PDA

View Full Version : Re: Adopt-A-Bronco 2009

gnomeflinger
09-02-2009, 02:26 PM
I have gotten a few PM's on what Broncos certain members wish to adopt. To make it fair to everyone else, I cannot officially register your adoptee until 9PST/12M on Saturday, September 5, 2009.* If you wish to send your applications before the deadline, that is fine. I still cannot count them until the onset of the adopt-a-thon. It is, and always will be, first come first served. If three other posters have adopted your chosen player, I will notify you via PM.

*This is because the official NFL roster won't be announced until some time that day. It wouldn't make sense to adopt a player that is definitely on the team for 2009.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.

(The first mod to read this, please lock this thread. Mucho thanks :D)

gnomeflinger
09-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Also, if you want to adopt a player before the onset, yet three other people want the same player and they registered between 9PM and 9:15M PST, you will have to pick another player.

Tned
09-02-2009, 02:56 PM
To be fair, we have never had people adopt via PM and I think we should do it as we have in the past, which is only people that visit the thread and post their choice, get a player. If we don't do it that way, then we should have an 'official' start time to start sending PM's so that can also be a first come, first served.

just my opinion, but I don't think a PM sent today, should preempt someone that gets on at 9:30 on Saturday to choose a player. That doesn't seem fair.

Chris90210
09-02-2009, 03:00 PM
well i'll show up for hillis

CoachChaz
09-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Do we really have to use a thread and first come/first served basis to put the name of our favorite Bronco above our posts?

Italianmobstr7
09-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Knowshon Moreno.

GEM
09-02-2009, 03:15 PM
I agree with T- we've always done it via the thread. Whoever posts the name first, get it.

West
09-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Its a toss up between Knowshon, 'Phonso and Royal....

Decisions.... decisions.

gnomeflinger
09-02-2009, 03:20 PM
I understand T's and GEM's point, and I agree. But what if certain people are going to be out of town that day and can't get to a computer?

CoachChaz
09-02-2009, 03:20 PM
I agree with T- we've always done it via the thread. Whoever posts the name first, get it.

So, if we have 200 members and only 53 players...then what?

Tned
09-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Do we really have to use a thread and first come/first served basis to put the name of our favorite Bronco above our posts?

It's a Mania/BF/Mane tradition to adopt or draft players. We do three posters per player, which gives us 160 or so, but even that might not be enough. On the Mane, they do it in actual draft fashion.

I don't feel strongly one way or another, but if we are going to choose to not go the adoption route, then we need to figure that out quick.

I understand T's and GEM's point, and I agree. But what if certain people are going to be out of town that day and can't get to a computer?

I understand what you are saying, but look at it this way, I want x player, so I make sure that I get home to put throw my name in the thread, only to find out that a few people sent a PM a week earlier and got my player, when I didn't even know that was an option.

It seems like it has to be all or nothing (all PM or all thread) or if PM's are going to be counted, it needs to be 24 hours later or something like that.

In-com-plete
09-02-2009, 03:27 PM

My sister couldn't call shotgun while we were still in McDonalds just because she had to get a refill on her coke. You have to be outside to call shotgun!

The rules is the rules.

CoachChaz
09-02-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm just as happy not having an adopted Bronco at all if it means I have to show up at a certain time and hope my spot in line is conducive with it all.

I know who my favorite players are...not going out of my way to advertise f that's what it takes.

Dortoh
09-02-2009, 03:32 PM
I've already got dibs on mine and I refuse to give her up.

Dortoh
09-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Hey who stole my adopt a bronco fan........:tsk:

pnbronco
09-02-2009, 03:41 PM
It's a Mania/BF/Mane tradition to adopt or draft players. We do three posters per player, which gives us 160 or so, but even that might not be enough. On the Mane, they do it in actual draft fashion.

I don't feel strongly one way or another, but if we are going to choose to not go the adoption route, then we need to figure that out quick.

I understand what you are saying, but look at it this way, I want x player, so I make sure that I get home to put throw my name in the thread, only to find out that a few people sent a PM a week earlier and got my player, when I didn't even know that was an option.

It seems like it has to be all or nothing (all PM or all thread) or if PM's are going to be counted, it needs to be 24 hours later or something like that.

I actually like the suggestion that we can adopt on Sat night (Sept 5), at 9:00pm Pacific Time, 10:00pm Mountain Time, 11:00pm Central Time and 12 Midnight Eastern, (right?) on this thread. If you know that you will be out of town and can't get to a computer you can send a PM before then but it will be 24 before those requests go into place.

This is combining Gnomes times and Tned suggestion. If I totally blew it well I'm sure I can figure out someone to blame....;)

In the past we have always had more players than members, but the Champs and such go fast. I can see it now, honey if we go out Sat night I have to be home by 9:45 and try to explain why.

yardog
09-02-2009, 03:42 PM
WTH Shanny then Cutler and now someone has taken my Adopted Bronco. :tsk:

Tned
09-02-2009, 05:07 PM
I went for Spencer Larsen in the beginning, and I am keeping him. :coffee:

-----

Fixed. TIA for honoring the rules.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 05:15 PM

I agree - I never could understand why each player was restricted to 3 members only. I think each member should be able to choose the one they want to. I do not agree with someone choosing 3 or 4, but nothing wrong with a member choosing one, and not being restricted because that player has been picked by 3 members.

And what about new members signing up - by the time they sign up, there may not be any players left.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 05:17 PM
I agree - I never could understand why each player was restricted to 3 members only. I think each member should be able to choose the one they want to. I do not agree with someone choosing 3 or 4, but nothing wrong with a member choosing one, and not being restricted because that player has been picked by 3 members.

And what about new members signing up - by the time they sign up, there may not be any players left.

Also, are there some members willing to stay up until midnight in the Eastern Time Zone to get their pm in?

dogfish
09-02-2009, 05:18 PM

it really makes a LOT more sense to just let people fill in the field with who they want. . . otherwise we look like a bunch of little kids fighting over christmas presents. . . "no, that's MY adopted bronco!"

:rolleyes: :coffee:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-02-2009, 05:19 PM
It doesn't necessarily matter to me who adopts who or whether or not it is even listed, but I think that people should be able to adopt who they want. No limits. I agree with the concerns that Carol has addressed as well. Lets face it. Nobody wants to adopt a player who is a loser.

Dortoh
09-02-2009, 05:20 PM

What about not doubling up until all players have been taken so that every player gets some love?

I'm thinking of going Gem this year but I'll have to take confirm that with my assistant fan coachs Hotrod and Capn Snuggie.

Dortoh
09-02-2009, 05:21 PM
It doesn't necessarily matter to me who adopts who or whether or not it is even listed, but I think that people should be able to adopt who they want. No limits. I agree with the concerns that Carol has addressed as well. Lets face it. Nobody wants to adopt a player who is a loser.

Very good point but if nobody takes Orton I'll feel bad for him and take him.

yardog
09-02-2009, 05:23 PM

:tsk:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-02-2009, 05:25 PM

If Topscribe can't get the Stormin' Mormon (Larsen) -- he'll undoubtedly go for Orton. He's about the only dude on any of the forums still defending the guy.

dogfish
09-02-2009, 05:26 PM
If Topscribe can't get the Stormin' Mormon (Larsen) -- he'll undoubtedly go for Orton. He's about the only dude on any of the forums still defending the guy.

when you put in thousands of hours of research, it's a pretty serious investment. . . .

girler
09-02-2009, 05:32 PM
it really makes a LOT more sense to just let people fill in the field with who they want. . . otherwise we look like a bunch of little kids fighting over christmas presents. . . "no, that's MY adopted bronco!"

I totally thought that's what it was... :confused:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-02-2009, 05:35 PM
when you put in thousands of hours of research, it's a pretty serious investment. . . .

Don't leave home without it!

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6410/holyorton.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 05:40 PM
DAMN - there can't even be discussion on something this simple without personal attacks :tsk:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-02-2009, 05:45 PM
What personal attack? Topscribe likes Orton and seems to like Spencer. I just said if he couldn't get Spencer, he'd go for Orton. It was a light hearted gesture, as I assume Dog's was as well. I'm not sure where the personal attack came in play.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Heck yeah, now Orton is all mine!

Tned
09-02-2009, 06:03 PM
DAMN - there can't even be discussion on something this simple without personal attacks :tsk:

Nope, it's a shame, isn't it.

As to adopting a player via a thread as has been done on Mania and here for years, I personally don't have a preference, but we need to be on the same page so we don't have some people adopting players and putting that person up, even if they didn't get the player they wanted, and then others just putting up whoever they want.

Time to opine folks (without attacking each other) and decide how we want to proceed this year.

gnomeflinger
09-02-2009, 08:21 PM
WTH??? I thought this was a simple thing? :confused:

gnomeflinger
09-02-2009, 08:28 PM
I thought this was a fun thing. I am sorry for trying to appease everyone.

So, what's the deal? Are we still doing this, or not?

The majority says to pick via thread. I just wanted to be fair to everyone. So, it's pick via thread. If you don't like the rules, then um, kiss a slug. :D After you do so, I"ll introduce you to my husband's grandfather. :D

Tned
09-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Yea, trust me, I know of the dangers of trying to appease everyone.

We have a poll up in Broncos Talk asking people if they want to even do the adopt-a-broncos thing or just make it a free for all where people can just put up their favorite player. The feedback in this thread and via pm/suggestion box indicated a lot of people wanted to just put up whoever they wanted, so it seemed a vote was in order.

gnomeflinger
09-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Well, poop!

pnbronco
09-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Well, poop!

Well now you can get that extra hour of sleep. I'm sorry I just can't stop myself from being a glass half full.....:rolleyes:

girler
09-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Well, poop!

Good thing you've got that gas mask. :D

GEM
09-03-2009, 09:51 AM
So, if we have 200 members and only 53 players...then what?

We've always had up to 3 or 4 people per player.

CoachChaz
09-03-2009, 10:00 AM
We've always had up to 3 or 4 people per player.

I guess that's my point. Why have a separate thread to choose them. Just let people list whoever they want.

Northman
09-03-2009, 10:05 AM

^This

Seeing how well its been going so far this will not end well.

Tned
09-03-2009, 10:38 AM
I guess that's my point. Why have a separate thread to choose them. Just let people list whoever they want.

It's just a tradition that Mania/BF have had and on the Mane they do it, but slightly different (more formalized draft order, based on seniortity, etc).

There is good and bad to it, but like most things in life, it is based on a tradition of doing it a certain way.

gnomeflinger
09-05-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm saddened my baby has been shot down. :pout:

pnbronco
09-05-2009, 06:54 PM

We love you gnomie and in the end that's all that really matters...:hug:

Thank you for offering to do the work....:salute:

Day1BroncoFan
09-05-2009, 08:03 PM

Your baby didn't get shot down just grown into an adult that doesn't need supervision. :D

Don't know if that's better or not.

girler
09-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Your baby didn't get shot down just grown into an adult that doesn't need supervision. :D

Don't know if that's better or not.

Only if it doesn't write home for money. :coffee:

Tned
09-05-2009, 08:44 PM
We love you gnomie and in the end that's all that really matters...:hug:

Thank you for offering to do the work....:salute:

What she said. We tried to get it going, but we have too many rebels here that don't want to follow rules. I was going to have my butt here 1 second after the thread was open to adopt my Arkansas home boy Hillis.

pnbronco
09-05-2009, 09:26 PM
What she said. We tried to get it going, but we have too many rebels here that don't want to follow rules. I was going to have my butt here 1 second after the thread was open to adopt my Arkansas home boy Hillis.

Me too for Stok. On the other hand I really like Goodman too so I man be a rebel (for me) and add him with Stok.....

Watchthemiddle
09-05-2009, 09:29 PM
So....once again I am confused ( not that it should be a surprise to anyone )...do we get to choose who we want regardless of how many people want them?

nbenallo33
09-05-2009, 09:30 PM
so what about cheerleaders?? its hard to only pick one can pick them all? :D

pnbronco
09-05-2009, 10:00 PM
So....once again I am confused ( not that it should be a surprise to anyone )...do we get to choose who we want regardless of how many people want them?

Yes....

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2009, 10:02 PM
so what about cheerleaders?? its hard to only pick one can pick them all? :D

List them all in your sig :D