money
09-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Why would he need reps running behind a line of backups, taking handoffs from a backup, playing against backups...?

None of it will resemble week 1 conditions any more than practice does.

Don't risk the injury or re-injury, and give his knee 10 more days before real contact to heal.

~G

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Why would he need reps running behind a line of backups, taking handoffs from a backup, playing against backups...?

Don't risk the injury or re-injury, and give his knee 10 more days before real contact to heal.

~G

Totally agree...... nothing to be gained.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-02-2009, 04:35 PM
If you don't have yours, you better get it.

http://dvdforme.com/Jim/28823.jpg

Kaylore
09-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Let him get in a get settled for a few weeks. We are looking at his career here, and a few reps in a worthless game isn't going to do anything but jeopardize his playing career.

Magnificent Seven
09-02-2009, 04:58 PM
If you don't have yours, you better get it.

http://dvdforme.com/Jim/28823.jpg

Good one!

Reidman
09-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Agree with keeping him out of this one..

yardog
09-02-2009, 05:26 PM

~G

Sorry G but this won't change in week one.

honz
09-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Sorry G but this won't change in week one.

:rimshot:

shank
09-02-2009, 06:14 PM
:rimshot:

wow, honz, it wasn't THAT funny :confused:

EDIT: sorry, mis-read it.

honz
09-02-2009, 06:18 PM
wow, honz, it wasn't THAT funny :confused:

EDIT: sorry, mis-read it.

Stop cramping my style. :salute:

T.K.O.
09-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Broncos to go easy with Knowshon
Posted by Tom Curran on September 2, 2009 6:03 PM ET
So far, 2009 has been nothing but a hard-luck country song for Josh McDaniels.

One quarterback pouts his way out of town, the guy who replaces him finishes a preseason game with the bone sticking out of his pointer finger, your pissed off wideout is auditioning for punter.

Given all that, the Broncos head coach said today that, while first-round running back Knowshon Moreno could play against the Cardinals in Thursday night's preseason finale, it might not be prudent at this juncture.

According to the Denver Post, McDaniels said today that Moreno "would be capable of playing, but I'm not exactly sure if that's the smartest decision."

Moreno, the 12th overall pick out of Georgia, returned to practice Tuesday after injuring his knee in the preseason opener against the Niners.

Still, McDaniels didn't rule out using him. (Gulp.)

"We're going to talk about that, taking all the information into account and making sure we do the smart thing by the player and make sure we're ready for next week," McDaniels said.

If something does happen, Mr. Murphy may be wondering why his law has now been changed to McDaniels' Law.

Lonestar
09-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Broncos to go easy with Knowshon
Posted by Tom Curran on September 2, 2009 6:03 PM ET
So far, 2009 has been nothing but a hard-luck country song for Josh McDaniels.

One quarterback pouts his way out of town, the guy who replaces him finishes a preseason game with the bone sticking out of his pointer finger, your pissed off wideout is auditioning for punter.

Given all that, the Broncos head coach said today that, while first-round running back Knowshon Moreno could play against the Cardinals in Thursday night's preseason finale, it might not be prudent at this juncture.

According to the Denver Post, McDaniels said today that Moreno "would be capable of playing, but I'm not exactly sure if that's the smartest decision."

Moreno, the 12th overall pick out of Georgia, returned to practice Tuesday after injuring his knee in the preseason opener against the Niners.

Still, McDaniels didn't rule out using him. (Gulp.)

If something does happen, Mr. Murphy may be wondering why his law has now been changed to McDaniels' Law.

classic line might put it in my sig..

Superchop 7
09-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Stupid is as stupid does.